Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

Warmachine posted:

The stickers underneath the clear blue sections of the G-self have been my exception to the no sticker rule. I figure the panels are going to protect them from damage, so go hog wild.

Nah, I hosed up putting these on since my tweezers are bent as hell. Painting works better for me, I think. Just gotta let it dry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Fauxtool posted:

I need to build something before the boxes win

new thread title

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Lessail posted:

new thread title

I so wish I could change thread titles whenever I wanted. I could have more thread titles than Fauxtool has built Gunpla. :v:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Zedd posted:

The only ones that might stand a chance:
Unicorn variants (because duh)
Sinanju (Unicorn hypetrain and popular)
Nu Gundam (Iconic MS)
GM (I doubt they will ever want to 2.0 a PG 78-2 and this is a solid choice)

After that it gets even more shaky IMO. Either something from SEED/D (Very popular), Exia/00Q (reusable frame) or the gundams without a lot of high engineering gimmicks (Ground Gundam, God Gundam, AGE1, etc) and ofcourse should the shows be popular enough <currently airing show here>

I'm still surprised they haven't done PG Freedom yet.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Don't forget that there are actually a decent amount of NG 1/60s.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
I'm a bit disappointed that there's a PG Astray mold but no PG Sengoku Astray.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

The Muffinlord posted:

I'm a bit disappointed that there's a PG Astray mold but no PG Sengoku Astray.

Same could be said for the Strike PG and Build Strike.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
https://twitter.com/KANETAKE/status/552786412873854977

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

So since I acquested to the thread's whims and got a MG Gundam X, and it was a rad as hell build, what would you guys recommend in the way of non-Gundam MGs?

I particularly like bulky suits (if I had the cash, I would totally get MG The O)

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
The GN-X looks cool, the Geara Doga MG is cool if you like that design, and the MG Ball is fun

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tallgeese.

Chewbacca
Jan 30, 2003

Thugged out since cub scouts
Zaku 2.0, in all its glorious variant colors of the rainbow. Also MG Dom. Doesn't get much chunkier than that.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Seconding the Ball. That thing was a ton of fun to build. Other than that, the Jesta's terrific.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I honestly wouldn't have even considered the Ball, I would have assumed it's like, a 5 minute build. Is it seriously that fun?

The Jesta is tempting me, because I like me some tacticool MSes.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I honestly wouldn't have even considered the Ball, I would have assumed it's like, a 5 minute build. Is it seriously that fun?

The Jesta is tempting me, because I like me some tacticool MSes.

It's closer to 90 minutes if you're slapdash like this guy. I'd still recommend it since it's like 30 bucks tops and it's the goddamn Ball. Ball is the best.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

So since I acquested to the thread's whims and got a MG Gundam X, and it was a rad as hell build, what would you guys recommend in the way of non-Gundam MGs?

I particularly like bulky suits (if I had the cash, I would totally get MG The O)

Tallgeese has always looked cool in the shows to me. Also, they make MG Acguy, Z'Gok, and Gogg kits. Also, Quebley!

note: I have never built any of these, except for the Acguy (which I still have two legs left to assemble)

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

One's I've built
gn-x good build, though fins are loose
Gelgoog 2.0- good solid build
Geara Doga- good but the cables are a pain in the rear end
Tallgeese- fine, but you'll have to paint it if you want the traditional color scheme
Dom- old but still pretty okay.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Is this still where we post our backlogs? Cause my first ever HLJ order came in today:

No customs charges was a pleasant surprise.

Just gotta go through a Zogok and finally finish my 3.0 and then it's straight to these guys, I swear...

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
This weekend I'm going to start panel lining after the future is ready. Should I be panel washing the hands if they are a darkish metallic color?

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

So this arrived today. wanted to see if the Volks offering was any better than the kotobukiya kit. looking at the runners and instructions, it's got a few parts that have simpler joints, so hopefully that translates to not having to cement-meld every tiny thing in place.

One thing is bothering me though:

What do I do with this? is this a wet decal or something different? I've never had to work with wet decals except on the other Fei Yen kit, and I ended up ruining those and having to paint that kit manually. can't exactly afford to make that mistake with this though, so figure I should ask.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

Colon Semicolon posted:

So this arrived today. wanted to see if the Volks offering was any better than the kotobukiya kit. looking at the runners and instructions, it's got a few parts that have simpler joints, so hopefully that translates to not having to cement-meld every tiny thing in place.

One thing is bothering me though:

What do I do with this? is this a wet decal or something different? I've never had to work with wet decals except on the other Fei Yen kit, and I ended up ruining those and having to paint that kit manually. can't exactly afford to make that mistake with this though, so figure I should ask.

The sheet is blue so those are waterslide decals yes, also as with most volks/hasegawa kits you have to do those mandatorily bc they dont hold your hand like koto/bandai

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
What's the deal with the MG Turn A arms? I've looked it over several times and I can't see how I've built them anything but correctly, but the elbow joint pops off at the slightest provocation, and doesn't ever slide fully into the slot it's meant for. Also, the bicep armor just kind of jiggles around on the bicep, it doesn't actually click on to anything.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

Anonymous Robot posted:

What's the deal with the MG Turn A arms? I've looked it over several times and I can't see how I've built them anything but correctly, but the elbow joint pops off at the slightest provocation, and doesn't ever slide fully into the slot it's meant for. Also, the bicep armor just kind of jiggles around on the bicep, it doesn't actually click on to anything.

Push it in until it pops. thats literally all it is.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Uznare posted:

Push it in until it pops. thats literally all it is.

Thanks, I figured it might be that but I don't really like to take the "try and force it" approach unless I know it works. It always wigs me out how often "just fuckin cram it in there" is the solution when it comes to hundreds-of-dollars PC components.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It looks like Kotobukiya probably saw the sales for AGP toys and decided to throw away their dignity for unlimited nerd money
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-009639&page=top

Frame Arms Girl, or FAG
With no anime tie in im not sure how successful they will be.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Fauxtool posted:

With no anime tie in im not sure how successful they will be

It's robbits and panties. At the same time. How can it not be successful?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Fauxtool posted:

It looks like Kotobukiya probably saw the sales for AGP toys and decided to throw away their dignity for unlimited nerd money

Frame Arms Girl, or FAG

I think Frame Arms are reasonably successful on their own. I may be interested if they do Baselard and Zefikarl or whatever the version that had a giant sword/railgun.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TARDISman posted:

I think Frame Arms are reasonably successful on their own. I may be interested if they do Baselard and Zefikarl or whatever the version that had a giant sword/railgun.

thats the Zef-whatever. These toys are supposedly compatible with the frame arms armor addons so thats cool

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my LEDs are here! They are bright as all poo poo. I think im going to wire it to use a wall outlet and use it for mood lighting in my bedroom. What could be sexier? Ladeez?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Fauxtool posted:

my LEDs are here! They are bright as all poo poo. I think im going to wire it to use a wall outlet and use it for mood lighting in my bedroom. What could be sexier? Ladeez?

Attach it to a dimmer switch, so you can have a Gundam that emits mood lighting.

Anyway, I've finally cracked and I'm trying to hunt down an afforable MG The O. It's not going well :smith:

Seriously considering MG Ball now too though.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Anyway, I've finally cracked and I'm trying to hunt down an afforable MG The O. It's not going well

It's not gonna go well when you build it either. Still, I wouldn't trade mine for five better kits.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

Fauxtool posted:

Frame Arms Girl, or FAG

It bugs the hell out of me that her shoulder armor isn't mounted around her shoulder.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Gundamguy's just reported the following announcements

quote:

HGBF 1/144 Gundam Build Fighters Try Model Kit (Release Date: Mar 2015, Price: 1800 yen)

HGBC 1/144 Gundam Build Fighters Try Weapon Set (Release Date: Mar 2015, Price: 600 yen)

SDBC 1/144 Gundam Build Fighers Try Model Kit (Release Date: Mar 2015, Price: 1000 yen)

Whaddya reckon; Transient Gundam, Spear set, and whatever that SD Lady was using?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
My money's on Tri Burning, Lightning's new backpack, and Star Winning.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Broken Loose posted:

My money's on Tri Burning, Lightning's new backpack, and Star Winning.

February, February, and February. Pay up or get your legs broke, buddy :toughguy:.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
In fairness, the description fits perfectly for each and maybe there was like a week delay after the initial magazine announcement or something.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Whaddya reckon; Transient Gundam, Spear set, and whatever that SD Lady was using?
I can only hope, that Transcient gundam is Tekkaman and I will own it.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I fell in love with the transient's gundams spear so I'll be picking up the spear set at least. Probably the gundam itself, because the design is pretty cool.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Why is the SD being considered an SDBC instead of a SDBF? The HG is definitely the transient, but a full price suit without any weapon would be weird.

e-Oh it would be like the shiki's rider thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
I bought Simon the boxer's Destiny gundam.

Should I snap-build it?