Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

other risks: not know what patents are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

The 100% realistic FPS game

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1111022153/the-100-realistic-fps-game?ref=category

eat your heart out Arma

ORIGINAL GAME DO NOT STEAL

this is the same stupid loving idea every 15 year old fps dork has

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

As a Millennial I posted:

these kinds of games should just make the player be a truck driver or some non-combat thing

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
Euro Truck Simulator 3 Arena

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
& Knuckles

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

one of the first things i ever read on SA was some front page article about terrible FPSs, and that idea was in there

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

it's rooted in not understanding that being passionate about a vision or idea doesn't mean it's the best thing ever

these people have never faced real criticism or critique in their lives

recently a local indie games facebook group had people expressing concern about sharing ideas lest they get stolen

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

because they think having an idea is the really hard part, and that turning it into a finished game is just typing the idea into a computer - literally glorified data entry

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Mido posted:

it's rooted in not understanding that being passionate about a vision or idea doesn't mean it's the best thing ever

that idea never being made into a published video game also doesn't mean it's genius

newsflash: pretty much everything's been thought of already and if it hasn't been made yet, there's probably a good reason

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

that idea never being made into a published video game also doesn't mean it's genius

yeppppppp

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Mido posted:

also that realism does not necessarily equal fun

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

The Leck posted:

also that realism does not necessarily equal fun

but!

quote:

Therefore I have decided to create a 100% realistic FPS game, just like we know it from car- and flight-simulators.
except you can reasonably recreate car and plane interfaces with a hundred bucks of hardware, while mouse+keyboard will never accurately simulate running around shooting people

for thousands of dollars you can build a vr system that you can walk around in carrying a real gun, and guess what: the military already does that

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the only possible market for this game would be much better served by milsim airsoft

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

but!

except you can reasonably recreate car and plane interfaces with a hundred bucks of hardware, while mouse+keyboard will never accurately simulate running around shooting people

for thousands of dollars you can build a vr system that you can walk around in carrying a real gun, and guess what: the military already does that

also driving a racecar is much more fun than getting shot at

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

this realistic game already exists and it's called metal gear solid :crossarms:

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

*shoots a guy in the head with a dart and he doesn't notice*

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Mido posted:

*shoots a guy in the head with a dart and he doesn't notice*

did you see the news story about the dude in brazil who got stabbed in the brain in a fight and then drove 3 hours on his motorcycle to the hospital? When he got there he wasn't aware of the knife still being in his head because he was so drunk

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Syncopated posted:

did you see the news story about the dude in brazil who got stabbed in the brain in a fight and then drove 3 hours on his motorcycle to the hospital? When he got there he wasn't aware of the knife still being in his head because he was so drunk

when i was a kid i took a nasty fall on a skateboard and had a huuuuuge scrape up my left arm and didn't notice it had happened

i walked all the way home before my mom was like "wow does that hurt?" and i looked and then it hurt

true story

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

and that kid's name??? was me.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
when i was 11 i had a bike accident on my way to a boy scout meeting where i broke my left arm. i walked the rest of the way to the meeting where my dad was waiting for me and i didn't even notice that i also chipped my front teeth until he pointed it out as he was driving me to the hospital

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
y'all should pay more attention

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

it's too loving late now

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

BONGHITZ posted:

it's too loving late now

you say that but have you actually checked?

Rick Ross Ulbricht
Feb 3, 2010

put yourself in the shoes of a prosecutor trying to build a case against you. what evidence could they pin on you? there is nothing on your laptop for them to use, if you obscure your bitcoins propperly, there is no way for them to trace them back to me.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/supercaf/survivalist-handbook-the-guide-to-surviving-the-ap?ref=newest

quote:

The challenges for this book is getting a really great cover design

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/apoptosis/minetest-exposure-project?ref=newest

quote:

Minetest is an free software game inspired by games like infiniminer, and Minecraft, my goal is to bring exposure to this game

its just minecraft

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/472120178/bribe-jesus?ref=newest

quote:

Do you feel guilty? Do you want to get the weight off your shoulders? Are you unable to go to church or don't want to. No problem this free app is for you. Bribe Jesus is a free app you can use to pay off your sins with just a click of a button.

im the $50,000 goal

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lol at the name minetest, thats exactly what youd call the folder for an unfinished thing you made once on an afternoon figuring out how to make a minecraft ripoff

Rick Ross Ulbricht
Feb 3, 2010

put yourself in the shoes of a prosecutor trying to build a case against you. what evidence could they pin on you? there is nothing on your laptop for them to use, if you obscure your bitcoins propperly, there is no way for them to trace them back to me.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2004926375/the-multi-trillion-dollar-dreamtm?ref=newest

doesnt resemble an arcology from sim city 2000, didnt donate

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you
We also believe in the "K.I.S.S." principle here at “Apgar And Sullivan Design™” and “Apgar And Sullivan Development™”.

For those of you that aren't familiar with the "K.I.S.S." principle, it's a term used in the design-build world and stands for "Keep It Simple Stupid".

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Why are all the ellipses 4 periods

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Vicas posted:

Why are all the ellipses 4 periods

4 different period harmonic 24 hour ellipses
rotate simultaneously within a single 4
quadrant rotation of a squared equator
and cubed Kickstarter.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

https://n-dulgenc.es

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Snapchat A Titty posted:

lol at the name minetest, thats exactly what youd call the folder for an unfinished thing you made once on an afternoon figuring out how to make a minecraft ripoff

check out the facebook attached to the account for it lmao

Rick Ross Ulbricht
Feb 3, 2010

DNS lookup failed :confused:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

OhsH posted:

check out the facebook attached to the account for it lmao

page not found

what was it?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

theflyingexecutive posted:

page not found

what was it?

https://www.facebook.com/zachary.munshaw

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the funniest thing on that page: he's a big Train fan

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Alan Smithee posted:

The 100% realistic FPS game

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1111022153/the-100-realistic-fps-game?ref=category

eat your heart out Arma

ORIGINAL GAME DO NOT STEAL

not quite the same thing, but the old quake3 mod Urban Terror had some cool "realistic" features that made a twitch-shooter game more interesting

you could wear kevlar to take less dmg
you could give up kevlar to have more gun and equipment slots
"bandages" were an item that took up a slot
shooting would slowly bleed you out until bandaged

Rick Ross Ulbricht
Feb 3, 2010

:stonklol:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

/in a majorly scoffing way/
its probably not showing up because i dont have facebook

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

pfffffffffffffffff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

goddamnedtwisto posted:

you say that but have you actually checked?

no, i did not check

• Locked thread