Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Never Easy
May 9, 2008
Guys I'm torn on this No Time To Explain game that is on the commercial. On the one hand it looks amazing, but there are a lot of bad reviews on it. What do you all think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

How is it that difficult to switch out consoles? Like, I get it for PC's and arcade boards, those can take a bit just due to cable management, but for consoles it's all plug and play. Did they not have clean access to the TV ports or something?

There's been a bunch of issues with the audio output at least.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

SatansBestBuddy posted:

How is it that difficult to switch out consoles? Like, I get it for PC's and arcade boards, those can take a bit just due to cable management, but for consoles it's all plug and play. Did they not have clean access to the TV ports or something?

Depends how the audio is coming out of each one, if the capture cards freak out, or any number of things (especially with PC). They're working with a bunch of different resolutions and varying audio signals.

At least the vocals have been really good this year and the races have looked pretty decent compared to the crazy filtering last year.

Never Easy posted:

Guys I'm torn on this No Time To Explain game that is on the commercial. On the one hand it looks amazing, but there are a lot of bad reviews on it. What do you all think?

No time to explain, ninjas are on.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Never Easy posted:

Have you ever played a flash game from 2005/2006? That's essentially what No Time to Explain is. It's a frustrating game because it's "physics" rarely ever work. Just a really poorly designed game.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I seem to remember people having a lot of issues getting No Time to Explain to even run although that could be fixed by now.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

god drat I love ninjas

For some reason I thought Shadow of the Ninja was that clunky game made by Eidos, but that was called Ninja: Shadow of Darkness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hus3SHrxEgc

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

Do not even ask posted:

Have you ever played a flash game from 2005/2006? That's essentially what No Time to Explain is. It's a frustrating game because it's "physics" rarely ever work. Just a really poorly designed game.

It's an expanded version of a flash game from a few years ago, so it isn't much of a surprise that it plays exactly like a flash game.
http://www.kongregate.com/games/i_smell/no-time-to-explain

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
did the runner just say charlie is coming after him

did we just see a nam flashback live on stream

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Ninja games done quick.

This reminds me, there was this PS2/PC game iNinja, gotta check if there are speedruns of that...

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
The current reader is I'm pretty sure the only person to not gently caress up the Turtle Beach plug in the entire marathon.

It's all that practice reading gross poo poo for F Plus.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

So what runs were noteworthy between Shovel Knight and Last Ninja? I'm sure most of the Awful block counts, but I heard some Mega Man runs were good.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

RyokoTK posted:

The current reader is I'm pretty sure the only person to not gently caress up the Turtle Beach plug in the entire marathon.

It's all that practice reading gross poo poo for F Plus.

I knew she sounded familiar.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

How do you "speedrun" a pinball table?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Why do they have a model 3 Genesis at all, it's terrible

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

raditts posted:

Get to a target score quickly?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

awe man i missed all of awfulgdq :(

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

raditts posted:

Smash the glass and manually hit all the score points as fast as possible

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
So what went wrong this time?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

raditts posted:

By being good at it.

A lot of tables have ultimate modes which is the final goal before the whole thing loops back to the original settings.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Tip the table over at start to tilt for a low% bad ending run.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

:regd10:

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Why aren't they playing music between games anymore?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

who?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Pretty excited about all this heavy nasal breathing on mic.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I'm surprised that they don't have a rotating set up. One side of the "behind the screens" area plays for the stream while the other side sets up the next system that will be needed.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I'm excited for the upcoming Shinobi. I miss those games.
Actually I've noticed that a lot of this AGDQ just has me going "Wow, I miss X".

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Tracula posted:

So what went wrong this time?

No sound again.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Random Stranger posted:

I'm surprised that they don't have a rotating set up. One side of the "behind the screens" area plays for the stream while the other side sets up the next system that will be needed.

I'm under the impression that hooking poo poo up to a stream setup is where most of the technical difficulties occur, not the actual games.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

that horse is divekicking

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Random Stranger posted:

I am pretty sure the marathon has a very strict "don't touch poo poo during a run" policy.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

RyokoTK posted:

I am pretty sure the marathon has a very strict "don't touch poo poo during a run" policy.

I think he means two separate stations. One station is prepping while the other is playing; when the running set finishes, you switch inputs to the other system and go.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Blockhouse posted:

did the runner just say charlie is coming after him

did we just see a nam flashback live on stream

In some places of the world, Charlie is a man's first name.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Sire Oblivion posted:

Last minute shirt design!? :dance:

Just an update: this is happening.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Cool Buff Man posted:

In some places of the world, Charlie is a man's first name.

bullshit

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

zari-gani posted:

This is the best thing.

El Golden Goose
Jul 23, 2007

zari-gani posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Isn't there a Shinobi game where you fight not-Batman and not-Spiderman?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

weekly font posted:

Isn't there a Shinobi game where you fight not-Batman and not-Spiderman?

Yeah, Revenge of the Shinobi. Apparently the game has about four different revisions to modify those boss sprites so they look less like those characters overtime.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

A surfboarding ninja?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

i appreciate that

• Locked thread