Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

BizarroAzrael posted:

I really hope the mana works for Mardu Warriors, they seem to want B or W t1, BW
T2 and 2R T3.

From what I've played, there's too much pain going around and you hope you can race your opponent. Marsh Flats/Arid Mesa would sure be nice in the deck to somewhat offset that pain. Brutal Hordechief looks like it'll be a nice way to gain some of that life back, though.

I think the biggest problem will be figuring out what creatures stay or go. Butcher of the Horde may get reduced in number or removed outright to accommodate Brutal Hordechief and Alesha. I'm thinking Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury will be a great finisher that works well with your remaining warriors since you can dash it out and everybody gets bigger for that final swing. And the rest of the set hasn't been spoiled yet so who knows what other creatures would be a good fit in the deck.

Also wondering if four maindeck Valorous Stances will be a thing in the deck since it's a way to protect some of your creatures or take out those Coursers/Rhinos that are in the way.

Mercury Crusader fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jan 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
The rules update for a new set usually comes the Wednesday before the prerelease, right? Or does it coincide with the visual spoiler?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Cernunnos posted:

Yeah a pair of Sorins will do a good amount of work too.

Your pair of Sorins still doesn't beat Pocket Jaces.

Oh wait, I forgot, they made the world's first bad Jace.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

I have held off buying a play mat for so long now.

However if I can't get a Mardu Scout playmat I'm going to be incredibly upset

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Whoa, nice av Zoness.

Uh magic-related content here.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

When do they usually reveal the location of a GP prior to the event and open pre-registrations? Looking for something for GP Liverpool and I only see announcements.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Samael posted:

When do they usually reveal the location of a GP prior to the event and open pre-registrations? Looking for something for GP Liverpool and I only see announcements.

It's at ACC Liverpool, just at Kings Dock. this was confirmed last week.

e: pre-reg goes up "soon" at https://www.gpliverpool.com

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

mehall posted:

It's at ACC Liverpool, just at Kings Dock. this was confirmed last week.

e: pre-reg goes up "soon" at https://www.gpliverpool.com

Thanks so much for the info!

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

tirinal posted:

Meh. Conditional 7 drops aren't the greatest thing, but it will be alright in limited.

Lmao did they let Travis Woo design a card. This is the goofiest thing.

E: Im gonna try and make a stupid manaless dredge deck with this as the win condition

Im going to play this card and every time it enters the battlefield Im gonna say SURFS UP DUDE

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jan 9, 2015

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Lmao did they let Travis Woo design a card. This is the goofiest thing.

E: Im gonna try and make a stupid manaless dredge deck with this as the win condition

How would you cast it

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Zoness posted:

How would you cast it

breakfast burrito style?

hey bread this card costs mana

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Mercury Crusader posted:

From what I've played, there's too much pain going around and you hope you can race your opponent. Marsh Flats/Arid Mesa would sure be nice in the deck to somewhat offset that pain. Brutal Hordechief looks like it'll be a nice way to gain some of that life back, though.

I think the biggest problem will be figuring out what creatures stay or go. Butcher of the Horde may get reduced in number or removed outright to accommodate Brutal Hordechief and Alesha. I'm thinking Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury will be a great finisher that works well with your remaining warriors since you can dash it out and everybody gets bigger for that final swing. And the rest of the set hasn't been spoiled yet so who knows what other creatures would be a good fit in the deck.

Also wondering if four maindeck Valorous Stances will be a thing in the deck since it's a way to protect some of your creatures or take out those Coursers/Rhinos that are in the way.

I think there are a few ways to steal back life now, I'm actually thinking of trying that BW life steal spell. Also Brutal Hordechief. And Seeker is a warrior, and I think there will be enough non-creatures for that.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Zoness posted:

How would you cast it

I faced this problem once in Tribal Apocalypse, back when they let people get extra prizes for winning in weird ways with Manaless Dredge. I believe the most efficient answer involves reanimating Necrotic Ooze with the following cards in your graveyard:

Morselhoarder
Cinderhaze Wretch
Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed

Hell, if you're in a weird mood, you could fit this into a Breakfast Burrito shell by removing only 2 of your mana sources. The win condition would be Undercity Informer.

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
One of my buddies asked me to make some tokens and proxies for em'. I'm no Terese Nielsen, but thought ya'll might enjoy them as well.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Zoness posted:

How would you cast it

I have no idea

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Chamale posted:

I faced this problem once in Tribal Apocalypse, back when they let people get extra prizes for winning in weird ways with Manaless Dredge. I believe the most efficient answer involves reanimating Necrotic Ooze with the following cards in your graveyard:

Morselhoarder
Cinderhaze Wretch
Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed

Hell, if you're in a weird mood, you could fit this into a Breakfast Burrito shell by removing only 2 of your mana sources. The win condition would be Undercity Informer.

oh uh i guess this is how i would do that

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Chamale posted:

Morselhoarder
Cinderhaze Wretch
Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed

That's super neat, does the Xiahou ability exist for other colors too? (Is that too hard to find out, I know there's quite a few cards out there :p)

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Will this work in Boss Sligh? Probably not but I'm gonna try it anyway, this guy is loving awesome

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Will this work in Boss Sligh? Probably not but I'm gonna try it anyway, this guy is loving awesome

Not better than any number of other guys, I think.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
:allears: Goblins get some of the greatest art in the game.

New page edit:

EatinCake posted:

One of my buddies asked me to make some tokens and proxies for em'. I'm no Terese Nielsen, but thought ya'll might enjoy them as well.

These are amazing. You should do zombie and HQ insect next so that I could print them use them tomorrow at FNM.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

EatinCake posted:

These look like ittle dew/card city nights art

that's really cool though

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Angry Grimace posted:

Not better than any number of other guys, I think.

Maybe I'm underestimating this guy, I think a split card of Spark Elemental with buyback or a 2 mana 3/1 is very good, especially in red.

Ebethron
Apr 27, 2008

"I hear the coast is nice this time of year."
"If you're in the right business, it's nice all the year."

Elyv posted:

Maybe I'm underestimating this guy, I think a split card of Spark Elemental with buyback or a 2 mana 3/1 is very good, especially in red.

It struck me as being similar to Hellspark Elemental, but maybe my evaluation is off.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father

Ebethron posted:

It struck me as being similar to Hellspark Elemental, but maybe my evaluation is off.

Sounds reasonable. Where it lacks trample it makes up for it in greater possible recursion and a threat which doesn't hurt your card advantage. I like it, although hell spark elemental has lost its place to better red cards in modern at the moment.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
T1 glitterfang
T2 goblin surfer dude
T3 viashino sandstalker
T4+ archwing dragon

Eat poo poo sorcery speed removal spells

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008

Yawgmoth posted:

:allears: Goblins get some of the greatest art in the game.

New page edit:
These are amazing. You should do zombie and HQ insect next so that I could print them use them tomorrow at FNM.
Thanks!

I already these for him, so sure.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Elyv posted:

I think the card could be okay in the right metagame, but the lack of Trample is HUGE, and it's currently not Standard playable given how many 1/1 tokens are currently being played.

You're going to feel so lovely if you spend your T2 Dashing this into an empty board, only to have your opponent respond with Raise the Alarm, and end up half a card ahead + blanking your T2. If it had Trample, maybe. But without it, it's just not worth playing.

qbert fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jan 8, 2015

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

forbidden lesbian posted:

That's super neat, does the Xiahou ability exist for other colors too? (Is that too hard to find out, I know there's quite a few cards out there :p)

Not exactly, but if you want to be casting stuff out of your graveyard with Necrotic Ooze you can use Nyx Weaver instead. Or you could have Dralnu, Lich Lord and Boros Guildmage in your graveyard to flash back any instant or sorcery. Magic becomes a very different game when you're trying to win with some specific weird card.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Necrotic Ooze lets you do weird things.

"I don't really care what's in my hand anymore. All I care about is what I can put into my Graveyard to make my slimy buddy do stupid poo poo."

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

I'm not that sorry.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Chamale posted:

Not exactly, but if you want to be casting stuff out of your graveyard with Necrotic Ooze you can use Nyx Weaver instead. Or you could have Dralnu, Lich Lord and Boros Guildmage in your graveyard to flash back any instant or sorcery. Magic becomes a very different game when you're trying to win with some specific weird card.

If Necrotic Ooze gains "1BG, Exile Nyx Weaver: . . ." I assume it still works since "Nyx Weaver" is usually short hand for "this card," right?

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

yup

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

I'm not that sorry.

Already shamelessly making proxies with these and I haven't even touched standard in a year now.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Chamale posted:

On the one hand Nyx Weaver is a cool card that I personally love, but man I kinda like how good and janky it feels to use Xiahou instead for the combo.

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

I'm not that sorry.

I love this

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

You can just do something else T2 if they have RtA mana open. If they don't then you'll usually get to punch them in the face for 5 without spending any cards or over committing to the board. It's still bad against tokens but I could imagine it working against decks where you can negate blockers, maybe.

e: OK I just want to find an excuse to run Surfing Goblin

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I don't hate it with the fury of a thousand suns or anything, but I can't be the only one who isn't terribly excited about Manifest in limited. Then again, I was pretty "meh" about morph coming back too.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

I'm not that sorry.
Gonna get one of my friends who does alters to do this to every single copy I get.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

It feels like it's going to be super advantageous for people who have Khans memorized. For morphs we had the >=CMC guideline for creatures and now it's going to be much less straightforward.

Interesting times ahead, in any case!

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

EatinCake posted:

these are great; any chance I could get a high res version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wicked Wall
Aug 24, 2012

I guess the aphorism
"I think, therefore I am" brings little comfort in this case.
Really glad Boss Sligh/the slightly slower versions with Rabblemaster are getting some toys to play with; I'm far more excited at the prospect of a red devotion deck though, or a semi-sligh deck that uses Arcbond to suicidally boardwipe midrange decks.

• Locked thread