Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

STAC Goat posted:

You guys are convincing me not to waste $50 on a new game and instead just plug my PS2 or N64 in and play No Mercy or HCTP.

No Mercy was an awesome game, the career mode / story mode was pretty cool. I remember all sorts of cool stuff happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

VoLaTiLe posted:

No Mercy was an awesome game, the career mode / story mode was pretty cool. I remember all sorts of cool stuff happening.

It was cool but have you forgotten about all the handicap hardcore matches backstage?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Really wish I had saved those 300 credits for RTG. Having 15 extra matches would help a lot.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

triplexpac posted:

It was cool but have you forgotten about all the handicap hardcore matches backstage?

The Vince/Shane and Triple H/X-Pac handicap matches still make me angry. At least with the hardcore ones you could run away and taunt to build meter.

GB888
Jan 28, 2004

The GB stands for "Great Boobs".
More stuff for WWE Immortals!

Bog How

The Rock

Brockle Snar

John Cena

Triple H

Roman Reigns

Sheamus

Does anyone know what kind of game Immortals is supposed to be?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I want it to be a never ending franchise. It's hilarious.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

GB888 posted:

More stuff for WWE Immortals!

Bog How

The Rock

Brockle Snar

John Cena

Triple H

Roman Reigns

Sheamus

Can't wait for warlock Bray, lich Undertaker, and drow AJ.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Goddammit, I thought it was coming out on the consoles. It's being made by the same team that did Injustice: Gods Among Us and that got me really excited. Instead it's just an iOS/Android game.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Dont knock the mobile version of Injustice. It was pretty good.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

It was more entertaining than the main version at least.

I really want to play some sort of bizarre action RPG or ANYTHING with these character designs. They're way too "Good" to just use for a mobile game.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Yes let's draw a full helmet on the famously pretty, dreamy-haired Roman Reigns

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

interesting choice to manifest all of Roman's metaphorical plot armor

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Also, he's a ROMAN centurion, geddit? Because his name is Roman. It's a pun, you stupid marks!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I like how HHH is just Mania 23 HHH.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Why is The Rock a Greentista pallet swap?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
And trust Cena to show up as literally Superman when everyone else is going for a fantasy/medievil motif.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
2k is officially the worst.. next week they'll be releasing their moves DLC pack which is $3.99 and not part of the season pass which means that they will have released 2 extra DLC packs without giving the people who paid for the season pass any of the stuff they paid for.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Bhester posted:

2k is officially the worst.. next week they'll be releasing their moves DLC pack which is $3.99 and not part of the season pass which means that they will have released 2 extra DLC packs without giving the people who paid for the season pass any of the stuff they paid for.

They announced this all ahead of time. There should be one more non season pass of wrestlers. If they are stalling on season pass DLC because they think people will pick it up later then it is stupid.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Really the term "Season Pass" for DLC needs to go away, because it is almost never implemented in the way that the name implies.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Yeah I've been burned way too many times on a season pass. Typically by the time it's all the way out, it's already on sale. There was no reason to buy the season pass right when the game came out.

I wouldn't be surprised if the NXT pack comes out before the first Showcase DLC too.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

smashpro1 posted:

Really wish I had saved those 300 credits for RTG. Having 15 extra matches would help a lot.

Better to spend on Title Matches. For the price of refilling 5 bouts (potential score of 25) you can purchase 12 title matches (potential score value of 60).

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Fumaofthelake posted:

Better to spend on Title Matches. For the price of refilling 5 bouts (potential score of 25) you can purchase 12 title matches (potential score value of 60).

Yeah I'm enjoying using the title matches to burn through the lower ranks

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

GB888 posted:

it's a mobile fighting game. you can play the mobile version of injustice: gods among us for free, it's by the same developer and probably a good example of what this game will be

i'd be all over it if it were a real console/pc fighting game but i can't really care about a mobile one

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I'm still playing 2K14, but the only thing I play is the Universe mode with my brands of original CAWs. I don't play as anyone real in the game anymore. And it's so much more fun for me that way.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Davros1 posted:

I'm still playing 2K14, but the only thing I play is the Universe mode with my brands of original CAWs. I don't play as anyone real in the game anymore. And it's so much more fun for me that way.

That's how I always played it, but I found the AI booking too repetitive and didn't want to have to go in and manually book stuff. If they would have just figured out a way to make feuds using cutscenes and not repeating matches over and over it would have been great.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Niwrad posted:

Is the Universe Mode in 2k15 any better than it was? Like is there some decent booking and variety in matches?
feud booking is better, or at least you're not facing the same dude week after week and they incorporate stables / allies, and they usually save the more tedious grudge matches for PPVs. Sometimes a submission match on a random RAW makes no sense! There's also some continuity programming with automatic feud booking, so if the title is dropped there will be a rematch feud, etc.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
In the middle of UR tier now; wondering if I should spend my last 100 credits on title matches, or save them for the future.

Also: finally got another Legendary draw--and it's a support card! Hooray!

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

I Before E posted:

Fire Pro Wrestling Returns with the appropriate CAW set.

Hmm, doesn't look like it's available in Europe. Annoying.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

smashpro1 posted:

Yeah I blew them on extra picks as soon as i got them. In retrospect they would have been way more valuable as extra matches or title matches.

Ah well. Live and learn. I'm halfway through SR Undertaker and I've only lost one match so far so I'm feeling good that I'm might be able to nab my first Epic card or maybe even Legendary if I grind.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Genericide posted:

Hmm, doesn't look like it's available in Europe. Annoying.

Making a different region account on a PS3 is trivial.

Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS
So yeah, someone already has RTG Pro Roman. It's insane.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I realize this thread is pretty dead without it but I wish the phone games that are terrible and I don't care about at all had their own thread.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
If you took the Supercard posts out of this thread there would be nothing happening. Supercard rules.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I realize this thread is pretty dead without it but I wish the phone games that are terrible and I don't care about at all had their own thread.

I sympathize but try to appreciate the aesthetics of the cards. Regardless of the game they are in, most of them are very pretty

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Demp posted:

THQ must have been told to make Roman look strong.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Demp posted:

How do people even get these before it's over? Do they just plop out of exhibition?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Why cookie Rocket posted:

How do people even get these before it's over? Do they just plop out of exhibition?

You get your RTG cards as soon as you finish their tier

Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Apparently dude spent like $30 on bouts and title matches and brute forced his way to the end.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

You get your RTG cards as soon as you finish their tier

You sure do. I am a dummy. Sorry all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Demp posted:

Apparently dude spent like $30 on bouts and title matches and brute forced his way to the end.

Seems crazy to spend that much (I'd imagine $30 is a very low estimate) on additional bouts now when he has like 3 more days of free fights and there's nothing to do afterwards. Prestige of being the first, I guess?