Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

And did the "So this is youth..." line as well. AND he's the most likely to stay single at 35+.

Ramba Ral is happily married. :colbert:

Well, okay, not married but only because of weird political bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Man I wish we'd gotten a Ms. Crowley.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

Man I wish we'd gotten a Ms. Crowley.

I believe the issue is that her voice actress is retired.

Ramba and Hamon were recast for The Origin but it'd sort of defeat the joke to use the new actors.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

I believe the issue is that her voice actress is retired.

Ramba and Hamon were recast for The Origin but it'd sort of defeat the joke to use the new actors.

I guess if they'd known they were going to recast Ral at the outset of this season they could have introduced Crowley too.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Midjack posted:

I guess if they'd known they were going to recast Ral at the outset of this season they could have introduced Crowley too.

I suspect if they'd know we'd have Mr. Mash and his two friends or something instead. I feel like they've written Ramba Ral was into the background compared to the first 5 episodes or so though. :smith:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I suspect if they'd know we'd have Mr. Mash and his two friends or something instead. I feel like they've written Ramba Ral was into the background compared to the first 5 episodes or so though. :smith:

Well, the meijin has to some extent taken on some Ral duties, and I cannot complain about that at all. Sorry Mr. Ral.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

As a note, a possible explanation for the recent episodes:

Yousuke Kuroda was credited as actual doing the writing for the recent episodes. Prior to that it was just series composition. So that may explain why the writing has been more on-point.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

So is the Build Burning going to get magnetic coating now?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
It's getting more clear pieces.

In ten years, the Build Burning will just be a v-fin on a clear blue Gundam.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
no that's the special plavsky particle vresion they'll release in a few months

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

That one was red!

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Cao Ni Ma posted:

And did the "So this is youth..." line as well. AND he's the most likely to stay single at 35+.

It is entirely possible that not-Reiji ends up with not-Aila in the end and the childhood friends end up together.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Eej posted:

It is entirely possible that not-Reiji ends up with not-Aila in the end and the childhood friends end up together.

Are you saying the itchy butt is wrong?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Are you saying the itchy butt is wrong?

The message of GBF Try will be that Newtypes those with itchy butts cannot single-handedly build the future.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

Eej posted:

But what about Gyanko :smith:

This episode was great. Hit all the right notes that I felt a lot of Try has been missing so far. Also Sugita in a gundam. :allears:

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
Ep 13 summary:

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
You forgot two things:

:allears:

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Stupid question, but what was the suit that was fighting Transient other than the unfortunate Matsunaga Zaku?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MJP posted:

Stupid question, but what was the suit that was fighting Transient other than the unfortunate Matsunaga Zaku?

It's the Cherudim Gundam, the season-2 upgrade to the Dynames from Gundam 00.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Speaking of 00 designs does anyone have the preliminary screenshots of the movie gundams before the designs were finalized? the zabanya was way cooler then

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

muike posted:

Speaking of 00 designs does anyone have the preliminary screenshots of the movie gundams before the designs were finalized? the zabanya was way cooler then

00Q and Harute (Couldn't find any lineart)

Zabanya:

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Thank's

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Please god let Sekai's new move be called hou-yoku-tensho.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I think we can all agree that the best part of the episode was Meijin yelling "GO!" when he drove off.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

KoB posted:

I think we can all agree that the best part of the episode was Meijin yelling "GO!" when he drove off.

I came here to say this. The only problem with that scene is that Meijin wasn't wearing his sunglasses under the helmet again.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

KoB posted:

Yuuki lives the life I want to live.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

KoB posted:

As usual. Have fun and rage on!

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

KoB posted:

Nah, the best part of the episode was Fumina's epic freakout over Shia and Sekai.

bondster
May 6, 2007

I think the best part was after Sekai blew up the moon, the system recognized it and switched over to a sunrise. Looks like the moon gets blown up a lot in GBF :haw:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

bondster posted:

I think the best part was after Sekai blew up the moon, the system recognized it and switched over to a sunrise. Looks like the moon gets blown up a lot in GBF :haw:

Given the Satellite cannon it actually sort of makes sense that the moon should be a viable target to remove something like that from play.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

Given the Satellite cannon it actually sort of makes sense that the moon should be a viable target to remove something like that from play.

Not even the Twin Satellite Cannon or the Twin Buster Rifle should have the firepower to even dent the moon, so thats just silly.

And therefore Im ok with it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm really curious to find out what Karima's gimmick is. We know he's mobile armor guy, but we haven't seen any teammates. Maybe he uses a 3 person mobile armor alone? Also, given that he was using a Cherudim maybe the GN arms from 00 are counted as a mobile armor? Otherwise it seems like a particularly odd choice even given that he was sandbagging.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

KoB posted:

Not even the Twin Satellite Cannon or the Twin Buster Rifle should have the firepower to even dent the moon, so thats just silly.

We know for a fact that the Qan(T) can cut moon-sized objects in half, and then there's all the weird poo poo that the Turns can get up to if you use 'em right.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

KoB posted:

You've also got Lady in the sidecar.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

chumbler posted:

I'm really curious to find out what Karima's gimmick is. We know he's mobile armor guy, but we haven't seen any teammates. Maybe he uses a 3 person mobile armor alone? Also, given that he was using a Cherudim maybe the GN arms from 00 are counted as a mobile armor? Otherwise it seems like a particularly odd choice even given that he was sandbagging.

Cherudim is a popular design and Karima's voice actor has wanted to voice a character piloting a Gundam for a really long time, so it doesn't necessarily mean his mobile armor is Cherudim-based.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

CaptainRat posted:

I came here to say this. The only problem with that scene is that Meijin wasn't wearing his sunglasses under the helmet again.

I half expected and was slightly disappointed he did not put his glasses on before dropping the helmet visor, still great for the Go!

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

KoB posted:

Well, if they start emulating Black History Turn-A...

There may be hope yet for ∀mazing Gundam. :ssh:

Either that or some rear end in a top hat with one of those ridiculously overpowered Phoenix Gundam variants shows up.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
So I'm going to ask what we're all wondering:

Has our lord and savior Meijin Kawaguchi elevated the thread to six times the passion of the ordinary gunpla yet?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

We have to wait and see what a post MEIJIN KAWAGUCHI show is like first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zwingley posted:

So I'm going to ask what we're all wondering:

Has our lord and savior Meijin Kawaguchi elevated the thread to six times the passion of the ordinary gunpla yet?

Not really. If anything, this season's been only 1/6th the passion of BF's love of gunpla :sigh:.

chumbler posted:

I really doubt it. If that was the case, the Cherudim would be a custom variant in of itself to tease the full GN-Arms-equipped version. And the three-man team's a hard-set rule of the competition, so they're gonna turn up eventually.

• Locked thread