Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

PleasingFungus posted:

ps new forums search rocks

:monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

When it comes to a forums-search tool, I have needs, and, well... let's just say, in this case, they were certainly suited.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

PleasingFungus posted:

I found the post

hi sagebrush

jesus loving christ sagebrush

i hope he was just having a bad day or something

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

wesley snypes posted:

in the fantasy series "a song of ice and fire", series protagonist eddard stark says that the man who passes the sentence should be the one who swings the sword (though obviously we dont use swords nowadays, LOL). i think thats an insanely poetic and fair way to kill another human being, and im not sure why these backwards southern states dont follow this ideal.

lol

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

PleasingFungus posted:

When it comes to a forums-search tool, I have needs, and, well... let's just say, in this case, they were certainly suited.

i'm psyched, partly because the searching will be useful, but mostly because i like to see the forums improve :3:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

having never seen these before, i highly recommend clicking those quotes and reading the ensuing discussion

Sagebrush posted:

i bet you are a lot of fun at parties.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

posting in the new YOSPOS hell dump thread

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

lol @ posting an actual photo on the forums

just lol forever

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

PleasingFungus posted:

I found the post

hi sagebrush

He really is the worst kind of know-it-all.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Citizen Tayne posted:

its u! lol

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Citizen Tayne posted:

no, the worst kind is the Pittsburgh-it-all

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

hobbesmaster posted:

no, the worst kind is the Pittsburgh-it-all

I'm a giant act intended to be maximally antagonistic. I'm pretty sure he's sincere.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Citizen Tayne posted:

I'm a giant act intended to be maximally antagonistic. I'm pretty sure he's sincere.

tori I love u as much as I h8 u

txt me

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Citizen Tayne posted:

I'm a giant act intended to be maximally antagonistic.

this is nice to hear; sometimes you really do seem like a big jerk

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Citizen Tayne posted:

i could certainly believe this

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

prefect posted:

he's changed gimmicks a few times so yeah

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

is https://www.social-matic.com/ tech bubbley or just a bad idea from a failing company to desperately try to remain relevant?

could be both I guess

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

hahaha we have a guest speaker talking about mobile payments and he spent like 5 minutes talking about how dumb mcx/currentc is

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

prefect posted:

i would appreciate it if it was easier to tell when he was doing this because sincere tori posting is pretty good but other tori posting is a big jerk

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

24-7 Urkel Cosplay posted:

i would appreciate it if it was easier to tell when he was doing this because sincere tori posting is pretty good but other tori posting is a big jerk

I'm very selective with who I mock and insult.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Munkeymon posted:

is https://www.social-matic.com/ tech bubbley or just a bad idea from a failing company to desperately try to remain relevant?

could be both I guess

polaroid went bankrupt and got liquidated five or six years ago

now the brand is worth so little that pissant hardware startups can license the name for nonsense products

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i can't decide what to c/p help

Be Square.

Changing the way your camera
handles, feels and looks. Bringing you a
completely new experience.

Forget your old camera.
This is Polaroid Socialmatic.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

it's square. square is different. buy it

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

qr codes

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

As a Millennial I posted:

Polaroid Socialmatic.

:staredog:

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

"we can't come up with a name for our bleeding-edge brand-new social media company so we'll take the name of a decades-old company that failed."

brilliant. way to convince your base that you're fresh, new and successful, than to license the name of an old, failed company

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Bubble status: bubble as gently caress

Pitching to investors: duplicate device with less capability (smartphone), single purpose form, replicating the service of an entrenched competitor (Instagram), leaning on features which require market saturation such that two device havers cross each other on the street.

Where else except a bubble would these people not be thrown the gently caress out of the office for wasting your time.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

but... it also prints ur photo out on a postage stamp

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Maluco Marinero posted:

leaning on features which require market saturation such that two device havers cross each other on the street.

Sounds like all of the people I saw in front of this electronics tower in Tokyo all playing Nintendo Street Pass poo poo.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

oh hey I just found the specs page

they claim the battery lasts half a day and the thing weighs almost a pound

so I'mma guess battery life is about six hours max

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

so you get 77 pictures out of one roll of this paper and it costs $25 https://www.zink.com/content/2-inch-zroll%99-%96-single

anyone know what it costs to get decent prints in not business card size from a photo department? haven't had cause to think about that in 10+ years lol

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

29 cents per from the local professional photo place.

9 cents per if you don't give a poo poo about color accuracy and go to Walmart.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

hobbesmaster posted:

he's changed gimmicks a few times so yeah

remember that time some gently caress off huge android phone made him break his gimmick

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

qirex posted:

hahaha we have a guest speaker talking about mobile payments and he spent like 5 minutes talking about how dumb mcx/currentc is

anything specific about the technical implementation or just the fact that it's kinda :downs: in general?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

FormatAmerica posted:

anything specific about the technical implementation or just the fact that it's kinda :downs: in general?

basically his take was that from a user experience perspective qr codes are dead now that there's nfc

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

qirex posted:

basically his take was that from a user experience perspective qr codes are dead now that there's nfc

eeyah no I'm not going to nfc random poo poo even more than I'm not going to scan a random QR code

or was that just re: payment systems? did some clownshoe payment system use QR codes?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Munkeymon posted:

or was that just re: payment systems? did some clownshoe payment system use QR codes?

mcx/currentc the apple pay "competitor" backed by a consortium of credit card companies

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Munkeymon posted:

eeyah no I'm not going to nfc random poo poo even more than I'm not going to scan a random QR code

bitcoin :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Munkeymon posted:

by NFC he was mainly referring to apple pay and other tokenized solutions, he specifically called out Google wallet and PayPal as failures

some people seemed disappointed when he explained why android can't have an easy equivalent to apple pay

• Locked thread