Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Ka0 posted:

I bought Simon the boxer's Destiny gundam.

Should I snap-build it?

Might as well, and make sure it's in boxing pose because it sure is fun getting it to pose with the Arondight. :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Anyway, I've finally cracked and I'm trying to hunt down an afforable MG The O. It's not going well :smith:

Seriously considering MG Ball now too though.
If you can't find The O PM me, I have one untouched in the box.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Ka0 posted:

I bought Simon the boxer's Destiny gundam.

Should I snap-build it?

You should get your money back and invest it into a good Destiny model kit. :v:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Midjack posted:

If you can't find The O PM me, I have one untouched in the box.

I wish I had checked this thread first, because I just bought a HG The O, because I couldn't find MG at an affordable price :smith:

At least, due to it's massiveness, it's practically the size of a normal MG.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Was the impulse destiny a HG kit?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I wish I had checked this thread first, because I just bought a HG The O, because I couldn't find MG at an affordable price :smith:

At least, due to it's massiveness, it's practically the size of a normal MG.

The HG is supposed to be better anyway, so you did OK.

For anyone though - if there's something you're having a tough time finding check with me before you pay a crazy price on ebay or something. I have a giant hoard, and though I'm not actively trying to liquidate it I'm open to selling kits to people who will actually, you know, BUILD them.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
If that's the case, you got MG GP01 Fb or GP02A?

Ka0 posted:

Was the impulse destiny a HG kit?

MG web exclusive.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

I have an MG GP01 Fb with the shiny metal finish. No GP02.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

BlitzBlast posted:

MG web exclusive.

i was mad, and also madder that it wasn't even the right destiny impulse that i wanted.

anyway, amazing red warrior is out now, even though i thought it came out on saturday.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

BlitzBlast posted:

Midjack posted:

I have an MG GP01 Fb with the shiny metal finish. No GP02.

I see I'm not the only one on the look out for a GP02 that doesn't look shady or overpriced.

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

Fauxtool posted:

It looks like Kotobukiya probably saw the sales for AGP toys and decided to throw away their dignity for unlimited nerd money
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-009639&page=top

Frame Arms Girl, or FAG
With no anime tie in im not sure how successful they will be.

Oh God. I'm hardly surprised, but still....

Zedd posted:

I can only hope, that Transcient gundam is Tekkaman and I will own it.

I hope you realise that a Tekkaman kit already exists? I own it.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

runwiled posted:

Oh God. I'm hardly surprised, but still....

I did not. :stare:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Tekkaman was so sweet back in the 90s, but when I tried to watch it again there was too much "WHEN TEKKAMAN USES HIS CRYSTAL HE BECOMES TEKKAMAN BLADE!". Literally every single time he transforms. Also the show was cancelled half way on tv so it ends with him just giving up.

Cancelled in American, the show ends as he travels to the moon to kill Dr. Claw and normal happy japanese ending after that.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jan 8, 2015

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I have no doubt the show is actually awful, look at gundam Wing all these years later :v:

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Oonts oonts oonts oonts

"you will never get this planet as long as I'm here to defend it"

oonts oonts oonts oonts.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

So, apparently whatever the new HG is, it comes on 11 runners.

:stare:

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

That is probably a lot of small different colored pieces, ~4 per runner.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
Yeah, I think the G-Arcane actually has the same number of runners. :v:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

That is probably the Transient Gundam. It comes with a big fuckoff lance.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TARDISman posted:

That is probably the Transient Gundam. It comes with a big fuckoff lance.

And if the Lance is going to be a weapon set as well, they'll have isolated it to its own runners.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

TaurusOxford posted:

You should get your money back and invest it into a good Destiny model kit. :v:

There is no bad Destiny :colbert:.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

RD Virsago Chest Break is $22 on Amazon right now. I'd get it, but thankfully my scale OCD has stopped me from getting anything non Late UC.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.
So I kind of screwed up my reverse wash on my Kshatriya and need to strip some enamel off since it's got some unsightly bubble in it. Whats the best way to go about this without ruining the pieces? My other ones turned out halfway decent, not as great as I hoped but still pretty decent for a first attempt. Thanks for your help!

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Get some mineral spirits and go to town on it.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Honest Ray posted:

So I kind of screwed up my reverse wash on my Kshatriya and need to strip some enamel off since it's got some unsightly bubble in it. Whats the best way to go about this without ruining the pieces? My other ones turned out halfway decent, not as great as I hoped but still pretty decent for a first attempt. Thanks for your help!

Just put some enamel thinner on a q-tip and be gentle. try to scrub only the affected areas. The built up paint should wash away first, since it's not bound to the primer/base paint layer.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

runwiled posted:

And all the good ones are over 70 bucks.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

After playing with it too much, a lot of the more intricate mechanisms on my MG GX are now broken. :negative:

Superglue and plastic cement can only go so far when you're dealing with small, fragile joints, so I think I'll just grab another MG X someday (gonna wait a bit for X Divider first) and turn this one and the 1/100 DX I used for welding practice into Jamil's wrecked GX and the DX post-series. Soldering irons turned out to be a lot cheaper than I thought too, so maybe I'll use this for some practice in non-lovely weathering.

...Right after I get through the GPs and all my other X kits of course. So next year. :sigh:

EDIT: Also the biggest annoyance with resin kits is sawing through pour tabs. Aaaaaah it takes forever.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jan 9, 2015

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
I haven't built my GX yet, what needs looking out for?

Also:

Honest Ray posted:

Paint thinner should never be used for stripping paint from plastic and mineral spirits are not advised either. Article here that specifies some plastic-safe stripping solutions. I prefer to use Easy Lift-Off, which is formulated for plastic and very effective — one can will last you drat near forever.

Tip for repainting: pure white paint is not very opaque. Hit those parts with a light grey primer first and you won't need to drown them in white.

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel
I kind of want to get another GX too, as my original one is in another country.

But definitely in that "Wait to see how they handle the Divider" boat first.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Bimmi posted:

I haven't built my GX yet, what needs looking out for?

Mostly just the transforming bits. The gun's scope snapped off after a couple of shifts, and the small arm connecting the solar panels to the backpack broke after I pushed it a little too hard. I also had one of the solar panel's inner frames somehow twist out of shape, still don't know how I did that.

And personally I haven't run into any issues just wiping stuff away with a q-tip soaked in mineral spirits, but I guess if you dunked the piece in there for too long it could get troublesome.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
I assume that once those clear panels on the solar array are snapped in there they're in there for good?

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

Blackchamber posted:

And all the good ones are over 70 bucks.

Well that sucks. I got mine dirt cheap when I accidentally stumbled across a comic shop's online store when they were clearing out all their crap and they had Tekkaman Blade and Tekkaman Sol, so I got both. This was years ago when I was still a student, I couldn't properly paint them or anything, which is a shame because I figured they'd get rare and expensive.

I'd still want a newer kit though, one with modern manufacturing techniques and hopefully a higher 'grade'.

Also the series is alright if you watch the Japanese version. It's melodramatic as gently caress but very enjoyable. Never, ever EVER watch the second series that came out years later. Just....don't.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Bimmi posted:

I assume that once those clear panels on the solar array are snapped in there they're in there for good?

Yeah, they're not going anywhere (normally). My Gundam X has been on the shelf for half a year or so and I haven't noticed them moving or anything.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
The 1999.co.jp wishlist alerter for Godhand SPN-120s came in at 4:31 AM Eastern US time. It was sold out by 7:30 AM.

O_O

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
At the risk of sounding dumb, what makes the Godhand snipping tool so much better than a quality Tamiya snipper?

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Kibner posted:

At the risk of sounding dumb, what makes the Godhand snipping tool so much better than a quality Tamiya snipper?

Supposedly it's really, really, REALLY sharpened nicely. Also it's only one actual cutting edge, IIRC, rather than two, so it cleanly slices through from one direction rather than two cutting edges meeting in the middle.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Honest Ray posted:

Finally my area of expertise, paint stripping! The product you want is Super Clean engine degreaser, easily bought to Wal-Mart, or any auto parts supply store.

The proof is in the pudding.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Kibner posted:

Yeah I dunno how much is hype, but I've read that it cuts so cleanly that it greatly reduces having to go back and clean up nubs. For people who want to go from cut and trim with exacto knife to just cut and move on.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

It definitely isn't nearly that good, you'll still have to go and clean up nubs. However, the amount of nub you'll have to clean up will be much less and, most importantly, the force required to cut is a lot less as well. Compared to any other nipper I've used, it cuts very cleanly, and doesn't jostle the part when it clips, which means that you don't have the problem with small parts where they go flying.

It isn't going to solve all your problems, but it's definitely a very good, high quality tool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Kibner posted:

It's called GODHAND and is made the same way katanas are. Also it's really expensive. Ergo, it must be the best thing ever.

It really is a good flush cutter, but it's not actually worth like $40.