Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah that's something I've appreciated about the show so far - the male agents are misogynistic assholes which fits the times, but they're also competent at their jobs and capable of getting to the same place as the titular hero even without the benefit of the inside knowledge she has and is keeping from them.

I am irritated by the shoehorned in red-herring of Jarvis calling Howard and going,"SHE DOESN'T SUSPECT A THING :ninja:", can't it just be a straightforward matter of Howard getting his poo poo took and asking Carter to save his rear end?

I half expect it to be a thing where they also have an agent in the office and that while she thinks she is working alone she has more allies then she thinks. I half expect Souza to be someone rescued by Cap and her future husband. I also like how much they are mining from Secret Warriors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

hayley atwell has large breasts

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Deakul posted:

hayley atwell has large breasts

Well, I'm glad someone said it!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I'm a bit surprised she hasn't gotten a breast reduction a la Christina Ricci. Back problems are serious business.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Hers seem a bit more proportional to the rest of her. Christina Ricci's were too big for her frame.

This is developing into kind of a creepy line of conversation.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Phylodox posted:

Hers seem a bit more proportional to the rest of her. Christina Ricci's were too big for her frame.

So how about that Leviathan, huh?

Actually I'm legitimately curious, what's Leviathan's deal in the comics?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

TARDISman posted:

So how about that Leviathan, huh?

Actually I'm legitimately curious, what's Leviathan's deal in the comics?

Pretty much a Russian version of Hydra.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Deadpool posted:

Sweet, so Cold War antics. I enjoy Cold War fiction for whatever reason, so I'm pretty excited about this.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

TARDISman posted:

Sweet, so Cold War antics. I enjoy Cold War fiction for whatever reason, so I'm pretty excited about this.

It's another thing from the Secret Warriors comic that the people behind these shows are smartly drawing from as it's a good book. Like with Whitehall though I'd imagine it will be radically different than in the book.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

timrenzi574 posted:

Farva was the dickhead in the diner, Buzz was the milk truck driver

Wow, I recognized the milk truck driver as the gay Dean cosplayer from Supernatural. (I binged rewatched Supernatural over the holidays.) It never crossed my mind that he was Buzz from Home Alone. Mind Blown.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Jerusalem posted:

I am irritated by the shoehorned in red-herring of Jarvis calling Howard and going,"SHE DOESN'T SUSPECT A THING :ninja:", can't it just be a straightforward matter of Howard getting his poo poo took and asking Carter to save his rear end?

I'm assuming that the call was less "evil master plan" and more "she doesn't know we're seeing if she's fit to run S.H.I.E.L.D. when we set it up", since that's what happens at the end of her One Shot. Stark knows she's a competent agent but needs to see if she can lead and rely on other people, as well. Jarvis is basically there to test her for recruiting people who AREN'T spies and teach them to BE spies, is how I saw it.

bobkatt013 posted:

I half expect it to be a thing where they also have an agent in the office and that while she thinks she is working alone she has more allies then she thinks. I half expect Souza to be someone rescued by Cap and her future husband. I also like how much they are mining from Secret Warriors.

Souza being her future husband seems pretty likely. Stolen directly from the MCU wiki regarding her currently un-named husband: "He was a member of a battalion of over one thousand men who were trapped behind the German line by a blizzard. They were pinned down by a HYDRA blockade for months before they were rescued by Captain America." He easily could have lost a leg during that, and someone who was directly saved by Cap would probably be a lot less of a dickhead, just from being around him.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Kruller posted:

I'm assuming that the call was less "evil master plan" and more "she doesn't know we're seeing if she's fit to run S.H.I.E.L.D. when we set it up", since that's what happens at the end of her One Shot. Stark knows she's a competent agent but needs to see if she can lead and rely on other people, as well. Jarvis is basically there to test her for recruiting people who AREN'T spies and teach them to BE spies, is how I saw it.

This is what I mean about it being a red-herring, I don't think anybody watching thinks for even a second that Jarvis and Stark are secretly bad guys using her for nefarious purposes, and it's obvious the reveal will be something either along the lines of what you suggested, or will be something along the lines of Tony's vault wasn't so much broken into as he was duped into sharing secrets/co-developing with somebody else and he's embarrassed about it. It just felt like a needless attempt at false drama/tension for the audience that I don't think anybody is going to even remotely buy for a second, and that really wasn't necessary.

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

This is what I mean about it being a red-herring, I don't think anybody watching thinks for even a second that Jarvis and Stark are secretly bad guys using her for nefarious purposes, and it's obvious the reveal will be something either along the lines of what you suggested, or will be something along the lines of Tony's vault wasn't so much broken into as he was duped into sharing secrets/co-developing with somebody else and he's embarrassed about it. It just felt like a needless attempt at false drama/tension for the audience that I don't think anybody is going to even remotely buy for a second, and that really wasn't necessary.

I just saw the stinger for Episode 3 (which looks drat good): It seems like Stark is playing another angle and Peggy is pissed about it, so, while he might not be a 'bad' guy, there is something else going on. The fact that she's that upset about it makes me think it's a little more serious than 'Stark didn't want to be embarassed.' It obviously has some effect on the plot, and it's going to be important, so it's really not like a red herring, at all. Also, there's a quick shot of Dum Dum with Peggy going down a stairwell, so it looks like we're getting some Howling Commandos action. That's cool. Overall, it looks like it'll be a dense episode, which isn't that surprising as there's only 8 of them.

I figured I'd spoiler that since I know there's a few folks who don't watch the stingers in order to avoid that stuff.

AbsolutelySane fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jan 8, 2015

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

We also know that Anton is going to be deported and I half expect that will be tied into this series. Like he is the one who helped them break into the vault

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Phylodox posted:

My wife openly said they weren't really in proportion to her body, that seems to be a thing women notice.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Deadpool posted:

It's another thing from the Secret Warriors comic that the people behind these shows are smartly drawing from as it's a good book. Like with Whitehall though I'd imagine it will be radically different than in the book.

Yeah one thing I notice is that all their agents don't seem to ever speak directly, either using the voicebox or with papers/typewriters.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
EDIT: lol wrong tab

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jan 8, 2015

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Soonmot posted:

Interesting how this poppped up after all the discussion. Apparently this character has been around for 6 months?

http://www.themarysue.com/new-power-girl-rad-as-heck/

A Power Girl without a boob window is not really Power Girl. :colbert:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She also found Black Canary's pre-New 52 jacket at a thrift store.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Deakul posted:

A Power Girl without a boob window is not really Power Girl. :colbert:

It looks like she just has a slightly more modest boob window and much smaller boobs. Which, I guess is an improvement but it's kind of hilarious that that's progress in the comic world in 2015.

Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

You will find that it is you
who are mistaken.

About a great many things.
Edward James Olmos joins the cast:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2015/01/08/agents-shield-edward-james-olmos/

So say we all!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Oh, hell yes. This is awesome news.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

DrNutt posted:

It looks like she just has a slightly more modest boob window and much smaller boobs. Which, I guess is an improvement but it's kind of hilarious that that's progress in the comic world in 2015.

Look, I fixed it in 2 minutes

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

feedmyleg posted:

Look, I fixed it in 2 minutes

Also need to remove an arm.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
So who is Robert Gonzales in the marvelverse?

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Burning_Monk posted:

So who is Robert Gonzales in the marvelverse?

Google turns up nothing, so I'm guessing he might be made up for the show. I also don't remember ever seeing that name in the comics.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Chances are he is an alias for an inhuman

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

thrawn527 posted:

Oh, hell yes. This is awesome news.

As long as his run doesn't go like it did for Lawless. :v:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

imperialparadox posted:

We can still bring her back! I believe! :smith:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

imperialparadox posted:

They specify guest star, so who knows. On the other hand, #Triplives so Lawless might too.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Just got around to watching this and drat I'm impressed! With Leviathan popping up I'm not sure my poor nerd heart can take all this Secret Warriors referencing. I really hope this carries into Agents of SHIELD if they're going to go the same track as in the comics.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

hope and vaseline posted:

Just got around to watching this and drat I'm impressed! With Leviathan popping up I'm not sure my poor nerd heart can take all this Secret Warriors referencing. I really hope this carries into Agents of SHIELD if they're going to go the same track as in the comics.

It would be cool to have them just barely contain whatever the big bad villain of this show, just like: "Will this contain him/it?" "For now, but I don't know for how long."

*next week cue '50 years later' title card on AoS*

but SHIELD has its own problems to deal with so who knows.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Deadpool posted:

Weren't they actually the ones who created the Winter Soldier in the comics?

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Polaron posted:

Weren't they actually the ones who created the Winter Soldier in the comics?

He was turned into a soviet assassin, but the Leviathan stuff was written after Brubaker brought Bucky back to life, and time-line wise I think it happened after Leviathan went into cold storage? I could be wrong though. I could see them tying the two together in the MCU though.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Actually, Peggy encountering The Winter Soldier would be awesome, though I don't think it will happen.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Josh Lyman posted:

I'm a bit surprised she hasn't gotten a breast reduction a la Christina Ricci. Back problems are serious business.

That'd be like slapping God in the face.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Agent Carter's Boobs Edition

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Someone noticed this while rewatching the episode "The Hub" from Season 1.

First up, the sign clearly says H.A.M.M.E.R.:

The next time the sign shows up, it's altered, and the empty spot at the top now says LMD Divison:

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
I'm rewatching Captain America 1 for more Agent Carter goodness and less then 30 seconds after her introduction she's already punched some douche in the face :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Since this thread has apparently derailed pretty hard, I guess I'll ask: what's the verdict on the new show? Worth downloading on iTunes?

• Locked thread