Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Sentient Data posted:

But dood, that's like a whole month of gaming they're getting rid of by going in and out of a door for nearly an hour! Totalllly entertaining!~~

:idontseeasleepsmilie:

:mexico:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Schurik posted:

I missed fire emblem but I'm guessing it was a lot of confirming text boxes?

it's a srpg so it's just menus the whole way through

it was sorta novel in the early part where he's doing specific strategies and seeing how fast he was navigating the menus but once he gets a couple of the really good units it just boils down to using them and no one else for the next 2 hours

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Why aren't they playing the Die Hard music when he goes up and down the stairs?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Countblanc posted:

Depression Sim

What is the depressionquest speedrun anyway? is there a BadEnd%?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

beep by grandpa posted:

What is the depressionquest speedrun anyway? is there a BadEnd%?

I genuinely want to see this and Gone Home speedran just because of how many assholes would lose their minds.

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008
100% speedrun of animal crossing very good

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

DARPA Dad posted:

100% speedrun of animal crossing very good

estimate of 24-80 hours

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
Quite the run indeed

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008

Tracula posted:

I genuinely want to see this and Gone Home speedran just because of how many assholes would lose their minds.

no one wants to see those games run

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Tracula posted:

It's not really worth speedrunning though, you can just run to the top floor and that's it. It's a bad run

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

Oh boy, Animal Crossing 100% coming soon? I hope they run it next AGDQ!

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I'm not saying they'd be good runs but the amount of bitching from gamer gaters and their ilk is what would be amusing.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Tracula posted:

A Gone Home speedrun is probably doable since it does actually, you know, end and you don't have to make up stupid poo poo like the AC run.

Plus you can have incentives to take or leave Christmas Duck.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

there are 10-11 runners of this game :wow:

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008

Tracula posted:

I'm not saying they'd be good runs but the amount of bitching from gamer gaters and their ilk is what would be amusing.

not really. no one who should be listened to actually cares about gamergate or finds it in any way interesting

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I thought Animal Crossing would be at least kinda funny but man this sucks.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Basically this guy was just REALLY DESPERATE for e-fame and being the best at something right

like I liked animal crossing 64 when I was little and AC for the GCN was good because of the NES games (seriously bring those back nintendo :mad:) but some people don't get that a game can be enjoyable but not really good for speedruns???

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Tracula posted:

oh my god start donating as like anit zoe and others during it.

I am tempted to do a donation as Anita S. During the zelda blindfold run asking "It is god to see video games doing something positive for a change. I have one question for you all though, what if Zelda was a girl?"

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Mr E posted:

there are 10-11 runners of this game :wow:

Arrested Development joke

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Anatharon posted:

Basically this guy was just REALLY DESPERATE for e-fame and being the best at something right

like I liked animal crossing 64 when I was little and AC for the GCN was good because of the NES games (seriously bring those back nintendo :mad:) but some people don't get that a game can be enjoyable but not really good for speedruns???

or he likes doing it, w/e

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008

Al Borland posted:

I am tempted to do a donation as Anita S. During the zelda blindfold run asking "It is god to see video games doing something positive for a change. I have one question for you all though, what if Zelda was a girl?"

that sounds like a good way to get a woman harassed and yelled at for something someone else did

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Schurik posted:

Arrested Development joke

looks like nevernudes outnumber AC runners

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Tracula posted:

lol you're saying that as though there haven't been literally two hundred nine-teen pages of people gnashing their teeth furious over every god drat thing that's happened in literally every aspect this production in the last 100 hours or whatever.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

The routing was really interesting for a while, we had spreadsheets

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Al Borland posted:

wow that would totally be an epic pwn

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

lol you're saying that as though there haven't been literally two hundred nine-teen pages of people gnashing their teeth furious over every god drat thing that's happened in literally every aspect this production in the last 100 hours or whatever.

actually no yesterday around tetris we were pretty happy

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
"I kept going to the basement over and over" he means in irl right

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Al Borland posted:

LOL... really epic stuff, Al Borland. You should definitely do that, it would be a friggin win for sure

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Mr E posted:

actually no yesterday around tetris we were pretty happy

No there was STILL that one guy that had to be that guy.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

DARPA Dad posted:

that sounds like a good way to get a woman harassed and yelled at for something someone else did

But dude she talked a bad thing about video games.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

That Ninja Gaiden Race though...

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

beep by grandpa posted:

No there was STILL that one guy that had to be that guy.

:raise:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Rorus Raz posted:

A Gone Home speedrun is probably doable since it does actually, you know, end and you don't have to make up stupid poo poo like the AC run.

Plus you can have incentives to take or leave Christmas Duck.

Animal Crossing run's goal isn't "made up stupid poo poo", it's the only ending goal in the game besides "get every single item at least once" which would require weeks of play time or a really bizarre glitch.

Northan
Nov 6, 2011

Spear Spear Spear Spear
Spear Spear Spear Spear
Man I don't think a lot of people here get that there's no such thing as "not worth speedrunning".

Notorious QIG posted:

The routing was really interesting for a while, we had spreadsheets

This is why they did this. The routing was the fun part of putting together an Animal Crossing speedrun.

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008

hes right there was some shithead last night hating on the tetris runs

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Al Borland posted:

this would be really cool and great.

wait sorry, my hands mistyped.

i meant loving stupid + you're dumb

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Tracula posted:

Except there already is a Gone Home speedrun. It's super boring because they just tweak a door open to get a key, then go upstairs and poof, bad run over.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

DARPA Dad posted:

hes right there was some shithead last night hating on the tetris runs

I more meant that "one guy" isnt really "literally 294 pages of complaining" and I mean indicates the opposite

Northan posted:

Man I don't think a lot of people here get that there's no such thing as "not worth speedrunning".

Let's speedrun...

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor!

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008

Al Borland posted:

this guy gets to chat in the #speedruns channel and i get banned for making fun of the fire emblem runner's physical appearance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Zurreco posted:

Except there already is a Gone Home speedrun. It's super boring because they just tweak a door open to get a key, then go upstairs and poof, bad run over.

I'm conflicted because that sounds boring but that's a pretty good speedrun

• Locked thread