Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Sdoots posted:

Because I've been busy with poo poo and missed the whole thing, and haven't been keeping up to date. So I rely on posts like this. Thanks!

I realized today that I need to kill my entire lunch hour at work reading the SA thread (as in, flying down each page skimming every 15 posts) to get the jist of each run, then add what sounds like good runs to a notepad app on my phone :v: some coworkers probably think I'm dead but listen Bitch I have speedgaming to get to.

edit: I'm also recording what sounds like hilariously awful runs just in case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So um, I need to ask. Why is one of the donation prizes a decal of Yoshi licking Bowser Jr's rear end in a top hat?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So um, I need to ask. Why is one of the donation prizes a decal of Yoshi licking Bowser Jr's rear end in a top hat?

You answered your own question here bub :-]

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's just a fun little thing you can do in the game and widely known.

El Golden Goose
Jul 23, 2007
These announcers keep pronouncing Melbourne wrong...

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

Sdoots posted:

Alright, I apologize for the delay in updating this. Someone said Rogue Legacy was worth adding, so that's in there. Link to twitch will be there next time I update this.

Here are the youtube links to the playlists where you can find these runs. First link is the official channel, second is the unofficial playlist that tends to be more up to date. I believe the general idea is, try to use the official one so you can support AGDQ anyway you can, but if a run isn't up yet, use the other.

Or just use whichever one you want. gently caress it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOWDU-iokgQTudah5-4kAIQ
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmewT1Wq-BxHK0OoOhmoHGQ

I apologize for falling behind on this, I could make a whole E/N thread about what's going on but instead I'll just leave it at poo poo's going on with me and my focus is elsewhere.

The Ninja Gaiden relay run was really, really good.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Can I donate to get a different reader? These voices are the worst thing. I'd rather watch the Diddy Kong Racing race again.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Sdoots posted:

Because I've been busy with poo poo and missed the whole thing, and haven't been keeping up to date. So I rely on posts like this. Thanks!

I thought Super Monkey Ball Deluxe was an incredibly entertaining run to watch, both technically and due to the commentary throughout. I'd wait for others to vet that before taking my word on it, though.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.

Zurreco posted:

That 20k jump during Boshy was the Notch donation, right?

It's also interesting how Mischief Makers lost 30k viewers and then jumped back 10k after the proposal.

Yes, pretty sure that was Notch.

Alman posted:

Yeah, that absolutely needs to be on the list.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Alman posted:

RyokoTK posted:

You need to add the Ninja Gaiden relay to this race, that was sick beyond belief.

e: This appears to be a Youtube link.

QFP

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008

CrashCat posted:

well, that surely doesn't sound unreasonable, let me just check here and
oh.

well, that was quick.

that was over the line and i'm sorry for it. not sure what i was thinking there

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Ah. I can field this one. In the game "Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island", one of Yoshi's primary attacks is a tongue-stretch move that allows you to grab items and swallow enemies to convert into eggs (which coincidentally are his other primary attack). Bowser Jr is the main villain and final boss of Yoshi's Island. Thus the scenario you see depicted by that perler is actually plausible within the context of the game that was just played. It's funny because it depicts the relatively taboo sex act of anallingus, in stark contrast to the childlike and jovial atmosphere of Yoshi's Island. Hope this clears it up.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Kind of hosed up they're calling this "Ray Charles %"...

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Did the do the accordion at all?

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

The Ferret King posted:

I thought Super Monkey Ball Deluxe was an incredibly entertaining run to watch, both technically and due to the commentary throughout. I'd wait for others to vet that before taking my word on it, though.

Super Monkey Ball Deluxe was boss.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

but it's funny because it makes fun of someone who's blind, memes

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

beep by grandpa posted:

They were gonna call it Stevie Wonder % but it ends up that he isn't blind.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

The Ferret King posted:

I'd agree with that, very nice run.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Can I donate to get a different reader? These voices are the worst thing. I'd rather watch the Diddy Kong race again.

Blame the donators. If someone asked me to do a silly voice as a condition for them to give more money to charity, I'd do it every time.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Look at trihex's face right now.

edit: for posters reading this from the future I'm referring to the part with the falling blocks in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island: Ray Charles % in AGDQ2015

El Golden Goose
Jul 23, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

You're right, it should have been "Stevie Wonder %"

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Goddamn this part blind. wow.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Can I donate to get a different reader? These voices are the worst thing. I'd rather watch the Diddy Kong Racing race again.
She's a better reader than most of them, especially after one of the readers yesterday couldn't get a single donation in. She fit all the donations into the right gaps of silence.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Uh-oh, looking grim this.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Quest For Glory II posted:

She's a better reader than most of them, especially after one of the readers yesterday couldn't get a single donation in. She fit all the donations into the right gaps of silence.

I just want her not to do the voices

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Wasn't able to watch at all today, what is worth watching from today?

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

yeah but she said "nya nya"

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Lmaooo for almost 2 straight minutes there trihex and carlsagan were bobbing their heads in rhythm to each flutter jump :3:

I bet they had no idea they were doing it either

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Mr E posted:

People keep putting up money for it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So why did jumping in place teleport him?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Mr E posted:

Whoever was doing the awful games block had a similarly agreeable voice but wasn't doing any of the voices or anything, so it was pretty good. Whoever the guy with the dulcet tones that read during the Dust run for one of the more recent marathons is the best announcer, though.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So why did jumping in place teleport him?

Something about inputting the command to enter the pipe but the game not activating it until you're in the air, at which point it doesn't know how you're doing both at the same time so it just sends you elsewhere.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

dijon du jour posted:

Super Monkey Ball Deluxe was boss.

Didn't expect to like it as much as I did, add it.

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008
what happened to the guy what got banned from the event for reading out the frenchman donation?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

DARPA Dad posted:

what happened to the guy what got banned from the event for reading out the frenchman donation?

Decapitated with a scimitar

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

DARPA Dad posted:

no idea what you mean but feel free to link me to some Videogame Drama

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

DARPA Dad posted:

He wasn't banned, people misread the tweet

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
Oh man I've been at work all day, and just back in time to watch blindfolded Yoshi's Island. Anything good I've missed in the last 10 hours?

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008
so is he attempting to beat the whole game or just a few choice levels?

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
I think Carl has just had a moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

DARPA Dad posted:

so is he attempting to beat the whole game or just a few choice levels?

Just a couple he has memorized.

• Locked thread