Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I, SRM, oath 10 Tempestus Scions and 1 Taurox Prime from Games Workshop for the month of January (Warhammer 40k, 28mm)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I, Ugleb, oath for the month of January this bunch of things for Dropzone Commander (10mm) by Hawk Wargames:

3x Neptune Dropship
4x Juno IFV with turret options
8x bases of Immortals
2x Zeus Heavy Walkers
2x Enyo Heavy Walkers.

I'm going to a tournament in Febuary, so it's time to crank some stuff out! I had some trouble painting the walkerrs I did last month while fully assembled, so thought I'd try painting the bulk of it before assembling this time. Some stuff there is spray basecoated and you might notice a bit of greenstuff on one of the walker torso's where I had to fix a void in the casting.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

JcDent posted:

I, JcDent, oath one Commissar Yarrick and One Company Champion, from Games Workshop!

Pyrolocutus posted:

I, Pyrolocutus, oath the following:

1) On the left, bare grey, a Tactical Space Marine with plasma cannon, from Games Workshop
2) In the middle, primered white, a Warmachine Cygnar model, Captain Arlan Strangewayes, from Privateer Press
3) On the right, primered white, a Warmachine Mercenaries model, Rhupert Carvolo, from Privateer Press

Rhupert has his base arc marked out for a tournament I played him in, but is otherwise unpainted.

SRM posted:

I, SRM, oath 10 Tempestus Scions and 1 Taurox Prime from Games Workshop for the month of January (Warhammer 40k, 28mm)

Ugleb posted:

I, Ugleb, oath for the month of January this bunch of things for Dropzone Commander (10mm) by Hawk Wargames:

3x Neptune Dropship
4x Juno IFV with turret options
8x bases of Immortals
2x Zeus Heavy Walkers
2x Enyo Heavy Walkers.

Oaths Accepted!

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I, JerryLee, oath to paint for January:

1 Thousand Sons Chaos Space Marine
1 Chaos Space Marine Holding A Large Rock
1 Thousand Sons Sorceror

All are, naturally, 28mm by GW

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
For January, I Electric Hobo oath 15 Blood Harvesters. From Battlelore 2. Edition by FFG.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
New Year - New Game system

I Grey Hunter, Oath for the Januariest month of the Year, 1 "All Quiet on the Martian Front" Box Set!

Thats 3 Tripods.
3 MkII Tanks,
3 MK IV Tanks
30 Infantry (6 bases of 5)
9 Machine gunners (3 bases of 3)
6 Rough Riders (2 Bases of 3)

Run puny Humans! RUN! Cough, Cough I don't feel ****CRUMP***

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

A challenge then, Martian to Martian :clint:

I, NTRabbit, oath for the month in honour of Janus, god of transition and beginnings

• 1 Giant Stompy Robot and 1 Flying Saucer for Mars Attacks! by Mantic (28mm)
  • The other half of my Rebs strike team, the Wirrawee Irregulars: 2 Sorak, 1 Sorak Swordspawn, 2 Yndij, 1 Yndij Sergeant, 2 Zees, 1 Teraton and 1 Judwan Medic for Deadzone by Mantic (28mm)

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
I, Slimnoid, Oath the following for January: 2x Dreadnoughts, 1 Librarian, and 1 Space Marine banner bearer (28mm, Games Workshop)

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

I am sorry, but where is the challenge? We are the original Alien Invaders, who spawned an entire genre, while you are 1990's homage to 1950's B-movies.
The common cold may have killed us, but that's far more noble a fate than having your head explode to some crooner.

Also, you are 28mm and we are 15mm. So we are so much larger.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Grey Hunter posted:

I am sorry, but where is the challenge? We are the original Alien Invaders, who spawned an entire genre, while you are 1990's homage to 1950's B-movies.
The common cold may have killed us, but that's far more noble a fate than having your head explode to some crooner.

Also, you are 28mm and we are 15mm. So we are so much larger.

Ack ack ack! Ack! Ack ack ack ack ack, ack ack. Ack? ACK ACK!

I wish I backed that game at the time, I almost did, the stuff looks really cool

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jan 3, 2015

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

NTRabbit posted:

Ack ack ack! Ack! Ack ack ack ack ack, ack ack. Ack? ACK ACK!

He makes a strong case.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

JerryLee posted:

I, JerryLee, oath to paint for January:

1 Thousand Sons Chaos Space Marine
1 Chaos Space Marine Holding A Large Rock
1 Thousand Sons Sorceror

All are, naturally, 28mm by GW

Electric Hobo posted:

For January, I Electric Hobo oath 15 Blood Harvesters. From Battlelore 2. Edition by FFG.

Grey Hunter posted:

New Year - New Game system

I Grey Hunter, Oath for the Januariest month of the Year, 1 "All Quiet on the Martian Front" Box Set!

Thats 3 Tripods.
3 MkII Tanks,
3 MK IV Tanks
30 Infantry (6 bases of 5)
9 Machine gunners (3 bases of 3)
6 Rough Riders (2 Bases of 3)

Run puny Humans! RUN! Cough, Cough I don't feel ****CRUMP***

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, oath for the month in honour of Janus, god of transition and beginnings

• 1 Giant Stompy Robot and 1 Flying Saucer for Mars Attacks! by Mantic (28mm)
  • The other half of my Rebs strike team, the Wirrawee Irregulars: 2 Sorak, 1 Sorak Swordspawn, 2 Yndij, 1 Yndij Sergeant, 2 Zees, 1 Teraton and 1 Judwan Medic for Deadzone by Mantic (28mm)

Slimnoid posted:

I, Slimnoid, Oath the following for January: 2x Dreadnoughts, 1 Librarian, and 1 Space Marine banner bearer (28mm, Games Workshop)

Oaths Accepted!

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
:siren: :siren: In case you didn't already load down on holiday gifts, it's Time for More Prizes! :siren: :siren:

And our lucky December Monthly Prize winners are...

December Oath Thread, $10 OpenBookShelf 1d33 6 http://orokos.com/roll/242800
This goes to NTRabbit!
Contact Dagon for details on how to claim this prize.

December Oath Thread, Dragon Forge 1d33 26 http://orokos.com/roll/242804
This goes to Signal!
Contact Krushgroove for prize details.

December Oath Thread, Springer-Pinsel Set 1d33 13 http://orokos.com/roll/242806
This goes to moths!

December Oath Thread, Troll Trader 1d33 22 http://orokos.com/roll/242807
This goes to Indolent Bastard!

December Oath Thread, Grab Bag Prize 1d33 3 http://orokos.com/roll/242808
And it goes to drgnvale!
Please see the next post for instructions on how to claim this!

Congrats to all winners!

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
:siren: :siren: Grab Bag Winners! :siren: :siren:

We have albums going for both the US-based and the UK-based prize pots! So here's who you will contact for your choice of prize:

If you live in North America, you are choosing from Iris of Ether's prize pot.
If you live in Europe, you are choosing from Krushgroove's prize pot.
If you live anywhere else, you may choose from either prize pot.

Krushgroove's Prize Pot
Please contact Krushgroove! I should get a good link for this one of these days. :downs:

Iris of Ether's Prize Pot

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/118371598943498703849/albums/6062125106046823217?authkey=CNaG7-Drk5qKBg

Thanks again to everyone who donated! If you're drawing from Iris's pot you should pick both a 'small' prize and a 'big' prize! In general, that means one prize equal to a GW box set and one prize equal to 1-3 solo minis. 'Gimme a big hit from the box of Bones' counts as a valid choice, by the way. There's so much loot that there's still gonna be a huge end-of-year prize left over from this, even with being this generous.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Iris of Ether posted:

:siren: Hey December pledgers! :siren:

Please make sure that I've got your entry correct on the December 2014 tab. I'd like to roll for December prizes before I return to work at the end of the week.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhbAQSD-C_25dFcwTGtXeWJpNG9Ob18yclJKYUhQMkE&usp=drive_web&pli=1#gid=23

I did my rats as speed painting this month. I think I marked them as such in the oath complete post.

E: I didn't take the photo with a time stamp :( the oath and completion post times are within a few hours of each other though; can that be used as evidence?

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Iris of Ether posted:

Krushgroove's Prize Pot
Please contact Krushgroove! I should get a good link for this one of these days. :downs:

Lies! The EU Grab bag does not exist! ITS ALL A CONSPIRACY!

(I Know you're busy Krushgroove)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Iris of Ether posted:

December Oath Thread, $10 OpenBookShelf 1d33 6 http://orokos.com/roll/242800
This goes to NTRabbit!
Contact Dagon for details on how to claim this prize.

:toot:

I'll go find Dagon

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Schmetterling posted:

I did my rats as speed painting this month. I think I marked them as such in the oath complete post.

E: I didn't take the photo with a time stamp :( the oath and completion post times are within a few hours of each other though; can that be used as evidence?

I just marked that you did do this as speed painting (it's enough proof), though it also looks like you earned that achievement in a prior month as well.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
I think as a US Goon I picked something from the EU grabbag a long time ago. I might have agreed to wait for end of the season shipment too based on the fact that it never arrived and I vaguely remember the thread talking along those lines a while back. Honestly I don't remember much else besides that there was an Laser cut MDF Ork tower with my name on it in some picture gallery.

I can still claim that one and still have it shipped at the end of the season, or if it would be better for shipping I can select from the US bag instead. I assume that is why there are separate bags to begin with. But, if rules are rules and because I picked the tower then it's all cool. (all the prizes are cool is what I am saying).

Or maybe if something was lost in the system and my lazy butt never noticed then so be it, I might just miss that prize. I have plenty of crap around here anyway.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath a Ghordson Earthbreaker from PP for the month of January.

Personal life has calmed down, lets do this.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I think as a US Goon I picked something from the EU grabbag a long time ago. I might have agreed to wait for end of the season shipment too based on the fact that it never arrived and I vaguely remember the thread talking along those lines a while back. Honestly I don't remember much else besides that there was an Laser cut MDF Ork tower with my name on it in some picture gallery.

I can still claim that one and still have it shipped at the end of the season, or if it would be better for shipping I can select from the US bag instead. I assume that is why there are separate bags to begin with. But, if rules are rules and because I picked the tower then it's all cool. (all the prizes are cool is what I am saying).

Or maybe if something was lost in the system and my lazy butt never noticed then so be it, I might just miss that prize. I have plenty of crap around here anyway.

Was this a Season 4 prize? I'ma let Krushgroove decide what's best.

Edit: For reference, I won a Grab Bag prize in Season 4, I'm also US, and I got it back in Spring... :ohdear:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
I Indolent Bastard oath 8 6mm Viking Spearmen (Baccus Miniatures) and 1 Ork MegaNob with Grots (Citadel Miniatures/Games Workshop)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Grey Hunter posted:

Same boat here :)

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I, Pash, Oath for the month of January: 1 GW Bretonnian Questing Knight Standard bearer, 10 GW Glade Guard, and a GW Emporers Champion Model, which I am converting to be a flying knight dude by removing the backpack, and adding wings and a shield. His base also has a rock formation i made out of cork.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
For January I oath 5 Lizardmen and Deathjack
Lizardmen are from Reaper, Deathjack is Privateer Press.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For January I oath five Tau Pathfinders on a display base

I'd better hurry, they're my entry for a competition at my local GW on Saturday.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oathing: Wrong Eye and snapjaw, Epic Absylonia, Gatorman Witchdoctor, and Rask, all from privateer press

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Oathing: Both forms of Kromac, Warpborn Alpha, Lord of the Feast. 30MM from Privateer Press' Warmachine.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

I, lovestick, do oath 7 Infinity miniatures in 28mm from Corvus Belli for the month of January

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
wooo! OK, catching up again!

For anyone who's won a Grab Bag prize and you're in the EU or UK, here's the link for the photo album! https://plus.google.com/photos/101792256154658567736/albums/6101553472560459121?authkey=CObR282Px8L_wQE There's more stuff to come, I'll be digging through some of my own stuff to fill it out.

Grey Hunter posted:

The updated link for the EU/UK Grab Bag is above, email me with your prize choice! krushgroove169 @ gmail.com

Zark the Damned posted:

Same boat here :)
The updated link for the EU/UK Grab Bag is above, email me with your prize choice! krushgroove169 @ gmail.com

Iris of Ether posted:

December Oath Thread, Grab Bag Prize 1d33 3 http://orokos.com/roll/242808
And it goes to drgnvale!

drgnvale see the link above to claim your prize! email me with your prize choice! krushgroove169 @ gmail.com

WhiteOutMouse - the prize you're thinking of is the Ork Watch Tower here: http://sa-tg-oath-thread.wikia.com/wiki/The_Troll_Trader which you won in the first month of Season 5, and that should be in my loft waiting until the end of the year to get sent out :) (I'll check when I get home today)

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath a Ghordson Earthbreaker from PP for the month of January.

Indolent Bastard posted:

I Indolent Bastard oath 8 6mm Viking Spearmen (Baccus Miniatures) and 1 Ork MegaNob with Grots (Citadel Miniatures/Games Workshop)

Red Shoe posted:

For January I oath 5 Lizardmen and Deathjack
Lizardmen are from Reaper, Deathjack is Privateer Press.

Galaspar posted:

For January I oath five Tau Pathfinders on a display base

Ledgem posted:

Oathing: Wrong Eye and snapjaw, Epic Absylonia, Gatorman Witchdoctor, and Rask, all from privateer press

counterspin posted:

Oathing: Both forms of Kromac, Warpborn Alpha, Lord of the Feast. 30MM from Privateer Press' Warmachine.

lovestick posted:

I, lovestick, do oath 7 Infinity miniatures in 28mm from Corvus Belli for the month of January

Oaths Accepted!

Pash posted:

I, Pash, Oath for the month of January: 1 GW Bretonnian Questing Knight Standard bearer, 10 GW Glade Guard, and a GW Emporers Champion Model, which I am converting to be a flying knight dude by removing the backpack, and adding wings and a shield. His base also has a rock formation i made out of cork.

I can't see 'American Samoa' or 'Pago Pago' on the screen, but since I've been behind and it's clearly done during this month I'll let you go on this one! Accepted!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
One-Off Prize Time!

Just like last year, generous goons are coming forward to donate prizes to participants in the Oath Thread, and this time it's goon NTRabbit!

NTRabbit will be giving away one of 3 awesome prizes: a Mantic Sci fi zombie sprue, a Mantic Enforcer Sprue or a Robotech Glaug Battlepod!

To enter, all you have to do is include the year (2015, '15, MMXV, etc) in any language somewhere on the mini or base. It could be on a banner, a vehicle serial number, a flyer tail number, ID on a suit of armour, even graffiti on a wall. The '2015' should be a part of the model, rather than it being pure background, and doing so will enter you into a random draw to win this very cool prize!

When posting your Oath Complete pictures, be sure to note where you've put the number on your model, so we are sure to add you to the prize draw pool!

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Jan 8, 2015

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
Oh right, it was troll trader not grab bag. Thanks for the forensic prize research. I thought I remembered everyone talking about a single shipment time to make things easier.

I'll be quiet now as I contemplate how to get more bonuses since this season is almost over.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Hello Oathgoons!

For reference, these are the choices:

Glaug Battlepod which I sincerely hope arrive sometime soon because Palladium blows with special bonus Regult recon pod because apparently it's on the same sprue!

Hard plastic sci fi zombie sprue

New Enforcer sprue

Hard to find pictures of them painted in the wild, they're still being received, so that's the studio set (shields not included sorry, or possibly they will be, I have to add up and see, no guarantees)

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jan 7, 2015

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

I, ForkBanger, oath Fuhatsu, a madman with a gatling gun, for January.

He's a 32mm Malifaux model, on a 50mm base.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
I, jodai, oath these models: Francis Mallory, Quill and two Paragons(Soda Pop Miniatures 32 mm)

Bachtere
Sep 25, 2005

09/13/07

Never Forget

Pillbug
:ducksiren: October judgment! :ducksiren:

I'm late! I bought a house and got all discombobulated! On with the points!

Third Place, 1 Point: Slimnoid

Still have a kick rear end style. Love the palette on the Necromancer. The Whiskey Golem came out super clean. I really dig the blue lighting you have on the dragon, the gradient from light to dark looks really cool.

Second Place, 2 Points: LaikatheSpaceDog

All of your dioramas kick rear end, this one is no different. Your painting is super sharp on this piece. All of the little details are crisp and clean, the assembly is flawless. The colors pop, great job all around.

First Place, 3 Points: Deanut Pancer

That blood splatter is soooo good. Great job on the whites, great weathering on the icon on his back. Love the brighter shade of green on the grot, and his yellow lower lip. Great balance on both of them.

Jurnal, 1 Point: LaikatheSpaceDog

Like I said up above, your dioramas always kick rear end.

Germ
May 7, 2013

First off, apologies for the delay in judging! Got wrapped up in other stuff and it totally slipped off my radar. It took Krushgroove with an iron whip to get me back on track.

:captainpop: OCTOBER JUDGEMENT! (in January) :captainpop:

1st Place (3 points) – Lovestick – At first, when I was looking through the gallery, the genestealers gave me pause. Classic color scheme, well executed, but with a bit of a desaturated gritty look to it. They were true to the original colors, but more grimdark and less cartoony. That, plus the red of the Blood Angels added hints of gore, without any actual gore. “Good stuff”, I thought. Then I saw the table. “Well that’s an accomplishment,” I thought. Then the diorama. “Hot drat!”. You had it all this month – good brushwork, nice paint choices, good modeling, and a great sense of humor. Well done!

2nd Place (2 points) – Signal. I started here being heartily impressed with the Infinity figs. Good, solid color schemes. All of those fine lines on that Infinity armour can be easy to mistakenly fill in and over-paint, so that fact that you’ve kept stuff clear here is noteworthy. Of course, you may have micron-penned it after painting, but it doesn’t matter. The effect is the same, and I’ve seen enough sloppy pen-jobs to know that it’s not easy. The backpack on Tarik does a particularly nice job of showing off your technique. The blue really pops, and the color is great (though watch out for the occasional but of fuzzy primer!). You had my attention until I saw the Owlbear. With the wild yellow eyes. And the fez. And the freehand Shriner’s logo. Hells yes. That’s when you got my points. Great showing this month! (Also, that's a really clean freehand logo!)

3rd Place (1 point) – Laika the Space Dog. loving stop it. Seriously, just stop. Space Marine toys. Teacher looks like he just stepped out of a Mercer Mayer book. A thumbtack the size of a forearm ready to impale the unsuspecting teacher. The kid’s art on the desk. The apple. All well painted with a bright palette that catches the eye without being over the top. Wunderbar.

Bonus Theme Point (1 point) – Vermintide. I always enjoy your painting, and want desperately to see an army shot of your whole army one of these days. You hit the journal out of the park on your Bat Conservation International bat-rider. The paint is top-notch. The blue and green of the goblin rider nicely mirror the colors of the logo, but are different in tone to make it look coincidental. The conversion is seamless, and the joyful look of exhilaration on the gobbo makes me want to cheer. GW are drat fools for not having though of this. Goblins NEED to ride bats. Well done!

Germ fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jan 9, 2015

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

With October, November and December Judging incoming, the tables are going to get shaken up a little!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Grey Hunter posted:

With October, November and December Judging incoming, the tables are going to get shaken up a little!

Indeed! November photo albums are headed straight to the judges, posthaste!

e: speaking of which, :siren: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR NOVEMBER OATH IS IN THIS PHOTO ALBUM! :siren:

When this post is 6 hours old I will send this link to the Judges!

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Jan 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
After Oathbreaking Nov and skipping Dec due to work going full tilt and a half, it's time to get back on the horse n' make up for lost time:

I oath for January 3 goblin snipers, 4 mawbeasts, 2 commando captains, 1 marauder warlord, 2 commando pyros, and 11 commandos all by Mantic

The mawbeasts have black primer on them as I'm hoping to try and speed paint them this weekend.

• Locked thread