Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Your Computer posted:

So what's the deal with Origins?

It's a decent game that doesn't really bring much new to the table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Quest For Glory II posted:

I just realized the guy who shits on MGR Revengeance and hates it while running it is running it again this year, that's gonna own

I genuinely didn't know it was possible to hate MGR:R.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I'll say that I really enjoy this run's cast, but the game isn't keeping me interested. I played through it some time ago and enjoyed it, but it's not grabbing my interest as a speed run.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
If Origins had come before City it would have been received a lot better.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Tracula posted:

rules of nature sucks

Parasara
Sep 17, 2014

Next time I see that woman, I'm shooting her, and not in the knee.

Your Computer posted:

So what's the deal with Origins?

It was a poorly rushed third game by a different studio thats basically "what if we just made the second game, but made it worse?". It came out of the whole last generation lasting 2 years longer than thought so they just needed anything to fill the release schedule

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I'm really digging these OOB segments now.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Tracula posted:

He and the commentator hated on it and then people complained so the next time they ran it, they sarcastically praised it the entire time

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

He and the commentator hated on it and then people complained so the next time they ran it, they sarcastically praised it the entire time

to be honest both are pretty annoying, but the hating was a bit funnier

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
This runner is trying too hard to be funny.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

This is mostly because they're not capable of being actually funny and go with whatever gets audience reactions instead

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Someone on IRC said the runner sounds like the Extra Creditz guy and now I can't unhear it.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Everything is annoying.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
Everything is awesome.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Someone on IRC said the runner sounds like the Extra Creditz guy and now I can't unhear it.

Not quite nasally enough.

Parasara
Sep 17, 2014

Next time I see that woman, I'm shooting her, and not in the knee.
I dunno he's trying a bit too hard but i'm enjoying his chill commentary and him utterly destroying every fight effortlessly

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Zurreco posted:

This runner is trying too hard to be funny.

I really dislike when runners try to crack wise about video game logic. It's never ever funny and I hate it every time. The runner just did it, trying to be a smartass about how the security gates in a museum used passwords like "JURASSIC." Like, fuckhead, it's a video game.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

MVP posted:

Everything is awesome.

thats my favorite song

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008

RyokoTK posted:

I really dislike when runners try to crack wise about video game logic. It's never ever funny and I hate it every time. The runner just did it, trying to be a smartass about how the security gates in a museum used passwords like "JURASSIC." Like, fuckhead, it's a video game.

yeah this

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

RyokoTK posted:

"And here you can see Batman roll through an explosion AS IF THAT WAS EVEN POSSIBLE I mean come on."

I guess I'm gonna catch up on other runs while this happens.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

If he'd skip one joke in 4 he'd being rocking this. As it is it's still an enjoyable run, just a bit strained in places.

fake edit: maybe 2 jokes in 4.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

i'm also really bothered by things

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

RyokoTK posted:

It's low-hanging fruit, but I don't think it's annoying. What else do you want him to talk about instead?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
a lot changed in the remastered version of yoshi's island huh

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
I've been gone most of the day and about to hit the hay - what are the best runs that happened between yesterday's Tetris and now? I wanna catch up during any bad runs and setups tomorrow.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

SWMadness posted:

It's low-hanging fruit, but I don't think it's annoying. What else do you want him to talk about instead?

It's easier to say "there is usually a shark in here but we are going to glide over the trigger that would spawn it" than it is to do:

"So someone on the internet keeps trying to convince me there's a shark in here!"
"What? I've never seen a shark in this room."
"And apparently there's a trigger here that spawns a supposed shark, although I've never seen it."

MrBims posted:

I've been gone most of the day and about to hit the hay - what are the best runs that happened between yesterday's Tetris and now? I wanna catch up during any bad runs and setups tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaZPNynw7qY

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008

MrBims posted:

bad games block

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

The REAL Goobusters posted:

thats my favorite song

This is mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVV_zoDjbQk

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

The REAL Goobusters posted:

thats my favorite song

It makes me so happy.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

DARPA Dad posted:

bad games block

Yeah definitely watch Town With No Name.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Jesse Eisenberg IMO

Speaking of voices, Nolan North is like 80% of the goons Oo

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008

Schurik posted:

Jesse Eisenberg IMO

yeah he sounds exactly like jesse eisenberg

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
I need a gif of Batman completely whiffing the Penguin.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Schurik posted:

No, he's the Penguin, check your IMDB.

... oh wait he's also 80% of the goons.

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008
stop repeating the batman doesn't kill except when he does joke

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
Sorry but what's good since punch out

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

DARPA Dad posted:

Okay.

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008

ty

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

DARPA Dad posted:

stop repeating the joke
Or they could just stop entirely. These dudes are pretty bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

DARPA Dad posted:

So, wait, just no jokes at all or just that specific joke?

• Locked thread