Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Uroboros posted:

Cool stuff

Lord Twisted posted:

Looks good, but get them bases done son.

Basic gravel or whatever, grey base cost, rotting flesh drybrush, dark grey or green base rims. Makes models look so so so much better.

Do what this goon says. Don't do what I did and leave it until you have painted most of your poo poo. Bases makes models look complete and helps your army look cohesive. Pick a theme and get going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Paint bases first. It's a helpful psychological trick for painting motivation.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

I'm like 10 minutes from PA, I live right outside of Trenton.

It's 5 men a kit. It's pretty ridiculous.
I'm interested for sure, but it sounds like at least 1-2 people have dibs before me. On the upside, if you sell it to me, it'll be the final nail in the coffin for my brother finally starting Mechanicum allies for his Space Marines. :unsmigghh:

Would pick it up in person but I won't be back by Trenton for a few months, when I have to get down and dirty with the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection on a few issues. Shoot me a message if the buyers before me don't work out, and I'd love to take them!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Hey Buffalo Chicken, two friends of mine are getting into Orks (One started a few months ago, the other is just getting back into them after a long foray into Guard) and I wanted to show them that Gargantuan Squiggoth you converted. However, when I checked your older posts pretty much all the pictures are dead links. :( Is there any way you could re-upload some of them?
The image host dies periodically... just last night I finally, after years, made a backup Photobucket account. I just hate every image host except the one I use (Majhost) because they seem to be trying too hard to be fancy social media sites, and have irritating ads.

I'll be sure to post it again once the image host is back up!

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Imgur doesn't have ads and the you have to go looking for the social crap. It also allows limitless uploads and easy hotlinking.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Imgur doesn't have ads and the you have to go looking for the social crap. It also allows limitless uploads and easy hotlinking.
I use imgur when I'm not using Dakka's gallery feature. It's super easy to use and it's easy to avoid the weird social media features.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Lungboy posted:

Forget about me for those Thralls, let an American goon buy them.

Can't you go behind forgeworld and check their dumpster for miscasts? Otherwise, yes, you should just convert some guardsmen or cultists.

Lungboy posted:

Here's another try at an AdMech list, using only what comes in the Cybernetica Battlegroup. 1250pts on the nose:

code:
Magos Prime 95
Archmagos 35
Abeyant 25
Jetpack 20
Myrmidax 25
2 x Phased plasma fusil 40
---------------------------------
Thallax 135
Phase Plasma Fusil 10

Thallax 135
Phase Plasma Fusil 10

----------------------------------
Castellax 85
Castellax 85
2 x Multimelta
2 x 2 x flamer 20

Castellax 85
Darkfire Cannon 20
Enhanced Targeting Array 15

Castellax 85
Darkfire Cannon 20

------------------------------------
Thanatar 240
Paragon of Metal 35

Looks pretty good dude. Make sure that one of the Thallax squad keeps the Plasma Fusil, against the advice of Abuse Puppy. That's because its going to be flying around with your Magos and murdering squads every turn. If you put a multi melta on the other one you can deepstrike it in giving your list some more mobility.

I really like this list- it'll be fun to play and should perform pretty well. You don't have much volume of fire, though, so going with Maulers instead of multimeltas on the first castellax squad might be a good idea. I prefer power blades over flamers, but at this point its going to be personal preference. Play a few games and see what works!

Drythe posted:

Help me goons, I added the Cybernetica Battlegroup to my cart and tomorrow is payday. Someone tell me to not do this. I don't have any kids to deprive of juice so I can't come up with any cons.

Make sure nobody is fire selling on ebay!!! e: I see 2 poorly assembled castllax from Canada selling for $15 each in addition to the usual recasts.

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jan 9, 2015

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Bah, after shipping those Canada ones are $30 a pop. Plus they aren't up for buy it now :(

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

BULBASAUR posted:

Can't you go behind forgeworld and check their dumpster for miscasts?

No, their miscasts are routinely shipped out to customers as 'product'.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I once got a bloodthirster that had release agent mixed in. Can't even hold primer no matter what I do. Least now I got two models for the price of one.

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...

Drythe posted:

Oh wow FW has bundles for things that actually have a discount. How very unGW of them.

Unlike the GW that has had Battle Force Boxes and Battalion Boxes available for pretty much all their plastic-core armies, unlike the GW that usually puts up "Megaforce" bundles for most armies when they get new codexs and around the Xmas holidays, and unlike the GW that has had multiple well-received starter sets that many people who are definitely not "starters" will still buy to use as discounted expansions to their current armys?

They may not have called them as such, and thier individual utility and value do vary, but GW has been putting out plenty of "Discount Bundles" for at least a decade.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Have you done the math on most of those discount bundles? If I remember correct, only a few of them actually gave you a discount.

Drythe posted:

Bah, after shipping those Canada ones are $30 a pop. Plus they aren't up for buy it now :(

Ask if he does combined shipping- boom, cheaper than forgeworld and already assembled.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I will if I can win the bid but seeing it ends while I would still be driving home from work that seems unlikely

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
The armored storm section for Solar Auxilia saves you a few pounds, maybe something like 15-20 dollars. To offset this discount, my tank was impossible to assemble.

It would be faster to place a new order compared to getting a replacement part, so I ordered some Breacher marines and I'll do my Fists first. That'll show you, FW.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Astral Claws are my favorite Space Marines overall, but Ultramarines are definitely the coolest still-existing SM Chapter and I am manly enough to admit that.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

Uroboros posted:

Here is the entirety of what I have painted so far. Apparently, my camera work needs help as well.

Your ultramarines and my ultramarines should fight. I like yours quite a bit, especially the gold trim!

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Raphus C posted:

Do what this goon says. Don't do what I did and leave it until you have painted most of your poo poo. Bases makes models look complete and helps your army look cohesive. Pick a theme and get going.

Got any recommendations? I originally had zero intention of doing them, since I got a shitload to paint still.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

cross post from the painting thread

Hixson posted:

Painted another buggeroo

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Uroboros posted:

Got any recommendations? I originally had zero intention of doing them, since I got a shitload to paint still.

Consider bases as a part of the model insofar as if they are incomplete then the model is incomplete. The sooner you start doing that the sooner you get used to it being a part of the process and the less of a hassle it will be. Making awesome bases is just as much fun as coming up with awesome poses.

You could try with the usual sand and flock, or grab some slate or cork and start looking around at basic urban bases. Just think of the kind of tables you usually play on or where you picture your dudes fighting and go from there.

e: and yeah, doing them as you go is a lot better than ripping 50 guys off bases and doing them all at once.

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jan 9, 2015

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D
Tempestus Scions would work as another model kit to convert into Ad Secularis, too, I'd think.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

What's a good way to represent Mars sand? Sand obviously, but how about the red color?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Drythe posted:

What's a good way to represent Mars sand? Sand obviously, but how about the red color?

A red-orange color of sand and black rocks.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Drythe posted:

You would probably want to tone the red down to a rusty color.

Not mine, and the person used parasite brown and heavy ochre from Vallejo.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
There are also basing paints GW makes now that are textured and colored. Might be an easy option for models already complete. I'm sure some good has experience with their texture and color.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

WhiteOutMouse posted:

There are also basing paints GW makes now that are textured and colored. Might be an easy option for models already complete. I'm sure some good has experience with their texture and color.

I tried the cracked mud one and it looks pretty dang good when it dries. I would recommend it for people looking for mud.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Mars isn't actually red, Nasa false-colour the images because people expect it to be red. That's not to say it won't be red in 40 thousand years time.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I am using the GW Astrogranite texture on my work in progress Necrons at the moment. This is a very thin coat, but you could lay it on thick and get a much more pronounced effect if you wanted. Just slap it on and ink that sucker up

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Lungboy posted:

Mars isn't actually red, Nasa false-colour the images because people expect it to be red. That's not to say it won't be red in 40 thousand years time.

Rule of cool. And red earth looks loving cool.

Forge World has been listening in on the AdMech conversations here!

Darkfyah Castellax!

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jan 9, 2015

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Darkfire castellax!

I still prefer mine though:

e: Weeeelp, beaten

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Jan 9, 2015

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Castellax looks so steampunk I expect it to be bonded to Stryker.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Hnngh, that Castellax. So glad I didn't order the Cybernetica Battlegroup yesterday! I'd be gutted if I had and then that bad boy was released. Here's hoping they add it as an option to the Battlegroup asap.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

:shepspends:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Does anyone remember if the Tyranid dice were limited to 1 per customer?

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Does anyone know when the Pollux model might be released? My army is Imperial Fists successors and I use Kantor a lot... that would be a much better model than the current Kantor pose.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

ijyt posted:

Does anyone remember if the Tyranid dice were limited to 1 per customer?

I'm sure if you got them through a GW store they were, my local shop limited them because they didn't know how many they would get. Are the BA dice still on the site?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Darkfire Cannon sounds really....strong? Two shots of Str 7 AP 2 at 60 inches? Am I missing something?

e: and its a MC so it can move and shoot? Jesus.

Drythe fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jan 9, 2015

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

krushgroove posted:

I'm sure if you got them through a GW store they were, my local shop limited them because they didn't know how many they would get. Are the BA dice still on the site?

Nope, but I guess I'll find out in a few hours.

Also, looking for some list advice for a small tourney, 800 pts, 1 HQ + 1 Troop mandatory.
I'm considering dropping one of the Storm Talons for Las/Plas Razorbacks instead, or perhaps a Thunderfire Cannon.

quote:

700 / 800 pts

[HQ]
???

[Troop] 310pts

1x Tactical Squad 155pts
       Razorback
              Heavy Bolters
              Dozerblades

Vet. Sgt.
              Bolt Pistol
              Combi-melta
       4x Boltgun
       1x Flamer

1x Tactical Squad 155pts
       Razorback
              Heavy Bolters
              Dozerblades

Vet. Sgt.
              Bolt Pistol
              Combi-melta
       4x Boltgun
       1x Flamer

[Fast Attack] 390pts

2x Storm Talon 280pts
      TL Assault Cannon
      TL Lascannon

1x Storm Talon 110pts
      TL Assault Cannon
      TL Heavy Bolter

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Drythe posted:

Darkfire Cannon sounds really....strong? Two shots of Str 7 AP 2 at 60 inches? Am I missing something?

e: and its a MC so it can move and shoot? Jesus.

It's also Lance.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Lungboy posted:

It's also Lance.

Funny my name is also Lance Darkfire

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

ijyt posted:

Nope, but I guess I'll find out in a few hours.

Also, looking for some list advice for a small tourney, 800 pts, 1 HQ + 1 Troop mandatory.
I'm considering dropping one of the Storm Talons for Las/Plas Razorbacks instead, or perhaps a Thunderfire Cannon.

Are you based near the Chiswick store? Don't mean to pry into personal life but I just saw them advertise a tournament exactly like that and wondered if you were a London 'ham like myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

How's the scale on those castellax compared to a dreadknight? The dreadknight seems so fun to use but I can't stand how it looks, particularly next to dreadnoughts. Seems like it could be a cool conversion to exchange the weapons and add a fancy knight mask over the little skull.

• Locked thread