Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Ive really been happy with the music that they play between games and commercials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Man, I haven't seen an Episode 2 run, but if it's anything like Half-Life 2 it's gonna be fun.

Gocnak did a good run of HL2 last year so this has a good chance of being good

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

funmanguy posted:

Ive really been happy with the music that they play between games and commercials.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i want a full hl2 run to happen as well, please

it's always a good time

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Half-Life 2 Episode 2 Presented By DoritosTM

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Sire Oblivion posted:

Yeah I couldn't read that on the monitor it was playing on, what a piece of poo poo.

One advantage of watching on the Wii U pad.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders

funmanguy posted:

Pure production value's gone up like 1000% since day 1, every time I've been tuned in it's been super clean

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
that coolkid guy is a loving scumbag. hope he gets ostracized in the community

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
HL2Ep2 is a 55 minute Speedrun? Is there not that many skips or am I misremembering the length of that game?

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

tallying up the tracker donation + the humble bundle pile so far, it looks like the totals are at 1,009,141.28 (as of a few minutes ago.) :woop:

Leeham721
Jan 4, 2015
Jeff Ross voice, he should roast the couch

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

New Concept Hole posted:

HL2Ep2 is a 55 minute Speedrun? Is there not that many skips or am I misremembering the length of that game?

i dunno for sure as far as the run itself goes but it's a decent chunk of gameplay

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Do they always fall behind? I have the schedule open from a couple of days ago which says they should be doing GTA Vice City right now... And do people in the chat usually freak out over women being on the stream?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

New Concept Hole posted:

It's only about two to three hours long for normally playing, so my guess is that the skips aren't that out of control.

Note that hovering with objects is not "that out of control" for a source engine game.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

wow it's been so long since i've heard someone speak enthusiastically about the actions they are taking

Merv Burger
Jan 3, 2008

Violently Car posted:

They need to stop forcing this "hype" poo poo.

Things ruined by *GQD's:

1) Marriage
2) Hype

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Well of course she isn't fine. You rode a box into the sky and left her to fend for herself Gordon.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Do they always fall behind? I have the schedule open from a couple of days ago which says they should be doing GTA Vice City right now... And do people in the chat usually freak out over women being on the stream?

Yes and Yes.

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one
HEY LOOK someone on the couch actually spoke!!!

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer

And do people in the chat usually freak out over women being on the stream?

Hi, welcome to twitch chat.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The last Summer Games Done Quick got absurdly ahead of schedule, but usually they wind up running a bit behind. Not this far behind, but setup issues have been plaguing them even more than normal.

And yes, Twitch chat is terrible about everything.

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

Yes, they are awful internet nerds who are universally terrible at gaging acceptable human interaction. Just don't bother with the stream chat, honestly.
And there were a bunch of massive setup delays and an extra game thrown in so it's definitely behind.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
Okay that's a pretty sick skip holy cow.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The makeshift ramp is amazing

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Poultron posted:

that coolkid guy is a loving scumbag. hope he gets ostracized in the community

Please source your twitch chat quotes

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Did... Did he just makes a makeshift ramp on a turret and launch himself off of it? :stare:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Haha, that's a pretty rube goldbergesque skip.

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
Okay, that's a really cool and creative skip.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

And do people in the chat usually freak out over women being on the stream?

I think it was last year people were so loving creepy about it that they had to ban the word "girl" (surprise, it didn't work and they just switched to saying 'grill' instead!)

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

No, this is completely unheard of. I'm not sure what's different this year.... .....

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*

Wow, did he just skip the entire mines section? That's a lot of game.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Super Jay Mann posted:

Did... Did he just makes a makeshift ramp on a turret and launch himself off of it? :stare:

Please watch the HL2 run from A/SGDQ 2014 (can't remember which if you liked that.

Leeham721
Jan 4, 2015
If HL3 ever exists I hope they fix the constant loading zones that interrupt music,

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Just the tip?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
He wasn't kidding when he said the pickaxe was magically imbued :allears:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

New Concept Hole posted:

I think the current segmented run is around 43 minutes with loading times not counted? 55 minutes gives a good buffer since a decent bit of the skips in a compiled speedrun like that aren't going to work first time around in a live run.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Wait THAT'S why that loving gnome kept killing me? :aaaaa:

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*

Leeham721 posted:

If HL3 ever exists I hope they fix the constant loading zones that interrupt music,

At least in Episode 2 the maps are usually long enough that it doesn't happen too often.

How the hell are there 45 more minutes, he's already through half of the car section?

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

ouch. tough crowd on that stubbed toe joke. eesh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
This is Tribes level skiing.

• Locked thread