Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah no way Vriska is staying dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don't know how I feel about Vriska getting revived.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
And then they were eradicated by laser breath. The end, no moral.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

My heartrate is through the loving roof right now.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
there better be a drat good explanation for this, Andrew "The Huss" Hussie

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

What if the next hiatus started right now

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Poultron posted:

there better be a drat good explanation for this, Andrew "The Huss" Hussie

The explanation is that when Vriska gets retconned and forgets everything, everyone will feel bad for Meenah before she gets blown up, alone.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Fat_Cow posted:

The explanation is that when Vriska gets retconned and forgets everything, everyone will feel bad for Meenah before she gets blown up, alone.

No joke, I think my heart just stopped.

No.

Hussie knew how much (some) people wanted Vriska alive again, so now he's giving them what they want but making it the most awful gut wrenching thing so they wish she was dead, instead.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Fat_Cow posted:

I'll allow it

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Fat_Cow posted:

Meenah'd beat him up with her wrestling moves.

Edit:

paranoid randroid posted:

And then they were eradicated by laser breath. The end, no moral.
But Hussie can't double-die. Can he? :ohdear:

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier

:whip:

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I resent cutting away to these characters, they're wasting what little precious regular update space remains between now and the 19th.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
i really appreciate a giggling and rolling around sappy scene taking place rolling off a loving cliff

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Yeah Vriska is definitely coming back no question.

And retconning all the development she went through being dead is no different than how a lot of the development the meteor group went through will be retconned now that Vriska will be around and Gamzee won't be allowed to just wander. Though since dream bubbles exist outside of time and space, that means Meenah is liable to seeing the new meteor group and...yeah...

This is going to get awkward fast.

I mean unless of course the bubbles are finally all destroyed by Lord English like they should have been forever ago. Poor Meenah. No spiderfriend, no spiderlover and no being a ghost.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Speaking of which, what the gently caress happened to Dirk? He kind of wandered off and never came back.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Speaking of which, what the gently caress happened to Dirk? He kind of wandered off and never came back.

That Dirk has been retconned. He no longer exists.

Edit:

lotus circle posted:

Yeah Vriska is definitely coming back no question.

And retconning all the development she went through being dead is no different than how a lot of the development the meteor group went through will be retconned now that Vriska will be around and Gamzee won't be allowed to just wander. Though since dream bubbles exist outside of time and space, that means Meenah is liable to seeing the new meteor group and...yeah...

This is going to get awkward fast.

I mean unless of course the bubbles are finally all destroyed by Lord English like they should have been forever ago. Poor Meenah. No spiderfriend, no spiderlover and no being a ghost.

Since ret-johnning affects the narrative and not time or space, the dream bubbles are presumably also affected.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

the gayest update in homestuck history

no really this is gayer than the volcano kiss

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
No I'm sorry the volcano kiss still wins for the sheer audacity of mailing your own head to a guy with a note reading no time to explain, kiss me!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Fucknag posted:

the gayest update in homestuck history

no really this is gayer than the volcano kiss

What about the really sappy kiss between Rose and Kanaya. This doesn't even have a pick-up line.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

No I'm sorry the volcano kiss still wins for the sheer audacity of mailing your own head to a guy with a note reading no time to explain, kiss me!

It isn't gay if it's a corpse dude

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I remember when I used to like both of these characters.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I remember when I used to like both of these characters.

I remember when I used to like

Homestuck

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Oxxidation posted:

I remember when I used to like

Homestuck

Don't lie.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
Man it's gonna be so sad when Meenah dies alone.

EDIT: Again.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I still like both of these characters.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
If both of these characters would stop being boring and stupid I would like them again.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Does disliking this update make me a homophobe? Because if so, sign me up with the GOP my fine fellows. :(

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Just four more updates left till the hiatus.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Fat_Cow posted:

...certainly seems likely. But, man. :/

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

caaaaaaaaaan you feeeeeeeeeeel the looooooooooove to-niiiiiiiiiiiight

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Poultron
May 26, 2006

:allears:

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Since ret-johnning affects the narrative and not time or space, the dream bubbles are presumably also affected.
When you put it like that, then yeah I can see Meenah's development related to everything in the meteor group also being retconned. But we'll see what happens there since bubbles are kind of in a weird position in all of this.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Rip hussie's hopes and dreams.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Its like if the first thing Galatea said to Pygmalion was "I was thinking we should both start seeing other people".

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Olivia42 posted:

Does disliking this update make me a homophobe? Because if so, sign me up with the GOP my fine fellows. :(

No, disliking this update means you're not a pedophile: Vriska is 13, Meenah is 19, those numbers do not belong together.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Burkion posted:

Yeah no way Vriska is staying dead.

Yeah this literally could not be a more obvious "Vriska's fate is being retjohnned away, and all this afterlife happiness will be nullified" set up.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

No, disliking this update means you're not a pedophile: Vriska is 13, Meenah is 19, those numbers do not belong together.

they've both spent an indeterminate amount of time in dream bubbles together so who knows how old they are.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I just don't know what to think of this update.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jan 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't know why it took this long to finally hit me but having a panel with two alien chicks making out with the author watching them disappointed behind "sadness rock" made me realize: gently caress Homestuck got weird.