Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

Was it ever explained why the Raidou games are set when they are? Like there's the whole alternate future time travel plot in Soulless Army, but I honestly can't remember if any of that translated to why the Taisho emperor in particular survived longer than he should've (or I guess the Meiji emperor dying earlier).

Not really, no. I guess world history progresses as normal as it can get with this one particular change, and they'd most likely never expand upon it in a meaningful way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Alteisen posted:

Why is break record 50 bucks, when did Atlus turn into Square Enix with this overpriced poo poo.

Every Atlus 3DS game is $50 for no reason, I complain about this every time they release a 3DS game because seriously wtf

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Every Atlus 3DS game is $50 for no reason, I complain about this every time they release a 3DS game because seriously wtf

Etrian Mystery Dungeon isn't. :v:

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

alcharagia posted:

I hope it turns out SMT x FE is actually an Elite Beat Agents-style rhythm game.

I really can't imagine what it's going to be. Devil Survivor but with Fire Emblem characters? If the SMT main characters are in it, they can't really have the FE conversation system, those characters just aren't defined enough to have weird flirty conversations about food poisoning.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

CottonWolf posted:

I really can't imagine what it's going to be. Devil Survivor but with Fire Emblem characters? If the SMT main characters are in it, they can't really have the FE conversation system, those characters just aren't defined enough to have weird flirty conversations about food poisoning.

Mystery Food X meets pie conversations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

FE x SMT is being made by Intelligent Systems so yes if it exists it will literally be a Fire Emblem game with SMT stuff in it. Instead of a lightning tome it'll be called Zio.

Those tarot cards cost a lot of money to make you know!

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

CottonWolf posted:

I think they're probalby going to flesh out the Megaten player characters enough that they'll have actual, defined personalities to work from. They're each turning up with their female lead (except the if... guys, obviously), so they'll have someone to act off of, and I feel like you can probably infer some sort of framework to build on from the sorts of things that happened in their respective games.

I've played both Nocturne and IV, but no other mainline Megatens, but I definitely feel like there's some tangible differences between those two that you could build from. The Demi-Fiend's pretty brute-force at the best of times, never really made any significant choices himself, and is turning up with Chiaki (so likely sided with her), so I can see him as a very angry guy with little personal focus. I'd probably make him Chiaki's muscle, in keeping with how most paths were in Nocturne; the Demi-Fiend's historically a man of action, but it's never his own action.

On the other hand, we have Flynn. Flynn's a leader; no matter which alignment you go with, it's because of his choice, nobody else's. This is cemented by the fact he's with Isabeau, the one who most often looked to him for guidance, to the point where he actually did lead of his own volition and make his own choices in the Neutral path, unlike a lot of other RPG protagonists (okay, Burroughs helped him a bit, but we'll give him credit). He's also a samurai from the sixteenth century, so he's probably pretty old-fashioned. I think, of any of the Megaten characters, Flynn will be the one hitting it off the best with the Fire Emblem guys.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Strange Quark posted:

Etrian Mystery Dungeon isn't. :v:

I'm pretty sure none of the EO 3DS games are.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Manatee Cannon posted:

FE x SMT is being made by Intelligent Systems so yes if it exists it will literally be a Fire Emblem game with SMT stuff in it. Instead of a lightning tome it'll be called Zio.

well there will be smt characters in it too, probably demons and maybe a few of the human characters they can dredge up plot reasons to include

it seems like it'd be really difficult to come up with a plot that would allow you to bring megaten characters into the game.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Yes, the whole point is for characters from both games to be in it. How would it be hard? Both series have time travel and portals into different worlds. It's really simple to come up with a plot that works for this. This same premise already exists in other game cross overs. Just have YHWH ride an evil dragon and you're set.

The real question is how demon fusion will work.

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jan 8, 2015

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
SMTxFE is literally never going to come out. It's not happening. If it ever comes out, it will be bad.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

It will come out, and it will be good

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
You're worse than hitler for believing atlus's lies.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
look i'm an atlus faithful who beleives that the atlus agnostics have a very valid point in that smt x fe will never see the light of day

i look forward to the leaked / scrapped project being available for emulation in a decade

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Isabeau and Flynn are a cool team and I look forward to seeing the two of them together in SMTxFE whenever it may or may not come out.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Playing DS:Overclocked and Black Frost is hee best, ho. He deserved more than a cameo in DS2. Hopefully they fix that in Break Record (Record Breaker?).

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vengarr posted:

Sending the cat into space to fire the Ion Cannon was also pretty awesome.

I feel like I missed out on something really special.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Vengarr posted:

Playing DS:Overclocked and Black Frost is hee best, ho. He deserved more than a cameo in DS2. Hopefully they fix that in Break Record (Record Breaker?).

I love how he's 3x bigger than every other demon :v:

Yeah lets not get into Atlus' pricing decisions like that other place and focus on what really matters: Persona 4 Dancing All Night. Did they ever release more info or trailers yet? I want to know the song lists.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
We only got that recent trailer with Yosuke, Kanji, and Chie.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

cmykjester posted:

I feel like I missed out on something really special.

They're both on PS3 as PS2 classics if you have one.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Vengarr posted:

black frost is a really cool dude

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Vengarr posted:

Sending the cat into space to fire the Ion Cannon was also pretty awesome.

It's an old school space trip which means it's only a one way ticket, so no it wasn't awesome. :(

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Iceclaw posted:

It's an old school space trip which means it's only a one way ticket, so no it wasn't awesome. :(

He got better though.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I have a question out of pure curiosity. Is there an in universe explanation that explains why humans are naturally immune to light instant kill magic?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Hama is "banishment", not "killing". We're native to this plane, bam - immunity.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

DARKSEID DICK PICS posted:

Hama is "banishment", not "killing". We're native to this plane, bam - immunity.

Ah, gotchya. Thanks

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Manatee Cannon posted:

They're both on PS3 as PS2 classics if you have one.

Yeah I have a PS3. I'm just still busy banging my head against nocturne right now. I'm just don't have as much time for JRPGs as I did in high school :(.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

That's why I wish they were on Vita. It would be so perfect! :sigh: Or at least Steam so I didn't have to have a PS3/PS2 plugged in.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et7a4bM7n3M

this games gonna own

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

lol. this is so much nothing holy crap

there is no physical way to pack so much nothing into a video without the help of the cast of seinfeld

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2

What the gently caress is this poo poo, I knew it before I even clicked on it that it'd suck but jesus

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
it's an announcement for a game they're gonna make. i dunno what else you were expecting. it doesn't have any gameplay footage because they decided to announce it really early in development.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I want to punch demons with Ike and Hector.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Got DS:O finally, it's a fun game!

Does the VA get better or am I better off turning it off? Also, is there anything the patch doesn't fix I should be aware of?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Reminds me of the Duke Nukem moving clipart video from E3.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Junpei Hyde posted:

Got DS:O finally, it's a fun game!

Does the VA get better or am I better off turning it off? Also, is there anything the patch doesn't fix I should be aware of?

I think the VA's pretty good but you may want to just turn it off if you're finding it grating. There's one character in particular who everyone says brings the quality of the VA way down despite actually being perfect and spot on for said character.

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012

It's sort of balanced out by the fact that the whole Atlus catalog goes on sale on the eShop all the time while a lot of the first party and other stuff is perpetually stuck at $40
By the way people were talking about the PQ marriage dungeon a few pages back, I have been wondering is it possible to marry Koromaru?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

I think the VA's pretty good but you may want to just turn it off if you're finding it grating. There's one character in particular who everyone says brings the quality of the VA way down despite actually being perfect and spot on for said character.

Specifically, Yuzu and Naoya's voices aren't doing it for me. Atsuro's is pretty good though.

E: Also, can I fuse demons, or is it just the auction thing?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
Yes ypu can end up married to the dog and the comment is that the world will never accept your love.

Now that I'm on the clock tower I'm trying to figure out how the group date cafe fits into the story for Rei

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Junpei Hyde posted:

Specifically, Yuzu and Naoya's voices aren't doing it for me. Atsuro's is pretty good though.

E: Also, can I fuse demons, or is it just the auction thing?

Yuzu is kinda meh, but Naoya's voice is actually good.