Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

And he swells with pride when you blow harp in front of him. Try and picture that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
People in the know call it harp. People REALLY in the know call it harmonica.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

The white man calls it Wind.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I stick with "The non-jew's harp" when in familiar company.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

C-Euro posted:

Also completely unrelated, I saw a picture of John Popper in a magazine on a recent flight, dude's a little chubbier than I expected him to be.

how

e:breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, dinner like John Popper

Whoolighams fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Jan 3, 2015

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Just found this show and really enjoying it so far.

Is there no link to the actual shows on their main website? Is it just a collection of show notes and links to things they've discussed, but not a link to the podcast file? I know I can get the files elsewhere, I just found it really odd the website about the podcast doesn't seem to link to the podcast itself.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Click on the RSS icon under the "Keep In Touch" section of the sidebar. And welcome.

Download the entire 442 ep archive once you feel the compulsion. The boys are on point from around episode 10 onwards.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

shadow puppet of a posted:

The boys are on point from around episode 1 onwards.

ftfy

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

shadow puppet of a posted:

Click on the RSS icon under the "Keep In Touch" section of the sidebar. And welcome.

Download the entire 442 ep archive once you feel the compulsion. The boys are on point from around episode 10 onwards.

Thanks for this. Adblock was killing that section on each page, so I wasn't even seeing it.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Thanks for this. Adblock was killing that section on each page, so I wasn't even seeing it.

Avatars that remind me of Ultima 8 to the front of the line.

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

Thanks! :tipshat:

DannyTanner
Jan 9, 2010

New The Best Of ft. UYD goes live on Monday.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DannyTanner posted:

New The Best Of ft. UYD goes live on Monday.
I've never understood these. So they run a podcast on chopping up other people's podcasts into one unlistenably long file of the "best" stuff? Seems pretty sketch to me.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Uh, they actually own

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
As someone who has done a runthrough of all the eps twice its nice to have some files that have all the prime cuts when you just want concentrated comedy

sooooo

mcvey posted:

Uh, they actually own

It would be sketchy if it was a paid podcast and they were giving away content but its all free

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It just seems to me that in an industry that's as reliant upon subscriber/download numbers as podcasting is, taking someone else's work and rehosting it elsewhere seems a bit iffy. I haven't seen any podcasters complaining about it themselves though, and they do link to the official pages for the shows, so I guess it must not be that big of a deal.

The only one I ever checked out was the first one they did for the 2012 UYD's and I found myself wanting to just download the individual episodes and listen to those again, if you enjoy them though don't let me stop you from listening.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

bango skank posted:

It just seems to me that in an industry that's as reliant upon subscriber/download numbers as podcasting is, taking someone else's work and rehosting it elsewhere seems a bit iffy. I haven't seen any podcasters complaining about it themselves though, and they do link to the official pages for the shows, so I guess it must not be that big of a deal.

The only one I ever checked out was the first one they did for the 2012 UYD's and I found myself wanting to just download the individual episodes and listen to those again, if you enjoy them though don't let me stop you from listening.

If they're downloading the highlights one of two things happen: they like the show or they don't. If they like it the result is obvious. If they don't the result is obvious. You said yourself you wanted to download the eps after you were finished.What's the scenario where it's eating into anyones numbers?

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."

bango skank posted:

If it helps, Jonathan and Seth talked about The Best Of on the show when the first Best of UYD was released and plugged the site, so they don't seem to mind.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
UYD Thread: Best of Podcasts to the Back of the Line

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
It's hard for me to picture the UYD guys getting mad at a best of compilation without suffering some kind of sitcomesque personality-changing concussion.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
They jokily took a jab at the 2013 (I think) compilation for owing them royalties or something, but only after thanking those guys for making the compilations, and making each one longer than the one before.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Holy christ, this Hollywood Game Night stuff is some of the funniest podcast material I've heard in a while. Whenever Seth stops watching it, someone needs to put a supercut together of all the HGN bits.

DannyTanner
Jan 9, 2010

http://www.thisyearcollection.org/2015/01/96-uhh-yeah-dude-2014.html

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Bolek posted:

If they're downloading the highlights one of two things happen: they like the show or they don't. If they like it the result is obvious. If they don't the result is obvious. You said yourself you wanted to download the eps after you were finished.What's the scenario where it's eating into anyones numbers?

Basically this. And to be fair on every episode of This Year they do tell you to go back and listen to the original episodes and where to find them. I've found those collections great for getting people into the show.

Moose Milkie
Sep 6, 2007

:cthulhu::respek::ghost:
COME ON GET INVOLVED
THERE'S A MOOSETERY TO SOLVE
HANG AROUND WITH MOOSE MILKIE

ROVER HERE!!!!!
They're perfect for long road trips. I'm thinking I'm gonna save listening to this until the next time I go down to Florida.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

lots of celebrity name game stuff, they know what's up

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

Trabandiumium posted:

lots of celebrity name game stuff, they know what's up

Also very classy that they incorporated end-of-show plugs from both the studio and the live appearances.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
"What kind of soup is that?"
"It's milf soup, dog"

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Hey all. Which episode of this show was is where they kept saying "NAPTIME, JEW." Thank you in advance for the help.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

http://uhhyeahdude.com/index.php/wiki/Episode_082/

Is the origin. But they've had "Naptime Jew!" binge callouts in later episodes.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Thank you.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

apples and bowling balls, dude

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock
Man I haven't had any regrets only working through the old eps and never listening to new ones even as they come out until all this talk about Celebrity Name Game

I've been listening to UYD for 2 years now from episode 1 and am only up to #254 and have never listened to a new one but all the talk about Celebrity Name Game makes it tempting to skip ahead, it seems like the perfect storm of television designed to make Seth go completely bonkers

Is there a youtube clip of one of the segments so I can get a little taste of Name Game action to hear what I'm missing? Maybe it'll tide me over until 2 years from now when I finally catch up to the new episodes.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I'd say don't rush it. Celebrity Name game itself is so stupid that it angers me (despite never actually watching the show myself) You don't need that evil in your life. You don't need to have:

"He got fired for talkin' slick to his producer!"

pop in your head at random and have it cause you to seethe.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Damo posted:

Is there a youtube clip of one of the segments so I can get a little taste of Name Game action to hear what I'm missing? Maybe it'll tide me over until 2 years from now when I finally catch up to the new episodes.

I'm pretty sure this was one of the first Hollywood Game Night segments and it pretty much established the pattern that all the future segments would follow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep9FgnPYNH4

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

if you like the show why don't you listen to the new ones as they come out and catch up on the archive in between

it's not like there's a multi-season storyline to panic about

weirdo

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
that guy pops in once a month to remind us that he is listening his way through the archives and hasn't listened to the new ones yet as if he is accomplishing something worthy of note and not just being a total goofus.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Which episode is it where seth talks about pretending to be mute at the restaurant, i gotta hear that again.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

a starwar betamax posted:

that guy pops in once a month to remind us that he is listening his way through the archives and hasn't listened to the new ones yet as if he is accomplishing something worthy of note and not just being a total goofus.

meh I listened from 1 to whatever was current at the time, probably 250s. But it also only took me like 4-5 months to get current cause I was a maniac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Crankit posted:

Which episode is it where seth talks about pretending to be mute at the restaurant, i gotta hear that again.

Ep. 15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb3VnwjPuIc