Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

TailsButtholeGuy posted:

haha. dad music! dadrock guys!

jesus christ

how does it feel being a dad? congrats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

The REAL Goobusters posted:

how does it feel being a dad? congrats

It means I'm the opposite of you goonlord, so pretty alright!

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one

TailsButtholeGuy posted:

It means I'm the opposite of you goonlord, so pretty alright!

wow sick burn

just kidding :getout:

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Some real top-level burns flying all over the goondome today.

Bingo
Aug 18, 2003

VeggieSmuggler posted:

Search for Human Saxophone

Found it, thanks.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
I've been called a dad, which implies I've successfully made an adult life for myself. Now that's a sick burn

tell me more of the great artists of our current generation. :allears: what's the latest and greatest in alt rock? has kanye dropped a new album lately?

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

TailsButtholeGuy posted:

I've been called a dad, which implies I've successfully made an adult life for myself. Now that's a sick burn

tell me more of the great artists of our current generation. :allears: what's the latest and greatest in alt rock? has kanye dropped a new album lately?

Go to sleep dad

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
autechre is really good

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

TailsButtholeGuy posted:

I've been called a dad, which implies I've successfully made an adult life for myself.

Yes everyone who has ever popped out a child is a successful adult.

Ok.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:
Can we stop speedrunning the :goonsay: competition and get back to enjoying speedruns yet

The commentary is a bit dry but this run is pretty good otherwise. What's the big difference between Fusion and Evolution?

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
anyways the best dadrock is definitely Yes, followed by Wishbone Ash and Gentle Giant

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Rock is dead yo

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Chocolate Donuts posted:

Can we stop speedrunning the :goonsay: competition and get back to enjoying speedruns yet

The commentary is a bit dry but this run is pretty good otherwise. What's the big difference between Fusion and Evolution?

Fusion has slightly diffrent physics, and the tracks get crazier faster, so it's more fun to watch in my opinion. It's final levels are also harder and more impressive to watch, but that's basically it.
Oh and it's 20 minutes longer :v:

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

tails butthole guy,

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
This thread got shittier than a Trials run with commentary by SA Goon Gildersneeze who scammed the Prevent Cancer Charity with a terrible agdq 2015 trailer

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
guy likes a band I don't. what an rear end in a top hat! i'll tell him to get out the speedrun thread that'll show him :master:

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

OVERESTIMATE

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
God he demolished some of those final levels and they took me days to beat sometimes.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

49s over, cancer wins

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

That "recovery" one didn't really seem like a glitch to me.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

just a couple platinums, no biggie

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

No big deal, just casually 0 faulting way of the ninja :wtc:

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

"Ooh, closed casket funeral."

Good on them for having a video queued up of the result they're trying to get rather than try something for 5 minutes then say "oh well. :("

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

It wasn't the most mind blowing run but I can tell him and the couch guys are super huge fans of the game, and good friends, and that's what I like seeing from speedrunners the most. :3:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Just came in at the end of this to see him get flung across the track. Must have missed a good run.

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

I am actually really excited for Pilotwings, seen a few streamers do it before and it's pretty cool. And it's a race!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Cronodoculous posted:

It wasn't the most mind blowing run but I can tell him and the couch guys are super huge fans of the game, and good friends, and that's what I like seeing from speedrunners the most. :3:

Speaking of someone who's played Trials that was loving mindblowing

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax

Golden Goat posted:

Just came in at the end of this to see him get flung across the track. Must have missed a good run.

naw the guy went over estimate and then had to show just how hard the game is

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

MVP posted:

look at how dumb you are

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Setup time is my least favorite time, not because i don't like downtime, but because I have heard every single song that gets played but I just can't remember where they're from.

Like, this is level one of...something, right? The song while he started talking.

EDIT: Not the one with the horns, which is from...Banjo-Kazooie? Just guessing from the tone.

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

MVP posted:

It was a donation incentive

(Though I do agree he was kind of stroking himself off at the end there)

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah the people who thought that was boring clearly have never played trials evolution before. That was amazing.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

flatluigi posted:

look at how dumb you are

what is it with people being assholes all the time on here

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:

TailsButtholeGuy posted:

Nah that guy was making GBS threads on a really impressive, skilled run that just happened to go over estimate while still being fantastic. :v:

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

I don't know what they just did to the microphone but now it's coming in with some high pitched poo poo on the right speaker and it's driving me crazy :(

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Also while I'm asking broad questions about AGDQ, who are the characters on the banner with Shantae and Cadence? Looks like a redhead with a furred collar and a weird cat thing in a bowtie and spiffy cap.

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

flatluigi posted:

Speaking of someone who's played Trials that was loving mindblowing

Yeah, but for us uninitiated folks, it just looked like a dude playing a game well. I swear the people in the room were going to rebel against some of the early applauses the couch started. I think he won everyone over at the end, though.

Edit:

Boxman posted:

Also while I'm asking broad questions about AGDQ, who are the characters on the banner with Shantae and Cadence? Looks like a redhead with a furred collar and a weird cat thing in a bowtie and spiffy cap.

That's Red from Transistor and one of the guard cats from Battleblock Theatre.

Cronodoculous fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Jan 9, 2015

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I just realized I have never seen so many pasty people in one room before.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Seriously though everyone go pick up Trials Evolution, game's fun as hell and really hard

TailsButtholeGuy posted:

It was 46 seconds over estimate and the dude can 0-fault every extreme track, i feel I'm justified calling someone harsh words like 'dumb' for thinking that wasn't impressive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

Al Borland posted:

I just realized I have never seen so many pasty people in one room before.

I did once, but it turned out it was just a mirror facing another mirror.

• Locked thread