Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

The Southern Dandy posted:

The 261 is my favorite tier X arty as well. The CGC is made of sads and missed shots.

*Take a shot in the T92*
*Misses by a mile*
*Wait 50 seconds and think about what you've just done*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Hellsau posted:

Don't be so tsundere baka*

T/N Note - baka means idiot.

You know it's only a short drive for me to shoot you in the face, Hellsau-san.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

The Southern Dandy posted:

You know it's only a short drive for me to shoot you in the face, Hellsau-san.

I'll just keep an eye out for your sexy pinku* car.

T/N Note - same joke.

Frag Viper
May 20, 2001

Fuck that shit

Infected posted:

SS advertised the Battle Assistant mod, so now everyone who plays arty runs it. It helps all the pubs who don't get firing arcs, so you get what looks like a general increase in accuracy with artillery.

Holy poo poo, how did I miss this? I just installed it and it feels like a hack.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Is battle assistant included in OMC or Aslain's because I'd like to try it out but can't find it in there.

Whatever I'll stop being a lazy rear end and just do it manually.

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jan 8, 2015

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Axetrain posted:

Is battle assistant included in OMC or Aslain's because I'd like to try it out but can't find it in there.

Whatever I'll stop being a lazy rear end and just do it manually.

It's included in Aslain's yeah.

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.

CitizenKain posted:

I finally unlocked and purchased the M41 last night and holy poo poo. Mine is stock aside from having the top engine and its a joy to drive. Like a pre-physics T-50-2. Had to move my T37 crew up to it, so I wish they'd hurry up with the 6th sense change.

That change would help me a lot. It's kind of a crutch coming from Xbox. If you are looking in the general direction of an enemy tank and they are looking at you, you get an exclamation point whether you can see them or not and then the sixth sense perk works like normal when you finally get that. The default doesn't help with getting shot in the rear end or sides but it is useful. The change seems better then even the Xbox system.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Tanks.. with SweetFX running to tweak the graphics. Splitscreen below left side is without, right side with.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

Valle posted:

Last night, while trying to sleep, my brain told me that it's too bad there's not going to be an Italian tree. Not because the tanks would be anything special or whatever, but because they'd go great together with a soundpack made from this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skb2gKR7rOk

Or Allo Allo.

Upon battle start, this could play.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

demonR6 posted:

Tanks.. with SweetFX running to tweak the graphics. Splitscreen below left side is without, right side with.

Whoa, that's definitely noticeable. How did you do that? I used SweetFX once some time ago for a different game and I've forgotten all of the ins and outs.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Yeah, the answer to the challenger is to just free xp past it. It also isn't helping that if you don't have 6th sense, it gets horrible real quick. A pos pop gun at tier 7 is hilariously bad. I can't even pen the loving lfp of a tiger 2 with gold because I was slightly higher thanks to the small caliber. The 3002db's 88 is better than this at the same tier. Hell, you are a bulky tier 7 "td" using a gun that the americans already outmoded by the same tier. The achilles isn't much better. It is literally an m10 at tier 6. Think about that. Yes, it has higher pen than the m10. However, it doesn't have higher pen nor higher alpha over the jackson and hellcat of the same tier. High armored t8 heavies are pretty much you either just turning sideways and walk away from the computer, or relocating. Why? That pop gun isn't going to work against them like other t6 tds can. And forget taking that same pos gun to a t9 fight. I'd rather have the ill handing 90mm the french have at t6 on the arl.

I imagine 6th sense would help me some, but these pubbies are amazingly bad so 6th or not won't save me. Also, wargaming needs to code a new mission. Damage an enemy for 2x bonus. Redeemable once a day per tank. There, that solves afk bots as they'll never see their 2x.

Edit: Challenger turret upgrade comes with a rof increase and associated shell count increase. Just for reference.

JuffoWup fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jan 9, 2015

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

I want to get into this, what do I need to know about the referral program?

-Edit, I was reading the password thread and is the situation with imbalanced mods as bad as it appears?

Baron Porkface fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jan 9, 2015

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Baron Porkface posted:

I wnat to get into this, what do I need to know about the referral program?

You send one of us the email address you want to register with, or you post said address and the rest of race, and you get an invite with instructions sent right to you.

Be smart, and stay away from this horrible game!

Welcome, fine goon!

Edit: Just play a few round vanilla then try out a modpack or something. Standard mods are pretty needed. Also, there really aren't THAT many crazy cheaty mod people.

Captain Blaargh fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jan 9, 2015

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Baron Porkface posted:

-Edit, I was reading the password thread and is the situation with imbalanced mods as bad as it appears?

I mainly play public matches, so keep that in mind.

Not that I'm aware of, though of course no one tells you they're using cheats. I almost never take hits without 6th sense ("you've been spotted!" skill) having lit up beforehand, even in arty where I hardly move all game. My understanding of the hacks is that they're unable to actually extend your view range, they just stick huge pillars up, ping the map, show lines representing where unseen enemy guns are pointing, etc, so if cheating was a problem I would expect to take loads of damage without having been spotted. Of course, cheats could be used to see the direction and composition of an assault, but that's still only one player, maybe a platoon (up to 3) out of 15 total. Given how random the matchmaking is, they could be cheating their hearts out but still lose due to being low tier or having the rest of their team be poo poo. Which happens to non-cheating, highly skilled players pretty often anyway, if this thread is anything to go by.

rockopete fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jan 9, 2015

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

rockopete posted:

Whoa, that's definitely noticeable. How did you do that? I used SweetFX once some time ago for a different game and I've forgotten all of the ins and outs.

Downloaded one of the all-in-one installers and dicked around with the settings until I found that. I can send you my settings file if you decide to install it again. Night and day difference and no impact on the FPS.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

demonR6 posted:

Downloaded one of the all-in-one installers and dicked around with the settings until I found that. I can send you my settings file if you decide to install it again. Night and day difference and no impact on the FPS.

Please do, I'd love to try it out.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

demonR6 posted:

post that poo poo here.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Baron Porkface posted:

No. A vanishingly small amount of players use any mods at all, and it's quite unlikely that you will see anyone using a mod that grants them a significant edge as opposed to something innocent like Jimbos Cross hairs or whatever

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Is there any info on what percent of players use mods? I assumed a minority but not a "vanishingly" small amount which I read as just a couple percent.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Axetrain posted:

Is there any info on what percent of players use mods? I assumed a minority but not a "vanishingly" small amount which I read as just a couple percent.

5% of the game's players can't find the "play" button. There's no stat for mod users, but that should illustrate the technical aptitude of the player base.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

rossmum posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Dan Murphy's posted:

Hi NTRabbit, thanks for the suggestion! We've passed your interest in the item on to our Merchandising team. Cheers!

Subyng
May 4, 2013
The only mod you need is a minimap mod, really.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Showing your range is the only one I can stand, which might be the minimap mod.

All these turn your reticle into some star trek space age laser poo poo is just annoying. I guess it could be useful if you're a pro clan gamer but gently caress all that noise, made it harder to hit poo poo.

Why am I the top damage dealer in my T29 in so many Tier 9 games. Goddamn POINT AND SHOOT AT poo poo WITH YOUR BIG GUNS.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Give your referral goodies to ketermuls please.

Baron Porkface fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Jan 18, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Baron Porkface posted:

Give your referral goodies to ketermuls at gmail please.

The user with this email is already registered. Invite someone else.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

thylacine posted:

Showing your range is the only one I can stand, which might be the minimap mod.

All these turn your reticle into some star trek space age laser poo poo is just annoying. I guess it could be useful if you're a pro clan gamer but gently caress all that noise, made it harder to hit poo poo.

Why am I the top damage dealer in my T29 in so many Tier 9 games. Goddamn POINT AND SHOOT AT poo poo WITH YOUR BIG GUNS.

See the previous page where I was second highest damage dealer on my team.. in an achilles in a tier 8 game. Outpaced both the isu on my team and the enemy team's isu combined.

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

demonR6 posted:

Can you post it here? I'd like to try it out too.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Subyng posted:

The only mod you need is a minimap zoomout mod, really.

FTFY!

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

thylacine posted:

Because the T29 is great. The 105mm is a great gun at that tier. And you have a bullshittium turret.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Baron Porkface posted:

One of the few good things they've done with this game is make it completely server side. The server doesn't even send information to the client that it shouldn't have, with very few exceptions (tree falling down on the other side of the map, the identity of the unspotted tank you were shot by, comparatively minor things). There are going to be people running "unfair" or sometimes outright banned mods like enhanced autoaim, but they're very few and thanks to the RNG in the game you won't even know for certain.

In 17k battles I can't point to any specific instances where I know I was killed by someone using a "cheat" mod, though there are a number I suspect. Much more frustrating and much more common are the times I've been killed by bots or morons. The people playing this game will make it bad enough for you without having to install cheat mods, don't worry about it too much.

Dunno-Lars posted:

Because the T29 is great. The 105mm is a great gun at that tier. And you have a bullshittium turret.

The T29 is a mistiered tier 8, or at least 7.5. Even when the Tiger was overbuffed - it had far too much DPM and everyone was gushing over it - the T29 was still better in general.

thylacine posted:

Actually one of the annoyances I have with the stock reticle is how asymmetric and complicated it is. I normally ended up using Anfield's version of jimbo's crosshair, which was a good balance between being simple, having a clean appearance, and not actually getting in the way of aiming. Notably jimbo's itself has a problem where the centre markers are all pretty thick, obscuring whatever I'm aiming at too much for me.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

NTRabbit posted:

The user with this email is already registered. Invite someone else.

Click on the other tab. There are separate tabs for brand new and returning players

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Baron Porkface posted:

Give your referral goodies to ketermuls at gmail please.

Sent you one!

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Desuwa posted:

Actually one of the annoyances I have with the stock reticle is how asymmetric and complicated it is. I normally ended up using Anfield's version of jimbo's crosshair, which was a good balance between being simple, having a clean appearance, and not actually getting in the way of aiming. Notably jimbo's itself has a problem where the centre markers are all pretty thick, obscuring whatever I'm aiming at too much for me.
You might want to take a look at some of the crosshair options they've added to the vanilla game in more recent times, they're really stripped down.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Are modded crosshair reload times still broken [due to WG being WG]? I know mine is (OMC, jimbo's I think, can't check now).

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I use Deegee's sights and mine are still busted.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

I keep a bible on the dash of my arty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S00y75ebq8

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Preach it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjKWeKqgSjk

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Is that fucken oath Aussie?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Ensign Expendable posted:

No. A vanishingly small amount of players use any mods at all, and it's quite unlikely that you will see anyone using a mod that grants them a significant edge as opposed to something innocent like Jimbos Cross hairs or whatever

There's an awful lot of doublespeak in the password thread for such a rare phenomenon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Fairly spergy question if anyone knows:
Was the German flak 88 gun designed to be able to engage tanks/bunkers etc as well as being an AA gun, or was its handy-dandy double use simply discovered during its use in the Spanish civil war - presumably they were operating on a tight budget there and might have just made do, then found it to be pretty useful? I thought the former, but I haven't been able to find anything proving it. A good source either way would be very useful.