Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
I love the music in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Please excuse the blind post, but is there any chance the OP or second post will be updated with highlights before the weekend starts?

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

timp posted:

Please excuse the blind post, but is there any chance the OP or second post will be updated with highlights before the weekend starts?
Yes.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
I assume they're using Xsplit for the stream, right? (Paging UraniumAnchor)

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

androo posted:

Obs streamer actually, it's free.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
OBS, yes. XSplit is a pile of rear end and crackers. (And the deinterlacing options aren't as good.)

Edit: As an example of XSplit being bad, we have a secondary machine for the Skype devs capturing the stream mirror feed, because Skype itself doesn't like the capture card and XSplit has a fake capture card output option which we feed into Skype.

All it's been doing for the last 24 hours or so is just sitting there so I can watch the stream output on the far side of the tech station, and every six hours or so the preview framerate drops like a stone and I have to restart XSplit to get it to come back to a watchable state.

Meanwhile all that's happened on the actual stream box, which has FIVE capture cards in it, is a couple of blue screens related to the lovely Avermedia drivers.

UraniumAnchor fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jan 9, 2015

Paused
Oct 24, 2010

Kikas posted:

Oh man they finished it! Gotta watch this after AGDQ, was waiting for it.

Coincidentally this Jak 2 runner is the author of that TAS.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Thanks! :D

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

androo posted:

Nowadays XSplit is not needed unless you're still on XP or otherwise stuck with DirectX 9.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Apparently, the run is bad, or something? If the runner didn't keep saying, "This is bad," I don't think anyone would be noticing. It's still interesting.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
Some people are just harsh on themselves when things go slightly wrong.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I missed the explanation, how is he hovering?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

8 minutes in and he already starts apologizing. I swear, Jak games are cursed at marathons or something. Those and Ratchet games never seem to be consistent enough to behave for a marathon.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

dpbjinc posted:

Apparently, the run is bad, or something? If the runner didn't keep saying, "This is bad," I don't think anyone would be noticing. It's still interesting.

The guy does TASes, he's likely a perfectionist. He probably subconsciously expects to get similar results in his real-time runs.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

"I'm sorry, you don't have to watch this"

Jesus this guy needs to chill out.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Canadian stereotypes confirmed quick

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
awwww, this is just making me sad.

chin up little buddy the run is fine enough to watch :smith:

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Negative Man Runs Jak II.

:negative:

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

dpbjinc posted:

Negative Man Runs Jak II.

:negative:

This turned the run from sad to hilarious for me.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
God drat Jak II is boring compared to the first and third games. No wonder I never finished it.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

SatansBestBuddy posted:

God drat Jak II is boring compared to the first and third games. No wonder I never finished it.

Yeah, it doesn't do the GTA thing well at all. Also, it's so loving dark. Would it kill them to put in some more lighting?

homphgomph
Nov 23, 2007

So that's what that feels like
Not sure if it's been mentioned but the Tetris/Pacific Rim shirt is up on the Yetee

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

homphgomph posted:

Not sure if it's been mentioned but the Tetris/Pacific Rim shirt is up on the Yetee

They aren't stepping in unison :catbert: goddamn it Yetee

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW

timp posted:

Just use this reddit page which actually updates

http://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/2ra5rw/agdq_vods_thread_2015/

Ones to watch so far are probably

Dark Forces 2
Battleblock Theatre
I Wanna Be the Boshy
Super Mario Bros The Lost Levels
Super Kaizo World
Super Monkey Ball Deluxe
Tetris Grandmaster
Town With no Name
Ninja Gaiden Relay
Trial Evolution?

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

Man, the runner makes this seem so easy.

Also, some of these french voiceovers really are godawful.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

How long does it take between donation and it being confirmed in the list?

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Jak 2 was such a disappointment to me at launch. I was expecting more of the same as the first Jak and instead ended up with a mediocre sandbox game.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
wait is that KungFu Jesus doing the announcements for AGDQ?

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

It definitely feels like donations have slowed down over the past day or two. I was pretty surprised when I woke up today and they still weren't past $600k. Hopefully things will pick up with the more popular games coming up.

Wikiman
May 30, 2011

CharlestonJew posted:

wait is that KungFu Jesus doing the announcements for AGDQ?

Yep.

I feel like at least this has gotten a bit more chill as the run went on. It's pretty pleasant background noise.

e: And just as I said that he gets really down on himself again.

Wikiman fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jan 9, 2015

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Did Metal Gear Solid get bumped off the schedule? I swear it was coming up next last I checked.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I would throw in the TAS block (though there is a lot of waiting around) and at least Trio the Punch if not the rest of the awful games block.

Shovel Knight and They Bleed Pixels had devs on Skype and were fun, if not mindblowing.

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW

jerkstoresup posted:

Did Metal Gear Solid get bumped off the schedule? I swear it was coming up next last I checked.

The schedule says 'Setup Gear Solid Green', later on there's a 'Setup: The Final Frontier'

Just sounds like a funny name for setup before Pokemon.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I just came in for French Jak 2, they running this version cause it's faster or something?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Donation incentive I imagine. I haven't tuned in today.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

HGH posted:

I just came in for French Jak 2, they running this version cause it's faster or something?

There was a bid war between French and Korean, that's all.

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.

jerkstoresup posted:

A ground Zeroes run literally takes about 5 minutes at most, they can fit it in unless setup is a huge pain.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

KFJ is the best announcer.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

HGH posted:

I think it's just for the bad voiceovers, there was a bidding war for French or another language.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

CrashCat posted:

I would throw in the TAS block (though there is a lot of waiting around) and at least Trio the Punch if not the rest of the awful games block.

Shovel Knight and They Bleed Pixels had devs on Skype and were fun, if not mindblowing.

Also the Portal two players one controller run was really fun and worth adding too.

• Locked thread