Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

ArfJason posted:

the only filter that could make your posts better is the Generate Noise one

Tasing people in Siphon Filter was amazing and I wish more games had that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

I saw Steam's "Anime Weekend Sale" and immediately thought of this thread. :3:

Does anyone have tips for Dungeon of the Endless? A few games in a row now, I've had what felt like a winning combination, only to get to Floor 12 or so and suddenly get no Dust. Like, I've explored half this damned floor, and can only power two rooms, and I get wrecked by the massive floods of enemies that spawn. Is this normal, or am I just getting RNG-hosed? (And if it's normal to be that Dust-starved, what type of characters/equipment should I be looking for that can survive the encounters at that level.)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Tasing people in Siphon Filter was amazing and I wish more games had that.

it's Syphon for gently caress's sake

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

ullerrm posted:

I'm going to have to give Hatoful Boyfriend a playthrough soon. Finished Recettear so that was fun. I wish the sale had Valkyria Chronicles in it since it's a good game that more people should play.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

ArfJason posted:

it's Syphon for gently caress's sake

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm going to have to give Hatoful Boyfriend a playthrough soon. Finished Recettear so that was fun. I wish the sale had Valkyria Chronicles in it since it's a good game that more people should play.

Ehhh gimme those games

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

ok im convinced that when you were a kid in your savage asian hometown you got acupunctured too hard in the head

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

ullerrm posted:

Does anyone have tips for Dungeon of the Endless? A few games in a row now, I've had what felt like a winning combination, only to get to Floor 12 or so and suddenly get no Dust. Like, I've explored half this damned floor, and can only power two rooms, and I get wrecked by the massive floods of enemies that spawn. Is this normal, or am I just getting RNG-hosed? (And if it's normal to be that Dust-starved, what type of characters/equipment should I be looking for that can survive the encounters at that level.)

Yup that's normal, the last floor is a swift kick in the genitals.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

ArfJason posted:

ok im convinced that when you were a kid in your savage asian hometown you got acupunctured too hard in the head

The Cerebral Bore was fun.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
should i play sleeping dogs or dead rising 2

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

I had a bunch of people tell me to play Hatoful, and I grabbed it during the Steam sale... but I can't help but think I've been trolled into buying a terrible game. Please post if it's actually interesting.

The funny thing is, I loving loved A Hate Story, despite hating every single character interaction in it. I was basically just reading it for the diary entries, drawing out family trees and poo poo on a notepad and playing armchair anthropologist, trying to figure out what the gently caress had happened on that ship. "Yes, yes, let me skip this anime garbage so I can go back to unearthing how your crazy little society ended in a mass genocide."

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Excels posted:

Sleeping Dogs is basically GTA4 except that it's set in Hong Kong and you play a psychotic undercover cop.
Dead Rising 2 is basically Dead Rising 1 meets Madworld.

They're both pretty good, in my book; Sleeping Dogs has a good story but the gameplay drags on a bit, while DR2's story is complete inexplicable garbage but the gameplay is pretty fun. Play them both, but if you only have time for one, play Sleeping Dogs first.

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Excels posted:

sleeping dogs

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

ullerrm posted:

You need to make your own dust in the last floors. Heavily fortify a few chokepoints and leave rooms around them deliberately unpowered so you can farm enemies early on before the gently caress You waves start spawning. The basic layout I used was a tear gas module, a bio-organic transference module and KIP cannons in all the rest of the slots, once you've built up a bit of dust just line the rooms leading into them with more KIP cannons and a neurostun module if they have a good number of slots. Really you want to already have your economy 90% sorted before you even arrive at the final floors, squirrel away for the winter and all that.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Excels posted:

typing of the dead

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Excels posted:

Both, because they are really good.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

The Cerebral Bore was fun.

im going to put your posts on the next voyager so that we finally get an excuse to make a real life xcom as aliens come to retaliate

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Don't play DR2, play DR2: Off the Record. Having a fun protagonist really helps that game.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

ArfJason posted:

im going to put your posts on the next voyager so that we finally get an excuse to make a real life xcom as aliens come to retaliate

That was kind of the plot sort of for a game you just reminded me of that I haven't played in forever:

I remember having fun with this.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i would like to fuse the sum of the sexual tension between Widestancer and arf Jason into every games poster in equal parts to create a forum worth reading manned by hate posting demons thereby fulfilling the prophecy and summoning lavos to destroy both of you in a fiery death and ending the world

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

That was kind of the plot sort of for a game you just reminded me of that I haven't played in forever:

I remember having fun with this.

i have the Memento memory problem and posts like this remind me exactly why I must kill you

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

hubris.height posted:

i would like to fuse the sum of the sexual tension between Widestancer and arf Jason into every games poster in equal parts to create a forum worth reading manned by hate posting demons thereby fulfilling the prophecy and summoning lavos to destroy both of you in a fiery death and ending the world

what

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

isnt that part of the plot of the game his avatar is from

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
please stop shouting what at me like I'm fuckin seth rollins

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

ArfJason posted:

i have the Memento memory problem and posts like this remind me exactly why I must kill you

That feel when your lovely aftermarket ps1 memory card with massive storage deletes everything for no reason

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

what did you guys get with your christmas funbux at the Game Stop

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
we can create a world in which all things are filtered through poorly thought out references to good games

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

That feel when your lovely aftermarket ps1 memory card with massive storage deletes everything for no reason

I have a 100 dollar donation from A.Jason: Long time watcher, first time donating. My friend has brain cancer and terminal faggotry, and I wish to get the Halo Plasma Sword replica to put her out of her misery. I enjoy swimming butterfly style in my sewer system, engorging myself with feces and dubious lumps of greenish soft matter. My dick gets hard thinking about the wastes entering my every pore, and I relax my sphincter, allowing the fluids to go Hoover Dam on my rectum. Shoutouts to Trihex.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Hello I want to play a video game which one should I play?

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Ahundredbux posted:

shadow of the colossus

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Ahundredbux posted:

Shovel Knight or Super Metroid.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Ahundredbux posted:

ArfJason posted:

Bejeweled 3, binding of isaac, counter strike go, lethal league, lunatic rave 2, luftrausers, pacman championship edition dx+, race the sun, spelunky, super hexagon, trackmania, burnout paradise, dark souls, EYE, lovely planet, one finger death punch, risk of rain, toki tori 2+, trine 2, ys oath in felgana, dustforce, english country tune, fez, rayman legends, waveform, broforce, bookworm adevnture deluxe, bully, deus ex, morrowind, ftl, midnight club 2, orcs must die, peggle, pinball fx2, plant vs zombie, puzzle quest, spacechem, thief 2, uplink, vampire masquerade, antichamber, bastion, batman arkham asylum, arkham city, bionic commando 2009, bionic commander rearmed, bit trip series, braid, chime, crayon physic, FEAR, guacamele, hotline miaim, mark of the ninja, metal slug 3, painkiller black, stalker, saints row 2, super meat boy, splinter cell chaos theory, typing of the dead, vvvvvvvv, edge, critter crunch, machinarium, noitu love 2, stanley parable, driver san francisco, ikaruga, bleed, squarelogic, insanely twiste shadow planet, metal gear rising, olliolli, tower of guns, sonic generations.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Ahundredbux posted:

any megaten game

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

hotline miami is actually really good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcM_JrdSJSU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Excels posted:

hotline miami is actually really good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcM_JrdSJSU

Whoa no way really?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

hubris.height posted:

any megaten game

No thanks I don't like the anime

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
just compromise and play jet set radio with the hot line miami ost on

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Ahundredbux posted:

the Shinji Megaman Sensei series is good, in my opinion

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Ahundredbux posted:

oh very well then just play halo while listening to anything by rise against enjoy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

ArfJason posted:

the Shinji Megaman Sensei series is good, in my opinion

man phone auto correct is the worst

• Locked thread