Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

ForkBanger posted:

I, ForkBanger, oath Fuhatsu, a madman with a gatling gun, for January.
He's a 32mm Malifaux model, on a 50mm base.
what a great model!

jodai posted:

I, jodai, oath these models: Francis Mallory, Quill and two Paragons(Soda Pop Miniatures 32 mm)

thiswayliesmadness posted:

After Oathbreaking Nov and skipping Dec due to work going full tilt and a half, it's time to get back on the horse n' make up for lost time:

I oath for January 3 goblin snipers, 4 mawbeasts, 2 commando captains, 1 marauder warlord, 2 commando pyros, and 11 commandos all by Mantic
Did you post a Save Da Whales post for your November Oath?

Oaths Accepted!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
I never did post a Whales for 'em, but had been using my little free time in Dec to try and kick them up a notch for full urban camo and wasn't sure if that would invalidate them. For example, my gob stunt bot used to look like:

But now looks:

Also did some minor base work on a few since I wasn't happy with how the rubble turned out. I'd like to try and camo them all next month with a whales oath if it's still valid.

thiswayliesmadness fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jan 9, 2015

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

thiswayliesmadness posted:

Also did some minor base work on a few since I wasn't happy with how the rubble turned out. I'd like to try and camo them all next month with a whales oath if it's still valid.

I would say they'd be fine for Whales-in (Leperflesh to confirm, I think) - I would look at it as you didn't quite finish them in November and now you're finishing them.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

krushgroove posted:

Indeed! November photo albums are headed straight to the judges, posthaste!

e: speaking of which, :siren: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR NOVEMBER OATH IS IN THIS PHOTO ALBUM! :siren:

When this post is 6 hours old I will send this link to the Judges!

To give everyone a chance to look through the November Oaths I'm waiting an extra 6 hours before sending the link to the Judges (that's about an extra 4 hours from the time of this post), so please have a look and let me know if your Oath is missing!

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

krushgroove posted:

drgnvale see the link above to claim your prize! email me with your prize choice! krushgroove169 @ gmail.com

Hey Krush, he's already contacted me with his prize selection and mailing address. I just need to zip over to the post office and pick up some more medium-size flat rate boxes. :v:

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

krushgroove posted:

what a great model!

The model is rad, but he's bobbins in-game. Them's the breaks.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Determined, not to be the last judge with results in this time around…

:barf: I AM JUDGING YOU!!!!! (for November) :barf:

First Place (3 points): Moths Admittedly, I’m partly biased because I’m in the middle of putting together a US Armored Rifle Company for Flames of War. Mostly, though, it means I’ve recently wrapped my head around how tiny those little 15mm mans are, and what a loving nightmare it is going to be to paint them, let alone get them to look halfway decent. Then this Moths guy comes along, and paints his 15mm dudesmen like they are 28mm dudesmen. The color choices are what one would expect from a historical WWII game, but it’s the fiddly details that really let things shine through here. Sure, those Allied stars and serial numbers are decals, but that unit insignia on the side of the halftrack? Pure freehanding talent. And the stubble on the gunner in the cupola? Who the hell does that with a 15mm model? Hell, who CAN do that with a 15mm model and not have it look like garbage? Moths can, that’s who. Lots of stuff to like here – you put out a whole platoon, and still managed to make it look really, really good. Well done!

Second Place (2 points): Android I’m the first to admit that I like me some cartoony miniatures. I like miniatures that are meant for the gaming table, where the highlighting translates well enough that you can distinguish detail from 3 to 4 feet away (the distance from which one generally views models during a game). You’ve got that style of painting down-pat. The color selection is great. The shade of green you use adds a nice bit of warmth and vibrancy, without going over the top. It’s a really nice balance between bright and colorful and grimdark. You’ve mastered the art of the accent color - the red, purple, and white touches really make it stand out and zing without overwhelming things. Finally, the scratch-built lobber is awesome. Given a chance, who wouldn’t use livestock to weaponize a beer keg?

Third Place (1 point):Slimnoid You’re always an outstanding and prolific painter, but it’s really cool to see the variety of models you do well. Freehand? Check. Great weathering and rust? Check. Solid color selection? Check. Smooth color transitions? loving STOP IT ALREADY! Actually, please don’t stop it. Please keep doing it and keep posting pictures of them on SA. Picked the dreadnought as the picture because I really like the overall effect, and the base makes me feel warm and tingly.

Journal Bonus (1 point): Signal You continue to put out good, consistent painting, but it’s this guy who really caught my eye. His face is incredible. The eyes are well-painted while remaining very subtle. The scar blends in nicely with his face. Hell, it even looks like his lips might be shaded appropriately. The thing that caught my eye, though, was the stubble. You nailed the theme without doing a bit of sculpting. All brushwork. All realistic. All well-executed. Congrats!

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Additional oath: A Nephilim Bloodseer and a converted Gorax
Privateer Press.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Late start again this month, so I'm gonna have to lower my expectations from a full command squad to just one dude.

I, drgnvale, oath for the month of January 1 space marine veteran on bike with a banner.

My intention is to freehand the banner (although I may do the print a picture and paint over it trick I did for my last banner) for this month's journal, so hopefully I get that looking good enough!

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

I, Dagon, oath this GI Joe Toy that looks sort of like a Sicaran

Tracks and wheel are bare plastic. Bases not included, they are just getting it to monitor height.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Iris of Ether posted:

Hey Krush, he's already contacted me with his prize selection and mailing address. I just need to zip over to the post office and pick up some more medium-size flat rate boxes. :v:

Right, forgot drgnvale sent me an email about it already!

Red Shoe posted:

Additional oath: A Nephilim Bloodseer and a converted Gorax
Privateer Press.

drgnvale posted:

Late start again this month, so I'm gonna have to lower my expectations from a full command squad to just one dude.

I, drgnvale, oath for the month of January 1 space marine veteran on bike with a banner.

Dagon posted:

I, Dagon, oath this GI Joe Toy that looks sort of like a Sicaran

Oaths Accepted!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

We're two weeks into into 2015, and a nasty respiratory infection has already lost me 6 lbs! So why not get a jump on another resolution:

I, moths, oath one WWI British rifle section and one officer.
These are 28mm from Renegade Miniatures, I'll be using them with the Chain of Command rules.

Germ posted:

(3 points)
:dance: This made my day!

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Germ posted:

2nd Place (2 points) – Signal. I started here being heartily impressed with the Infinity figs. Good, solid color schemes. All of those fine lines on that Infinity armour can be easy to mistakenly fill in and over-paint, so that fact that you’ve kept stuff clear here is noteworthy. Of course, you may have micron-penned it after painting, but it doesn’t matter. The effect is the same, and I’ve seen enough sloppy pen-jobs to know that it’s not easy. The backpack on Tarik does a particularly nice job of showing off your technique. The blue really pops, and the color is great (though watch out for the occasional but of fuzzy primer!). You had my attention until I saw the Owlbear. With the wild yellow eyes. And the fez. And the freehand Shriner’s logo. Hells yes. That’s when you got my points. Great showing this month! (Also, that's a really clean freehand logo!)

Germ posted:

Journal Bonus (1 point): Signal

Thanks Germ! I'm not really sure how one uses a micropen, but the lining is just brush. :)

Oath!

Picture is kinda fuzzy, but that's two Geckos from Infinity/Corvus Belli, in 28mm

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

moths posted:

We're two weeks into into 2015, and a nasty respiratory infection has already lost me 6 lbs! So why not get a jump on another resolution:

I, moths, oath one WWI British rifle section and one officer.
These are 28mm from Renegade Miniatures, I'll be using them with the Chain of Command rules.

Signal posted:

Oath!
Picture is kinda fuzzy, but that's two Geckos from Infinity/Corvus Belli, in 28mm

Oaths Accepted!

Germ
May 7, 2013

Signal posted:

Thanks Germ! I'm not really sure how one uses a micropen, but the lining is just brush. :)

Which only serves to make your painting more awesome!

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
My Tau aren't complete yet, so this is a WIP pic, but they've already won the painting competition at the local GW!

Of course, this would have been more of an achievement if more than one other person had entered, or if that person had bothered to stick arms on his firewarriors :smith:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Galaspar posted:

Of course, this would have been more of an achievement if more than one other person had entered, or if that person had bothered to stick arms on his firewarriors :smith:

Hey, a win's a win!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Galaspar posted:

My Tau aren't complete yet, so this is a WIP pic, but they've already won the painting competition at the local GW!

Woohoo! Default! The two sweetest words in the english language! ;)

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
:ussr::pcgaming:OATH COMPLETE!:pcgaming::ussr:

The Jurnal is the freehand iconography on the Taurox, and the troops and vehicle are a themed group as well.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
Let's start out small.

I WhiteOutMouse Oath one chaos marine on a horse. GW minature, 28mm.

Converted Chaos Knight kit with 40k chaos space marine backpack, arms with pads and head. Regular marine grav gun.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
Got some speed painting done on my oath today. Done all 4 in just about 12 hours

And some close ups of the finished guys

thiswayliesmadness fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Jan 13, 2015

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
drat, almost half of the month is already gone and I haven't oathed anything. Well, January should be sort of quiet, so I'll have bunch of time to paint.

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath one Orc Standard Bearer, one Typhus, four Blightkings and one Maulerfiend. Three of the Blightkings have been converted with 40k bits to be used as Obliterators. Everything is 28mm GW except the bases are from Secret Weapon and the Maulerfiend's head is from Raging Heroes.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Let's start out small.

I WhiteOutMouse Oath one chaos marine on a horse. GW minature, 28mm.
Converted Chaos Knight kit with 40k chaos space marine backpack, arms with pads and head. Regular marine grav gun.

Lord Hypnostache posted:

drat, almost half of the month is already gone and I haven't oathed anything. Well, January should be sort of quiet, so I'll have bunch of time to paint.

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath one Orc Standard Bearer, one Typhus, four Blightkings and one Maulerfiend. Three of the Blightkings have been converted with 40k bits to be used as Obliterators. Everything is 28mm GW except the bases are from Secret Weapon and the Maulerfiend's head is from Raging Heroes.

Oaths Accepted!

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
I, The Supreme Court, oath the monsters from Kemet for January. Matagot games, various scales (board game pieces)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

The Supreme Court posted:

I, The Supreme Court, oath the monsters from Kemet for January. Matagot games, various scales (board game pieces)

I can't see 'American Samoa' or even 'Pago Pago' on your phone's screen but I've let someone go on this earlier this month because it's clear that the picture was taken this month and this year. But I can't let this go again (I should be more stringent on this, really) so I will have to insist the next person to do this same thing retake the picture. However, although I'm sick I'm still in a good mood so Oath Accepted!

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
That's my fault, sorry! I've not oathed in a while and forgot it had to be Samoa. Here's a proper timestamp:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

The Supreme Court posted:

That's my fault, sorry! I've not oathed in a while and forgot it had to be Samoa. Here's a proper timestamp:

Aw, thanks for reposting, you were already OK but now you're really OK! Oath Accepted! again!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Where has the month gone? Time I got to oathing!

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for the month of January 2015:
1 Morkanaut

28mm from Games Workshop.

Sorry for the bad pic, but it should be readable. My lovely phone randomly decided it's not gonna connect to websites today. It's a much darker red in real life.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Zark the Damned posted:

Where has the month gone? Time I got to oathing!

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for the month of January 2015:
1 Morkanaut

28mm from Games Workshop.

That's certainly some red primer there! (I hope it's primer, it's quite glossy-looking!) Oath Accepted!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Yup it's primer, the flash made it look ultra glossy. Army painter Dragon Red :)

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Addition!

Zondcat, Moriarty, and a Lunokhod Sputnik from Infinity/Corvus Belli - 28mm

LaikatheSpaceDog
May 1, 2014

I, Laika the Space Dog, Hereby Oath:

1 Mordheim Dude (GW), covered in Greenstuff and mounted on a sheet of plasticard ; A creepy picture frame assembled from my bitz box.

I may be going off the deep end this month... anyway, the picture frame consists of pieces from:

Zinge Industries
Maxmini
Games Workshop
Wargames Factory
Pegasus Hobbies
Mantic Games
Old Military Model Kits That I Don't Remember What They're Called

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Signal posted:

Oath Addition!
Zondcat, Moriarty, and a Lunokhod Sputnik from Infinity/Corvus Belli - 28mm

LaikatheSpaceDog posted:

I, Laika the Space Dog, Hereby Oath:

1 Mordheim Dude (GW), covered in Greenstuff and mounted on a sheet of plasticard ; A creepy picture frame assembled from my bitz box.

I may be going off the deep end this month... anyway, the picture frame consists of pieces from:

Zinge Industries
Maxmini
Games Workshop
Wargames Factory
Pegasus Hobbies
Mantic Games
Old Military Model Kits That I Don't Remember What They're Called

OATHS ACCEPTED!

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Another Oath Addition!

Kum Biker, Kasym Beg, and Kasym Beg without a bike.

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

:ducksiren:NOVEMBER JUDGMENTS:ducksiren:

1 Point - Indolent Bastard

Lovely choice of colors on the die bearer, I'm really into that bluish silver beard. He'd look great with a wide variety of die colors, I bet. Your 6mm spearmen are also particularly nice, I like the variety in the clothing as well as the bright shield designs. The designs themselves have a uniform simplicity that works really well.

2 Points - Under 15

A great spectrum this month, from rank-and-file to mounted boss and beyond. Industrious to say the least, and these all look great. The scheme you've been building is showing such versatility. The boss is eye-catching and appropriately gaudy, and those squigs are delightful, but my favorite element might be the weight and arm of the catapult. Something about the purple, silver, green, and orange cohabitation is just nailing it so hard.

3 Points - Signal

Holy crap, these look like people I could know and talk to. Needless to say, excellent work on the faces. Their personalities are displayed well, I like how calm they all seem to be. On task. The cyan has some nice bright highlights, that's good stuff. A wise choice in the dominant saturated color.

Bonus Jurnal Point - Deanut Pancer

That's a finer ork than most orks get to be, for sure. I especially like the metallics. The rainbow mohawk, though, is fantastic. Especially combined with his no-bullshit glare. Made me smile!

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I Raphus C oath 4 Ork bikers, GW 28mm:

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath two Infinity models (both Haqqislam, one Hunzakut, one Janissary) by Corvus Belli, plus four small flyer wing stands, from Dystopia Wars, by Spartan Games

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Signal posted:

Another Oath Addition!
Kum Biker, Kasym Beg, and Kasym Beg without a bike.

Raphus C posted:

I Raphus C oath 4 Ork bikers, GW 28mm:

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, oath two Infinity models (both Haqqislam, one Hunzakut, one Janissary) by Corvus Belli, plus four small flyer wing stands, from Dystopia Wars, by Spartan Games

Oaths Accepted!

Bachtere
Sep 25, 2005

09/13/07

Never Forget

Pillbug
:ducksiren: November judgment! :ducksiren:

Third Place, 1 Point: Red Shoe

Love the gradient from light to dark on the armor for these guys. Great weathering on all the armor and metals on your jacks, and cool bases once again.

Second Place, 2 Points: Android

Great bases on your orcs. Love the style of painting as well, well defined highlights, limited palette makes everything pop.

First Place, 3 Points: Slimnoid

Awesome ,just awesome. Look at those god drat bases, rust, hazard striping, weathering on the hazard striping, lighting effect from the wires, all without looking busy. Great look on the sword and banner of the marine.

Jurnal, 1 Point: Signal

Your faces this month were also super cool and expressive. Both the hair and the stubble on this dude are above and beyond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Additional oath: 5 Trollkin Champions
Privateer Press.

• Locked thread