Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Anime Bluray extra features usually involve the VA doing something. Like footage of events or some random segment they shot with the VAs to add on to the bluray.

A lot of VAs do a uprising amount of non-VA work like events, weekly radio shows (sometimes with video), random live action shows like cooking shows (Yasumoto) or playing video games (Sugita).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

PaganGoatPants posted:

That's weird.

The anime industry is as bizarre as the stuff they animate.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
Sugita just does whatever the gently caress he wants and gets away with it because he's the best.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Second half has begun, and things are looking great (but hectic). Aoi gets a major upgrade and it looks like the team might finally get assembled by conincidence. Go Zuka, I know you'll win that audition. The plot demands it.

DiabloCthulhu
Mar 23, 2013

nielsm posted:

Second half has begun, and things are looking great
They sure are!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Was not expecting the second-half powerup to come so soon!

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

DiabloCthulhu posted:

They sure are!

We have a thread for this!

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Yep, that owned. I feel kinda bad for Miyamori, even though she'll probably do a relatively good job. I say relatively because plot will probably throw some bat poo poo her way again.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I'm such a nerd, I had to stop the video to identify the five airplanes in the new opening.
IAI Kfir, Saab Viggen, Mitsubishi F-1, McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom, and the last one was the hardest - maybe a MiG-23? If so whoever is flying that one will die horribly.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

StandardVC10 posted:

I'm such a nerd, I had to stop the video to identify the five airplanes in the new opening.
IAI Kfir, Saab Viggen, Mitsubishi F-1, McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom, and the last one was the hardest - maybe a MiG-23? If so whoever is flying that one will die horribly.

Why such old fighters? Where are the F-22s, PAK FAs, J-20s? Hell, I'll take a late 4th gen Typhoon or Gripen.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

sincx posted:

Why such old fighters? Where are the F-22s, PAK FAs, J-20s? Hell, I'll take a late 4th gen Typhoon or Gripen.

Older fighters have a bit more character, it would probably be easier to tell them apart for the non-plane-otaku. Plus the F-1 and the Phantom have a strong Japanese connection.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

StandardVC10 posted:

Older fighters have a bit more character, it would probably be easier to tell them apart for the non-plane-otaku.

Huh, I guess people in Japan don't play Battlefield much?

Edit: vvvvvv lol. Lets get all this out of the way: iraq invasion casualties, military contractor filling up vending machines getting bombed, swamp house with mismatched windows, load bearing drywall. Did I miss anything?

sincx fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jan 8, 2015

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

sincx posted:

Because the characters might have to cross the international dateline at some point.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

StandardVC10 posted:

If so whoever is flying that one will die horribly.

Please do explain for us non-nerds.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

ViggyNash posted:

Please do explain for us non-nerds.

The MiG-23 was/is a Russian interceptor that has a reputation of being very demanding to fly. The United States had a special unit where they test-flew Soviet fighters in the Nevada desert, and their smuggled-in MiG-23s crashed twice (granted, once was because of the pilot being an idiot, and a lack of spare parts and full documentation made the flying more dangerous that it would be for the Russians regardless.)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Also, to explain the dateline joke: the F-22 has lots of electronics in it. The very first time a flight of F-22 was flying to Japan, when they crossed the dateline their OS coudln't handle the change of date and promptly crashed, causing the F-22s to almost crash too.

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys

sincx posted:

I think they're going for an Area 88 reference

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The latest episode was really great. I was half expecting the dolls to show and comment when she was told about her new responsibilities.

Mikl posted:

Also, to explain the dateline joke: the F-22 has lots of electronics in it. The very first time a flight of F-22 was flying to Japan, when they crossed the dateline their OS coudln't handle the change of date and promptly crashed, causing the F-22s to almost crash too.
A four hundred million dollar plane using less than four hundred dollar software? :downs:

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

StandardVC10 posted:

The MiG-23 was/is a Russian interceptor that has a reputation of being very demanding to fly. The United States had a special unit where they test-flew Soviet fighters in the Nevada desert, and their smuggled-in MiG-23s crashed twice (granted, once was because of the pilot being an idiot, and a lack of spare parts and full documentation made the flying more dangerous that it would be for the Russians regardless.)

Not as bad as I was expecting, honestly, but being the most difficult to fly does suggest being most likely to crash and burn.

Poil posted:

A four hundred million dollar plane using less than four hundred dollar software? :downs:

We did go the the moon and back on less than a cheap cellphone, so that's not all that fair.

The moral is most likely to bug-test the poo poo out of any software that could kill a person. Good thing that Civilization bug didn't caused actual nukes to launch...

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jan 9, 2015

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!
Ok, so the new show is looking more and more like Girls und Panzer with planes.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Mikl posted:

Nonsense it wasn't a bug the plane was simply trying to put its pilot into the ocean to protect them from the effects of time-travel.

But I digress.

Being told "hey you're in charge of getting pretty much everything done now" must be simultaneously hugely gratifying and immensely terrifying.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

A somewhat odd thing I noticed.
The new ending song is performed by the "Donuts Quintet", nothing surprising there. However, it was written and composed by Momoi Halko. Has she stopped performing her own things now, or did they just get her to do something unusual for this show?

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

nielsm posted:

A somewhat odd thing I noticed.
The new ending song is performed by the "Donuts Quintet", nothing surprising there. However, it was written and composed by Momoi Halko. Has she stopped performing her own things now, or did they just get her to do something unusual for this show?

Dunno about her solo career, but she did ED1 as well.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Oh man that manga editor(?). They somehow made a character more insufferable than Tarou in roughly 30 seconds of screen time.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Super Jay Mann posted:

Oh man that manga editor(?). They somehow made a character more insufferable than Tarou in roughly 30 seconds of screen time.

I think when a studio has a real person as a model (which I'm sure they do for the douchbag agent), characterization becomes easy because they don't have to make up as much.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
The question is if he is better or worse than Maeno-san.

Better, because I'd rather have a free hand than an blindly striking iron fist.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Got a few weeks behind, glad I finally caught up. This show has a way of warming the cockles of my heart - it's got a lot of heart to it.

That said, I'm not sure what I ought to take from one fragment of Aoi's subconcious accusing another of being a lolicon. :v: Also, hope Yano isn't out of the show for too long, I rather liked her.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Super Jay Mann posted:

Tarou will save the show by being the only one who can communicate with that guy.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Super Jay Mann posted:

Yeah. Anyone else have this slight suspicion that he's going to try his darnest to ruin the anime by constant, and late, requests/demands from the author he keeps neglecting to tell them in a timely manner? Deliberately or not.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Super Jay Mann posted:

I don't think he's the editor of the manga, and is just a rep from the company who publishes the manga. Pretty much a PR guy of sorts, which would definitely explain his attitude.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Super Jay Mann posted:

Now all he needs to do is insist they shoehorn in tanuki everywhere.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

Paracelsus posted:

Now all he needs to do is insist they shoehorn in tanuki everywhere.

And then MC will forever be known as that Tanuki gal.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
The second half of the show is off to a fantastic start and I can't wait to see the voice acting auditions next week! Zuka-chan, gambatte!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i found it kinda weird how little they knew about planes (wow there are different things such as spy planes and bombers???) but maybe im just a nerd that knows a lot about planes

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Not everyone is a dork.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

yeah but not knowing basic poo poo like that? one of the two is at least a college grad and shown to read a lot of books, seems like basic knowledge

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I think you're overestimating how much people know or even care about planes

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Yeah, if you don't play video games and don't watch many war movies then I would say it's pretty easy to know nothing about how military aviation works other than fast jets shoot stuff.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Put it this way, I've heard people say that Ukrainian Su-25 went and shot down a plane >3km higher than it.

Partly because they don't know the difference between a fighter and an attack plane, and partly because they are credulous idiots anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Apparently the reason Tarou is so insufferable is because he's based on Tsutomu Mizushima, who is directing Shirobako. The director is using Tarou as a way of beating up on his younger self's idiocy and unprofessionalism.

Goes to show even people like Tarou can rise to become respectable professionals.

• Locked thread