Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Yes.

Burikko – Ranfan gives someone a loving look and dazzles them. Also, Ranfan shrieks when someone is about to hit her, then hits them when they go to help her.
Heat Fist – She uses air friction to heat her fist and deliver extra damage when punching.
Stripping – Ranfan strips down to her pink panties and pink bra to shock male opponents.
Giant Heart – A giant heart that expands outward, hitting the opponent. Used in Dragon Ball: Origins.
Hearts Spinning – Either pink hearts that spin clockwise around her, or red hearts that spin anticlockwise and more quickly around her. Used in Dragon Ball: Origins.
Small Hearts – One or three hearts that she fires directly at the opponent. Used in Dragon Ball: Origins.

Those DBO attacks completely miss the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
I've been rewatching Dragonball (now in the Roshi/Krillin episodes) and what has really struck me about the show is that Goku's inherent goodness really works well in stark contrast to all the perverted/selfish/dishonest characters around him. It's a show with characters who have very real and very adult flaws. What's interesting is how Goku wins out every time. An American show which had this level of "adult content" would be a very cynical show and a character like Goku would be shown to be a dumb rube. These episodes of Dragonball seem almost nostalgic or wistful. It's like wish-fulfillment on how a messed up world really should work created by someone who knows how it really does.

Goku's personality kind of sucks when nobody around him is flawed in a non-evil way.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
This wiki is very informative

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Very, very informative.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Does anyone know if Xenoverse is going to have an American PC beta? Or is it too late for all that since the game is a little more than a month away?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
It's definitely a bit too late.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Mordaedil posted:

It's definitely a bit too late.

I didn't know if they'd do one of those "server capacity test" things before launch that a lot of MMOs do these days.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

New Leaf posted:

I didn't know if they'd do one of those "server capacity test" things before launch that a lot of MMOs do these days.

I am not entirely sure how the hub world will work in Xenoverse, but my guess is that it will take the approach sort of like Phantasy Star Online does things, in which case server capacity test isn't very high on the list, as the main meat of the game sort of off-loads the entire thing to players sort of connecting in a direct connection route or somesuch magic I am not aware of.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Holy gently caress what kind of hard on does DBM have for Bojack? They've got another special awaiting them apparently

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

Firstborn posted:

original do not steal

(This is what Xenoverse was made for. I can't wait for that game.)

Man gently caress that, your saiyan character isn't allowed to have a tail in Xenoverse!

On the whole from watching a few youtube videos, the character customisation seems really poor in Xenoverse, with like only ten different haircuts and poo poo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Shyrka posted:

Man gently caress that, your saiyan character isn't allowed to have a tail in Xenoverse!

On the whole from watching a few youtube videos, the character customisation seems really poor in Xenoverse, with like only ten different haircuts and poo poo.
You unlock character's from the show's haircuts and outfits and poo poo by training with them/doing missions.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Only a handful of haircuts and faces? How is that not the true Dragonball experience?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It took me less than five seconds to make Krillin in Dragon Quest 9. I'd like to beat that record with Xenoverse.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Nooooo...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/09/dragon-ball-xenoverse-sees-a-slight-delay

Edit: Oh wait, not America, yay!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

facebook jihad posted:

Holy gently caress what kind of hard on does DBM have for Bojack? They've got another special awaiting them apparently

I have no loving idea and I hope it isn't coming for a long time.

Also, Lee, Clem, and Ellie cameos. :allears:

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I wish there would be a sequel to Attack of the Saiyans. Dragon Ball Final Fantasy is a good game, and honestly a little better than the weird card game RPGs that were on NES & SNES. And way better than the action RPG treatment in the GBA games.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Attack of the Saiyans was pretty cool, yeah. I liked how Raditz had an expanded role.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It ended with a Frieza teaser, but Monolith is too busy doing Xenoblade.

I liked how Yamcha was the best character in the game because you could just pump up his damage and give him the equip that like doubled his attack but halved his defense and Wolf Fang Fist would oneshot Broly.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Spiritus Nox posted:

Also, Lee, Clem, and Ellie cameos. :allears:

Right next to Claire from RE and Nick Angel from Hot Fuzz. I'm sensing a zombie theme in these cameos.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NcQcNwmkwg

There's a usable scouter in Xenoverse. :vince:
(Also shows some super and ultimate attacks for created characters)
There are 200+ ways to extend your arm and fire a laser with a weird name!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Endorph posted:

It ended with a Frieza teaser, but Monolith is too busy doing Xenoblade.

I liked how Yamcha was the best character in the game because you could just pump up his damage and give him the equip that like doubled his attack but halved his defense and Wolf Fang Fist would oneshot Broly.

The Perfume, right? I think you get that midway through the game, too.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IceCZ4LgyKA
This is a video of datamined costume options for Freeza race. Keep in mind they are separated into at least 4 parts, so they can be mixed and match. There's some really cool stuff here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foVOvb8RWmc
Same thing with Nameks. They can wear Mr. Satan's fro!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyOhJkaplys
Male Majin. Do you want to be King Kai? They also have Future Trunks outfit in Fat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8V3dbMMkXs
Accessories. Poop on a Stick.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jan 9, 2015

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Firstborn posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IceCZ4LgyKA
This is a video of datamined costume options for Freeza race. Keep in mind they are separated into at least 4 parts, so they can be mixed and match. There's some really cool stuff here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyOhJkaplys
Male Majin. Do you want to be King Kai? They also have Future Trunks outfit in Fat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8V3dbMMkXs
Accessories. Poop on a Stick.

Clown suit for Freeza race

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
the image on the buu one makes it look like you can put a giant heart on his chest.

Kingdom Hearts Crossover Incoming. It has weird Time Travel poo poo too!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Firstborn posted:

I was originally wanting to be a Majin but I really want to be the champ.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

The delay now hits America and Steam too. Bummer. Looking like the end of February now.

After looking at the Namekian clothes, I really just want to have an option to toss off my armor like Piccolo.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Testekill posted:

I was originally wanting to be a Majin but I really want to be the champ.

Everyone can be The Champ. Namek, male and female Majin, male and female human and Saiyan, even the Freeza clan folks.

Everyone.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

New Leaf posted:

The delay now hits America and Steam too. Bummer. Looking like the end of February now.

What??? Noooo!

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
I can wait an extra few weeks for a more polished game.

I need to put it off as long as possible anyways, because lord knows as soon as I boot the game up the first time entire days are going to disappear before I look away from the screen again.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Esroc posted:

I can wait an extra few weeks for a more polished game.

I need to put it off as long as possible anyways, because lord knows as soon as I boot the game up the first time entire days are going to disappear before I look away from the screen again.

Yeah, it was coming out on a Tuesday and now it's on a Friday. I'm taking the day off.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
If I train with Mr Satan can I spam present bombs everytime an enemy gets too close?...like forever.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Hey guys, I haven't kept up with animated DBZ for the longest time, so I just wanna ask a couple of questions:

Is the 'Battle of the Gods' movie worth watching? Apparently it's unlike other movies and supposed to be canon, is that true?

Any indications if the upcoming 'Frieza's ressurection' movie will be good or bad?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Pureauthor posted:

Hey guys, I haven't kept up with animated DBZ for the longest time, so I just wanna ask a couple of questions:

Is the 'Battle of the Gods' movie worth watching? Apparently it's unlike other movies and supposed to be canon, is that true?

Any indications if the upcoming 'Frieza's ressurection' movie will be good or bad?

Yes, yes, and totally good given all indications.

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel

Pureauthor posted:

Well Toriyama wrote it, it pretty much is canon.

As for watching it, that depends. How much did you like the original Dragon Ball? Because the movie does well to feel as goofy as it was before the franchise became about energy blasts and world saving.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The movie is mostly lighthearted and fun and while the fights are not terrible they're not memorable either, except for Vegetas couple of seconds in the spotlight

Was the movie good though? Hell yes

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I thought the fights were pretty good, and in general thought the movie might be the best straight 100 or whatever minutes in the franchise.

The only scene I don't really like is Beerus eating sushi at the end.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I didn't like the movie that much because it was basically an entire movie of 'We can't do anything! He's too powerful for us!'

The comedy's decent though and it's charming. I'd say it's worth watching.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I don't really like Beerus vs. Goku other than when they fought underground. There's a lot of CG ( I guess ? ) and it moves like nothing else in the series, so it was hard to feel nostalgic for it.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Yosuke posted:

Well Toriyama wrote it, it pretty much is canon.

As for watching it, that depends. How much did you like the original Dragon Ball? Because the movie does well to feel as goofy as it was before the franchise became about energy blasts and world saving.

See, I take issue with this a bit. Maybe I watched it with a different thought process than most, but the original Dragon Ball's tone completely shifts around the 22nd Tenkaichi Budokai. It pretty much becomes the DBZ of the Saiyan and early Freeza saga at that point.

I know Pilaf and Red Ribbon army saga were more light hearted, but aside from maybe the first ten episodes the series was never a farce by any means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
A lot of people harp on the fact that it is amazing that Goku meets an actual deity character that he can't actually beat, but I think it's even better despite all his groveling Vegeta is the one to become strong enough to punch a God in the face and it was entirely because he hit his woman.

That was my holy poo poo this is awesome scene. And then it ramps it up.

• Locked thread