Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

DARPA Dad posted:

this last shot is a pain

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Anatharon posted:

I don't really know much about the PCF, but one of my friends was asking about what percentage of the money they raise goes towards the cause itself vs. administrative expenses and if they're registered or not in the US. Anyone have a citation for either offhand? (this person isn't a redditor or a channer)

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=5435

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
:rip:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
How is everyone still watching? Twitch is seemingly dead and the chat's freaking out.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Welp, now twitch itself died.

El Golden Goose
Jul 23, 2007
AGDQ stream, we hardly knew ye.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Okay, yeah, that wasn't just me who saw the end of that battle 3 times in a row.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Anatharon posted:

I don't really know much about the PCF, but one of my friends was asking about what percentage of the money they raise goes towards the cause itself vs. administrative expenses and if they're registered or not in the US. Anyone have a citation for either offhand? (this person isn't a redditor or a channer)

I looked it up yesterday after someone posted that the organization is a scam, and this was one of the first few results:
(e: beaten)

At the worst it seems a lot better than that ALS foundation that people were dumping water on themselves for last summer.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Takoluka posted:

Okay, yeah, that wasn't just me who saw the end of that battle 3 times in a row.

Yeah, apparently twitch died.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
Twitch is making GBS threads itself at the moment, yes.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Is Minish Cap a good run to watch, or is this my best chance to go out and buy stuff?

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

Athenry posted:

Yeah, apparently twitch died.

Oh. I was busy blaming my router, which has had hiccups all week.

Twiiiiiitch! :argh:

(Seriously, though, I remember the last two AGDQs and uptime has been much better each consecutive year, so props for that.)

Edit: vvv drat right!

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Shut down all the MOBA streams, we have some Zelda to play!

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Oh hey the stream is back oh look we missed the last 20% of the run :geno:

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

raditts posted:

I looked it up yesterday after someone posted that the organization is a scam, and this was one of the first few results:
(e: beaten)

At the worst it seems a lot better than that ALS foundation that people were dumping water on themselves for last summer.
Pcf in comparison is one of the best.

Susan g kommen for example with wwe hype, has some of the worst.

Chriswizard
May 6, 2007
I haven't seen a single complaint about the CRT buzz all thread, so props to the sound guys for that!

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Welp, Zelda games. Time to go catch up on good runs for a few hours. Anyone have a link to the Silent Hill VOD?

Nevermind, found it.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jan 9, 2015

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Somebody mentioned they had higher-quality local recordings this time, so it's not that bad.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Super Jay Mann posted:

Oh hey the stream is back oh look we missed the last 20% of the run :geno:

Awww I wanted to see Mecha-Ridley...
Welp time to hit the sack and try to stay up all day tomorrow.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Is Minish Cap a good run to watch, or is this my best chance to go out and buy stuff?

It's a lot like the Link to the Past, so you can work it out from there. I will be watching both so we can be internet buddies if you want.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Zurreco posted:

It's a lot like the Link to the Past, so you can work it out from there. I will be watching both so we can be internet buddies if you want.

He can be the Brandon Marshall to your Jay Cutler?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

As much as I like Zelda runs, I've seen the next two like 1000 times so I'll be skipping them, may watch em later or something.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Is the silent hill run crazy and glitchy or just efficient?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Go buy stuff.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's the longest zelda run that isn't oot 100% (which is an actually interesting run) so go do whatever

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Ramadu posted:

He can be the Brandon Marshall to your Jay Cutler?

I wouldn't foist that on him.

Little_wh0re posted:

Is the silent hill run crazy and glitchy or just efficient?

The latter.

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008
minish cap has great sprite work

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

DARPA Dad posted:

minish cap has great sprite work

It really is impressive for when it came out. The speed tricks are also really impressive, although Link Between Worlds recently took that trophy away.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
So I imagine this is gonna be the theme for the rest of the run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB0orilYIeA

SatansBestBuddy fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jan 9, 2015

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Zurreco posted:

It really is impressive for when it came out. The speed tricks are also really impressive, although Link Between Worlds recently took that trophy away.

Was the Link Between Worlds run at SGDQ any good?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
what's the sound link's making

is it HUH HUH HUH HUH

HA HA HA HA

AH AH AH AH

i can't decide

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
2 hours of HUT HUT HUT HUT? Sign me up.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Tracula posted:

It was amazing.

It's up there with LTTP and Link's Awakening in weird exploits.

Lonely Rolling Star
Mar 20, 2009

Better than a crowbar.
Been watching this sporadically during the week. Noticed that the announcers breaking to pimp a sponsor seems to be a bit more intrusive than previous years. Though that may just be because Tiny Build's script makes them sound like the shadiest thing ever. 'Hey! We'll make your indie games better! Honest!'

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Tracula posted:

Runner hosed up a lot of the big tricks because they were too new and unpolished but the run was OK. I would wait for a more refined run, honestly.

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008

Lonely Rolling Star posted:

Been watching this sporadically during the week. Noticed that the announcers breaking to pimp a sponsor seems to be a bit more intrusive than previous years. Though that may just be because Tiny Build's script makes them sound like the shadiest thing ever. 'Hey! We'll make your indie games better! Honest!'

morphed into an indie publisher

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ha, don't most Zelda games go faster if you roll everywhere? Although isn't one of them faster if you backflip everywhere? Either way, the sound is going to get on everyone's nerves I bet.

Leeham721
Jan 4, 2015

SatansBestBuddy posted:

So I imagine this is gonna be the theme for the rest of the run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB0orilYIeA

FAWK YEH

I'ma be 12 for the next 3 minutes

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I'm not a huge fan of Minish Cap as a whole, but it's easily the prettiest 2D Zelda game. The art style and coloring are amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008

Super Jay Mann posted:

I'm not a huge fan of Minish Cap as a whole, but it's easily the prettiest 2D Zelda game. The art style and coloring are amazing.

i enjoy the unique NPC sprites

• Locked thread