Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Aardvark posted:

"I have this wonderful bridge I'd like to sell you!"

It's called "Reaganomics" and it's selling like fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Fried Chicken posted:

And we've hit a new low

I'll defer to Paul Waldman of The American Prospect for the scum sucking reality of Huckabee hocking fake cures like this

It's great that Huckabee has a few of these kinds of red flags that'll scare off voters, because he can be a very charismatic guy and knows how to play up his more moderate views when it suits him.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Fried Chicken posted:

Can you expand on that please?

Ancedotal, however:

Recently it was discovered that not only was an official waving fees and ignoring inspection schedules for money, he was also using government resources to do independent work while supposedly doing work for his regular job.

He was caught for two reasons, one that he resisted any sort of connected software that could show what he was doing, so it made the places he could actually store documents for both his legitimate and side work very limited. Two he used government resources in a way that if anyone tried to do it by the book legitimately he would have to become involved and all the limited metrics from everyone else which would have been more robust and complete were never consistent.

5 years ago he would have gotten away with this indefinitely, only the introduction of tracking metrics to everyone around him despite his ability to keep himself unaccountable got him caught.

I firmly believe that the entire government can be largely repaired with the same methodology, the corrupt and political don't like facts and data, it really breaks the ability to do things by feeling.

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Even if they tried they couldn't win. They are the minority party and control of the CBO doesn't depend on a President's signature, so unless you expect them to filibuster the plan, it's going to happen.

I spoke with hyperbole but the most important thing for Democrats to do if they ever want to become an effective party is to make sure that facts and empiricism are respected. The act of the dynamic scoring being a rules change right now is a huge issue that could undermine the foundation of any good governance so they should be prepared to fight for the world not being run by what people feel like is good legislation like the Dodd frank repeals.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

DemeaninDemon posted:

It's only natural that cash for gold scams gravitate towards snake oil.

Bonus points for it being a cancer we can vaccinate against.

Triple points if there's a cure that's also anti-vaccination!

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Joementum posted:

Also, I don't think we've sufficiently mocked Jeb's new Super PAC yet.

A hand at the end of an arm beseeching for assistance only to be drowned in more campaign advertisements.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Buckwheat Sings posted:

Triple points if there's a cure that's also anti-vaccination!

Triple point of.... Gold?!

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Post 9-11 User posted:

A hand at the end of an arm beseeching for assistance only to be drowned in more campaign advertisements.

The white hand rising out of the blue sea makes me think of Key West after a hurricane.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Trabisnikof posted:

The white hand rising out of the blue sea makes me think of Key West after a hurricane.

It's certainly where Florida is heading!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Post 9-11 User posted:

I was thinking of a drowning immigrant.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

FAUXTON posted:

I was thinking of a drowning immigrant.

I was thinking New Orleans resident begging for help post Katrina, personally

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Fried Chicken posted:

I was thinking New Orleans resident begging for help post Katrina, personally

Hahahaha,

"Right to Rise...

...Above Helping THOSE People"

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Like a hand grabbing a star shaped nipple. Wanna tweak that poo poo.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

nutranurse posted:

Huh, this also takes care of California's water problem!

Bring it on global warming!

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Also won't ever have to hear about the Yankees or Boston sports team again.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Doctor Butts posted:

Yeah, but the capital would be moved to Chicago or something. It'd be awful.

American national politics needs to be headquartered in a muggy swampland to best reflect the political quagmire we often are forced to drudge through.

dominator
Oct 1, 2003

Load Emotion File Happy_Human.bin
Processing.....
Processing..........
*ERROR: FILE NOT FOUND*

nutranurse posted:

American national politics needs to be headquartered in a muggy swampland to best reflect the political quagmire we often are forced to drudge through.
I mean, that basically describes Chicago too?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

dominator posted:

I mean, that basically describes Chicago too?

Chicago gets too cold. :saddowns:

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

It would move to Philadelphia and that's really all there is to it.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

nutranurse posted:

And then we would see proper pizza replace the plastic on cardboard tripe currently being peddled as "pizza"

Que horror

And Chicago is already on a swamp, so there is your objection resolved

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

e^^^I honestly didn't know Chicago was also a swamp. Good to know!

Doctor Butts posted:

Philly would be underwater tho.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jericho had the new capital in Columbus, Ohio which sounds horrible so it's bound to happen.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

nutranurse posted:

Philly would be underwater tho.

Oh poo poo my bad I've only been taking quick glances at the new shoreline map to make bad jokes on the internet.

Well, HMM.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Jericho had the new capital in Columbus, Ohio which sounds horrible so it's bound to happen.

It's doable, I guess. Always seemed like there is a shitload of land around that city.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Doctor Butts posted:

Would you sunbathe on Philly beach?

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

nutranurse posted:

I'd actually be OK with this. All the southern states between Louisiana and North Carolina are sunk and my drive to the Gulf of Memphis would be less than 3 hours.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

radical meme posted:

I'd actually be OK with this. All the southern states between Louisiana and North Carolina are sunk and my drive to the Gulf of Memphis would be less than 3 hours.

Yeah but then we have southerners moving into our precious northern states, the thought chills me to the bone.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

nutranurse posted:

If this happens my alma mater will cease to exist.

"Where'd you go? The University of Houston? That doesn't even exist anymore! Was it a good school?"

EDIT: Then again by the time the sea level rises enough to wipe out Houston I'll be an old man telling my grandkids about a city called Houston. "Heh, sure Grandpa..."

Ghost of Reagan Past fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jan 9, 2015

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:siren: Ha ha ha, terrific you guys. :siren:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Doctor Butts posted:

Nonsense. The Yankees would play out of a hoverstadium built of sacks of money.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Joementum posted:

:mitt:

:giantmittvomitingmitts:

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

:getin:

Primary season's like Christmas. It's awesome and starts earlier and earlier each year.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Joementum posted:

Oh lord

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Joementum posted:

Can you imagine how hilarious this primary will be if Mitt actually gives it a go? It's too bad Hilary's practically being handed the D nomination, because maybe then we'd get to see double the antics.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the day, “Everybody in here can go tell your friends that I’m considering a run.” ~ Willard Mitt Romney.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Fried Chicken posted:

And then we would see proper pizza replace the plastic on cardboard tripe currently being peddled as "pizza"

Que horror

And Chicago is already on a swamp, so there is your objection resolved

MIGF would be even more insufferable, so it can't be Chicago.

Columbus sounds about the right level of hell, though.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Yes. Yes. :unsmigghh:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It's depressing that a party this hilariously inept in national elections has both the house and senate....

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Bonus quote of the day, "People ask if I really want to be president. I’ve run twice. Yeah, I want to be president." ~ Willard Mitt Romney.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

Bonus quote of the day, "People ask if I really want to be president. I’ve run twice. Yeah, I want to be president." ~ Willard Mitt Romney.

Ann Romney really wants to be first lady too.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Joementum posted:

A less elegant William Jennings Bryan, for a less civilized age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

quote:

During a meeting in the New York offices of Woody Johnson, the owner of the New York Jets, Romney told a group of high-level financial executives and former campaign contributors that he was troubled by the current state of foreign affairs and long-term issues with the economy.

OF COURSE.

• Locked thread