Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
This call and response "hype" thing is wierd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
That Elzo hat, though, is dope.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Lloyd Van Buren posted:

This call and response "hype" thing is wierd

HYYYYYPPPPEEEEEEEE

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The REAL Goobusters posted:

HYYYYYPPPPEEEEEEEE

HOIPE!

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

Marathon luck is in full force for the runner!

He's quite entertaining, I must say.

kuf
May 12, 2007
aaaaaa
Since they did Tetris, all I've cared about is/was Tetris

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

SatansBestBuddy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqjGEb4QtYg

Kay I can't think of anymore rolling songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pls6OyJpCWg

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

kuf posted:

Since they did Tetris, all I've cared about is/was Tetris

No kidding, I've been hunting down other TGM videos since then. Really fascinating stuff.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

what is that thing on the right of the couch

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wctmUlTTYFw

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

SWMadness posted:

No kidding, I've been hunting down other TGM videos since then. Really fascinating stuff.

KevinDDR (the guy who cleared invisible) was saying on twitter he might be streaming later so maybe more live Tetris in your future

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs7f3ssuEjA

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm so loving sick of hoipe

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Lloyd Van Buren posted:

KevinDDR (the guy who cleared invisible) was saying on twitter he might be streaming later so maybe more live Tetris in your future

Was one of the TGM dudes French, or am I remembering wrong? It'd be rad to have some streams closer to my timezone.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Thanks to early detection, my mom got cancer.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Gimnbo posted:

Thanks to early detection, my mom got cancer.

That's how vaccination works, duh.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Mr E posted:

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

THAT'S HOW WE ROLL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRldCgsYuuc

WE ROLL LIKE DIS!

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008

Mr E posted:

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Hype is funny in fighting games because its like you say it occasionally and you don't say it like a bad family guy sketch, also only the announcer says it, and the thing is they're actually hype as gently caress.

Also anyone else only catch the stream chat to catch the deeply rooted irony of people calling the players nerds.
When they are the ones who are spending nearly 8 hours of their day watching other nerds play games quickly and posting in a chat that no one reads or has an original idea in.

But then you go deeper and consider I'm skimming it on occasion, but then I see something stupid and just minimize both side bars.

Also they should tone it down on games that take over an hour and begin set up on an opposite set up within 5 minutes of time on the last game being streamed.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

SectumSempra posted:

Also they should tone it down on games that take over an hour and begin set up on an opposite set up within 5 minutes of time on the last game being streamed.

How much equipment do you think they have?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Wait, did they get 7k in donations during Minish Cap alone?

e: Nevermind, it just dawned on me that it's been 2 hours.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Runs almost over, time for one last roll song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auzfTPp4moA

SatansBestBuddy fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jan 10, 2015

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Awfully quiet for an ALttP run.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Anyone know what the speedrunning community's stance on emulation is? Are you instantly a scrublord if you don't play on the original console?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Your Computer posted:

Anyone know what the speedrunning community's stance on emulation is? Are you instantly a scrublord if you don't play on the original console?

Depends on the game, most are fine with it if you use the right version of the game/emulator, but many tricks in, say, OoT work way better on the original console due to deadzone and such.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Zurreco posted:

Awfully quiet for an ALttP run.

People are still at work at two timezones in North America, and those that aren't will filter back in now that Minish Cap is done.

Your Computer posted:

It varies from sperg to sperg.

A lot of the time it seems to be "Emulation is great for practice, but you had better do your real runs on an actual console"

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Your Computer posted:

Unless I'm mistaken, tool-assisted speedrunning is mostly done on an emulator, if that floats your boat.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Your Computer posted:

Depends on the game and emulator. Basically, if everything you do can be done on a real console with the same results, then whatever. But slowdown where a console would have none, odd visual or sound glitches, and of course anything that affects how the game plays are all factors that lead to people preferring consoles over emulation.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010

Your Computer posted:

Streams/ races on SRL are fine with it. But SDA will not accept emulated runs.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Your Computer posted:

Unless a game or an emulator has some terrible emulation or unfair advantage through emulation most people don't care. Lots of people at the very least practice poo poo on emulators for obvious ease of use reasons. You can even race most games on SRL on emulator with people not really caring although they'll probably want you to stream in that case so you can show you're not using speed up or savestates.

CanUSayGym
Aug 19, 2006

Hmm? Vincent van Gogh fuck myself?
Survey says?

SectumSempra posted:

Hype is funny in fighting games because its like you say it occasionally and you don't say it like a bad family guy sketch, also only the announcer says it, and the thing is they're actually hype as gently caress.

Also anyone else only catch the stream chat to catch the deeply rooted irony of people calling the players nerds.
When they are the ones who are spending nearly 8 hours of their day watching other nerds play games quickly and posting in a chat that no one reads or has an original idea in.

But then you go deeper and consider I'm skimming it on occasion, but then I see something stupid and just minimize both side bars.

I forget there are side bars

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Your Computer posted:

Official runs can't use them but livestreams are welcome to do so as far as I know. We have rejected a bunch of runs at SDA for being run on emulators even when fancy tricks/glitches weren't a factor.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Shinobi 3 run was pretty awesome, if you haven't watched I would advise you do so.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Zurreco posted:

Official runs can't use them but livestreams are welcome to do so as far as I know. We have rejected a bunch of runs at SDA for being run on emulators even when fancy tricks/glitches weren't a factor.

Would bsnes runs count?

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

SatansBestBuddy posted:

How much equipment do you think they have?

I've seen lots of monitors and I have an odd feeling it might just be disorganization.

and thats just streaming stuff.
They just need someone as spergy enough about tangled wires as frame perfect glitches

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008

SectumSempra posted:

I've seen lots of monitors and I have an odd feeling it might just be disorganization.

and thats just streaming stuff.
They just need someone as spergy enough about tangled wires as frame perfect glitches

i wanna just run straight through that mess of wires

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Any thoughts on what killed the donations?

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Goldeneye, FFVII, super mario RPG, Dark Souls 2, Ocarina of Time, all on saturday.
I'm guessing that's when all the donations will come in.

Also Halo 2, Also both KH games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008
What does EG mean?

• Locked thread