Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Why can't we have both?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jotaro just getting off the train in his Part 4 duds and looking over to the fountain where Josuke is playing with the turtle would be enough.

Battle Tendency's cliffhanger was perfect and in a very similar vein.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
Hello friends!
I stay out of this thread because I am the guy who doesn't want to get spoiled on material that is like 25 years old. That being said, though, is there an acceptable translation of Part 4? I mean acceptable both in translation and OK to read. Not sure if it's :files: or not. I just bought the Japanese version of part 4 (despite being rather poo poo at the language!) because I love Jojo so much but I just want to have something to check against.
I guess comedy option here is Duwang?

Thank you.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Look up The Invincible Trio, they redid Part 4's translation to allow the world to read it in not-Duwang quality. If you hunt around a little, you can even find a few volumes in color.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

duwang definitely is the 'comedy option' but it's the type of comedy that wears off really quickly so i genuinely wouldn't recommend it unless you've already read that part.

also lmao if you honestly think that arc 6 would get cut for the anime

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, if you follow ChaosArgate's advice you should find it very easily.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I hope they do an ominous badass glare intro but it's Koichi

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Don't even bother reading Duwang for the comedy, Invincible Trio kept the most iconic lines (Get a feeling so complicated, what a beautiful Duwang, I got a boner, etc) in their translation.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I really really wish people would stop spoiling poo poo in the anime thread.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I really want Voodoo Kingdom to play at some point in Egypt.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Vengarr posted:

People are going to get so drat mad when they adapt part 4, skip 5 and head straight into 6

King Crimson strikes again.

I think if they do add a sneak peek for Part 4, it should be a repeat of the scene where Joseph bumps into a Japanese person at the airport. But it's a lady this time, so he busts out The Suave on her.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

HitTheTargets posted:

King Crimson strikes again.

I think if they do add a sneak peek for Part 4, it should be a repeat of the scene where Joseph bumps into a Japanese person at the airport. But it's a lady this time, so he busts out The Suave on her.

Josuke's already been born at this point, though, hasn't he?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah he's like 3 or 4 right now, I think. Chances are, he's stuck in a blizzard in the back of his mom's car right now.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Josuke's already been born at this point, though, hasn't he?

Yeah he's 5 when this poo poo is happening. Joseph has already cheated on Suzie. A Shameful old man.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Joseph cheated some time during the trip he was taking at the end of part 2.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Joseph cheated some time during the trip he was taking at the end of part 2.

...On the airplane on the way to go bail Jotaro out of jail? Years after Josuke's birth?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ChaosArgate posted:

...On the airplane on the way to go bail Jotaro out of jail? Years after Josuke's birth?

The plane trip at the end of battle tendency takes place 3 years before the plane trip he took at the start of stardust crusaders

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

FirstAidKite posted:

The plane trip at the end of battle tendency takes place 3 years before the plane trip he took at the start of stardust crusaders

What are you talking about? They're the same trip.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

RatHat posted:

What are you talking about? They're the same trip.

drat you're right, I could've sworn the original plane trip took place earlier than the on in Stardust Crusaders. I must've confused it with when they dug up Dio's coffin or something.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah I think the coffin opening was 2-3 years before Stardust Crusaders.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

They said like 5 years I think. What I find weird is how Joseph met Tomoko and got her pregnant a few years before SC, and yet he didn't go see his family during that time. I guess if she was on a trip to America and they met there it'd be a little less weird but who knows, Araki probably didn't fully think it through.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

I am always surprised at how they manage to subtly spoil the entire show in the anime OPs.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

They said like 5 years I think. What I find weird is how Joseph met Tomoko and got her pregnant a few years before SC, and yet he didn't go see his family during that time. I guess if she was on a trip to America and they met there it'd be a little less weird but who knows, Araki probably didn't fully think it through.

Couldn't it also be that Joseph simply didn't know of Josuke's existence until years later? Of course, the obvious answer would be that Josuke didn't exist in Araki's mind at that point, but nonetheless, that's a possibility.

Aaaaaand I saw the episode, and, man, they still mention nine men and women. Looking forward to anime-only people being confused over Petshop. Maybe they'll sneak in a little scene where we see it was just a dude carrying Petshop's birdcage or something. :haw:

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
One of them could have been Vanilla Ice or Kenny G, though that would kind of contradict the whole point of introducing the 9 Egyptian Gods.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
Well in the show we have already been introduced to Pet Shop.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

One of them could have been Vanilla Ice or Kenny G, though that would kind of contradict the whole point of introducing the 9 Egyptian Gods.

The Speedwagon Foundation has observed Dio's mansion, and he has nine powerful Stand users working for him plus this vanilla dude and an illusion guy nobody likes and I guess Hol Horse too at this point also one of the nine henchmen is actually a small child and there's a bird it was very dark, okay

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Torquemadras posted:

Couldn't it also be that Joseph simply didn't know of Josuke's existence until years later? Of course, the obvious answer would be that Josuke didn't exist in Araki's mind at that point, but nonetheless, that's a possibility.

He really didn't know about Josuke until Part 4, I think that's flat out just said in that part. What I was saying was that he met and had some relationship with Josuke's mother, likely in Japan, so I just thought it was weird that Joseph was in Japan and didn't bother visiting his family. He quipped at the end of part 2 that his grandson wouldn't recognize him, so there's no way he would've seen Jotaro before Tomoko. Easiest explanation though is Araki didn't fully think it through.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

ChaosArgate posted:

He really didn't know about Josuke until Part 4, I think that's flat out just said in that part. What I was saying was that he met and had some relationship with Josuke's mother, likely in Japan, so I just thought it was weird that Joseph was in Japan and didn't bother visiting his family. He quipped at the end of part 2 that his grandson wouldn't recognize him, so there's no way he would've seen Jotaro before Tomoko. Easiest explanation though is Araki didn't fully think it through.

He definitely knew about Josuke, but I don't think they had ever met. Wasn't Hermit Purple catching that serial killer while trying to get a picture of Josuke what started the whole arc?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Irisize posted:

He definitely knew about Josuke, but I don't think they had ever met. Wasn't Hermit Purple catching that serial killer while trying to get a picture of Josuke what started the whole arc?

No, they were going over Joseph's inheritance and somehow discovered Josuke's existence, I really don't know how so yeah I guess he probably did know about him. Jotaro wasn't planning to stick around after telling Josuke about his inheritance until he found out about stand activity in Morioh, I don't think.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Torquemadras posted:

The Speedwagon Foundation has observed Dio's mansion, and he has nine powerful Stand users working for him plus this vanilla dude and an illusion guy nobody likes and I guess Hol Horse too at this point also one of the nine henchmen is actually a small child and there's a bird it was very dark, okay

They showed one of the henchmen as small in the last episode of the first season, but in this episode the henchmen all appear to be adult size. I guess the animators forgot about Boingo between seasons. They did, however, show one of the henchmen with a sword, so it seems they didn't forget about Anubis.

I'm assuming Kenny G or Vanilla Ice, not Hol Horse, was at the meeting instead of Pet Shop, since Hol Horse's appearance in "Shooting Dio" implies that this is the first time he's seen Dio since the Justice fight. Maybe Kenny and Vanilla were both there, and one of them was the guy carrying Anubis?

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jan 10, 2015

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Brannock posted:

Joseph > Josuke > Johnny > Gappy > Jolyne > Jotaro > Jonathan > Giorno

Quality of arc villain: Yoshikage Kira > Funny Valentine > Dio Brando > Kars > Diavolo > DIO > Enrico Pucci

Quality of fights/overall arc: Steel Ball Run > Battle Tendency > Stardust Crusaders > Diamond is Unbreakable > Stone Ocean > Vento Aureo > Phantom Blood

Uniscott
Sep 19, 2013
I just finished reading Vento Aureo. I'm not quite sure what happened to Diavolo, it sounds like he's trapped dying in different ways for the rest of time because of Golden Experience Requiem's attack. Vento Aureo was alright, I felt like the story went a bit off tangent towards the end though. The final bit after the last fight was a bit interesting though, seeing the gang in their day-to-day business after the story was neat. I'm looking forward to starting part 6.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Uniscott posted:

I just finished reading Vento Aureo. I'm not quite sure what happened to Diavolo, it sounds like he's trapped dying in different ways for the rest of time because of Golden Experience Requiem's attack. Vento Aureo was alright, I felt like the story went a bit off tangent towards the end though. The final bit after the last fight was a bit interesting though, seeing the gang in their day-to-day business after the story was neat. I'm looking forward to starting part 6.

The translation for the last fight is really bad which confuses a lot of people but you get the gist of it.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

That last bit was before Bruno met Giorno.

Edit: I'm up to Savage Garden and I still get into part 6. The action is very hard to follow.

KidDynamite fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Jan 10, 2015

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

also, it's not really a spoiler but vento aureo is the least relevant arc in the entire series. so, i mean, if for some reason you don't entirely understand what the gently caress happened to diavolo i can assure you that you'll be fine. stone ocean is good in any case, so enjoy it. everything afterwards is also great.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I only just now realized these are meant to be Cream circles

Also neat touch on the credits before that getting eaten away by Cream

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Ok this got a lot better. Coincidentally I also started reading the colored scans and it's helping a ton with following the action.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

KidDynamite posted:

Ok this got a lot better. Coincidentally I also started reading the colored scans and it's helping a ton with following the action.

Stone Ocean is a bit rough to follow sometimes but it's probably got some of the most hardcore fights in the series. I think you'll enjoy it once you get a feel for the main powers of the characters so you'd know what to expect when they're doing poo poo.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Stone Ocean is fantastic and Jolyne is the most badass JoJo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
I get some serious battle fatigue reading Stone Ocean after they break out of the prison. I mean it's got Bohemian Rhapsody and a lot of other fantastic poo poo but it's kind of a slog to get through until the final battle.

• Locked thread