Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Nintendo Kid posted:

c'aim

is that how youse say it in pittsburgh

I don't know, I'm from Parsippany.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Citizen Tayne posted:

I don't know, I'm from Parsippany.

grosss, parsippany is for long term stay hotels paid for by companies that want to really cheap out

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

PokeJoe posted:

yeah well what else are you supposed to do after you've killed your wife

pour some scotch?

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Nintendo Kid posted:

grosss, parsippany is for long term stay hotels paid for by companies that want to really cheap out

Amazingly enough, places change with time and the Parsippany my father grew up in back in the 1950s and 1960s may not be the same Parsippany you experienced on your way to the mall in 2002.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Citizen Tayne posted:

Amazingly enough, places change with time and the Parsippany my father grew up in back in the 1950s and 1960s may not be the same Parsippany you experienced on your way to the mall in 2002.

lol parisppany ain't on the way to paramus or moorestown (or you know, the mall in town) unless you're somewhere terrible

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Nintendo Kid posted:

lol parisppany ain't on the way to paramus or moorestown (or you know, the mall in town) unless you're somewhere terrible

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Citizen Tayne posted:

parsippany did not migrate off 287 during that time.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

infernal machines posted:

pour some scotch?

thats a cat after my ear you know *smokes cig, leans against gasoline stall* you know a guy called alvarez? well presleys what they call me!

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Citizen Tayne posted:

Pittsburgh posters: 1986 is the same as 2015:

Edgar fuckin Snyder

go post that in the pittsburgh thread to win back their hearts

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

As a Millennial I posted:

Edgar fuckin Snyder

go post that in the pittsburgh thread to win back their hearts

Everyone in that thread moved to Pittsburgh since 2007.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
bubble idea: cookr, order a meal from a local "food sharing" provider at a standard price and it's delivered, and you need to neither pay nor tip the deliverer

the "food sharing" providers are unvetted independent contractors paid a percentage who prepare meals using entirely their own facilities, recipe, and ingredients

the company uses its vast VC funding to fight any attempt at regulation for sanitation, safety, quality, or licensing because they're just connecting people who want food with those who have food to share, checkmate

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

eschaton posted:

bubble idea: cookr, order a meal from a local "food sharing" provider at a standard price and it's delivered, and you need to neither pay nor tip the deliverer

the "food sharing" providers are unvetted independent contractors paid a percentage who prepare meals using entirely their own facilities, recipe, and ingredients

the company uses its vast VC funding to fight any attempt at regulation for sanitation, safety, quality, or licensing because they're just connecting people who want food with those who have food to share, checkmate

that is literally a billion dollar idea if youre enough of an rear end in a top hat

get inside peoples heads and gently caress with their perception of reality man

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Snapchat A Titty posted:

that is literally a billion dollar idea if youre enough of an rear end in a top hat

is anyone keeping track of the bad idea jokes -> actually vc outfits itt?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
what about that idea but with health?

like, let's say you don't have insurance and also you just can't find the time to go to the dr, with healthr, a certified (by healthr) 'technician' will come to your house in a white van with a red cross on the side of it and help you with various homeopathic treatments as well as give you thinks like shots and injections as needed.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Snapchat A Titty posted:

get inside peoples heads and gently caress with their perception of reality man

I would just buy and resell Big Macs at a 5x markup.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Citizen Tayne posted:

Everyone in that thread moved to Pittsburgh since 2007.

so did i yet i know of the glory of edgar

lol deviant's new office made kunstler's list http://kunstler.com/eyesore-of-the-month/september-2013/

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

As a Millennial I posted:

so did i yet i know of the glory of edgar

lol deviant's new office made kunstler's list http://kunstler.com/eyesore-of-the-month/september-2013/

hahahaha

also get wings with me soon, I need an excuse, quit dropping out and do it.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

syscall girl posted:

is anyone keeping track of the bad idea jokes -> actually vc outfits itt?

yos combinator

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Not exactly food sharing but still lol: https://jobs.lever.co/zoomer/1a3fa789-f32d-4c05-beb4-310b946cc097

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

airbnb tried to launch a "dinner party" service which was basically cookr. never heard what happened to it after the health department disrupted the hell out of the business model.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

FrozenVent posted:

yos combinator

mods

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Shifty Pony posted:

airbnb tried to launch a "dinner party" service which was basically cookr. never heard what happened to it after the health department disrupted the hell out of the business model.

why did they let that happen? you'd think airbnb would know about just ignoring regulation you don't like

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

eschaton posted:

why did they let that happen? you'd think airbnb would know about just ignoring regulation you don't like

presumably the fda/whatever regional health department packs a little more punch than whoever regulates using private dwellings as hotels

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

presumably the fda/whatever regional health department packs a little more punch than whoever regulates using private dwellings as hotels

yep.

this is also why kickstarter no longer allows energy drink kickstarters, iirc

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

nobody fucks with the health department

no.

bo.

dy.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Nintendo Kid posted:

yep.

this is also why kickstarter no longer allows energy drink kickstarters, iirc

that and they were all pretty much going through a couple of cafe press style companies that just change the labeling and packaging to whatever you send them

are energy drinks classified as food in the states? they're health supplements or something in Canada iirc

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

airbnb is actually perfectly legal in a lot of jurisdictions (renting out your house, apartment, whatever), i don't think there's anywhere in canada or the us that allows unlicensed, uninspected restaurants to be run out of your home

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

health departments don't gently caress around, thank goodness.

some journalist in NYC decided to see what his own kitchen would rate and invited a health inspector by to check it out after he had throughly cleaned and prepped everything. it still failed.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Shifty Pony posted:

health departments don't gently caress around, thank goodness.

some journalist in NYC decided to see what his own kitchen would rate and invited a health inspector by to check it out after he had throughly cleaned and prepped everything. it still failed.

probably the sink.

you need three or so IIRC

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

FrozenVent posted:

nobody fucks with the health department

no.

bo.

dy.

if only there was someone who cared in the SEC

or someone who could not be boughahahaha

no deliberately poisoned food here but we get car loan derivatives

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

syscall girl posted:

no deliberately poisoned food here but we get car loan derivatives

at least you have your health

as long as you don't get sick at least

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

airbnb is actually perfectly legal in a lot of jurisdictions (renting out your house, apartment, whatever), i don't think there's anywhere in canada or the us that allows unlicensed, uninspected restaurants to be run out of your home

its probably legal if you're like living on an outpost in the yukon on a branch of a special trucker highway or out 50 miles from the nearest town in wyoming.

but those are places where trepfoodr.io is not going to be able to get any business going

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Nintendo Kid posted:

trepfoodr.io

inge.st

the premier foodsharing app for ice road truckers and rig pigs

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Nintendo Kid posted:

its probably legal if you're like living on an outpost in the yukon on a branch of a special trucker highway or out 50 miles from the nearest town in wyoming.

but those are places where trepfoodr.io is not going to be able to get any business going

theyre just having multiple friends over for dinner several times a day though. its not a restaurant at all.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

eschaton posted:

at least you have your health

as long as you don't get sick at least

i feel like random irresponsible food poisoning is less bad than the active destruction of an economy

we could use that money to regulate foods, for example but it goes to billionaires who sometimes do a charity

not an expert on this sort of thing but i like to pay my taxes and have them support people who need it and not bombs or w/e lines the pockets of the expletive deleted

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

syscall girl posted:

i feel like random irresponsible food poisoning is less bad than the active destruction of an economy

we could use that money to regulate foods, for example but it goes to billionaires who sometimes do a charity

not an expert on this sort of thing but i like to pay my taxes and have them support people who need it and not bombs or w/e lines the pockets of the expletive deleted

theres no difference between uber and the hopefully hypothetical foodr though

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

the uber of food would literally serve you broken glass and ebola vomit

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Beast of Bourbon posted:

what about that idea but with health?

like, let's say you don't have insurance and also you just can't find the time to go to the dr, with healthr, a certified (by healthr) 'technician' will come to your house in a white van with a red cross on the side of it and help you with various homeopathic treatments as well as give you thinks like shots and injections as needed.

i personally know doctors and nurses who would do this in order to help pay their massive massive educational bills

also it would be a good way to get pilled up

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Snapchat A Titty posted:

the uber of food would literally serve you broken glass and ebola vomit

they certainly would dodge all gubmint regulations as hard as possible to make money but people would probably figure out not to eat there, you'd hope

kinda want the media to go hogwild on jitney cabbies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

killing black people is bad, just in case,FYI, etc

• Locked thread