Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Improbable Lobster posted:

if you're really bad at metal gear 5 you get the option of wearing a chicken hat to make the game really easy.

once it's on it cannot be removed and it shows up in every cutscene

it's no raiden sombrero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

if you're really bad at metal gear 5 you get the option of wearing a chicken hat to make the game really easy.

chicken hat here i come

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

I guess the in game affect is that all the guards think you're a chicken while you're wearing that hat

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Citizen Tayne posted:

I petered out on WL2 and I'm not sure why because i've played Wasteland to completion probably 14 times. I'm locked at the rail nomads and I don't know why. The game won't hold me.

I have never played any of the Divinities.

i ran out of steam on WL2, divinity AND shadowrun. not sure turn based rpgs do anything for me anymore. or maybe those games weren't actually very good. divinity seems kinda overrated.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

i ran out of steam on WL2, divinity AND shadowrun. not sure turn based rpgs do anything for me anymore. or maybe those games weren't actually very good. divinity seems kinda overrated.

if it's the only game you play and you have a lot of free time to burn, those games are super fun and rewarding. but if you don't they seem like work and once a game passes into that realm, I have a hard time going back to it.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I don't know what game to play :(

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

gaming is dead

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ6VRJUVBdQ

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

divinity felt like it really overstayed its welcome with a setting and story and characters that were poo poo and that i didn't care about and a bunch of stupid mechanics like crafting and weapon degradation that were only in there because it's a ~crpg~. shadowrun was at least short, and dragonfall owned.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

divinity has really good coop when neither of the people playing know what is going on and just get killed repeatedly in amusing ways

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
divinity owns because it's basically a 2014 version of Ultima 7 and a bunch of other 90s pc games, and everyone has to say that they love it even though they were bored to tears because ~90s pc games~

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
ah yes let me just read a poorly written novel to suss out the incredibly vague requirements of this quest

its gabriel knight all over again

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Kirk posted:

ah yes let me just read a poorly written novel to suss out the incredibly vague requirements of this quest

its gabriel knight all over again

gabriel knight has tim curry reading the novels to you, though, so it's much better

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Al! posted:

hell yeah. I really loved the sound the save thingys made

there was a weird servo motor noise i was constantly hearing

on the most recent playhrough i found out it was the security cameras rotating to keep their view on you

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

this sounds more like a bonus than a penalty

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Gaming is dead, and it's because of the loving FEMINISTS.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

I decided to buy it. It's actually very nice! About 3" by 3" so it's pretty substantial. The metal's a little thinner than I would have wanted, but it's about as heavy as it can get without you needing to worry about it weighing down the branches of your Christmas tree. There were a couple of nicks and marks from production not buffed out but that took a couple seconds to fix with a Dremel. 8/10 buy it if you want a Pikachu on your Christmas tree.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Silver Alicorn posted:

I don't know what game to play :(

go watch the gameplay video for routine! it's probably been long enough it'll be like watching it for the first time

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

eh I just watched the sunshine run @ agdq

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

still am. but I'm kinda sleepy

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

do you have unplayed games?

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
i got ftl on the ipad and it's almost the perfect touchscreen game

it's too bad roguelikes are loving poo poo because otherwise it would be really good

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Silver Alicorn posted:

eh I just watched the sunshine run @ agdq

sms is probably the best mario speedrun

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8qK5ETmfP8

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lxdYVIpM6U

good catte

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
just wanted to say that Valve has some of the best sound designers in the industry. the Half-Life games alone have some of the best audio effects I've ever heard

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Yodzilla posted:

just wanted to say that Valve has some of the best sound designers in the industry. the Half-Life games alone have some of the best audio effects I've ever heard

there's a fair few stock sounds in those games that i've heard elsewhere unless valve recorded them originally

but yeah generally just top notch

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

same, same, and same

Yodzilla posted:

agreed

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Yodzilla posted:

Yes

Libraries or no they picked the best sounds. To this day the ar2 is one of the most convincing firearm sounds ive heard in a game

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOF3o8B292U

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

im the energy weapon

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Miley Virus posted:

there's a fair few stock sounds in those games that i've heard elsewhere unless valve recorded them originally

but yeah generally just top notch

god tier half-life sounds:

striders and their weapon in hl2
hev and health charging stations in hl1
combine rifle alt fire in hl2
the vox system in hl1
headcrab victim screams
literally every alien creature in hl1 (god i missed these in 2)

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

kalstrams posted:

im the energy weapon
i'm the pistol

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

Yodzilla posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SECNGjngzDk

also i really like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZX6oLEK5KQ

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
attention please

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

5 minutes left to the mission

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

easily one of my favorite things in any video game

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Yodzilla posted:

god tier half-life sounds:

striders and their weapon in hl2
hev and health charging stations in hl1
combine rifle alt fire in hl2
the vox system in hl1
headcrab victim screams

you're missing every time a crowbar hits a solid surface in hl1

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

half-life is basically perfection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i remember left 4 dead 1 & 2 both having some good sound design too but i'm no expert here

• Locked thread