Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I think sunshine is pretty fun to watch as a speed run because you can do a lot of cool tricks with fluud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I wonder who also thought that some enemies needed to splatter into paste when killed. Super gross seeing these happy pants wearing things become unrecognizable graffiti on the wall.

Sunshine is gross in general now that I'm watching it again.

Voyaging
Sep 5, 2014

Poultron posted:

Super Mario Sunshine is better than SM64

Not even close.

Now Galaxy, that's probably better than SM64.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

alf_pogs posted:

This year's highlights have been the Lost Levels run through, the blindfolded SMW2 Yoshi's Island run and the Shovel Knight run with the devs on the phone was great. I couldn't stand the Batman Arkham City run; too many awkward jokes from the couch.

Ugh it's been too much. I've got an alarm on my phone waking me up for the Dark Souls 2 run tomorrow morning. Somehow I get super into this despite not giving a single drat about speed runs the rest of the year.

We have a whole day left. Maybe chill out a bit until the best games get run?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I like that the blooper screams in pain when you drag it's face along the pavement. Nice touch nintendo.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

They brought back this Ricco Harbor secret level in Galaxy 2. I was so upset it didn't have the acapella music.

This speedrun has been really entertaining, there's a lot of nuts tricks.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

That button turned the stream off. Why would you press that button?!

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

You idiot! That's the time-erase button!

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Good job breaking it, hero.

It is an absolute loving TRAVESTY that Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious isn't in the top 5 for the KH song incentive.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Sunshine is a fun game and I'll never understand why so many people seem to really dislike it

Voyaging
Sep 5, 2014

flatluigi posted:

Sunshine is a fun game and I'll never understand why so many people seem to really dislike it

Living up to the expectations of one of the best games ever made (SM64) is almost impossible.

Also imo the added gameplay mechanics are a bit gimmicky. It's a good game, don't get me wrong, but it's not a masterpiece like SM64 or Galaxy.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
It's a masterpiece sorry

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I like how excited homie on the couch gets over every neat trick.

Shoutouts to the doodoo boys.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I would love a Mario game with just stuff with the secret levels.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Hey guys, I can't wait until...

... :(

9 hours from now when the Goldeneye run starts.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

nerdbot posted:

They brought back this Ricco Harbor secret level in Galaxy 2. I was so upset it didn't have the acapella music.

This speedrun has been really entertaining, there's a lot of nuts tricks.

The music in the secret stages is the best part of this game.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

bobjr posted:

I would love a Mario game with just stuff with the secret levels.

Have you heard of a little gem called literally every 3D Mario game past sunshine

Tucked In The Cut
Nov 15, 2006

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'd rather brush my teeth
with a rusty razor
than front and bullshit
with all you fakers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HoneyBoy posted:

Shoutouts to the doodoo boys.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Pretty cool how Mario breaks all his bones so he can get in the bottle.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

I think Sunshine has the best controls out of all the 3D Marios, but that's all it does best.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Zurreco posted:

Hey guys, I can't wait until...

... :(

9 hours from now when the Goldeneye run starts.

why would you skip vanquish and the revengeance dlc

McBearson
Apr 29, 2013

quote:

Really good bees, wow

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

"I hate yoshi"

stream dies right after

Deserved it scumbag.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

And we come back to the doot doot crew.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Have I missed any decent runs between Spyro and now?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Did a large donation just happen? I wasn't at my computer but I saw some dudes in chat talking about one.

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one
$100 20 minutes ago, but other than that no.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."

Mister Chief posted:

Have I missed any decent runs between Spyro and now?

Pokemon by Werster was basically a huge, continuous info dump on breaking the game. Only 20 minutes, so it didn't overstay its welcome either.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Chrona Mountain is no Bowser in The Sky,

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

flatluigi posted:

why would you skip vanquish and the revengeance dlc

I have to sleep at some point.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Mario Sunshine would have been an amazing game if it hadn't been for the required levels thing. Seeing the 100% run shows off how many extra shines there were hanging out that you have no reason to even look for if you're just playing without going for 100% because the number of shines means nothing to actually beat the game.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

pointlessone posted:

Mario Sunshine would have been an amazing game if it hadn't been for the required levels thing. Seeing the 100% run shows off how many extra shines there were hanging out that you have no reason to even look for if you're just playing without going for 100% because the number of shines means nothing to actually beat the game.

in regular, intentional play you have to get 7/8 shines from every level to beat the game

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

flatluigi posted:

in regular, intentional play you have to get 7/8 shines from every level to beat the game

Which was still required even if you collected all or none of the spare shines from the plaza, the bonus levels, and the blue coins. You still had to do 7/8 of the levels instead of being able to skip some of the crappier ones (I'm looking at you, required Yoshi levels)

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

Is it just me, or have donations really slowed down? Maybe I'm just misremembering how it looked going into the final day last year.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Chocolate Donuts posted:

Is it just me, or have donations really slowed down? Maybe I'm just misremembering how it looked going into the final day last year.

It's just you: http://irc.alligatr.co.uk/agdq14/ http://irc.alligatr.co.uk/agdq15/

e: also note that there's 150k+ from the humble bundle that hasn't been donated too

flatluigi fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Jan 10, 2015

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

There's normally a bit of a slowdown and then it gets crazy on the last day. Hell, I want to say the Save/Kill the animals managed to do 20k last year in the couple hours leading up to the run, if I remember right.

Edit: Maybe it was summer games? One of them had people going insane during the race.

pointlessone fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jan 10, 2015

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
SMS 100%...

boring

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

man this is just such a snoozer game :boehner:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
The movement tech in sunshine is really sick, that red coin shine by the windmill was crazy to watch. I really need to replay this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
He just wanted to go fast...

• Locked thread