Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Godholio posted:

So the French plan was basically for LEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY JENKINNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSS to run inside and flush out the terrorist(s) while everyone waited outside to play the pinball game with bullets instead of pushes?

Plan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Maybe they were still figuring out who was going to cast what spell and what the odds were.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Still better than a Russian plan. Flamethrowers?! That sounds like something I want to use for a hostage situation.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Casimir Radon posted:

Still better than a Russian plan. Flamethrowers?! That sounds like something I want to use for a hostage situation.

We're going to use this gas to put everybody asleep before the breach and...oh.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

That would've worked way better if they'd bothered to turn everyone on their side so that they didn't choke to death on their own puke. Hundreds of Russians dressed in their finest went the same way as Hendrix.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

That would've worked way better if they'd bothered to turn everyone on their side so that they didn't choke to death on their own puke. Hundreds of Russians dressed in their finest went the same way as Hendrix.
For them the struggle is over, everybody drink!

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'd like to know how much ammo the GIGN expended today. Shouldn't be difficult considering most of it is contained neatly into one body.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014
You kill one hostage is tragedy. You kill one hundred thirty three is statistic.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I made this for elite dangerous but it kinda fits now

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

ActusRhesus posted:

:rimshot:

seriously though...that was a hell of a lot of gunfire.

why is no one discussing how unnecessary it was for the entire French SWAT team to empty their entire clips?

Running at them with an automatic weapon is scary, theres no hitmarkers in your hud, and you dont go ragdoll like in videogames when you lose too much HP.

RonMexicosPitbull fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jan 10, 2015

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Godholio posted:

So the French plan was basically for LEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY JENKINNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSS to run inside and flush out the terrorist(s) while everyone waited outside to play the pinball game with bullets instead of pushes?

At one of the two locations the phone was off the hook so they could hear him start to loudly pray which is what they do when they're about to start some hostage shooting if the hundreds of videos these people have posted in the last few years is any indication. Or he could have seen they got his buddy on the tv in there so his demands were unmet I dunno.

Nucken Futz
Oct 30, 2010

by Reene

Two Finger posted:

so was the french response better or worse than this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZThYjiUJ8w

Thank you for this.
I think I could watch this on a loop forever, it's kinda like a Three Stooges episode, or something.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Spacman posted:

You kill one hostage is tragedy. You kill one hundred thirty three is fantastic.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

Third World Reggin posted:

I made this for elite dangerous but it kinda fits now

Hail Senator Petraeus!

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

VikingSkull posted:

:nws:http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=869_1420833044:nws:

so who was the guy they light up trying to exit

my bet it was the cop that ran in at the start, lol

Jesus loving Christ.

:frogc00l:

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

iyaayas01 posted:

I only care about it because he was director of the loving CIA when it was going on and stuff like infidelity that opens you to blackmail is kind of a big deal when you occupy a job like that.

That said I care a lot more about the fact that he was director of the loving CIA and thought it was totally cool to release classified info to someone without the appropriate accesses and without a need to know.

But lol if you think someone like Petraeus is going down for something like this, DOJ is way too busy prosecuting whistleblowers anyway to deal with the guy whose sole motive for releasing classified was profit.

Yeah, that's a good point. I kind of figure most guys like that cheat routinely though. But yeah, guys like that probably don't usually lead the CIA

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
Petreus's appointment to the CIA was nothing more than politics. It was an olive branch to the military after McChrystal, and to the Congressional hawks to show that they still supported the Bush Doctrine. Everyone probably knew about his dalliances, and it was only after the 2012 election that he was asked to resign.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Willy Pete posted:

I call it frenchswisscheese.gif

I love how all the guys in front got a piece of that dirtbag.
Hey it's Leeroy Jenkins!

:thejoke:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

i think preferred method now is breach wall will brdm, then pour machinegun and rpg fire into breach until everyone is dead

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
The D&D-thread just keeps on giving:

ascendance posted:

Anyway, my point isn't so much that he deserved death.

It's more that sometimes, we just need to tell "reporters" to shut the loving hell up because they are lousy pieces of poo poo. And if they don't, we should shout louder. No, I don't think any of the Charlie Hebdo people deserved death. But I am pretty sure a whole bunch of them deserved a swift kick in the groin.

Free speech is overrated, because too many people just want to spout garbage. We've seen some prime examples in this thread.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Sometime in the last few years free speech became a "Republican"thing people hide behind and therefore bad.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Eel hovercraft posted:

I have been reading the anti-vaccination thread, boy do i hate myself now.

Omi-Polari posted:

Hey it's Leeroy Jenkins!

:thejoke:

Le Roy Jenkin

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

ElMaligno posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPV73jB0N6Q

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Eel hovercraft posted:

it's poo poo like this that keeps me from voting

like, most of the time I look at the Republican candidate and go "ugh", but then I look at the Democrat and see who's supporting them and then I go "uuugggggghhhhhh"

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

VikingSkull posted:

it's poo poo like this that keeps me from voting

like, most of the time I look at the Republican candidate and go "ugh", but then I look at the Democrat and see who's supporting them and then I go "uuugggggghhhhhh"

There's a slight difference from the candidate and their supporters... If you look hard enough (or casually) most supporters of any candidate are pretty "uuuggggghhhhh". The trick is finding the candidate who's more meh or yeah okay that's not so bat poo poo crazy of a platform.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Local stuff is fine, I was talking about Presidential elections. The first one of those I was eligible to vote in was 2000

Tell me what one of those candidates on either side since then didn't warrant an ugh

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

TCD posted:

There's a slight difference from the candidate and their supporters... If you look hard enough (or casually) most supporters of any candidate are pretty "uuuggggghhhhh". The trick is finding the candidate who's more meh or yeah okay that's not so bat poo poo crazy of a platform.

Could be worse, had a guy in japan run for Diet on the platform that he was literally the Messiah, and the Nazis were right, he claimed his opponent was also at personally at fault for everything that is wrong with Japan since his birth. I could see a candidate in the States running on the platform that his opponent is everything that is wrong with America, and perhaps even maybe Hitler wasn't an entirely bad guy, but I don't see anyone getting a seat in Congress on the claim of them being the Messiah.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Running at them with an automatic weapon is scary, theres no hitmarkers in your hud, and you dont go ragdoll like in videogames when you lose too much HP.

I know that...it was a dig on people who were convinced that 6 bullets were per se excessive force in the Brown case. "All you need to stop someone is ONE!" - Person who has never had to use force.

ElMaligno posted:

Oh, hi there!

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Eel hovercraft posted:

That chowder fucker has been trolling the TradGames D&D thread for months now, he must have decided to branch out.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

LongDarkNight posted:

That chowder fucker has been trolling the TradGames D&D thread for months now, he must have decided to branch out.

Trolling a Dungeons and Dragons thread. Well, at least he's keeping his life goals manageable.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Zeroisanumber posted:

Trolling a Dungeons and Dragons thread. Well, at least he's keeping his life goals manageable.

Low hanging fruit, etc.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Zeroisanumber posted:

I was confused over why TG had a meta thread complaining about D&D like this thread, but your explanation is more likely.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

orange juche posted:

Could be worse, had a guy in japan run for Diet on the platform that he was literally the Messiah, and the Nazis were right, he claimed his opponent was also at personally at fault for everything that is wrong with Japan since his birth. I could see a candidate in the States running on the platform that his opponent is everything that is wrong with America, and perhaps even maybe Hitler wasn't an entirely bad guy, but I don't see anyone getting a seat in Congress on the claim of them being the Messiah.

pretty sure obamas 08 campaign consisted solely of saying hey im not bush and he hosed everything up

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Didn't Obama come out and say that he was just holding to Bush's timeline for withdrawal when he was getting hammered for ISIS appearing in the vacuum? I seem to recall that. It's factually true, but unfortunately he had already claimed the withdrawal as his own.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

ActusRhesus posted:

I know that...it was a dig on people who were convinced that 6 bullets were per se excessive force in the Brown case. "All you need to stop someone is ONE!" - Person who has never had to use force.

Oh, hi there!

Those guys are loving idiots:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFkryh6hC-k

Nuke the world.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olNsyj9Bbp4

nukes are the answer

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014
I'm pretty hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTAO5XjhrVo

Spacman fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jan 10, 2015

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

I've seen that video a dozen times over the years and I'll never stop cringing at the part where they climb out of their foxholes and start walking into an irradiated blast zone.

In other news, George Zimmerman managed to get arrested again. This time he chucked a wine bottle at his girlfriend during a drunken domestic.

George Zimmerman arrested for aggravated assault

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
There's no way he hasn't strangled at least one stripper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Zeroisanumber posted:

I've seen that video a dozen times over the years and I'll never stop cringing at the part where they climb out of their foxholes and start walking into an irradiated blast zone.

everyone knows you gotta go full Mongol in an irradiated blast zone

• Locked thread