Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

ImpAtom posted:

I wonder if it's possible to build a Gunpla so bad it just like instantly self-destructs if you put it on a Gunpla Base.

put me in the build fighters world and we'll find out coach!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

ImpAtom posted:

Oh, it totally would. I'm mostly joking!

Although it'd be hilarious if they just made up completely ridiculous fake Gundam shows though. Heroic Ursine Squadron Bearguy and Sengoku Defense Robot ASTRAY.
Let's Go, Gekigundam 3!

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Oh, it totally would. I'm mostly joking!

Although it'd be hilarious if they just made up completely ridiculous fake Gundam shows though. Heroic Ursine Squadron Bearguy and Sengoku Defense Robot ASTRAY.
00's Bizarre Adventure, starring memorable characters such as Dio Epyon and Arios Speedwagon.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

AradoBalanga posted:

00's Bizarre Adventure, starring memorable characters such as Dio Epyon and Arios Speedwagon.

How did you miss an incredibly obvious Dio Zeong there?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Many people argue that Gundam Rinascita in Fenice is confusing but I feel it makes perfect sense.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I wonder if Shia sees something like that she'd get sensory overload and end up like Kamille.

"Your gunpla...is screaming "kill me". :gonk:"

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Hot off the presses Try Fighters Episode 24 episode script summary:

Evil Villian Gimmick : Builds his gunpla so terribly it stuns the protagonists while the antagonist shoots them with ARTISTIC GUNPLA GRAN PRIX MASTER GRADE Invisible Funnels. Everyone just assume that the gunpla was built so horribly it literally causes fissures in the Plavisky particles and blows up everything involved.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

OneDeadman posted:

Hot off the presses Try Fighters Episode 24 episode script summary:

Evil Villian Gimmick : Builds his gunpla so terribly it stuns the protagonists while the antagonist shoots them with ARTISTIC GUNPLA GRAN PRIX MASTER GRADE Invisible Funnels. Everyone just assume that the gunpla was built so horribly it literally causes fissures in the Plavisky particles and blows up everything involved.

Actually, in the Build Fighters Amazing manga, Yuuki's maid built her Nyaia Gundam with intent that it would be so cute in its cat mode that her opponents would give up just to avoid having to damage it.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

It has a monoeye in cat mode :allears:
(Also that V-Fin crest, I really wish this was an official kit and not just some one-off)

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

W.T. Fits posted:

Actually, in the Build Fighters Amazing manga, Yuuki's maid built her Nyaia Gundam with intent that it would be so cute in its cat mode that her opponents would give up just to avoid having to damage it.

It's kind of a shame that none of the Amazing manga characters are going to make their way into the show.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ActionZero posted:

It's kind of a shame that none of the Amazing manga characters are going to make their way into the show.
Yeah, I would have liked Tooru or Yana to have shown up. Would have been a nice tie-in to the manga.

Instead, we got Julian and F91 Imagine and a very weak tie-in.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

muike posted:

There's too many people that love winning in BFT and not enough that love gunpla.

Fixed it for you. Everyone's in it to win it and no-one's playing for fun, which is my main gripe with BFT. Though they do seem to be working on fixing that since the Meijin showed up :allears:.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Fixed it for you. Everyone's in it to win it and no-one's playing for fun, which is my main gripe with BFT. Though they do seem to be working on fixing that since the Meijin showed up :allears:.

I feel this is an unfair comparison. Everyone was very much in it to win it during tournament fights in BF, down to comical side characters like Mao running off in tears sobbing when they got bounced out. Hell, Nils spent the entire series actively minimizing his Gunpla Fun Potential in order to increase his Gunpla Win Potential.

Meanwhile in BFT Sekai quite literally doesn't give a poo poo about whether he wins or loses as long as he gets to have a rad rear end fight, Hoshino has made a career out of getting her rear end kicked and getting right back up again after the fact, and our new rivals in the Gunpla Academy seem less interested in maintaining Supreme Gunpla Dominance and more interested in finding strong people to fight to have rad gunpla battles. Wilfrid straight up handicapped himself simply to make his fight against Build Burning more awesome and fun.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Really, the problem isn't so much that people are focused on winning as it is that some people seem to think that winning gives them the right to be complete assholes to the people they just beat. It's bad sportsmanship.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

For this to be a true shonen anime we still lack a fighter/gunpla that pulls the whole disabling power limiters thing.
(Weighted clothes/EVA-like limiters. I don't count stuff like transam/embody/Exam.)

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Zedd posted:

For this to be a true shonen anime we still lack a fighter/gunpla that pulls the whole disabling power limiters thing.
(Weighted clothes/EVA-like limiters. I don't count stuff like transam/embody/Exam.)

Does the burning turning orange and shooting fire everywhere count?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Swagger Dagger posted:

Does the burning turning orange and shooting fire everywhere count?
Sekai didn't know it could do that at first. :v:
I'm basically waiting for the gunple equivalent of a transformation to more powerful form because the pilot was holding back. :v:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Zedd posted:

Sekai didn't know it could do that at first. :v:
I'm basically waiting for the gunple equivalent of a transformation to more powerful form because the pilot was holding back. :v:

Pretty sure that'll be Saga's The End.

Removing your cloak = Powerlevel increase

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

W.T. Fits posted:

Really, the problem isn't so much that people are focused on winning as it is that some people seem to think that winning gives them the right to be complete assholes to the people they just beat. It's bad sportsmanship.

This is what I meant in much better words. Sure they were in it to win during the World Cup in Build Fighters (it's the World Cup after all), but there was at least some degree of camaraderie between the various fighters pre- and post-match. All Team Try Fighters has gotten from the National Teams is "ugh, look at the loving first-time noobs :rolleyes:".

Pureauthor posted:

Pretty sure that'll be Saga's The End.

Removing your cloak = Powerlevel increase
Well it's made of plastic, so it's dropping some weight when it loses it :pseudo:.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Yeah, if the moral BF hammered in was "don't take yourself so loving seriously, you're here to have fun", the one this one is hammering in is "don't be a lovely loving sport, everyone is here to have fun".

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Zedd posted:

So the Unicorn Gundam? Not only is the NT-D a psycommu, but it also removes the safety limiters on its performance.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
If you're looking for actual Gundams as examples, I don't know how you missed God Gundam.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

If you're looking for actual Gundams as examples, I don't know how you missed God Gundam.

Probably Build Burning being basically the same thing, but I'll be surprised if Sekai's master doesn't use the God Gundam.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6bE4GTn4eU

New single preview for BFTs next ending, premiering in the next episode apparently.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

New single preview for BFTs next ending, premiering in the next episode apparently.

We should be getting the new OP too. That's when BF's changed too.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

If it's half as good as Wimp was, it's going to be a hell of a time. I like Cerulean but it just doesn't have that same feeling that the first season's openings had. Nibun no Ichi was wonderfully upbeat and Wimp just got me amped as hell for whatever was going on in the episode.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Cao Ni Ma posted:

From the video alone, I'm really enjoying this new ending. Hopefully the opening will match or exceed it. I quite like Cerulean, but it isn't as good as Nibun no Ichi, so I hope it's more to that level.

In short, BURN, GUNPLA SONGS!

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

One Half is still the best BF OP. The EDs kept getting progressively better though, so hopefully... I Don't Need A Compass? follows the trend.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Also they posted the silhouette s of the new unnamed suits up for pre order and it sure looks like the burning. The weapon looks like your standard Sei backpack too, so Im guessing they are the original burning or at least the one Sei used.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Also they posted the silhouette s of the new unnamed suits up for pre order and it sure looks like the burning. The weapon looks like your standard Sei backpack too, so Im guessing they are the original burning or at least the one Sei used.

Nah, they're the generic "poo poo's coming, guess what it is" silhouettes they've used since the beginning of the original Build Fighters.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I'm pretty late on this but I wanna say that OST1 really owns and the new music is pretty underused in GBFTry so y'all should give it a listen.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

I'm pretty late on this but I wanna say that OST1 really owns and the new music is pretty underused in GBFTry so y'all should give it a listen.

It is good, and it is underused but only because the BF1 soundtrack was so drat good that Try's can't help but take a backseat.

At least until we get flamenco with nine times the passion.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
It really puts me off when Fellini's theme comes up during Battle Development Time. It his own thing, make a new one guys.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Ka0 posted:

It really puts me off when Fellini's theme comes up during Battle Development Time. It his own thing, make a new one guys.

Allied Force isn't actually Fellini's theme (that would of course be Fellini's Graceful Entrance, Graceful Existence and Graceful Assault), it's just associated with him because of the Fenice vs SBS fight. If you listen to the various instrumentals, it's a big gestalt of pretty much every protagonist's leitmotif.

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair that doesn't really change the point. Allied Force specifically is the previous protagonist's songs used for the scene where they unite. It's sort of out of place with the new protagonists.

Yeah, no disagreement there. BFT does actually have some really standout tracks, but they're spread really thin across the actual show which is a shame.

3 fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jan 13, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

To be fair that doesn't really change the point. Allied Force specifically is the previous protagonist's songs used for the scene where they unite. It's sort of out of place with the new protagonists.

I mean I love the poo poo out of Allied Force so I won't complain but it is an odd song to recycle.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I can't believe they have a second OST when they're barely used the first one as is.

Well except Clear and Serenes, they've gotten their money's worth out of that.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

I mean I love the poo poo out of Allied Force so I won't complain but it is an odd song to recycle.

While it was obviously originally composed for the big pow-wow fight at the end of S1, it was kind of generically used for any "serious, major poo poo is going down between two characters neither of which who are antagonists" in S1, primarily in the Fellini and Nils fights, and they've mostly stuck to that usage for it in S2.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My first thought when I listened to the Try OST 1 was 'Yeah, this is pretty good, er, have they actually used most of this music in the show?'

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1ZHjhRpRRk

New episode out

From the intro it looks like we are getting ZZZ as Minato and bros team, Triple SDs for the Renato Triplets with possible combining into dragon gimmick, some weird QanT/Gself hybrid thing for Shia, Dark Edgy edition of the burning for the other Jigen Hao user, and some Crossbone from S1s spoiled nemesis child turned honorable gunpla fighter. Also Star Winning's backpack gimmicks are beam + knife bits while in SD form and full 1/144 HG mode at the very least.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Jan 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

This episode wasn't bad but it really felt like a really long next episode preview because it's really just a bunch of teasers and setup for what's going to be happening next.

It was extremely awesome to see them actually building together as a team and sharing their ideas and concepts with each other, though.

• Locked thread