Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I assumed people were being sarcastic, but, I guess not, so, honestly, I'd rather, at the end of a story, a character be boring but content, rather than enteraining, but miserable. Now, in the middle is a different story, but we're nearing the end, so...

But on the other hand, the Vriska / Meenah pairing comes off as a little creepy to me, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Angry Walrus posted:

With the way the explosion was framed around Vriska's head I was honestly expecting the both of them to get wiped out by Lord English.

I was honestly disappointed when the zoom and pan ended to reveal Hussie, instead of revealing Lord English.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Bobulus posted:

I assumed people were being sarcastic, but, I guess not, so, honestly, I'd rather, at the end of a story, a character be boring but content, rather than enteraining, but miserable. Now, in the middle is a different story, but we're nearing the end, so...

The end of Homestuck, coming SoonTM

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet

Bobulus posted:

But on the other hand, the Vriska / Meenah pairing comes off as a little creepy to me, so...

Batman's Shameful Secret> MSPaint Adventures - There's no Act 7, is there. This will never end.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm not convinced that finding a new role model to uncritically idolize, even if it is a healthier one, is indicative of growth on her part anyway. Not all change is maturation.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Death Bot posted:

you're reading homestuck and complaining about a pairing getting too much attention.

this thread is the tumblr about your ships.

Fool, my shipping matrices are far too advanced for a 110-level venue like tumblr.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Renaissance Robot posted:

The end of Homestuck, coming SoonTM

homestuck will never end, homestuck is eternal.

Long after our race has died, and the sun has burnt out, alien archaeologists will arrive on Earth to find a smattering of dust that is the remains of Andrew Hussie, lying atop the faded words 'TURBOMASSIVE PAUSE'.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
also the best thing about these updates is that no matter what happens (Lord English, Retjohn), the Tumblr meltdowns that their generic punk lesbian couple was destroyed will be divine

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

I'm not convinced that finding a new role model to uncritically idolize, even if it is a healthier one, is indicative of growth on her part anyway. Not all change is maturation.

I would argue it's not maturation, but it's a step towards it. She went from hyper cares-way-too-much-irons-in-the-fire child mode to teenager who-gives-a-gently caress mode. Now she needs to be an adult and find the happy medium.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Bongo Bill posted:

Well, as healthy as you're going to get. Part of their attraction is that they're the last two trolls that can stand each other after everyone else hosed off having enough of their poo poo*.

*Except Megido, who's probably waiting for them to blow the gently caress up so she can throw a party.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
If nothing else, they're two dangerous trolls who worked themselves into a position that neutralizes/isolates all their personality problems so that they're no longer a danger to anybody else.

Or, you know, they were.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

So you're saying they're moirails?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
something something pales to pails joke

somebody burn me to death here

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
It was said their love went beyond the four quadrants, transcending the grid entirely. Whatever that nonsense actually means.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Tollymain posted:

something something pales to pails joke

somebody burn me to death here

rails before pales

wait, I might have hosed that up

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Tunicate posted:

So you're saying they're moirails?

Well, isolating themselves in the middle of nowhere while being dead is also part of it, but there's definitely something to that, also.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

This vriska situation, as well as what terezi (rip) and john are doing is gonna play into that thing the denizen said would happen as a consequence.

paranoid randroid posted:

Fool, my shipping matrices are far too advanced for a 110-level venue like tumblr.

Like an hypercube but full of shipping hypergrids

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

John breaking free of the timeline like this actually does interesting things to free Hussie from the Act structure he's built up. Can we really say we're "in" any act at all at the moment? John's operating from outside the story, rewinding back to Act 5 to make branches, so does that mean that Act 6 isn't progressing at the moment?

Readers can't complain the act's dragging on if there is no act!

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

it's all an act

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

AriadneThread posted:

it's all an act

That's a hell of an act! What do you call it?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Homestuck.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Dolash posted:

John breaking free of the timeline like this actually does interesting things to free Hussie from the Act structure he's built up. Can we really say we're "in" any act at all at the moment? John's operating from outside the story, rewinding back to Act 5 to make branches, so does that mean that Act 6 isn't progressing at the moment?

Readers can't complain the act's dragging on if there is no act!

The pages are still labelled Act 6 Act 6 Intermission 4 though.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Hey guys remember when we thought Vriska was about to be gone forever (for the second time) because it looked like she was getting an arguably gratuitous happy ending?

(PS Volume 8 is still excellent)

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
boxbot/vriska 5ever

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Aaaaa gently caress I can't unsee it :mad:

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Renaissance Robot posted:

Hey guys remember when we thought Vriska was about to be gone forever (for the second time) because it looked like she was getting an arguably gratuitous happy ending?

(PS Volume 8 is still excellent)

Maaaaaan, I totally agree, Do You Remem8er Me is a really amazing song. I'm sad it hasn't gotten used in the comic.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
Maybe it will, if upd8s go the way people are expecting.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Tollymain posted:

boxbot/vriska 5ever

The best ship.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Also whatever happened to Meenah liking KarkaaAAAAAARGH why am i talking about thissss

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Blackheart posted:

Also whatever happened to Meenah liking KarkaaAAAAAARGH why am i talking about thissss

Well if he had jumped off the meteor like he was supposed to....

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Blackheart posted:

Haha look at this scrub still hoping for hetero troll pairings...Karkat will wind up having sloppy makeouts with Gamzee and you know it.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Blackheart posted:

One of us, one of us...

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Zoe posted:

Haha look at this scrub still hoping for hetero troll pairings...Karkat will wind up having sloppy makeouts with Gamzee and you know it.

Woah excuse you but no, Tavros and Gamzee :colbert:

Shouty McNubs still hooks up with the future Waterbeach.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Classtoise posted:

Woah excuse you but no, Tavros and Gamzee :colbert:

Shouty McNubs still hooks up with the future Waterbeach.

Um excuse me, Tavros has been cut in half.

Though I suppose that might not actually do much to deter Gamzee...

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Blackheart posted:

History changes, Vriska never died, the scene cuts to the exact same running-over-the-cliff scene, only now it's Meenah and Karkat, and Hussie is giving the pairing a thumbs up from behind the sadness rock.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Zoe posted:

Um excuse me, Tavros has been cut in half.

Though I suppose that might not actually do much to deter Gamzee...

See? So much in common!

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Since John has already stolen the Ring of Life back, Aranea must still be in the dreambubbles. Meenah didn't get bored and depressed until after she left, so if Vriska's death is also retconned I doubt Meenah would be wandering around dark carnivals and giggle-rolling off cliffs on her own.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
I liked Aranea and all, but I'd be surprised if she came back. The narrative may encompass everything, but everything out there in the Outer Ring seems to play by a different set of rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Since John has already stolen the Ring of Life back, Aranea must still be in the dreambubbles. Meenah didn't get bored and depressed until after she left, so if Vriska's death is also retconned I doubt Meenah would be wandering around dark carnivals and giggle-rolling off cliffs on her own.

She's sadness-rolling off those cliffs now. An eternal melancholy tumble down horse mountain.