Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
It's time for some Saturday Morning Scrublords.. Final Fight Revenge edition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Wow the Swery thing is even sadder from first person, knowing how much the dude loves what he does:

quote:

"But I got some feedback from the company saying we had to put some things in this game that would become internet memes, like with DP," he said. "What would you do in that situation?"

D4 was released last September exclusively for Xbox One and published by Microsoft Studios. Not particularly happy about the notes he was being given, Swery took to writing and drinking.

"Development-wise, I overcame it by rewriting the script seven times," he said. "To overcome it personally, I just kept drinking tequila and believed that what I was doing was right."

:smith: :smith: :smith:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
In lighter news, I'm so happy Saturday Morning Scrublords is a thing, and not just a amazing one off

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Improbable Lobster posted:

Microsoft is so bad at everything

More like 95% of video game executives at any company are bad at everything*.

*Except making more money for themselves

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Charles Martel posted:

More like 95% of video game executives at any company are bad at everything*.

*Except making more money for themselves

Well yeah, but Microsoft in particular have been mismanaging their games pretty badly in recent years.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Hearing stuff like that makes me worry a bit for Scalebound. I wonder how much influence Microsoft will have over that game.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

If Microsoft told Kamiya to put memes in his games Osaka would burn to the ground the next day.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jan 10, 2015

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Rodyle posted:

I'd Microsoft told Kamiya to put memes in his games Osaka would burn to the ground the next day.

Or he'd think they wanted him to put in references to Revengeance.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Rodyle posted:

I'd Microsoft told Kamiya to put memes in his games Osaka would burn to the ground the next day.

Platinum Games is already in Platinum Games' games as a meme though.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Rhonne posted:

Or he'd think they wanted him to put in references to Revengeance.

If Monsoon is in Scalebound I'm getting an Xbone.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Silentman0 posted:

If Monsoon is in Scalebound I'm getting an Xbone.

Imagine Mistral. :allears:

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Solaris Knight posted:

In lighter news, I'm so happy Saturday Morning Scrublords is a thing, and not just a amazing one off

Saturday Morning Scrublords HAD to be a thing to justify Matt's billion dollar expenditure when he bought Final Fight Revenge. This video has to go viral to pull em' back into the black. That's the new lore.

EDIT: gently caress, I start the video and they make the same joke in the first minute. WELP.

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jan 10, 2015

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Quote is not edit, dummy.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Didn't see this one coming.

So yeah this should be a great LP.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

havenwaters posted:

i think i mightve accidentally precummed myself

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

gently caress.

I hope more people than us old farts in this thread watch this poo poo and they can maintain decent views on these retro titles.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's not Thousand Year Door but it's the next best thing.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

beep by grandpa posted:

gently caress.

I hope more people than us old farts in this thread watch this poo poo and they can maintain decent views on these retro titles.

The gameplay and dialogue in that game is fun and good so i hope people watch

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Are Liam and Pat now the Action RPG guys?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I said it in here a few months ago but one thing I hope in the SMRPG playthrough (I haven't watched the first vid yet) that doesn't continue from the Barkley Gaiden run was pat just flying- flying through the text on screen. Not that I expect him to stop and read out loud everything but it kind of proxy stressed me out like Pat flew threw everything thinking he had this urgent warning to keep it moving or something especially since Pat had never seen the game before and I felt he probably missed out on a bunch of the charm of the writing.

I can't watch the vid yet so I'm sure it's answered in the vid but have either Pat & Liam not played SMRPG before? I prob would mind less if they rushed through it if they were both super familiar with it going in.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

I said it in here a few months ago but one thing I hope in the SMRPG playthrough (I haven't watched the first vid yet) that doesn't continue from the Barkley Gaiden run was pat just flying- flying through the text on screen. Not that I expect him to stop and read out loud everything but it kind of proxy stressed me out like Pat flew threw everything thinking he had this urgent warning to keep it moving or something especially since Pat had never seen the game before and I felt he probably missed out on a bunch of the charm of the writing.

I can't watch the vid yet so I'm sure it's answered in the vid but have either Pat & Liam not played SMRPG before? I prob would mind less if they rushed through it if they were both super familiar with it going in.

I've always assumed he reads really fast and doesn't understand how slow us normal people read.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah, the LP was invented because they're both blind to it because Liam was a babby and Pat didn't have a childhood due to his Genesis ownership.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Haven't been able to listen to the SBFC for a couple weeks but I've been catching up at work and just got to the "if you could have a full soundtrack played by a real orchestra/with whatever instruments you want" email, I was hoping someone'd mention either Lufia or Lufia 2 on that list. Because holy poo poo Lufia's music is godlike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsIXvHteoK0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBnYGYa6l3M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wWHZE14hP8

It did a lot with the SNES soundchip. The remixed versions for the DS remake were great but I'd love to hear a live orchestra, possibly with some electric guitar mixed in, do the soundtrack justice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFC3z4cir_A

havenwaters posted:

holy poo poo hype

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Oh wow super Mario RPG! This well last well over 70 episodes. Good choice of game though!

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
I need to go and beat Super Mario RPG sometime. I never even got to Geno.
Hopeful for this new video series, though!
Also hopeful that it won't be another Chrono Trigger LP.

king of no pants
Mar 10, 2007

i'm watchin'
you post
Oh my god Super Mario RPG. This is incredible.

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.
This is the most excited I've been for a new playthrough on the channel. Been dreaming since the beginning they could do Super Mario RPG, but I always figured it wouldn't fit the format. Haven't watched the first video yet, but still high hopes for this one!

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

KaosMachina posted:

I need to go and beat Super Mario RPG sometime. I never even got to Geno.
Hopeful for this new video series, though!
Also hopeful that it won't be another Chrono Trigger LP.

Definitely. Watching this LP would make me want to play through it again. Absolutely a classic.

Oh man. I remember getting stuck in that sunken ship part and had everyone in my family trying to figure out the password to advance past there. And the part where you had to make music with that composer guy. And the puzzles near the end of the game in the castle. And Geno was probably my favorite character.

It's all flooding back. What an awesome game.

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jan 11, 2015

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

Oh wow super Mario RPG! This well last well over 70 episodes. Good choice of game though!

Super Mario RPG is a very short RPG by RPG standards. It'll definitely have fewer updates than The Evil Within as long as they don't get too lost.

edit: FWIW AGDQ had a Mario RPG run the other night and it was under 3 hours, and that's just from really optimized routing and mastery of items/combat, not particularly any gigantic content skips.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I bet Jonathan Jones kicks their rear end a lot

That fucker

That fucker

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Johnny Jones? Nah, Bundt is going to be the progress halter for them.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Oh poo poo silent Hill 2 lp, hype

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't believe I forgot how good the music in Silent Hill 2 is.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Oh man, two golden games at the same time, fantastic!

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

I'll say I never had a problem with Pat's speed, so I think he just reads faster than most. Might come from just playing a lot of SNES-era RPGs, I dunno.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Super Mario RPG AND Silent Hill 2 together? Be still my beating heart!

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
gently caress man I still really want to play silent hill 2 so i'm going to opt out of this playthrough just yet

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I wonder how long it takes Liam to learn how to run.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I hope he never does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'll be honest, the three new playthroughs going up now all have me more excited for the channel then I've been in awhile. Good time to be a fan of people who play video games for the internet :toot:

"I didn't get far in TTYD"

Matt please okay them to do that next. I want it super bad now.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jan 11, 2015