Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

KillHour posted:

New vipers don't come in purple. You can get the TA version in orange, though.

It's new for this model year (but isn't available on the TA :(). They also added another orange.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/dodge-viper-2015-updates-new-gt-and-ta-2-0-models-ceramic-blue-special-edition-two-zany-colors/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
If it's really 'any Viper' you know it's gotta be a TA 2.0 special edition. Built for time attacks and only 32 made in each colour? Yes plz.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Safety Dance posted:

Hole-in-block and all?

code:
The above is in exchange for return of the subject vehicle in an undamaged condition (save
normal wear and tear), with all original equipment intact, clear title, current registration, a fully
executed Release for all defendants.
So we can't get that crazy. Then again, what's "normal wear and tear" on a Viper anyway?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Das Volk posted:

What's "normal wear and tear" on a Viper anyway?

You stopped doing donuts when the tires exploded, instead of continuing until you were running on the brake rotors.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Das Volk posted:

Then again, what's "normal wear and tear" on a Viper anyway?

Generally severe tree or pole damage to one side, so anything under that is fair game.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
I saw your snap. I'm waiting for details. :allears:

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

ssjonizuka posted:

yeah, me too!

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

I didn't see your snap because I deleted that god forsaken program from my phone.

T/A 2.0 in Y'orange?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

All I have to say is

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Sorry to spoil your thunder, DV, but this has to be it, right?

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

So how far are they willing to let you go in picking a replacement?

http://www.drivesrt.com/2015/viper/1of1/

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
You are all doing this wrong; because they dropped out of GTE, the obvious answer is one of these because they're not doing anything else:

You'd definitely win the hillclimb, and you'd also be able to run the engine without a restrictor.

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
I exist onl because of Parias'
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.
http://www.carthrottle.com/post/the-new-dodge-customisation-program-lets-you-build-the-ugliest-viper-you-can-imagine/

You know what to do.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

ssjonizuka posted:

I hit a bump, and the airbag sensor warning and traction control lights went on, and now the traction control light is on permanently :v:

Also the dealer hosed the hood up covering it with drops of something then what looked like steel wool to clean it off, and then curbed the wheel. This poor loving car. :suicide:

I hope whoever ends up with it pays a steep discount.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Not even Kasteins rides go through that much hell.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 208 days!)

cursedshitbox posted:

Not even Kasteins rides go through that much hell.

I'm sure that wifey can relate..

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I always figured the Viper was subject to a bit more quality control than the Chrysler 200. Guess I was wrong.

All of the domestic auto makers really need to hire Das Volk as a consultant - a beta (even alpha) tester of sorts. Because if it's a domestic, he will find ways to break it, even if it's a domestic supercar that aims itself for every tree within 5 miles anytime you sneeze on the throttle in 6th.

Stereo DOA: Check
Transmission having issues within 3k? Check
Windowed the block within 5k, with what seems to be relatively sedate driving for a Viper owner? Check.
Dealer destroys paint trying to clean off the massive emptying of the CEO's bowels when they realize just how badly they hosed up this car? Check check motherfucking check.

Sorry DV. It sounds like they're really trying to make it right for you; I hope they do. You'd think their halo car would be subject to far more quality control than anything else, yet they assigned the people responsible for Chrysler 200 QC to the line that day.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Jan 10, 2015

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
Sadly, I don't think it's QC, so much as it is the lowest bidder wins the supply line. loving bummer.

Edit: at least it isn't anoth r r motor. :v:

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
It would appear that I need to build/order a 2015 to work with the dealership that the VOA recommends. So I'm going to do one of two things - order a T/A 2.0 and remove the front aero unless it's going to the track, or order just the track pack wheels/shocks/springs/brakes and get some other color, possibly bolt on aero if the car needs it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yessss this is going to be awesome.

You're gonna need aero for the hill climb, won't you?

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

So uhhhh

http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/12/7531397/the-new-gt-is-the-sickest-car-ford-has-ever-made

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What the gently caress is Ford up to lately, first that flat-plane Mustang and now...

PleasusChrist
Oct 20, 2010

Am I the only one that thinks that door is loving massive?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Data Graham posted:

What the gently caress is Ford up to lately, first that flat-plane Mustang and now...

I have no idea, but I hope they can keep it up.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

They had that cross-plane V8 and put a turbo 6 in it? What the poo poo? Also I'm betting it ends up being auto only.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Das Volk posted:

They had that cross-plane V8 and put a turbo 6 in it? What the poo poo? Also I'm betting it ends up being auto only.

It's to meet LeMans regs: forced induction = 4 liters or less. And they already said it's only going to have a dual clutch auto.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

To be fair, you'd have to be a moron to build a car like that with anything but a DCT.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

KillHour posted:

To be fair, you'd have to be a moron to build a car like that with anything but a DCT.

For racing, yes. For being a blue collar sports car turned up to 11, no. But I guess that's what the Shelbys are for.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Blue collar? Ford GT?

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

Chemmy posted:

Blue collar? Ford GT?

Someone gets it.
Looks bad rear end, I'm sad about the engine purely from a sound perspective. Sure a turbo v6 can sound good, but not as good as a turbo v8.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Chemmy posted:

Blue collar? Ford GT?

Moreso than Ferrari or Lamborghini or something. You can show up to the car show with a Ford and not offend all the good ole boys who will sneer at them i-tally-uns.

But, again, that's still closer to the GT500 than the GT. We don't even know how affordable (or not) it's going to be.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I think if $250k cars have attained domain amongst the working class, we can safely and finally say "Thanks Obama" once and for all in a tremendously haughty tone of voice and shake our fists at this economic dystopia kenyan marxism nightmarescape

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

I think if $250k cars have attained domain amongst the working class, we can safely and finally say "Thanks Obama" once and for all in a tremendously haughty tone of voice and shake our fists at this economic dystopia kenyan marxism nightmarescape

$400k.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/90019/new-ford-gt-supercar-storms-into-detroit

quote:

Prices are yet to be confirmed, but a spokesman steered us towards the Lamborghini Aventador, which costs from £260,000, as a guide.

Read more: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/90019/new-ford-gt-supercar-storms-into-detroit#ixzz3OiQgUaOz

This isn't a car for the middle-aged millionaire-but-blue-collar ranch / farm / factory owner you see living in the middle of nowhere with a fuckton of land that would normally go for a top-tier 'Vette or Shelby.

This is supposed to compete with the Italians. They want to see movie stars and rappers get out of this thing.

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?

KillHour posted:

$400k.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/90019/new-ford-gt-supercar-storms-into-detroit

This isn't a car for the middle-aged millionaire-but-blue-collar ranch / farm / factory owner you see living in the middle of nowhere with a fuckton of land that would normally go for a top-tier 'Vette or Shelby.

This is supposed to compete with the Italians. They want to see movie stars and rappers get out of this thing.

They shouldn't have given it a name that literally means Grand Tourer then, no matter how much heritage it has at the company.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

KillHour posted:

$400k.

Yikes. Yeah I was imagining it being a ZR1 competitor, moreso than an Aventador competitor. But I guess it's just a Le Mans homolgamation, right? Not like I'm ever going to see one on the road anyway. Too bad, I was hoping it would be in the ~$100-150k range so people like DV would buy them and I'd see them tearing around.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

ApathyGifted posted:

They shouldn't have given it a name that literally means Grand Tourer then, no matter how much heritage it has at the company.

Neither should Ferrari have called the 599 a GTO, blah blah blah.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

ApathyGifted posted:

There is an equally valid, almost as long-standing meaning to "GT" that refers to a particular class of endurance racing car. The reason we revere badges like GT and GTO is not because they describe softly sprung touring cars for driving across continents, but for the stripped-down specials with breathed-upon engines and perspex headlight covers.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Raluek posted:

Yikes. Yeah I was imagining it being a ZR1 competitor, moreso than an Aventador competitor. But I guess it's just a Le Mans homolgamation, right? Not like I'm ever going to see one on the road anyway. Too bad, I was hoping it would be in the ~$100-150k range so people like DV would buy them and I'd see them tearing around.

Even the old GT is rare as hens teeth. I've seen more Murcielagos and Aventadors than I've seen GTs on the highway.

No one drives those things. I was hoping it'd be priced around 150 though also, but mostly just to poo poo on the Italians.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

iwentdoodie posted:

Even the old GT is rare as hens teeth. I've seen more Murcielagos and Aventadors than I've seen GTs on the highway.

No one drives those things. I was hoping it'd be priced around 150 though also, but mostly just to poo poo on the Italians.

I know, I've only seen them at car shows. I was just hoping that they were changing that. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Well that's a bummer.

:(

• Locked thread