Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Please enforce a grammar/punctuation/capitalization rule, new mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

PotU posted:

Your avatar makes this perfect for some reason.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Beef Waifu posted:

I'm sure Invictus would like to stay that way too, which is why he doesn't want to be mod.
Among other reasons, last time I was a mod on a forum some internet detectives found my facebook and added me and my girlfriend at the time(I've since scrubbed most of my personal info, but still, it was fairly unsettling since I had nothing tying my forums account to my facebook), also I can't think of a more thankless job than SA Anime Mod. It'd be fun for a few reasons but yeah I'd rather not have that added stress as of right now

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Make it illegal to talk about an anime in any form outside of its designated thread.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Make it illegal to talk about an anime in any form outside of its designated thread.

Make PewDiePie have to elaborate in detail for at least 3 sentences on what he finds sexy about characters he says are sexy

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

Make PewDiePie have to elaborate in detail for at least 3 sentences on what he finds sexy about characters he says are sexy

The Pewds doesn't need to explain himself to anyone.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

Captain Invictus posted:

Why is the guy in your avatar's cheeks made of fingers?

he old

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

Big boobs but also sometimes a big rear end.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I only got into anime for 2 reasons. Righteous oppai, stacked baps.

This is the code I live by

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Among other reasons, last time I was a mod on a forum some internet detectives found my facebook and added me and my girlfriend at the time(I've since scrubbed most of my personal info, but still, it was fairly unsettling since I had nothing tying my forums account to my facebook), also I can't think of a more thankless job than SA Anime Mod. It'd be fun for a few reasons but yeah I'd rather not have that added stress as of right now

This is perfectly reasonable and something we try to warn all prospective mods about, and why finding someone who will take the job can sometimes take some time.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

XyloJW posted:

This is perfectly reasonable and something we try to warn all prospective mods about, and why finding someone who will take the job can sometimes take some time.

thank you for mentioning this, i personally think being a moderator for this forum would be hell

but i guess it could be also pretty chill if you didnt take this serious at all, but lowtax makes money for this so idk

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I think this place is actually doing really well as a lawless zone

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
You can actually post silly threads and goof around and just have fun with anime now.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

How dare you

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
The new anime mod should bear in mind that I will ruthlessly destroy them if I'm not able to have fun in the forum

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i found a picture o f the new mod, laying on the ground after a long day of modding

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

The new anime mod should bear in mind that I will ruthlessly destroy them if I'm not able to have fun in the forum

Would you be willing to join my righteous oppression of the anime forum in exchange for power BAFH?

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
There's nothing righteous about oppression. I'll fight for Shuya Nanahara's vision. I have more power than you could even imagine

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Should have known you'd be incorruptible. :negative:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I surprised the creepy didn't just completely swarm, but I guess they are just watching and waiting.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Mordaedil posted:

I surprised the creepy didn't just completely swarm, but I guess they are just watching and waiting.

Uhhh they actually probably feel less safe without Zorak, since he was friends with them on irc

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah zorak endorsed literally 90% of the creepy people

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Endorph posted:

yeah zorak endorsed literally 90% of the creepy people

Literally?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

literally

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Namtab posted:

I only got into anime for 2 reasons. Righteous oppai, stacked baps.

This is the code I live by

Wise.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PotU posted:

I can live with this.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

i found a picture o f the new mod, laying on the ground after a long day of modding

Lol.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

I hope the new mod campaigns for webm embedding support so I can post anim webms everywhere

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

XyloJW posted:

Never even thought about that. Man, the job really is a bitch I guess.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

aers posted:

I hope the new mod campaigns for webm embedding support so I can post anim webms everywhere

I did it on QCS so I should be the new mod. Also the SASS boys shall never find my account on the e-hentai forums.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I did it on QCS so I should be the new mod. Also the SASS boys shall never find my account on the e-hentai forums.

to: new mod

keep things as they are right now

thank "u"

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sorry for the quote, userTheLovablePlutonis

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
the only request i have of the new mod is that he makes continued name jokes about the guy with fire/ice powers from my hero academia a bannable offense

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
What are the fire/ice guy jokes

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
it started with calling him like Icy Hot and stuff that was funny but after the 3 obvious jokes everyone felt like they could get one in too and it devolved into a mess and i had to stop reading the thread and block out the names from my memory in order to continue to enjoy the incredibly good manga

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Well, from googling it, it looks like it's not actually a very good manga and maybe you're getting what you deserve. But I will give it 10 manga chapters before I make that judgement

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
I'm confident you will enjoy it if you give it a chance but I'm also okay with it if you don't. Namaste.

Edit: Actually I don't even know what you like so maybe I'm wrong but I love shonen and superheroes because my mind is very simple.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I love anime so loving much that I love the dumbest poo poo on earth like 3rd string Go Nagai and mangas where dudes act surprised at mahjong for 300 chapters

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
How do you feel about Hikaru no Go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Is that the one with the page where the dude is playing Go against Void from Berserk in 4 dimensions? My understanding is that the manga won't teach you poo poo about Go and since I'm only passingly familiar with the game I haven't given it a shot. I had a poster here shoot me a mahjong primer so I could start reading Akagi lmao.

• Locked thread