Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

DoctorWhat posted:

you gotta be kidding

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
It really really sucks that the timing has OoT 100% in the middle of the night since it is one of the, if not the, most popular runs and a top 3 donation maker. Also it's an amazing run and the definitive run for the game. It's worth staying up and watching it for those who aren't familiar with it but have played OoT. It's batshit insane.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It really really sucks that the timing has OoT 100% in the middle of the night since it is one of the, if not the, most popular runs and a top 3 donation maker. Also it's an amazing run and the definitive run for the game. It's worth staying up and watching it for those who aren't familiar with it but have played OoT. It's batshit insane.

It's like, prime time in the US. It's just stupid o' clock for us :D But who needs sunday right?

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's one of the few 2+ hour speedruns that isn't a glorified Let's Play, as I understand it

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

got a link to that?

e: like, I don't want to offend them but it'd still be fun to see their response (if any) :haw:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Ravus posted:

It's like, prime time in the US. It's just stupid o' clock for us :D But who needs sunday right?

It's like 1AM on the east coast for OOT100, assuming this run ends within 90 mins

Parasara
Sep 17, 2014

Next time I see that woman, I'm shooting her, and not in the knee.
It feels like this run is ~20 minutes too long. It's neat in concept and crazy in execution but any run of this type is going to have resets and stuff. Doing that stuff once or twice is okay, but just constantly wiffing, while understandable and not at all detracting from how dope it is, is just kind of grinding

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ravus posted:

It's 11:30 on the east coast right now. It'll be well past midnight before this blind run is over.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Gotta do some quick practice picking up chicks

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
Yeah, I'm very much in two minds on this goal choice. I'm a fan of runnerguy, and when it works it is great, but there is an awful lot of of times when it does not.

I'm still glad it got in, but, until it gets a lot more consistent, I'd save this till bonus stream next time.

Still, I wish him all the luck in the world as this is still one hell of a thing.

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

Your Computer posted:

got a link to that?

e: like, I don't want to offend them but it'd still be fun to see their response (if any) :haw:

https://twitter.com/LloydVanBuren/status/554132625427038209

I doubt he'll see it but worth a try

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Parasara posted:

It feels like this run is ~20 minutes too long. It's neat in concept and crazy in execution but any run of this type is going to have resets and stuff. Doing that stuff once or twice is okay, but just constantly wiffing, while understandable and not at all detracting from how dope it is, is just kind of grinding

Its like a terrible LP with save states. At least the MK Wii kid could see the screen when he messed up.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Once he got into the dungeon this for way more impressive.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

Its like a terrible LP with save states. At least the MK Wii kid could see the screen when he messed up.

Like Cosmo, I think it's awesome :colbert:

cheers.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

You're an idiot.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

For the most part he does it so well I forget he's blindfolded.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Link doing his Superman impression.

"My planet needs me."

deadpan
Feb 2, 2004

Great, now we can't see Link either.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
Ok I have no idea what's happening and it's amazing

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

argondamn posted:

For the most part he does it so well I forget he's blindfolded.

I honestly think some of the people whining about the run didn't catch he's blindfolded

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Man, those gently caress it running jumps are the most impressive thing to me, even if they shouldn't be. No hesitation.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
This stuff would (will, I guess) be cool even if he wasn't blindfolded. And he explains stuff too :psyduck:

Leeham721
Jan 4, 2015

flatluigi posted:

I honestly think some of the people whining about the run didn't catch he's blindfolded

Or they are just miserable shitbirds who whine about anything and everything

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
Loving the chorus of nods whenever he does something right

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
he kniows exactrly when to target with the boomerang on what, JFC

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
gently caress you mister blindfolded dude, I died so much to this boss when I was a kid and you're murdering it blindfolded :(

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

that goddamn bossfight

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

That bossfight :stare:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I know I'm not the intended audience for this whole event (in that I don't really care for watching speedruns) but this blindfolded thing is vastly more interesting than a normal speedrun to me.

A few mistakes are worth it for seeing the ways he's come up with to orient himself.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

It's gonna be up to European and Asian viewers donating their pounds, yen, and other moon monies to get us over 1 million.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I want a full-body x-ray of orange shirt guy

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's gonna be up to European and Asian viewers donating their pounds, yen, and other moon monies to get us over 1 million.

humble bundle is over 150k so we are actually already past 1m :ssh:

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

We're actually already well over 1 million with the Humble Bundle stuff, I'm not sure if we've quite beaten last years total or not yet though.

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Humble Bundle was $183k last time UA said, so we in there already

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
Ha, at this point I stand by me saying this is still a touch wonky for the main event of *GDQ... but upon getting into Jabu Runnerguy kicked that out of the park. Great stuff there. Proving me wrong and glad to be done so. Hopeful for Goron Caves doing the same.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

flatluigi posted:

humble bundle is over 150k so we are actually already past 1m :ssh:

Unless last years total included humble bundle stuff then I don't care, I still want a million in donations.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I love cosmo's patient expression. Very Yoda, which is to say he looks like a pleasant muppet-man.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Actually, Cosmo's prominent nose is very muppet-y.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I feel bad if you have a reason to not stay up all night tonight watching a really fun game get torn apart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Paused posted:

Ha, at this point I stand by me saying this is still a touch wonky for the main event of *GDQ... but upon getting into Jabu Runnerguy kicked that out of the park. Great stuff there. Proving me wrong and glad to be done so. Hopeful for Goron Caves doing the same.

Not the main event, 100% run is the main event.

• Locked thread