Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Dias posted:

The hit series narrated by Neil deGrasse Tyson

:wow:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
Apparently there's like 40 Jabus.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

That would have been a pretty good warmup for ZFG as well as really interesting.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu-jabu

DoctorWhat fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jan 11, 2015

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
How the hell am I gonna stay up five more hours. :negative: I don't have work but I'm so tired.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Too bad they aren't doing a Ganonless run. The one that was the main any % run for that 2 week period between the discovery of the Faora's Wind warp into the credits glitch and then full on wrong warping. It involved the final boss being King Dodongo and included Pedophile Link in the end scene.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Check out Rob Zombie in the back row.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Too bad they aren't doing a Ganonless run. The one that was the main any % run for that 2 week period between the discovery of the Faora's Wind warp into the credits glitch and then full on wrong warping. It involved the final boss being King Dodongo and included Pedophile Link in the end scene.

I think the fastest Ganonless route goes through Volvagia now. I personally like the new any% over Ganonless since Ganonless still requires RBA stuff which I was never really a fan of. Plus the new any% gives us insta-puberty Link in the ending!

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

People complained that Ganonless didn't count because you don't actually complete the game. The Gohma warp is nearly perfect in that respect.

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012
Are they using the Japanese version in both these runs because it has certain glitches that were fixed in the NA version or something?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

canoshiz posted:

I think the fastest Ganonless route goes through Volvagia now. I personally like the new any% over Ganonless since Ganonless still requires RBA stuff which I was never really a fan of. Plus the new any% gives us insta-puberty Link in the ending!

Yeah I hated the old any % before wrong warping was discovered, it was about 50 minutes of RBA crap and didn't actually show any of the game. It was a race to get the hacksaw in the Goron sword quest and then the game ends.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

asvodel posted:

Are they using the Japanese version in both these runs because it has certain glitches that were fixed in the NA version or something?

just a buncha japanophiles

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

asvodel posted:

Japanese v1.0 or v1.1 carts are best for 100% speedruns, says ZFG.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

asvodel posted:

Most games with a lot of text are fast in Japanese because the text goes by faster in moon runes

e: that's just a general rule of thumb, I don't know if there's specific OOT reasons

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

asvodel posted:

The text alone saves a lot of time and there are 1.0 exclusive glitches.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

asvodel posted:

Text speed. I can't think of any major Japanese-only glitches.

But as evidenced by the two posts above I don't know anything about 100%.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

RickVoid posted:

Check out Rob Zombie in the back row.
It's probably the contrast with his clothes and hair, but dude seems super pale.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

He literally explained at the start of the run it's due to the text, just like every other Japanese speed game, you dumbos

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
With N64 Nintendo first party games, you tend to have the most glitches in a first edition Japanese release, much less in the North American release, and if a European version was made, it'd tend to have the least glitches from either of the two other versions, but new glitches pop up when adapting to the 50 hertz.

So if you're after full glitches you'll go on the Japanese usually. Except that some games might be faster on the PAL region systems but they're more often slower than all the rest.

Leeham721
Jan 4, 2015
The endings to these events trigger my anxiety so it's time to duck out. Too many feels, too much realisation that the days are now empty. poo poo runs all day are better than no runs for 5 months straight.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
:toot: happy 12th birthday ZFG

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Sounds like the Hype! is running out.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Sounds like the Hype! is running out.

Everyone is exhausted. Even the audience. :v:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Was the blindfolded run great like I expected? I'll probably catch up on stuff I missed this week now since I watch zfg's stream like once or twice a week.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:
https://twitter.com/Forstride/status/554155296718086144

:ohdear: That'd explain why the hype feels a bit muted.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mr E posted:

Was the blindfolded run great like I expected? I'll probably catch up on stuff I missed this week now since I watch zfg's stream like once or twice a week.

It was 2000 years in the making.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

This should have been scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

what the gently caress

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
note that it's currently 1AM over there, the run's going for almost 5 hours, and it's the end of a weeklong 24/7 marathon

people are probably napping for the finale or are just trying to actually sleep now that it's over

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

tbh kinda hard to blame when it's getting late and it's estimated at 5 hours

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Alright, gently caress these guys, Zelda 2 isn't worst.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

that's insane, has ANY other run had literally nobody there?

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
Get off the fence happy mask guy

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

cosmo is too chill and positive to have a 'worst zelda'

cosmowns

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mr E posted:

what the gently caress

it's 1 am, a five hour run, and a lot of people probably have flights to catch and rooms to check out of tomorrow morning

Poultron posted:

that's insane, has ANY other run had literally nobody there?

not sure what you mean by "other run" since the space behind the couch is way fuller than basically all of the late night runs I've watched

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Cosmo :3:

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

all this hate on zelda 2 :(

i mean, can't they hate on the zeldas that no one gives a poo poo about like the ds zeldas

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one

flatluigi posted:

note that it's currently 1AM over there, the run's going for almost 5 hours, and it's the end of a weeklong 24/7 marathon

people are probably napping for the finale or are just trying to actually sleep now that it's over

Yeah I don't know why people are surprised by this.

1 AM, five hour run, end of the marathon after seven straight days. People are probably either sleeping, partying or already went home.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
also apparently bonus stream is supposed to happen starting 10am tomorrow so that's another reason for people to crash now (and maybe try to be up for the finale and early breakfast)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS
Huh. I don't follow 100% at all but the routing here is interesting. Wasn't expecting a wrong warp to Ganon's Tower right after Gohma.

Jesus.

• Locked thread