Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Themata posted:

:catstare: How in God's name did Hedonquir amass so much junk in such a short time?

I don't even know myself. Wise Old Man didn't even notice some of the stuff from old quests.
That, and slayer/TH/general looting. I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naan Bread
Sep 3, 2011

As someone who aspires to have one of the messiest possible banks I admire you using TEN SPACES just for prayer pots

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
As I zero in on 119 Dungeoneering, I've decided that I want to do all of the hard mode floors. Arsenes already expressed interest in doing them with me - would anyone else be up for it?

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

As I zero in on 119 Dungeoneering, I've decided that I want to do all of the hard mode floors. Arsenes already expressed interest in doing them with me - would anyone else be up for it?

I've never done em before, but I wouldn't mind tagging along sometime to give it a go. Also have a preening ibis team card that could be useful at the moment!

Forgot to repost this, the mentioned :jagex: emote I made way back when:

Aaaand the next in line of Sims/Goonscape Adventures, is Oats, Toast, and Upboats! This one stars my sidekick, Pasta Boy as he pursues his dreams of being a great chef!

Themata fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jan 10, 2015

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Themata posted:

Aaaand the next in line of Sims/Goonscape Adventures, is Carbs, Oats and Pasta! This one stars my sidekick, Pasta Boy as he pursues his dreams of being a great chef!

This... this has fulfilled all my dreams.

The sim also looks scarily like IRL me.

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Jan 10, 2015

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone
Love the updates P'lady

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Swicky I love your new avatar beyond all reason

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH

Magres posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR4zefzP7d0&t=592s
If the video doesn't start at the right time then move it to 10 minutes

I feel i should have used the "Champion of the Sun" but skipped that because the next line is cooler

Swicky fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Jan 10, 2015

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Naw you done good, skipping Champion of the Sun was a good choice

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH

Why, just why

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Magres posted:

Quoted for fuckin truth.

You gotta pay the troll toll
If you wanna get into that boy's soul.

Charlie Day is amazing and DeVito is such a perfect fit.

joachim783
May 9, 2013
Quick tip for those looking to make some quick cash, because the hand cannon explodes no one wants it anymore so people are selling it for less than ge mid which is 11.5k atm and you can high alch them for 12k each, unfortunately the buy limit is only 50 but you can still make some quick cash.

Preid
May 22, 2014

joachim783 posted:

Quick tip for those looking to make some quick cash, because the hand cannon explodes no one wants it anymore so people are selling it for less than ge mid which is 11.5k atm and you can high alch them for 12k each, unfortunately the buy limit is only 50 but you can still make some quick cash.

There is actually a chart on the Wiki which tracts items which are profitable to high alch, though it's not very trustworthy.
http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_Exchange_Market_Watch/Alchemy

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
It's weird that this still works

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
pizza lady cit resets soon and i need my welfare

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

if im on i might be up for them. im 110

Cabbage Disrespect
Apr 24, 2009

ROBUST COMBAT
Leonard Riflepiss
Soiled Meat

Themata posted:

Aaaand the next in line of Sims/Goonscape Adventures, is Carbs, Oats and Pasta! This one stars my sidekick, Pasta Boy as he pursues his dreams of being a great chef!

It's beautiful.

e: Shoutout to Flex for helping me get Agripp-on pooping dunging; I had no idea what I'd been missing out on!

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

SleepingPizza posted:

pizza lady cit resets soon and i need my welfare

Take a screencap of your contribution just in case. I'll be on for the POH house tour after reset, so if you're on then you can collect pay before cit reset.

I wake up to Crystal impling #20! That's over 20m in just Crystal implings!

Continues to be a cool guy

Thanks Dwarven aura!

Female

The bot has 97 loving runecrafting now. Jesus loving christ.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
incase we dont see eachother before reset

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron

HC = Hardcore
Fe = Ferrum, Iron
Male= Man

HC FeMale = Hardcore Ironman :science:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Spergminer posted:

HC = Hardcore
Fe = Ferrum, Iron
Male= Man

:vince:

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

Spergminer posted:

HC = Hardcore
Fe = Ferrum, Iron
Male= Man

Alright, I gotta give that pubbie props.

Today, I want to do a little special feature on the music of Runescape. Prepare yourselves for..

:sax: :slick: Pizza Lady's Songs of Gilenor!:slick: :sax:

Here I will link to a couple of tunes throughout my Runescape play that I like, and hope that some of you goons will want to give a listen and like. I know a lot of you play with music off, but maybe this will have you turning it on. If people like it, I could do more of these, picking out songs I find that I like, and seeing as how there's over hundreds and hundreds of songs, there's plenty to feature! This first one will feature non-midi pieces so you can feel less like a dork about listening to video game music.

We'll start off with Misthalin Mood III. This song often plays around the Grand Exchange. It certainly sets a mood, and makes you feel like you're playing a really cool medieval game, rather than Runescape.

Another mood setting piece is Draynor Market. This is a fitting piece for the night setting of Draynor Village, with a similar feeling to the classic Long Way Home theme.

The suggestive title, Stick Your Oar In is another moody piece that unlocks at Player Owned Ports, and I think it's wicked good. The piece always brings back nostalgic memories of when I first started doing Ports and was excited about all the ships I was sending back and forth.

Here's a piece named after the best emote in the game, Troubadour Dance. It reminds of another piece, which I think was called Quicksand, but I'll have to actually find it again to be sure.

Let's get creepy crawly with the song that plays in Araxxor's lair, Webbed Feat. This piece isn't what I'd define as spooky, but it's a most fitting piece for going into a lair full of spiders, especially if you have arachnophobia. This song continues to remind me of my failure to kill that damned arachnid. :mad:

Here's a piece I've mentioned several times and one you should've heard by now if you've seen my video guides, it's Awaken, the boss theme for Queen Black Dragon. Actually, I'm not sure about the naming, as it says Awaken in my Jukebox, but you can find it plainly by searching Queen Black Dragon... so whatever. Either way, it's such a perfect song for your first time fighting the Queen and you're freaking out about winning against a beast taller than VonSchneider.

More boss themes?! Here's the redone Insect Queen song, which is for the Kalphite Queen. One that was worth remaking in my opinion. The new version can't be found online, at least not when I looked, so I recorded it myself and put it in mp3 form above.

You might have heard this one, Book of 1000 Songs which Jagex recently released as their 1000th song. It's cheesy as hell, so definitely not one you want to be caught listening to if you're hiding your Runescape secret to keep a reputation, but it's still kinda cool.

And of course... this wouldn't be complete without showing what happens if Jagex completely loses it and goes off the other end, giving us the le bacon xd song of Glutton for Nourishment. Hopefully they had fun making it and didn't wonder why they decided to work at Jagex.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Themata posted:

Either way, it's such a perfect song for your first time fighting the Queen and you're freaking out about winning against a beast taller than VonSchneider.

'
what the gently caress

Counterpoint: Release version of High Spirits, the case for returning to .midi music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRmTgfFDIC0

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running
I like just comparing all the different version of Newbie Melody we've had over the years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNW9TAwImBY

The classic-est Original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBRJfILmXDE

The screechy MIDI Trumpet version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3YxgBrnorI

The kinda boring one I can't make any jokes about we had until RS3's launch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeS9O_KumnI

And the pretty rad Orchestral Version we got with RS3.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Themata posted:

-musics-

more good music:

Conspiracy part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT63yWBT5Ok

But we can fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSBrIlepYuc

Return of Lucien
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVYwn_UQJlk

Autumn voyage throughout the years
Classic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4M4XTsx2cA

Rs2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMFPrE61rEU

Rs3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLLvD-sFNfk

I think i prefer the RS2 version here. love this song though, it has this really adventurous vibe to it. Like you've just left home for the first time and are exploring the big, dangerous world all alone. It starts out lonely and quiet, and quickly gets more actiony as it goes on.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH

It's coming along nicely

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I'm a fan of the three songs that play during Fish Flingers. They're all pretty upbeat and pleasant to listen to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iOOnI2Hw64

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_HbnpDfLp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07f6Bq2BapA

I like most of the songs in this game, even the midis.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Pizza Lady, it is my dream to be featured in one of your Sims 2 updates. They are loving wonderful.

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

Themata posted:

Today, I want to do a little special feature on the music of Runescape. Prepare yourselves for..

You forgot the funky skeleton beats of the best boss in Daemonheim.

Ride the wind!

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Urgggh sorry about yesterday. Apparently the constant disconnecting wasn't my router being poo poo, but it making GBS threads itself to death - it died like an hour before the POH event and never turned back on again. :rip: No idea if you all went through with the event or not, but if you haven't we can try for this next coming reset. Otherwise, I hope somebody took lots of pictures or video. :ohdear:

mcclay posted:

Pizza Lady, it is my dream to be featured in one of your Sims 2 updates. They are loving wonderful.

Thank you :) I could make this happen if I either know how to make your Sim appear via your pic or a likeness. Likeness worked for people like Pizza Pirate and Dwarf, heh.

palamedes posted:

You forgot the funky skeleton beats of the best boss in Daemonheim.

Ride the wind!

I was going to cover that in my midi version coverages. Churra! It's a good song either way brah.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXv1hQv9uCc

:parrot:

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
GoonScape POH Event, January 10th/11th 2015
100% Pizza Lady Free!!!

With the event organiser not even turning up for her own event, clan Dad, FlexMentallo, took charge and he started things off by inviting us all into his home.
Unfortunately I didn't think to take screenies at this point, but it looked something like this.

After we had all wiped our feet in grass it was onto Absolutego's abode

At this point Dad was already tired and took a nap while everybody else waited patiently around the table for him.
After a snowman disease came and passed, he finally did wake and it was onto Bloodstains desert getaway

Pretty nice theme and much blood stains were produced that day
The desert is no place for a prolonged wrestle though and soon we sought out a more temperate homestead, which led us to Honey's

Poor design or sex dungeon? Sex dungeon.
Not wanting to become Honey's next victim, we hurriedly moved onto Taverley and Kayfabe's residence (that's me)

Woo. I caught me an Absolutego! Unfortunately the cage and Rocnar I ordered were from 2005 and nothing interesting happened.
Anyway people were starting to stink up my joint so I kicked them out and we all trundled along to Hedonquir's cabin in the woods

Hopefully by 'soonish' he means 'Jagex soon' and so we don't have to worry about it for at least 10 years.
But just in case he didn't, it was time to move one once again. And so onto mcclay1's shack

It was pretty empty, but at least there was beer!
Before we could get too drunk, we were marched on once again. This time we stopped by at Pizza Friar's cubbyhole

Woo more beer. This was quickly turning into some sort of Bar crawl.
People were starting to feel a bit ill and these log cabins were a bit chilly, so we moved onto Fort Drakker Noir

It was good to stand within some sturdy accommodation again, it even had an upstairs and Flex found the toilet, sort of.
The place grew a bit stinky after that and we were all keen to press on with our tour. Next up was Imma Pizza's setup

It was a pretty cool place, although there was a shrine to Bob the cat, so hopefully this isn't the home of a closet furry.
The fun didn't end there though as we had some late arrivals. First up was Pizza Man's Punchsport Pagoda

As a patriotic Brit, I was dismayed to see the Queen's rules disregarded so blatantly.
Finally our tour concluded at the digs of one BillyGinkers

This made me want to play Dungeon Keeper.
It quickly ended up in a fight to the death as Billy chased us through his trapped corridors, systematically picking us off one by one.

And thus concluded the tour.
Sorry for the lame text, blame Pizza Lady for no showing and not filling it all with grace and puns :P

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I logged in right during the event so I couldn't add in that awful balance beam before you guys visited for a full-on combat dungeon :(
(I killed everyone because I was wearing full tetsu and chaotic rapiers)

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

Pina Coladas posted:

GoonScape POH Event, January 10th/11th 2015
100% Pizza Lady Free!!!

With the event organiser not even turning up for her own event, clan Dad, FlexMentallo, took charge and he started things off by inviting us all into his home.
Unfortunately I didn't think to take screenies at this point, but it looked something like this.

And thus concluded the tour.
Sorry for the lame text, blame Pizza Lady for no showing and not filling it all with grace and puns :P

It was my now dead router to blame. :mad: I'm sure me M.I.A. caused a great many tears, but I think you did a great job of recapping everything. :) I'll just have to show off my house some other way... maybe during a fundraiser/contest.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
No excuses, you missed your own event and shall be punished for doing so

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

Swicky posted:

No excuses, you missed your own event and shall be punished for doing so

:(

Even with your meanness, I have decided to post two Player Owned Ports image guides for what I feel are the two biggies that newcomers and even vets will have a hard time with. With that, I present to you,

Pizza Lady's Portable Player Powered Ports Crew Guide

Pizza Lady's Plentiful Player Packed Ports Adventurers Guide

Never wonder again which crew belongs for which region, or what adventurers give which goods!

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Whats the crack with OSRS? I'm fancying some RS Classic but short of private servers [which always get wiped / shut down] but figure OSRS is the place to be. The last time I had RS membership was when it came out but I never bothered.

I logged in today as I have the yearly RS itch, but everything just feels too overbearing and thrown in my face. I have a 2002 account so I enjoy running around with a scythe and 10 year cape, then when I realise how dumb this is , I get overwhelmed/bored and log-off. I like the humble stuff like fishing

Naan Bread
Sep 3, 2011

07 scape is objectively terrible and you should learn how to play rs3

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

That and not a lot of goons (almost none) play osrs so the community is even more poo poo by default

There's always legacy mode if you want at least some of the old school look and feel, and which has the old school combat system until you get comfortable with it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.

Swicky posted:

It's coming along nicely

I commend your efforts; I can't fill my sock to the extent that you are. I still have around 3m experience to go, mainly in prayer and construction.

How'd you do the wc portion? Did you chop and drop, or did you bother with banking? I've been working up the care to get to 68 for ivy, but ugh. It's so lame.