Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Speaking of SVU, I don't normally watch it, but I sat down and watched a marathon of the most hosed up episodes they've ever made. It would not surprise me that if after 8 hours of that there was a massive spike in suicides, because it was depressing as gently caress and left you with less hope for humanity that you had before.

After watching all the baby raping and incest and murder for blood to masturbate with and necrophilia and weird combinations of said sick poo poo, I just felt bummed out for days, and I don't even get the sad brains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

gently caress you, I call Munch

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Smiling Jack posted:

The Red Army Faction will always have a special place in my heart. Yeah, these guys are willing to go out in a blaze of glory, but the first generation of the RAF managed to pull off a coordinated mass suicide inside a maximum security prison.

... or did they :tinfoil:

Every generation is the first one to think they discovered sex, and urban terrorism I guess.

it's stuff like the EFP or whatever on that armored car which only took out the one HVT, while everyone else walked away from it, that just screams "better class of terrorist" to me.

Then again we had Gladio as well.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Smiling Jack posted:

The Red Army Faction will always have a special place in my heart. Yeah, these guys are willing to go out in a blaze of glory, but the first generation of the RAF managed to pull off a coordinated mass suicide inside a maximum security prison.

Every generation is the first one to think they discovered sex, and urban terrorism I guess.

Reminder that The Baader Meinhof Complex is a pretty decent flick and you all should watch it.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Smiling Jack posted:

Lol just lol if you believe that Andreas Baader shot himself in the back in the head in a german high security prison. He was in fact murdered by the fascist state of west germany.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
Yay. I'm Casey Novak

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Syncopated posted:

Lol just lol if you believe that Andreas Baader shot himself in the back in the head in a german high security prison. He was in fact murdered by the fascist state of west germany.

hence the :tinfoil: but they probably did all commit suicide as a revolutionary act

also

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/2484745.stm

Smiling Jack fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Jan 11, 2015

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

ActusRhesus posted:

Yay. I'm Casey Novak

Irl im between stabler and ice-t. Truf dawg. For real dawg. Narcotics.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

not caring here posted:

Speaking of SVU, I don't normally watch it, but I sat down and watched a marathon of the most hosed up episodes they've ever made. It would not surprise me that if after 8 hours of that there was a massive spike in suicides, because it was depressing as gently caress and left you with less hope for humanity that you had before.

After watching all the baby raping and incest and murder for blood to masturbate with and necrophilia and weird combinations of said sick poo poo, I just felt bummed out for days, and I don't even get the sad brains.

This'll make you feel better

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jfX8VhqsZS8

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0DpxwN1o43E

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm John Doe #6's severed penis.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Zeroisanumber posted:

I've seen that video a dozen times over the years and I'll never stop cringing at the part where they climb out of their foxholes and start walking into an irradiated blast zone.

Charge out of your trenches toward the enemy who has been irradiated if not vaporized! It will make us look like true warriors!

I watched that documentary on Netflix a while ago. Can't remember what it's called, but William Shatner's the narrator and the lack of dialogue combined with epic music almost made it a bit bizarre to watch. Takes you from the beginning of atmospheric testing to the last one the US detonated in outer space in the early 60s.

There's also Radio Bikini, which had an interview with a guy who was on one of the ships when they did the testing in the South Pacific and jumped in the water to cool off just afterward because "Bah Gawd, there aren't any after effects of being here, the CO said so! Jump in, ya pussies!" and 35 years later had a horribly deformed leg and terminal cancer to boot.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Use a nuclear bunker buster. Just say there was already fuel down there and nobody will question the fallout plume. :getin:

The Octopussy end to the world. I like it.

(Detonate a nuclear device at a military installation. Nobody will know who to retaliate against because it could have been either a) an accident with an American bomb or b) a rocket strike from a Soviet missile. Nobody will be able to prove which it was, and who to send nuclear hellfire toward in response.)

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer

CBJSprague24 posted:

I watched that documentary on Netflix a while ago. Can't remember what it's called, but William Shatner's the narrator and the lack of dialogue combined with epic music almost made it a bit bizarre to watch. Takes you from the beginning of atmospheric testing to the last one the US detonated in outer space in the early 60s.

Trinity and Beyond. Definite pro-watch.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

thetechnoloser posted:

It isn't on Netflix (currently), but it is on Hulu :science:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

CBJSprague24 posted:

The Octopussy end to the world. I like it.

(Detonate a nuclear device at a military installation. Nobody will know who to retaliate against because it could have been either a) an accident with an American bomb or b) a rocket strike from a Soviet missile. Nobody will be able to prove which it was, and who to send nuclear hellfire toward in response.)

Swing and a miss. I meant that the world would still know it was an Israeli strike, but they could claim the uptick in radioactive dust in the atmosphere was from reactor fuel being scattered by the underground explosion and not a nuclear device being detonated underground.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

I love the cavalry charge into a mushroom cloud to Conan the Barbarian music

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
"Hunan, what is best in life?"

"To nuke your enemies, see them vaporized before you, and to hear the blast wave kill their women"

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

VikingSkull posted:

"To nuke your enemies, see them vaporized before you, and to hear the blast wave kill their women"

QFT

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Well anonymous took down their first website

http://mashable.com/2015/01/10/anonymous-operation-charlie-hebdo/

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Simultaneously across the world many victory scarves and fedoras donned. And oh look the site is back up Insallah

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
How long until anonymous (read: 15 year old pimply nerd in basement) gets "taken down" by ISIS?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

thetechnoloser posted:

I'll put this one on the list. Amazon Prime doesn't seem to have it in instant watch though :(

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

thetechnoloser posted:

That's it. The last one detonated in space looked like a party. "Let's all hang out on the beach, throw some steaks on the grill, toss back some beers, crank up the radio, and watch the firework. One last, big firework which will temporarily kill the radio."

The footage of Tsar Bomba getting dropped was pretty unsettling to be brutally honest. That thing messed people up 50 miles away.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

VikingSkull posted:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

CBJSprague24 posted:

That's it. The last one detonated in space looked like a party. "Let's all hang out on the beach, throw some steaks on the grill, toss back some beers, crank up the radio, and watch the firework. One last, big firework which will temporarily kill the radio."

The footage of Tsar Bomba getting dropped was pretty unsettling to be brutally honest. That thing messed people up 50 miles away.

The guys who made Trinity and Beyond, Atom Central, have a made a bunch of really awesome atomic bomb films. One is about how they filmed the nuclear tests in Nevada, one is about non-US nuclear test sites, one is about the nukes they detonated in low Earth orbit ("rainbow bombs") and one is about broken arrows and lost nuclear weapons. You can get them all in a cool dvd box here. When I bought mine they threw in a cool little keychain looking glass thingy that showed you a picture of the Little Boy bomb when you peered through it.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Mike-o posted:

How long until anonymous (read: 15 year old pimply nerd in basement) gets "taken down" by ISIS?

Not long. They'll LOIC some low hanging websites and then maybe crack a twitter account or two and then quit.

Barracuda Bang!
Oct 21, 2008

The first rule of No Avatar Club is: you do not talk about No Avatar Club. The second rule of No Avatar Club is: you DO NOT talk about No Avatar Club
Grimey Drawer

ManMythLegend posted:

Not long. They'll LOIC some low hanging websites and then maybe crack a twitter account or two and then quit.

That'll show 'em

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Barracuda Bang! posted:

That'll show 'em

They can add it to their trophy wall which so far only consists of getting a couple of pedos arrested and making some tweens kill themselves.

Barracuda Bang!
Oct 21, 2008

The first rule of No Avatar Club is: you do not talk about No Avatar Club. The second rule of No Avatar Club is: you DO NOT talk about No Avatar Club
Grimey Drawer

ManMythLegend posted:

They can add it to their trophy wall which so far only consists of getting a couple of pedos arrested and making some tweens kill themselves.

Whoa, idea. Cyber bully ISIS?

This is the true front line of cyberwarfare

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
It'll last until ISIS notices and then chops a 5-year old's head off, puts one of their stupid V masks on it, and then posts a video of the head on a pike.

MeatForBones
Jul 9, 2012

So when you get notified to don your CBRN poo poo, how long do you have to apply your horses respirator? I mean sure it looks cool but they would surely have been just as well with some dune buggies, muscle cars and trucks with dart guns on the back.

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Suffer not the lobbyist to live.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Swing and a miss. I meant that the world would still know it was an Israeli strike, but they could claim the uptick in radioactive dust in the atmosphere was from reactor fuel being scattered by the underground explosion and not a nuclear device being detonated underground.

Mass spectrometer would show the wrong isotope distribution for that though :goonsay:

And that other tool we had that I can't remember the name of

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

KetTarma posted:

Mass spectrometer would show the wrong isotope distribution for that though :goonsay:

And that other tool we had that I can't remember the name of

it was called the reactor

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Zeroisanumber posted:

It'll last until ISIS notices and then chops a 5-year old's head off, puts one of their stupid V masks on it, and then posts a video of the head on a pike.

Much like how their war on the Mexican cartels lasted as long as it took for one of the cartels allegedly kidnap a Mexican member of anonymous that may or may not have been a person that exists at all.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Almost 70 fail the crocodile bile challenge in Mozambique

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

"I dunno, man. Maybe we should give this one a pass."

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
loving pussies, I once added a shot of Jaeger to my beer and I was fine. Crocodile bile ain't no thing

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Well at least they were already at a funeral, no biggie.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Meanwhile African Jim Jones is mad his Kool Aid just quenched everyone's thirst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Booblord Zagats posted:

Meanwhile African Jim Jones is mad his Kool Aid just quenched everyone's thirst

Oh yeah!

• Locked thread