Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I think that's the first time he's watched the cutscene that comes after beating a dungeon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I gotta clock out, can't fight it anymore and I need some sack time before football tomorrow.

Hope I don't miss a lot of awesome early bonus stream.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome

Jamfrost posted:

I can't really deal enjoy with low energy runs. I'll check out Vanquish instead.

I was catching up on VODs before this, and I went Super Mario RPG->Vanquish->HL2 Episode 2->this

It's like slamming into a tree at 80 mph

I know it's late and I know people are tired and sick, and I have no problem with low energy runs, but man, there's just so much silence from the couch

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Sounds like the OoT run is about as interesting as expected. I was never really a Zelda guy so I wouldn't be able to get much out of these runs anyway, although I did skim through the blindfolded run and that was pretty drat impressive.

At least the final stuff is at a convenient time for us Europeans, and after that I might be able to be a bit more productive again. :toot:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Kanfy posted:

Sounds like the OoT run is about as interesting as expected. I was never really a Zelda guy so I wouldn't be able to get much out of these runs anyway, although I did skim through the blindfolded run and that was pretty drat impressive.

At least the final stuff is at a convenient time for us Europeans, and after that I might be able to be a bit more productive again. :toot:

It's a good run and there's cool stuff it's just obious that all the people there are dead exhausted.

I kinda would have liked to see KH2 as the finale. Maybe SMRPG, though I didn't actually watch that yet.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

drat, haven't been on twitter in a few days. Cancer will have to be baked away next year I suppose.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

flatluigi posted:

I kinda would have liked to see KH2 as the finale.

As bad as the singing was it would be a nice way to keep everyone into it.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Part of it is that OOT has lost some of its novelty as a wildly buggy run. A few years back when Cosmo did his all dungeons run, it blew viewers' minds that he could pull these stunts and that everything was happening completely out of order. Now GDQ and speedrunning in general have really blown up, so it may feel a bit old hat to people, especially with the on-camera energy so low.

Kung-Fu Jesus
Dec 13, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

The singing was a pleasant surprise, objectively

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Only Notch can save us now.

"I'm going to double every donation made during the Ocarina of Time 100% run. Greetings from Sweden."

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Crotch Bat posted:

I'm pretty sure they're 4-5 hours behind schedule, give or take. This is the first GDQ in a couple that they've gone over. They started out going horrendously over time in the early ones when they were still learning and polishing up how they run it but the recent SGDQ and AGDQ before this I think went well under time(or I think would have but they propped it up with extra unannounced runs to fill the time).

This one's just had problems and it's just one of those things. SGDQ will probably be fine and they'll continue to learn.

It's hard to pin down any one thing, I honestly want to blame estimates swinging too far in the other direction. "Setup" buffer between runs is no longer included in the estimates, (separate column in the schedule now) but it may still have dropped too much even after that's factored in.

We've definitely had some setup snafus though. The headsets seem to confuse everybody. :v:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kung-Fu Jesus posted:

The singing was a pleasant surprise, objectively

You're probably right, I barely listened to any of it before muting it every time (and I did not stay up for the full run).

Supercar Gautier posted:

especially with the on-camera energy so low.

this is 90% of the problem

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

flatluigi posted:

It's a good run and there's cool stuff it's just obious that all the people there are dead exhausted.

I kinda would have liked to see KH2 as the finale. Maybe SMRPG, though I didn't actually watch that yet.

Yeah, I don't doubt that it's a good run but it's so long and so late and OoT has been run so many times that it's hard to make it exciting. You can't even appreciate all the cool stuff if you haven't played OoT yourself.

IcePhoenix posted:

The singing was hilarious and anyone who complained about it needs to lighten up. :colbert:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Supercar Gautier posted:

Part of it is that OOT has lost some of its novelty as a wildly buggy run. A few years back when Cosmo did his all dungeons run, it blew viewers' minds that he could pull these stunts and that everything was happening completely out of order. Now GDQ and speedrunning in general have really blown up, so it may feel a bit old hat to people, especially with the on-camera energy so low.

From what I'm seeing this isn't a wildly buggy run. I can dig any% OOT, cause it's a very buggy run, where they drop and fall onto falling rocks at certain angles to rocket themselves into exit zones and stuff. 100% is less crazy buggy and more playing the game really efficiently and optimally.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Comrade Question posted:

"I'm going to double every donation made during the Ocarina of Time 100% run. Greetings from Sweden."

Greetings from Beverly Hills you mean.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Serperoth posted:

From what I'm seeing this isn't a wildly buggy run. I can dig any% OOT, cause it's a very buggy run, where they drop and fall onto falling rocks at certain angles to rocket themselves into exit zones and stuff. 100% is less crazy buggy and more playing the game really efficiently and optimally.

Actually the vast majority of this has been bugs and glitches. I'll grant you that they aren't the most exciting or flashy, but yeah

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Serperoth posted:

100% does every glitch in any% except for Mido Skip, it's just there's an entire glitched run between "Wrong Warp to Ganon" and "Void Warp to skip Tower Collapse"

The Sezza
Feb 18, 2007
Even if you didn't like the singing, you have to admit, SpikeVegeta doing pretty spot-on imitations of both Gaston and Lefou's voices during their song was at least a bit impressive. :colbert:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

The Sezza posted:

Even if you didn't like the singing, you have to admit, SpikeVegeta doing pretty spot-on imitations of both Gaston and Lefou's voices during their song was at least a bit impressive. :colbert:

I cannot loving wait to see and hear this.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Poultron posted:

Actually the vast majority of this has been bugs and glitches. I'll grant you that they aren't the most exciting or flashy, but yeah

That's closer to what I meant, yeah. Any%, you clip through a wall and skip to the last fight, where you fight the boss with a stick you shouldn't have, as a character you shouldn't be. In this one, you go out of bounds to get an item without opening a door and stuff. Less exciting.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Chucat posted:

100% does every glitch in any% except for Mido Skip, it's just there's an entire glitched run between "Wrong Warp to Ganon" and "Void Warp to skip Tower Collapse"
A lot of that feels like filler, though. Yeah, there's a bunch of zooming around at hyperspeed and doing things that, to someone familiar with the game, are clearly out of order, but it's easy to lose track of how far the runner actually is, especially when they have to run around collecting skulltulas in weird places. Any% solves this problem by just having one big glitch in it which is sufficiently bizarre and sufficiently close to the end that you don't really have a chance to get bored with the run after that.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

MST (or All Dungeons) is a good balance because it doesn't just skip the whole game, the viewer can follow along by keeping count of the dungeons even though they're out of order, and there's almost no time wasted on boring collecting.

SteelFusion
Jan 10, 2006

that cow college

The donation reader is doing her best to keep things upbeat and exciting, but good GOD is this painful. The dude behind the couch checking his phone/playing his DS really says it all.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Has Runnerguy said a single word in the last four hours?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Your Computer posted:

:agreed:
At least he wasn't as bad as the balding dude with the "lick lips every second" tick that was behind the couch on 90% of the runs last SGDQ:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsZELoI33T4&t=1364s
(on the left. Dude just sat there staring, licking his lips for hours at a time)

Yeah, i guess you could call having Tourette's awkward.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

ONE

MILLION

DOLLARS

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Oh, there's the Humble Bundle donation.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l91ISfcuzDw

IcePhoenix posted:

Oh, there's the Humble Bundle donation.
Was that from adding in the Humble Bundle or did Notch or someone just save up a couple hundred thousand just for the end?

EDIT: Answered VVVVVVV

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
https://gamesdonequick.com/tracker/donation/169869

Name: Humble Bundle
Amount: $191,547.21

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
'dorf getting banished into a infinite camera staring into itself gag. :golfclap:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CJ posted:

Yeah, i guess you could call having Tourette's awkward.

Nah, way more stuff with that dude than Tourettes. The brony t-shirt he never changed, the staring, the hanging over people's shoulders making them uncomfortable.

e: holy poo poo 1.5 million. That's mad ca$$h :vince:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That donation glitch makes a lot of sense for why donations were really slowing down.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
Oh, there may be what, 400,000 dollars donated that were untracked? :stare:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Exactly.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

Potentially $1.5M? Holy poo poo, that's massive! Huge props to the staff, runners and everyone else this year.

e: Beaten, but I don't care!

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one
Don't forget the $612 from people who somehow figured out how to donate to SGDQ 2014 and AGDQ 2014.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Well, its been a nice week. Not sure if the bonus stream if gonna be worth watching, or I'll even be awake for it, but this was a great marathon to watch. Best one by far.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

I dub thee Headshaker.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

AbrahamLincolnLog posted:

Don't forget the $612 from people who somehow figured out how to donate to SGDQ 2014 and AGDQ 2014.
:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

Schurik posted:

I dub thee Headshaker.

I'd also shake my head in slight disbelief if I was part of raising that much money.

• Locked thread