Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

BBC says a fee in the region of £30m has been agreed for Bony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Cisse is apparently speaking to Swansea about a transfer :wtc:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

euroboy posted:

BBC says a fee in the region of £30m has been agreed for Bony.

The actual article say £28m, which is daylight robbery and I'm not happy at all.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone
You'd think Man City of all teams wouldn't lowball

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
Man city is supposed to get about £24m from that Negredo deal with Valencia so they don't really have to dig deep

Good bit of business for Swansea though

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

sassassin posted:

The actual article say £28m, which is daylight robbery and I'm not happy at all.

Its a shame to lose your talisman. Are you guys goin to bring Michu back?

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

sassassin posted:

How in gently caress do City manage to get relatively good value when buying and selling players even though everyone knows they have unlimited oil money

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

PirateBob posted:

How in gently caress do City manage to get relatively good value when buying and selling players even though everyone knows they have unlimited oil money

Did I fall through a portal to crazy town, how is bony a 28m striker?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Byolante posted:

I'm going to guess it has something to do with scoring more league goals than any other player in 2014

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone

Byolante posted:

Probably better than a 35million striker ~~Carroll~~

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

MoPZiG posted:

Its a shame to lose your talisman. Are you guys goin to bring Michu back?

No. He's a oval office who doesn't want to come back and isn't wanted back.

Swansea made Danny Graham look good for a while so I'm not too worried. Gomis will come good. But Europa qualification is probably off the table now (oh noooo) .

£28m is good money for a player that had a £19m release clause before November, and should hold off on the board selling shares to Americans for a bit. Buy an extra fullback this month and I'm happy enough.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Byolante posted:

He's scored 1 in 2 for a midtable club in the Premier League over the past two seasons, which means he already knows the league etc. I assume they're thinking that placed in an even better team, he'll score even more.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

vyelkin posted:

He's scored 1 in 2 for a midtable club in the Premier League over the past two seasons, which means he already knows the league etc. I assume they're thinking that placed in an even better team, he'll score even more.
When was the last time this actually worked

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Chris de Sperg posted:

RVP :hehe:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

vyelkin posted:

He wont though because he'll play less games, so any good run of form he gets going will get broken when it's Dzeko's turn to play again

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Yes, perennial midtable club Arsenal and their inability to create chances in the season RVP won the golden boot with them.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

vyelkin posted:

Obvious lol racism but he is a big strong forward who needs pacey players around him to open up his runs from what I have seen. I can't see him doing anything other than flop like Lukaku has done now he isn't a loan deal special.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

pik_d posted:

He wont though because he'll play less games, so any good run of form he gets going will get broken when it's Dzeko's turn to play again

He should definitely be starting over Dzeko

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Chris de Sperg posted:

Sturridge :cool:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Lukaku and Bony have the opposite strengths and weaknesses. Bony can't run in behind, Lukaku sucks poo poo at trying to hold the ball up.

Bony has some pretty big weaknesses but he might really suit a team that has loads of the ball in the final third. Good first touch, decent finisher and can pull of a little bit of magic under pressure.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Jose posted:

He should definitely be starting over Dzeko

There will be rotation, it's hard to say who will get more games but they'll both take turns playing

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Bony also knows that you have stay central and near the penalty area to score the goals, unlike Dzeko.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Byolante posted:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Bony's basically the EPL's Diego Costa. Striker has two good seasons and is suddenly worth £30 million.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Vegetable posted:

Bony's basically the EPL's Diego Costa. Striker has two good seasons and is suddenly worth £30 million.

Carroll - Jelavic - Benteke - Michu - Bony

edit - Lambert :(

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
...Lukaku?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

chuggo is BACK posted:

Carroll - Jelavic - Benteke - Michu - Bony

Carroll had 1 good season in the Championship and half a season in the PL, and you forgot Lambert and possibly Berahino/Sterling

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Charlie Austin and Danny Ings are starting to crop up as well

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
The deal is actually £25m + a potential performance-related £3m

Joopjan
Nov 5, 2009
Bony is a legend in holland for sending (and having gotten leaked) dickpics to underage girls

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Oops wrong thread

TheBigAristotle fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jan 11, 2015

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Byolante posted:

Strikers are expensive has heck these days, so I'm not surprised that big strapping athletic 26 year old lad who scores 1 in 2 is going for 28m.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Joopjan posted:

Bony is a legend in holland for sending (and having gotten leaked) dickpics to underage girls

I didn't get around to checking whether he actually has a teenage son, I'm just taking it on faith.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Joopjan posted:

And people complain about immigrants being unwilling to adapt to the local culture.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Joopjan posted:

can someone link me to Bonys dick picks

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Moussa Sissoko is a cool guy

quote:

Sissoko said: “If Wenger calls me, I’ll have a man-to-man talk with him and we’ll see what happens. Arsenal have always been the club of my heart.

http://gu.com/p/44ncv/stw

oilcheck my ass
Mar 8, 2006

Well, hello ladies.

euroboy posted:

Moussa Sissoko is a cool guy

http://gu.com/p/44ncv/stw

god drat it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Wenger is never spending whats needed to sign him

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Jose posted:

Wenger is never spending whats needed to sign him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCy7lLQwToI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

sassassin posted:

and to think Spurs paid almost as much for Soldado :(

• Locked thread