Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LynetteHimeko
Dec 30, 2014

"My life was just like running in the darkness with only light of moon. I was just moving forward according with what I believe is right in Sengoku."
Are all shelling units able to buy incendiary rounds, or is it just for special ones? I was thinking lobbing incendiary rounds into a rat rush would help a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
The japanese wiki is pretty good for that

http://gow.swiki.jp/index.php?%E6%AD%A6%E5%99%A8%E6%80%A7%E8%83%BD%E6%AF%94%E8%BC%83%2F%E8%BF%AB%E6%92%83%E7%B3%BB

That should be all of the mortar weapons and which suits are able to get which weapons. While I don't see any there, we do have howitzers with incendiary. That is listed on the bazooka / grenade page.

http://gow.swiki.jp/index.php?%E6%A...%B3%BB#q265a55e

LynetteHimeko
Dec 30, 2014

"My life was just like running in the darkness with only light of moon. I was just moving forward according with what I believe is right in Sengoku."

Third World Reggin posted:

The japanese wiki is pretty good for that

http://gow.swiki.jp/index.php?%E6%AD%A6%E5%99%A8%E6%80%A7%E8%83%BD%E6%AF%94%E8%BC%83%2F%E8%BF%AB%E6%92%83%E7%B3%BB

That should be all of the mortar weapons and which suits are able to get which weapons. While I don't see any there, we do have howitzers with incendiary. That is listed on the bazooka / grenade page.

http://gow.swiki.jp/index.php?%E6%A...%B3%BB#q265a55e

Thanks man. Guess I just need to learn to use the wiki more.

Another night of great games guys. Found out I'm in the top 100 for heavies players from KACHO. I'm kind of shocked at that for only playing for a week and a half. :vince:

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

"This is no ordinary poster boy!
No ordinary poster!"

So boat and I have been expanding our duo to find even better anti rat positions on the map. We manage to land some ambushes on a lot of the rats and learning the maps much better.

Any notable maps in your replay list (Open profile, last tab) ... pretty much any map you play together?

LynetteHimeko posted:

Thanks man. Guess I just need to learn to use the wiki more.

Another night of great games guys. Found out I'm in the top 100 for heavies players from KACHO. I'm kind of shocked at that for only playing for a week and a half. :vince:

Good to see you'll be getting DX for your dedication and skill. Other than Sortie/EX events, leaderboards are a way to get DX for gold players since gold matches have a huge points multiplier.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

We generally only play together. Nothing too notable.

On the new york map we sit around Y and catch them as they cross the river.

On the ice map we sit at east or west of the space shuttle and catch them there.

The swamp map we are still working on spots but I think I know where we need to be.

On 2 fort we need to be on the south west or north east side of the castles to stop people coming through but due to the lack of any zeon in the fort, the other side tends to make solid pushes through when no one is there.

The space rail map and space map we haven't really found a spot and instead play support.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
EX event next week:

Play Massive VS or 6v6 to get EX tickets at the end of battles. The EX Gashacon will open, and you can acquire gold EX exclusive suits, DX, and Master tickets. In addition you can get silver prints for HMT Assault Gelgoog, and Hildofr. Feds get silver assault guntank and RX78-2 Gundam.

EX suits feds get are Slave Wraith GM, WD GM, and stolen Zaku II F2 Torrington spec.
Zeon gets Zaku II F Assault, Dom Tropical Test(This Dom doesn't exhibit any of the strengths of real Doms, I don't think its worth it), and Zaku IIF2 Assault Kinbareid spec.

In addition, a new commander tactic will be available, usable only once per game:

500 cost, send an ace to attack an enemy base.

During this time your force gauge cannot decrease if you die within a certain range of the ace or the targeted enemy base. Following this ace will give you bonus points as well. This could be used as a strong comeback tool, if your team is losing because of K:D and you absolutely need to hit a base to win. If you are on defense this is a good time to kill desperate attackers for points.

E:
EX Gashacon is a Gashacon with a limited number of items (Usually 100) just like the DX. I recommend going for the 10 tickets for 11 super shots deal for this Gashacon.

Once you've gotten the items you want, click the button highlighted in red to reset the EX gashacon back to 100 items. Useful if you're aiming to stock up on specific items, so you don't have to empty the EX entirely to hoard what you want (DX tickets if you're not interested in the EX suits).

E2: Also they are raising the suit proficiency cap from level 10 to level 20. There will be additional rewards for climbing up to and at level 20.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Jan 9, 2015

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Fun fact: Pixies do not expect a gold Hildolfr on anti-rat duties. They also really don't like maxed out dual H-Machine guns or net cannons. It's hilarious how easily most rats will just give up and leave. Between getting shot once at long range, and getting warcrimed by Grithok, I'm shocked at how no one else really does this. Especially considering gold matches no longer seem to have the massive radar networks they use to have, or even support players at times.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

Fun fact: Pixies do not expect a gold Hildolfr on anti-rat duties. They also really don't like maxed out dual H-Machine guns or net cannons. It's hilarious how easily most rats will just give up and leave. Between getting shot once at long range, and getting warcrimed by Grithok, I'm shocked at how no one else really does this. Especially considering gold matches no longer seem to have the massive radar networks they use to have, or even support players at times.

I like how getting warcrimed is a thing. And am I seeing things or do Pixies do flips? If they're doing flips, their annoyance has just increased tenfold.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

CassiusW posted:

I like how getting warcrimed is a thing. And am I seeing things or do Pixies do flips? If they're doing flips, their annoyance has just increased tenfold.
280 cost Vanilla Pixie doesn't flip.

It's the 300 cost gold Fred Pixie A3 dagger only. The second swing in their 3 stage boost attack chain is a backwards flip. It becomes a forward flip if they rotate the camera 180° . It acts as a double/triple/quadruple/penta jump if they aim the camera at the floor before performing it, that's how they get up to really high places.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

Free Triangle posted:

280 cost Vanilla Pixie doesn't flip.

It's the 300 cost gold Fred Pixie A3 dagger only. The second swing in their 3 stage boost attack chain is a backwards flip. It becomes a forward flip if they rotate the camera 180° . It acts as a double/triple/quadruple/penta jump if they aim the camera at the floor before performing it, that's how they get up to really high places.

Ridiculous. Get Spider Man out of my Mobile Suit Gundam.

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

CassiusW posted:

Ridiculous. Get Spider Man out of my Mobile Suit Gundam.

Found a way to kill Pixies. Get that mech with the cross for a face and the canon which does 1500 damage per laser shot. Then just sit beside the heal stations.

LynetteHimeko
Dec 30, 2014

Nice way to end the morning with KACHO and Sorata on a 3 win streak.

Akahana the savior of Jaburo and New York BC rush into A push with dropship best strats.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

You get today's award for First Good Laugh of the Day.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

2 kills per minute.

Lots of salty games tonight, still had fun though.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013
I can hardly score over 100 and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

CassiusW posted:

Shoot robots, heal robots, warcrime robots. Don't get your robot dead. Maybe cap points if there isn't a lot of bad robots nearby.

Like Grithok usually scores stupid high in matches by just running around in a Recon Zaku taking pretty pictures of Gundams and doing spot heals on people nearby. If you're confident in your ability to kill Pixies then doing some anti-rat work also does ok.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael

CassiusW posted:

Kampfer + base race = profit

Pyronom
Nov 1, 2011
I recently applied to the clan, name: Hulkster.
I tried to make my character the closest possible approximation to hulk hogan, but the game seems lacking in terms of facial hair.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Gold tier matches are full of people who are able to rat so if you are not in a gold tier match, you are going to find people are are much easier to kill.

Cameras give you one point per target lit up and two more points if someone kills them.
If someone is marking targets, you can easily dash in and melee them or bazooka them around corners most of the time and that is another four or six points. Two or so if you get an assist.
Repair guns can remove a friendly war crime for one point each.
Ammo pods, radar, and repair guns are on the low end but are not bad.

Damage to bases is really king if you can do it, and that just means learning maps and having a very good suit that is highly mobile.

If you are just trying to get points by shooting, see if you are locking on to the target or not. If you are, there may be a few problems. Your weapon speed in this game is slower than other games so you have to lead more. Enemy suits don't always go the same speed so the leading is still different for each target. Modifications make this a larger variation.

Shoot on the ground with explosives or around corners. This is a good starter most of the time.

If you are melee, center your camera above your head with page up and practice melee in CO-OP or maneuvers to get the hang of it. You got a weird arc for some melee types. Some times the same weapon on a suit has a different arc for melee.

Attacking or defending locations gives a bonus on top of the capture and kill points you are already getting. It really does help out.

Try grabbing a friend and going outside of one of the well traveled lanes. If a map is east / west then find a point where you can shoot north / south and hit another lane. These tend to be ratter spots and most rats freak out if they encounter two or more suits since they are mainly solo players. Bonus point if you find an area where most rats run out of boost.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Pyronom posted:

I recently applied to the clan, name: Hulkster.
I tried to make my character the closest possible approximation to hulk hogan, but the game seems lacking in terms of facial hair.

Got you

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Gold tier matches are full of people who are able to rat so if you are not in a gold tier match, you are going to find people are are much easier to kill.

Cameras give you one point per target lit up and two more points if someone kills them.
If someone is marking targets, you can easily dash in and melee them or bazooka them around corners most of the time and that is another four or six points. Two or so if you get an assist.
Repair guns can remove a friendly war crime for one point each.
Ammo pods, radar, and repair guns are on the low end but are not bad.

Damage to bases is really king if you can do it, and that just means learning maps and having a very good suit that is highly mobile.

If you are just trying to get points by shooting, see if you are locking on to the target or not. If you are, there may be a few problems. Your weapon speed in this game is slower than other games so you have to lead more. Enemy suits don't always go the same speed so the leading is still different for each target. Modifications make this a larger variation.

Shoot on the ground with explosives or around corners. This is a good starter most of the time.

If you are melee, center your camera above your head with page up and practice melee in CO-OP or maneuvers to get the hang of it. You got a weird arc for some melee types. Some times the same weapon on a suit has a different arc for melee.

Attacking or defending locations gives a bonus on top of the capture and kill points you are already getting. It really does help out.

Try grabbing a friend and going outside of one of the well traveled lanes. If a map is east / west then find a point where you can shoot north / south and hit another lane. These tend to be ratter spots and most rats freak out if they encounter two or more suits since they are mainly solo players. Bonus point if you find an area where most rats run out of boost.

Was gonna type up a bunch but this sums it up really well. All I've got to add is map awareness really pays off, sometimes you can find a strong flank or possible rat opening to a base. Getting those chain of kills or hitting a base is where I get most of my points.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Depending on the map, I try to find enclosed spaces a lot of the time. I'm not real confident in my aiming skills a lot of the time so I prefer to reduce the enemy's ability to dodge as much as possible.

For example, on Texas, I spend a lot of time in the rectangular corridor that goes around the middle point; whether it's held by my team or the enemy team, there's going to be a stream of people going through there, so it's a good place for melee kills.

Or for knocking people down and shooting them with a sturm faust, whatever works vOv

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OT0G3O_xEA

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

-Troika- posted:

Depending on the map, I try to find enclosed spaces a lot of the time. I'm not real confident in my aiming skills a lot of the time so I prefer to reduce the enemy's ability to dodge as much as possible.

For example, on Texas, I spend a lot of time in the rectangular corridor that goes around the middle point; whether it's held by my team or the enemy team, there's going to be a stream of people going through there, so it's a good place for melee kills.

Or for knocking people down and shooting them with a sturm faust, whatever works vOv
I like this, it shows that you've stuck to a play-style and refined it over time to suit your deck. For maps that are mostly open space (ie. Castle town) I'm guessing you run guided missiles?

It's beautiful. Goes to show that its a bad idea to try melee the Agg head on if its equipped with the drill. My favourite is the Fred Pixie in the opening :laugh:

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Tonight was nuts, Had a long winning streak going too that war gauge was at %53 earlier.

LynetteHimeko
Dec 30, 2014

Free Triangle posted:

Tonight was nuts, Had a long winning streak going too that war gauge was at %53 earlier.

I'm confident that with the way we're finding new strats to combat the Feddie scum, the percentage will just rise even more.

Sieg Zeon! :frogc00l:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
There are two sets of Garage tickets x5 in the EX Gasha, good week to play if you want to increase your hanger space.. They come in increments of 5, but are only usable in increments of 10.

Every 10 Garage tickets increases hanger space by one.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I might sacrifice some rank this week and start clawing around with water units for the fucks of it.

Time to make an akahana remix for the club.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

So this game is fun and if it wasn't for the crushing amount of japanese you need to go through it would be even better

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, if there was one UI change they could make that would make me like this better, it would be to put a little picture of the unit a blueprint makes, on the actual blueprint item. YOu learn what each one is eventually but having that would make it far easier to sort them.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

-Troika- posted:

Yeah, if there was one UI change they could make that would make me like this better, it would be to put a little picture of the unit a blueprint makes, on the actual blueprint item. YOu learn what each one is eventually but having that would make it far easier to sort them.

this would be indeed nice.

LynetteHimeko
Dec 30, 2014

Amazing day of playing guys. Holding it down with SangarZ and Sorata for a lot of the day, we put in some nice work.

Last match of the night (or day) for me was with Aifa, MrPolar, SangarZ, and Me having an extremely clutch match.

We won by 0.08% in a civil war against those traitors! :vince: :vince: :vince:

Also managed to get top 3 heavy in Zeon. :vince: Representing NEO-GOONSA! Gelgoog Cannon and Zaku Marine is love.

I'm now in my promotion series for Vice Admiral, not sure I can preform up to that level yet.

LynetteHimeko
Dec 30, 2014

What I learned from this batch of games with KACHO and company today: Last minute nukes strongest play on Texas Colony and Feddie Trihard teams = instant lose on base rush maps.

Edit: I spent 150 dollars on this game in two weeks, lost my mind.

LynetteHimeko fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Jan 16, 2015

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

OrangeSoda digivolved into Monzaemon!

OrangeSoda has unlocked BEAR POWERS!
Wait, how are you even spending money on this game?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

OrangeSoda posted:

Wait, how are you even spending money on this game?

Super easily? You click the buy button and then like 2 pages later you're done. They region lock the game but they sure don't care where you're at if you're giving them money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

randombattle posted:

Super easily? You click the buy button and then like 2 pages later you're done. They region lock the game but they sure don't care where you're at if you're giving them money.

they did with me.

Wouldn't take my visa.

• Locked thread