Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I will be launching black gold in about 30 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Please record this so I can laugh along without installing 500 more rootkits on my machine.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Ahaha I guess they just took the age of wushu client and changed it up a bit

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Grithok might score!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Black desert is legit the same client as wushu.

Guess what html still works in chat?

Auto pathing? Yep

Timed events? gently caress at a certain time you gotta go into another area and be a spy!

Remove the combat, insert more janky class faction combat

Then add in robot suits or animals based on the faction you are a part of

Drinkfist is flying around in the JACKDAW a very pissed off fighter plane

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

About to kill drinkfist and go to jail

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Update: Prison is an island, no mech suits, pick up 400 loving things or spend 98 minutes. He killed me only twice.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Third World Reggin posted:

Update: Prison is an island, no mech suits, pick up 400 loving things or spend 98 minutes. He killed me only twice.

The more you post the more and more I'm convinced this game is an elaborate troll :psyduck:

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013
http://www.ageofwushu.com/news/view/481
http://www.ageofwushu.com/news/view/482

5th internals release and a server merge between BD/WT/GK. This will surely bring people back

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

PassiveSentence posted:

http://www.ageofwushu.com/news/view/481
http://www.ageofwushu.com/news/view/482

5th internals release and a server merge between BD/WT/GK. This will surely bring people back

Well over a year too loving late. Thank you snail games for continuing to be utterly incompetent :allears:

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
How empty are the servers where they're even considering this?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Kegslayer posted:

How empty are the servers where they're even considering this?

I heard there's maybe 30-40 people on Blue Dragon anymore (if even that) which are basically all pay2wins. Also instead of people I should probably say "characters" since so many accounts go sold to morons who are now stuck holding the bag.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007
It's funny, since Wulin is basically flourishing due to not being run by Snail. Fourth internal patch and people still clear out all the scripts each night from script-stealing, population seems to be holding at a healthy number. Also whether gPotato is good or bad, they were smart and merged servers before populations got too low, and have not even entertained the idea of a new server.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
This is one mmo that desperately needs player run servers. Do wushu server emulators exist in China?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah a proper emulated server would do wonders for age of wushu. Imagine playing AoW without bonkers ancient or cash shop sets and instead concentrating on school and faction sets. Tune out the exemplar internals so they are more in line with the others and you could have a really balanced and fun game.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Hal_2005 posted:

Just came here to say, this game and the Snail LLC fallout has made me laugh more times than it should. It's also been forwarded to their bankers at Citic, who thanks to the magic of selective disclosure and censorship had zero loving clue their client was in big poo poo in America-land.

Something to think about if your broker ever tells you Chinese Companies are an excellent investment. Their bankers don't even keep tabs on them 80% of the time.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Beautiful :allears:

Wonder when all their US servers will shut down for all their games :v: (not to mention if their backers back out of their chinese games, but I somehow doubt that)

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013

It's not like everyone left because the game was becoming too ping-dependent and p2w.

TDH has been here since the beginning :smuggo:

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

PassiveSentence posted:

It's not like everyone left because the game was becoming too ping-dependent and p2w.

They are truly the kings of the rapidly sinking ship. Good job TDH.

ArdanSortek
Jun 19, 2011

PassiveSentence posted:

Man, I knew they are dumb, but why are they still playing this game? Is it machismo? Are are they so bored that lording over a dead game on a dead server and talking to each others' sockpuppets the more entertaining alternative?

By the way,

Rexxed posted:

All done!

If you aren't good at computer and just want to link them to confuse and enrage people, here's an imgur gallery:
https://imgur.com/a/moFQJ#72

Here's an archive of all of the animated gifs (might be good to save a copy):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38459194/wushu-faces-animated.zip

If you think I hosed up, here's all the original png files grithok posted earlier from the client:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38459194/wushu-face.zip

If you think I hosed up animating, here's those png files bulk converted to gif frames, go download unfreez and make animated gifs yourself:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38459194/wushu-face-gif-frames.zip

Classic combos:

If you're using the imgur gallery it seems to have made jpg thumbnails of each one and if you click it there's a browsable list, but you seem to have to copy the link to the gif to paste it, not the thumbnail jpg.

Thanks for all the wushu emotes.

Especially

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

ArdanSortek posted:

Man, I knew they are dumb, but why are they still playing this game? Is it machismo? Are are they so bored that lording over a dead game on a dead server and talking to each others' sockpuppets the more entertaining alternative?

They've got exactly what they've wanted since goons first swarmed them way-back-when - unchallenged power. It's pure machismo, and I guess "victory" via everyone else leaving the game is victory enough for them. It vindicates all the hundreds of funbucks they bought because they're the most powerful now - despite the fact that they were pretty much steamrolled any time they weren't buying gear/skills or exploiting bugs.

TDH are among some of the poorest sports I've ever seen in games.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Enallyniv posted:

They've got exactly what they've wanted since goons first swarmed them way-back-when - unchallenged power. It's pure machismo, and I guess "victory" via everyone else leaving the game is victory enough for them. It vindicates all the hundreds of funbucks they bought because they're the most powerful now - despite the fact that they were pretty much steamrolled any time they weren't buying gear/skills or exploiting bugs.

TDH are among some of the poorest sports I've ever seen in games.

Yeah but that poor sportsmanship made their tears even sweeter. I haven't gotten satisfaction from beating up nerds in videogames in such a long time. It's the combination of their sheer stupidity, immaturity, and thin skin since pretty much all of them were sheltered mommy/daddy's boys.

I rode the game out for as long as I did because I felt so loving :smugdog: every time I heard one of them talking poo poo like they were in the screenshots and we just POUNDED them into the dirt. It never ever got old, and if Snail wasn't such utter poo poo I'd still be doing it.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Haroshia posted:

Yeah but that poor sportsmanship made their tears even sweeter. I haven't gotten satisfaction from beating up nerds in videogames in such a long time. It's the combination of their sheer stupidity, immaturity, and thin skin since pretty much all of them were sheltered mommy/daddy's boys.

I rode the game out for as long as I did because I felt so loving :smugdog: every time I heard one of them talking poo poo like they were in the screenshots and we just POUNDED them into the dirt. It never ever got old, and if Snail wasn't such utter poo poo I'd still be doing it.

In my last days I had some p2w TDH scholar using 4th inner and Leisure Kicks and pretending facerolling his keyboard made him good. He killed me once while I was chatting at the bank and had no buffs up while he did the ChienMa style buffed to hell and back I'M SO GOOD ganks.

So every time I saw him out after that I would load down on drugs and pounce him and it was great because he had poo poo ping and would just kick my parry all day so I used that ridiculously OP dagger set to beat him down until I had over 100 rage and then just did the external slut sting rage into him until he died. Then of course every time he died he would bring up the single time he killed me which is what every TDH did all the time :psyduck:

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013

Haquer posted:

In my last days I had some p2w TDH scholar using 4th inner and Leisure Kicks and pretending facerolling his keyboard made him good. He killed me once while I was chatting at the bank and had no buffs up while he did the ChienMa style buffed to hell and back I'M SO GOOD ganks.

So every time I saw him out after that I would load down on drugs and pounce him and it was great because he had poo poo ping and would just kick my parry all day so I used that ridiculously OP dagger set to beat him down until I had over 100 rage and then just did the external slut sting rage into him until he died. Then of course every time he died he would bring up the single time he killed me which is what every TDH did all the time :psyduck:

can u like pls give me some hnr

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

PassiveSentence posted:

can u like pls give me some hnr

gently caress me I forgot to share with you guys

Hejie reformed his guild on the SEA servers and stole several high profile names to promote his guild.

A couple include Haquertal and Feedz to spam world chat for people to join :v:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Haha that's the best.

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013
Haquertal is now CutestRawr (who quit within a month)
Feedz is now Misandry

Dishonorable Goons result in honorable HuatAh dedicating character names to non-existent characters from another server :laffo:

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
There's just something about headbutt and carts

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

PassiveSentence posted:

Haquertal is now CutestRawr (who quit within a month)
Feedz is now Misandry

Dishonorable Goons result in honorable HuatAh dedicating character names to non-existent characters from another server :laffo:

Yeah I sold my account to PigSlayer who gave it to his girlfriend

I love that they quit within a month :allears:

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

It's kind of funny watching full jade beggar nerds hop to RG because their fifth inner is supposed to be the new overpowered FOTM and then whine about how little damage they do without beggar fourth.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

shadow puppet of a posted:

Get ready for the Xbox One killer, the OBox

quote:

The OBox is a meaty Android home console powered by the Nvidia K1 processor, the same seen in Nvidia's Shieldtablet. Snail plans to allow retailers to sell many variations of the hardware. Options will include two different processors, two different HDMI set-ups, and four hard drives ranging from 500 gigabytes to 4 terabytes. The parts are interchangeable, allowing for owners to make upgrades down the line.

All OBoxes will output 3D and 4K video, and Snail Games is in the process of porting its popular PC games to the device. According to a US representative, the MMO Age of Wushu has between 5-6 million active users a month — most of them in China.

Sure would be a shame if Microsoft China had some more problems with the government next week. It would be awful if they were found to have stolen precious OBox trade secrets to power their OneXbox.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007
Well, out of morbid curiousity, I logged on tonight to scope out the server merge. It just made me sad, more than anything. Coming from the quality of Wulin with regards to the cash shop and other things, and knowing that if SnailUSA had put in even a mediocre amount of effort in to this version, it could have been something good. There's actually more people than I expected online, and if they had merged servers like, a year ago when we were all screaming for it, things might have turned out differently. Oh well, RIP, back to Wulin.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

GreatestNerdEver posted:

Well, out of morbid curiousity, I logged on tonight to scope out the server merge. It just made me sad, more than anything. Coming from the quality of Wulin with regards to the cash shop and other things, and knowing that if SnailUSA had put in even a mediocre amount of effort in to this version, it could have been something good. There's actually more people than I expected online, and if they had merged servers like, a year ago when we were all screaming for it, things might have turned out differently. Oh well, RIP, back to Wulin.

I'm always tempted to play wulin but I just can't. Not again...

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007
I said the same thing, but I like the game, I just wanted it to be run by someone better than SnailUSA. Supposedly factions patch in February, but who knows for sure. I really don't like gPotato that much either, but they at least make an effort with the game as opposed to SnailUSA.

People are a lot nicer (which makes getting them mad much easier), the economy is not quite as hosed since they combined Hua+4th set patches so there was no months of farming yanmen, script-stealing is still active (even beggar and shaolin are emptied), school wars are active, school position tournaments are still active. Aside from my mediocre ping (120ms), which is oddly better than Wushu at times considering I have to cross an ocean to connect to Wulin, I've had and I am still having fun on this version.

And hey, you can come kill LHT and HanPhong and other viets all over again, although they are huge P2Ws on this version too.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
So I'm sticking around to see the effects of the merge and 5th inners before finally quitting for good. The last nail in the coffin for me was getting a full time job, but the sheer bullshit of the high end pay2win skills are the real culprit. And it makes me wonder just how hosed up the lives of the pay2wins must be for them to spend thousands on this game, and yet still play it 24/7 without ever logging off for work.

So who are the good/bad guilds of BD? My guild seems to have become enemies with Rebellion already.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

ponzicar posted:

So I'm sticking around to see the effects of the merge and 5th inners before finally quitting for good. The last nail in the coffin for me was getting a full time job, but the sheer bullshit of the high end pay2win skills are the real culprit. And it makes me wonder just how hosed up the lives of the pay2wins must be for them to spend thousands on this game, and yet still play it 24/7 without ever logging off for work.

So who are the good/bad guilds of BD? My guild seems to have become enemies with Rebellion already.

First post of the thread should cover this?

Other than the defunct guilds, of course. No clue which ones are shuttered these days

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007
I mean, there seems to be a decent amount of people, but it's a whole lot of P2W. I wouldn't even want to try to catch up to all the new cash shop sets that were missed and getting class 6 gear.

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
This is wikipedia. I got an email about a new hot expansion. If I log in I get access to the 5th internal right away. Is it worth coming back!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

The Bunny posted:

This is wikipedia. I got an email about a new hot expansion. If I log in I get access to the 5th internal right away. Is it worth coming back!!

hahahahahhahahahahahahaha no.

also

3:01 PM - Nat: ANCIENT FINGER POKE!
3:01 PM - Nat: and yes that IS the name of the new ancient set
3:01 PM - Haquer: what
3:01 PM - Haquer: like
3:01 PM - Haquer: haha
3:01 PM - Nat: they literally
3:01 PM - Nat: named it ancient finger poke
3:02 PM - Haquer: if I still played I'd make so many fingering jokes