Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

-Up Next-
Wario Land 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

CrashCat posted:

https://twitter.com/wersterlobe/status/553901446039891968
https://twitter.com/wersterlobe/status/553900603383242752

They also submitted their copy to Kotaku and got all the hits from that too. When you make your living off the twitchbux you tend to get a bit possessive.

Ok, I suppose that's a pretty decent reason. Hopefully GamesDoneQuick gets the videos up on the official channel fast enough to benefit from it as much as these other channels have.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Holy poo poo how the hell did the donations jump to 1.3 million? I know Humble Bundle donated 200k but that still leaves another 200k that seemingly came out of nowhere over night. It was stuck at 910k when I went to sleep.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

beep by grandpa posted:

-Up Next-
Wario Land 4

Finally, a great game that actively encourages you to hurry up.

Nintendo, make more Wario Lands. Make Wario Galaxy and Super Wario 3d World.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Holy poo poo how the hell did the donations jump to 1.3 million? I know Humble Bundle donated 200k but that still leaves another 200k that seemingly came out of nowhere over night. It was stuck at 910k when I went to sleep.

UraniumAnchor posted:

Alright, short, quick summary of what went wrong with the donation tracker.

There's was a latent bug in the way that incoming Paypal notifications were processed, and one "bad" notification (not really bad but it was enough to trigger the bug) led to the creation of a donor that was in a corrupted state.

Due to details I'll go over later, that corrupted donor was enough to prevent anybody who had not donated in the past from successfully donating. I'm not 100% sure on when this happened, but judging from the Paypal notification logs it started happening on the 8th.

After sifting through some of the logs, there may be as much as :siren: $427k :siren: in donations that never got properly processed until I fixed the bug.

That said, we still have all of the notifications and can potentially "replay" them to get them properly sorted. Some of them will get replayed by Paypal itself, which is why the donation total is still rising so much even after the stream went down, as we're now getting donations from the last X hours that are being properly handled.

tl;dr: gently caress everything I'm going to bed

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The donation tracker bugged out at some point and ate about 400k of donations and they're adding them manually now

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Suspicious Cook posted:

Finally, a great game that actively encourages you to hurry up.

Nintendo, make more Wario Lands. Make Wario Galaxy and Super Wario 3d World.

Nah, Wario is stuck in Warioware, because who needs sequels to the best platformer series ever. Thank you mr Sakurai.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I really don't like competitive Smash :ohdear:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Mr E posted:

Yeah it's terrible

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Mr E posted:

If you can't substitute Smash with a D4 or D8 to determine the winner you aren't playing Smash correctly.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mr E posted:

Same, it's always the same six or seven characters and six stages with no randomness.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Plus, I understand why people don't play Brawl but I don't understand what's bad about Sm4sh compared to melee :ohdear:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Oh boy

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Mr E posted:

Plus, I understand why people don't play Brawl but I don't understand what's bad about Sm4sh compared to melee :ohdear:

just because they're playing one game doesn't mean they all hate another game

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

I think it's time to catch up on the runs I missed through the week ^_^

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Mr E posted:

I don't understand what's bad about Sm4sh compared to melee :ohdear:

Smash 4 is better than Melee in every way. Anyone who says otherwise is the type of nerd who spends his days stuffed in a locker and deserves it.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

FailAtMagic posted:

The donation tracker bugged out at some point and ate about 400k of donations and they're adding them manually now

Nah, it's not manual. We're just either just now properly processing the incoming notifications, or figuring out how to replay the ones that are old enough that PayPal won't resend them.

If you think we're replaying 12000 donations manually you're out of your mind. :v:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Mr E posted:

It costs more money.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

FailAtMagic posted:

Are the people with bugged donations still in for the raffles, or are they SOL? :ohdear:

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Mr E posted:

They haven't spent over a decade playing Smash 4, that's all.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Healbot posted:

It costs more money.

If you cant respect busted poverty games I dont know what youre doing watching ADGQ, or living, IMHO.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

UberJew posted:

They haven't spent over a decade playing Smash 4, that's all.

I can accept that.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Mr E posted:

It hasn't been developed yet and Melee and the smash community is populated by Spergs who are afraid of change.

Also Melee was only a competitive game by a freak combination of bugs and oversights. Sakurai actively puts in anti competitive measures to make the game "less about competition and more about having fun".

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Sm4sh is a new game and they probably want to go with the game they know more technical stuff about.

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

UraniumAnchor posted:

Nah, it's not manual. We're just either just now properly processing the incoming notifications, or figuring out how to replay the ones that are old enough that PayPal won't resend them.

If you think we're replaying 12000 donations manually you're out of your mind. :v:

you guys are speedrunners - i'm sure you have quick fingers

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

https://twitter.com/Konami/status/553622393726304256

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I think I like Konami and Kojima the best

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

dijon du jour posted:

Are the people with bugged donations still in for the raffles, or are they SOL? :ohdear:
They're in.

UraniumAnchor posted:

Why did your announcer open his mouth about manual entry then? :psyduck:

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Interesting things going on the stream right now:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I'd rather watch them play Mario Party...

lol

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Agrias120 posted:

Interesting things going on the stream right now:

lol if you think speedruns are cool but really sick smash play isn't

Cool Matty
Jan 8, 2006
Usuyami no Sekai
Yeah, to re-reiterate, all missing donations are going to be reconciled over the next few days. We aren't drawing any prizes until they are.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

wait now someone's doing a speedrun of adventure mode

that sounds terrible

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Brother Entropy posted:

that sounds terrible

I dunno, it got DK Rap on stream.

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011

that video is never not going to be funny

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Since everyone already tossed their must watch lists out, I'm gonna toss a vote for the Shinobi 3 run, it was a terrible hour so barely anyone saw it but it was really, good runner nailed all the clips first try and the commentary was very good.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Brother Entropy posted:

that sounds terrible

That was my initial thought but drat this guy is pretty good.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I hadn't watched the Track & Field WR video before. Biggest popoff of the marathon, holy poo poo.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Yeah, l9 AI in smash adventure mode is hilariously easy to exploit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS
What's with the posing guy with the purple hair? Are they making an album cover?

• Locked thread