Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Antistar01 posted:

You're going to brute-force it? Oof.
I'm pretty sure that's the only way to do it.
I really wish meshes in New Vegas worked just like they do in Skyrim because then the whole thing would be a lot simpler and IŽd be done in an afternoon.

Antistar01 posted:

For weapons that go anywhere else, you'd almost certainly need to import the nif into 3dsmax or whatever, rig it to a bone on the human skeleton, and then re-export it.
I'm going to have to do that for all weapons. Armour meshes have positioning data that tells the game where to display it on the character model. The weapon meshes don't have that (holstering a weapon work differently). So I also need to correctly position the mesh in 3dsmax.
First thing I'm going to do once I've figured out the proper process, is find a way to automate it because if I have to do conversions in 3dsMax & NifSkope by hand for all weapons + weaponmod variants for the vanilla game + any mod-added weapon goons will undoubtedly ask for, I'm probably going to throw the idea in the garbage bin.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jan 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

I got the itch to play again and downloaded a bunch of mods. I was doing the go to New Vegas at level 1 gimmick and broke the bank at the Vickii and Vance. Trying to leave froze my game so bad I had to restart my computer because I couldn't alt tab out to anything. Now loading any save games at all gives me the same issue. This is uh new to me. The game was working fine before including loading saves. Could my mods be doing it?

GameMode=FalloutNV

FalloutNV.esm=1
DeadMoney.esm=1
HonestHearts.esm=1
OldWorldBlues.esm=1
LonesomeRoad.esm=1
GunRunnersArsenal.esm=1
CaravanPack.esm=1
ClassicPack.esm=1
MercenaryPack.esm=1
TribalPack.esm=1
FreesideOpen.esm=1
NevadaSkies.esm=1
CASM.esp=1
Convenient Fast Travel Markers.esp=1
SecretStash80.esp=1
Improved Sound FX.esp=1
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp=1
outsidebets.esp=1
jsawyer.esp=1
Improved Sound FX - Weapon Sharing Fix.esp=1
FreesideOpenPatch.esp=1
Improved Sound FX - Merged Major DLCs.esp=1
NevadaSkies - Ultimate DLC Edition.esp=1

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

Thank god for CASM. Seems I can load games from before going to Freeside. I'm going to guess one of the Freeside related mods is loving things up, probably Freeside open.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Raygereio posted:

I'm pretty sure that's the only way to do it.

It's definitely the only way I can think of to do it. I didn't think that things like the Weapon Mod Menu or the 'see your body in first-person' mod were possible before they happened either, though. Who knows, maybe someone much smarter than I am could come up with some arcane method using a custom skeleton and an NVSE plugin, or something.

Raygereio posted:

I'm going to have to do that for all weapons. Armour meshes have positioning data that tells the game where to display it on the character model. The weapon meshes don't have that (holstering a weapon work differently). So I also need to correctly position the mesh in 3dsmax.

That's true about it being different to weapon meshes, though like I said, you shouldn't need to import/export with 3dsmax for the weapons that go on the back, at least; just copy from one nif to another. That's what I did in DBOG.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Zeron posted:

Well for bare essentials you'd also want NVAC and the Stutter Remover for stability purposes. Those plus CASM/NVSE/JSawyers is pretty much all you need to make New Vegas a dream but there is an unofficial patch that's not too bad, Yukichigai's, which is a good minimalist bugfix patch. Anything past that would fall out of the bare minimum, although if you aren't using Project Nevada core you might want the sprint mod and the grenade hotkey.

You can also install Project Nevada Core but just not install the equipment/rebalance/cyberware modules which will give you sprint/grenade key/bullet time/reactive crosshairs etc without actually being incompatible with anything as far as I know.

Edit: If you want minimalist stuff in general, oHud is the mod that let's you mess around with your ingame UI and make bits of it only appear when necessary(UIO is the current get multiple menu mods working mod and it's really nice because it's just an NVSE plugin that checks what mods you have when you run the game and fixes it all right for you). I believe the most recent version of CASM requires the Lutana NVSE Plugin and you'll want the MCM itself of course. Any other recommendations depend on what you want of course(I did my last trawl through every guide and search through the entire nexus for cool mods a couple of days ago so I'm full of recommendations).

Okay, so I'm trying out mods for the first time for this game.

I've got NVSE, CASM, the NVAC/Stutter Remover, and all required mods for that. Was also thinking of getting the Project Nevada mod and Nevada Skies mods.

Were there any other must-have mods for starting out?

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

With all the stuff you can do to the game you're going to need to get familiar with either bash or FONVedit to start making merged patches. They take care of a lot of little things, like merging leveled lists to prevent huge possible holes in content due to conflicts, and generally improving stability for me as well. Merged patch goes last.

I can't get WME to work with Project Nevada, EVE, WMR, AWOP, MoMod, IWS, and ... uh... some other major overhauls that don't apparently conflict, too. But the problem seems to be the way the DLC expansion conflicts with, well, almost all the other DLC compatibility stuff (either individually or together). No amount of rearranging the load order helps, may just not be compatible I guess. Kind of a shame but I have so much stuff in the game already, I can probably deal with having to find the stock weapon mods if I can't always craft them. The rest doesn't even have any major conflicts at all after compatibility patches, though having all the stuff show up obv. requires a merged patch.

Maybe I could get it all to work together with a bashed patch? If it's possible to get it running that'd be great, no point missing out on the exact way I want it to be if it's doable, I guess.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Wyvernil posted:

I've got NVSE, CASM, the NVAC/Stutter Remover, and all required mods for that. Was also thinking of getting the Project Nevada mod and Nevada Skies mods.

The Invisible Wall Remover is also pretty good.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Agreed posted:

I can't get WME to work with Project Nevada, EVE, WMR, AWOP, MoMod, IWS, and ... uh... some other major overhauls that don't apparently conflict, too. But the problem seems to be the way the DLC expansion conflicts with, well, almost all the other DLC compatibility stuff (either individually or together). No amount of rearranging the load order helps, may just not be compatible I guess. Kind of a shame but I have so much stuff in the game already, I can probably deal with having to find the stock weapon mods if I can't always craft them. The rest doesn't even have any major conflicts at all after compatibility patches, though having all the stuff show up obv. requires a merged patch.

Here are some patches between Project Nevada and EVE, WME, and WMX.

Alternatively you could try FOOK - Project Nevada Convergence, which lets you use FOOK, PN, EVE, WME, WMX, and AWOP at the same time. There are also some compatibility patches there for some other mods.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Wyvernil posted:

The SafeShowRaceMenu mod is a must for me, because I'm always tweaking my character's appearance. It lets you do this without resetting some of your perks, which unfortunately happens when you use ShowRaceMenu normally.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
So... Every now and then, I have NPCs spawning without any armor or clothing.

The only thing I can think of is that this is a conflict between jsawyer and The Right To Bear Arms.

How would I go about fixing this?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
You must have gotten the Right to Bare Arms by mistake :downs: (sorry I had to do this)

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I love the idea of Right To Bear Arms but like so many otherwise-great mods, it significantly throws the balance of the game. By the time I'd liberated Primm I'd collected three different Fat Man-variant explosives from enemy corpses and the vanilla game had maybe 4 or 5 fat man bombs through the entire game. I've also got like 5 or 6 mods for weapons that require 75+ skill to use.

I kind've wish JSawyer had distributed the GRA uniques the way that it distributed the starting equipment DLC.

*e - actually, looks like a lot of variables can be changed with the console. Playing with IWS probably also loads the dice somewhat.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jan 12, 2015

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Surprised no one has made a thing that let's you roleplay some kind of radiation cleanup guy and gives you a checklist of all fat man ammo and a vault to lock them all in to.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Light Gun Man posted:

Surprised no one has made a thing that let's you roleplay some kind of radiation cleanup guy and gives you a checklist of all fat man ammo and a vault to lock them all in to.

That's basically what Viscera Cleanup Detail is depending on what level you play. :v:

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

CJacobs posted:

That's basically what Viscera Cleanup Detail is depending on what level you play. :v:

If by 'lock away' you mean 'incinerate', then yes!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Wyvernil posted:

I think you're fine, and you don't need PN/Nevada Skies. You can get PN because it's modular and you can only load the modules/features you want. As for Nevada Skies - or any weather mod - I would avoid that route because weather mods and visual upgrade mods rapidly turn into a black hole.

I mean this in the figurative sense, in that you install one weather mod, then you get an ENB which wants another interior lighting mod, then that mod wants an exterior weather mod, then suddenly you're 47 mods deep for nothing. I also mean it in the literal sense as too many idiots think "immersion = everything is pitch black, always" so once you're done installing those 47 things you can't see a loving thing in any interior cell, and god forbid you go within a mile of a cave.

I recently stripped out all my weather/lighting/whatever/ffff mods except ones that add lights (Electro-City) and I'm truly liking the change. For your first playthrough, just don't bother with all that poo poo, imo. Get an ENB which doesn't require 47 tweak mods if you want to go that route. Rudy ENB is pretty good on that front, I hear, if you ditch the sweetfx module and go from there.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I quite like how stock ENB configuration looks without any weather mods. Basically it turns off the default post processing filter to get rid of that yellow look and course you get all the ENB goodies like better shadows and ambient occlusion.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I'd use PN if I didn't have to use xpadder or something for the extra binds since I play with a controller

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Smol posted:

I quite like how stock ENB configuration looks without any weather mods. Basically it turns off the default post processing filter to get rid of that yellow look and course you get all the ENB goodies like better shadows and ambient occlusion.

:agreed:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Basic Chunnel posted:

I love the idea of Right To Bear Arms but like so many otherwise-great mods, it significantly throws the balance of the game. By the time I'd liberated Primm I'd collected three different Fat Man-variant explosives from enemy corpses and the vanilla game had maybe 4 or 5 fat man bombs through the entire game. I've also got like 5 or 6 mods for weapons that require 75+ skill to use.

I kind've wish JSawyer had distributed the GRA uniques the way that it distributed the starting equipment DLC.

*e - actually, looks like a lot of variables can be changed with the console. Playing with IWS probably also loads the dice somewhat.

Yeah I have used GRA - The Right to Bear Arms for a year or two now and I feel like the default settings are a little...generous. It can certainly make things interesting when those extra items are being used against you, like when a powder ganger is flinging world-ending MFC clusters at you in Goodsprings and all you've got is some leather armor with 6 DT, but there's something not quite "right" about having a veritable stockpile of high-end GRA explosives simply by completing the Goodsprings quests, and without any real work or trickery.

I found that I had to get pretty austere with my personal settings by raising all 4 included console settings so that each had a 95-99% chance of "none". You'll still find really nice stuff on common NPCs and containers, but it turns it into more of a treat than, "I only have 10 9mm rounds but already have enough explosives to cause several thousand points of damage."

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Yeah I have used GRA - The Right to Bear Arms for a year or two now and I feel like the default settings are a little...generous. It can certainly make things interesting when those extra items are being used against you, like when a powder ganger is flinging world-ending MFC clusters at you in Goodsprings and all you've got is some leather armor with 6 DT, but there's something not quite "right" about having a veritable stockpile of high-end GRA explosives simply by completing the Goodsprings quests, and without any real work or trickery.

I found that I had to get pretty austere with my personal settings by raising all 4 included console settings so that each had a 95-99% chance of "none". You'll still find really nice stuff on common NPCs and containers, but it turns it into more of a treat than, "I only have 10 9mm rounds but already have enough explosives to cause several thousand points of damage."

Ahhh, *that's* what was causing that level of :torgue: last playthrough. IIRc, I had cluster grenades being thrown at the Highway Patrol substation, and more than once a Fiend botched their Fat Man use badly and own-goaled one of their pals.

(That was bad because I was using Increased Wasteland Spawns as well, and 15-20+ Fiends were swarming all over the far side of the freeway - so the nukeshot wasn't the best idea anyway. :supaburn:)

What really sucked was finding all these cool mods for Police Pistols and BARs and 1911s and all, and not having the weapons spawn until I actually started the DLC in question.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Smol posted:

Likewise. You can make a couple of tweaks to turn off color processing completely:

enbseries.ini, EFFECT section:
UseOriginalPostProcessing=true

enbeffect.fx:
Change #define POSTPROCESS 3 to #define POSTPROCESS 0 (change the 3 to a 0).

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

v1ld posted:

Likewise. You can make a couple of tweaks to turn off color processing completely:

enbseries.ini, EFFECT section:
UseOriginalPostProcessing=true

enbeffect.fx:
Change #define POSTPROCESS 3 to #define POSTPROCESS 0 (change the 3 to a 0).

Does this remove the filter or add it back in?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Any mods that fix the 1st person clipping issues with the Ranger Combat armors? I think it might be messing up because I'm using the Weapon Animation Replacers (though only the 3rd person animations). It's especially bad with one handed weapons.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jan 13, 2015

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Light Gun Man posted:

like people playing this game need an excuse to hoard any one thing

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Is the Monster Mod still poorly balanced? I'm looking for a fresh NV playthrough and some more diversity would be cool.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I recommend using Increased Wasteland Spawns. That's the mod that really changed up the combat for me. Just turn off Active Spawns, which is on by default for some reason. It causes dudes to respawn when you reload the game.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jan 13, 2015

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Gyshall posted:

Does this remove the filter or add it back in?

Adding ENB removes it, as I recall, irrespective of these options.

The other option in the default ENB config you may want to disable is sky processing, which is (was?) enabled by default.

This also works with weather mods, letting their light settings through unchanged.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
gently caress. I'm spending all this time making TTW work with some good mods but the loving interface mod ( http://taleoftwowastelands.com/content/darnifiedui-ttw-edition ) breaks the sleep/wait menu. The slider just doesn't work.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I recommend using Increased Wasteland Spawns. That's the mod that really changed up the combat for me. Just turn off Active Spawns, which is on by default for some reason. It causes dudes to respawn when you reload the game.

IWS can be ridiculous at higher spawn levels. (The ones I use, for example.) Ask me about the dozens of Securitrons wandering around behind Boulder City, the Jun Horde of feral ghouls (you *did* select all the "Ghoul Apocalypse" settings, right?) uphill from the Highway Patrol substation/at REPCONN/packed into Vault 34, and the Deathclaws...

Well, maybe you should be a *little* conservative using IWS.

(all but the setting image linked to larger - and yes, I do use lovely graphics settings, so my video card won't catch fire from Spawnapalooza)(also, TFR goons will recognize my screenshots/settings - Hi Beeb! Post some of your IWS Plasmageddon shots!)

Before

After

Welcome To Vault 34

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
IWS makes explosives super useful at least.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

IWS can be ridiculous at higher spawn levels. (The ones I use, for example.) Ask me about the dozens of Securitrons wandering around behind Boulder City, the Jun Horde of feral ghouls (you *did* select all the "Ghoul Apocalypse" settings, right?) uphill from the Highway Patrol substation/at REPCONN/packed into Vault 34, and the Deathclaws...

Well, maybe you should be a *little* conservative using IWS.

(all but the setting image linked to larger - and yes, I do use lovely graphics settings, so my video card won't catch fire from Spawnapalooza)(also, TFR goons will recognize my screenshots/settings - Hi Beeb! Post some of your IWS Plasmageddon shots!)

Before

After

Welcome To Vault 34

what are you using to give you those portraits on the left

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
Uh, some companion mod. (At work, no access to my config/build.) Probably from the OP... yeah, JIP Companions Command and Control, derpy thumbnails and all.

Please note that tidal waves of ghouls (or Fiends) will likely make your computer sputter and gag up a lung. I'll have corpses despawning while I'm still battling away, so hopefully you don't lose anything vital/quest-related...

I also jacked the spawns in FO3 using Mart's Mutant Mod, but that didn't get (quite) as silly. Speaking of which, New Vegas *needs* Night Ghouls. :unsmigghh:

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
You carry more than 5000 rounds for your pistol? I guess you'd have to with that many ghouls all over the drat place.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Seashell Salesman posted:

You carry more than 5000 rounds for your pistol? I guess you'd have to with that many ghouls all over the drat place.

Since I don't run hardcore, ammo is weightless, so... :v: I'm also a "No Loot Left Behind" OCD hoarder, too - I'd do a loop from Novac around the western llop of the highway up to the Searchlight junction, then south from there, chewing up Legion and gangers and trudging back with ridiculous piles of loot - then break down all the ammo types I didn't use, and make handloads. Then take all the excess lead back to my room in Novac, offload loot into various containers and drag the non-keepers off to find merchants.

I also ran Signature Weapon (fully-modded Lucky) and Signature Armor (gunslinger outfit, from a mod). Very much horribly broken by midgame, yes... :getin: Early game? Do Not Taunt Kite Ghoulswarm. :zombie: With an earlier version of IWS (and less spawns/no Signature mods), I did a full Legion/rear end in a top hat playthrough - melee/thrown weapons only. "Excuse me while I stealth up and headshot named Rangers with spears. Hail Kai-sar!"

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
I did a similar thing when I went for a minigun run, all max IWS settings. REPCONN lagged my computer something fierce and I had soooo many ammo problems.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

Hi Beeb! Post some of your IWS Plasmageddon shots!)

~*JAZZ HANDS*~

Bonus LOOKS LIKE TEAM ROCKET'S BLASTIN' OFF

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

That is a silly hat.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Brainamp posted:

That is a silly hat.

Hats are important :colbert:

:c00l:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I recognize a couple armors from Spice of Life, but where are the other ones from?