Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

Scyantific posted:

Try using recycleactor on each of them in the console? I think it usually fixes by opening the console, clicking on them, and then entering recycleactor followed by disable and enable.

E: OP Overhaul has started. Looking for any mod suggestions and modding tips that you guys may have so they can be added to the OP.

What about Legacy of The Dragonborn?
also, will you be doing the overhaul in steps so we can see the progress, or will it be all at once?

thechosenone fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jan 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I'm doing it in steps. Mainly because I'm going through and checking which mods haven't been updated since the last revision. Like this morning I just redid the intro + tools/sites section.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Spent a long time in my old game, did both DLCs, and was starting on main quests...when my hard drive died, taking the saves and mods with it. I don't think the steam cloud helped any.

I still haven't officially "beaten" it though, and I'm considering doing a straight run through the campaign. I played before as a fun restoration/mace/shield (essentially, a paladin). I kept having the urge to replay the game as a summoner though. Just minion-spam my enemies and the caverns, maybe a sweet dagger for protection.

Are there any mods that make summoning fun/viable as a main defense? Even if it unbalances the game, it's fine.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Question: are there any good mods that make skooma interesting? I just started playing as a Khajiit and I want to do/sell all the drugs.

Imp's More Complex Needs tracks caffeine, alcohol and moon sugar blood levels, but then you have to deal with the rest of the mod's spergy poo poo. Getting high on moon sugar/skooma tanks your crafting and speech skills, but gives you a bonus to weapon skills. There's also a slight blurring effect on the edge of your screen but I think you can disable that.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Scyantific posted:

Try using recycleactor on each of them in the console? I think it usually fixes by opening the console, clicking on them, and then entering recycleactor followed by disable and enable.
Thanks! Just doing disable/enable on them fixed it

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Morter posted:

Are there any mods that make summoning fun/viable as a main defense? Even if it unbalances the game, it's fine.

Get apocalypse or some other spell mod that gives you more beasties to summon at the very least. I found that + ample use of Illusion spells a great minion/puppet master build.

E: additionally Apocalypse has a bunch of spells that act on minions, such as causing them to explode, giving you a defense boost while active, etc.

kedo fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jan 11, 2015

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Should definitely add OneTweak to the OP. Best mod.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40706/

Duncan Doenitz
Nov 17, 2010

There are four lights.
I'm playing through the game for the first time totally vanilla, with DG and DB disabled because I don't feel like being forced to start those quests. My question is about two quests in Markarth; I got sent to the mine and broke out with the Forsworn king, then went around the city killing guards with them. After it seemed like they were all dead, I went to the keep to do the Thieve's Guild quest where you get a translation for Falmer writings. Obviously I was killing city guards for this one, but surprisingly I was getting a bounty for doing it. Then when I went back out into the city, all the guards were back and hostile, as if the big raid with the Forsworn never happened. Is this a bug, or did I make a mistake somewhere?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Duncan Doenitz posted:

I'm playing through the game for the first time totally vanilla, with DG and DB disabled because I don't feel like being forced to start those quests. My question is about two quests in Markarth; I got sent to the mine and broke out with the Forsworn king, then went around the city killing guards with them. After it seemed like they were all dead, I went to the keep to do the Thieve's Guild quest where you get a translation for Falmer writings. Obviously I was killing city guards for this one, but surprisingly I was getting a bounty for doing it. Then when I went back out into the city, all the guards were back and hostile, as if the big raid with the Forsworn never happened. Is this a bug, or did I make a mistake somewhere?

You've killed city guards and you've got a bounty for it, of course they are hostile.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I've really enjoyed Jaxonz Positioner. Skyrim gets a bit dull in the higher levels and having the ability to loot all sorts of statics and really customize the hell out of the otherwise really boring Hearthfire homes has added a ton of replay and reason to explore.

And then you do dumb things like this:

I think those coin piles were part of Dawnguard but I don't remember. You can't swim in it Scrooge McDuck style though.

Do any mods adjust the difficulty curve of Skyrim combat? I've played a few characters recently and I really enjoy the early game where you have to pick your fights and enemies are a threat, but my new character is only level 17 and already the majority of bandits I'm running into die in two hits and only the bandit leaders can take any amount of damage, I'm not even abusing alchemy, enchantment, or smithing buffs at this point. I suppose I could increase the difficulty slider in-game but if it's anything like the one in Oblivion it will just make the game feel spongy, I just like higher-stakes, quick and lethal combat.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Canemacar posted:

Think to Yourself: Changes notifications to first-person instead of a narrational third person. Helps with immersion.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32060/

"Your own thoughts" is a good alternative to this mod as well... Does the same thing but is a bit more comprehensive.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
The Deadly Dragons mod is crazy. I'm level 15 and I basically run away from every dragon I see unless there's lots of soldiers or guards nearby who can help. I'm also actively searching for fire resist gear, which I haven't had to do before.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Cool mods that should be in the OP(if they aren't already):

UI and Utilities
AutoSave Manager which is basically CASM from Fallout New Vegas, it's basically all you ever need for saving.
iHud, for hiding hud elements when you don't need them.
Mfg console which is a console extension that makes a lot of modding related things easier.
more HUD which adds a bunch of useful information to the crosshairs when hovering over objects and stuff.
OneTweak for borderless windowed mode mostly.

Gameplay stuff
Better Vampires which is -the- vampire overhaul, it's incredibly customizable and really well made.
Ultimate Combat and Ultimate Dragons are pretty much the best general combat mods these days.
VioLens is the successor to Dance of Death and fulfills pretty much all your deathmove needs.
High Level Enemies just adds some more stuff for the higher levels to keep the game somewhat challenging.
Loot and Degradation is a really customizable mod which includes weapon/armor improvements gradually wearing down as you hit stuff/are hit, being able to pay smiths to improve your stuff, and distributing improved/enchanted weapons/armors to enemies.
More Interesting Loot adds a whole lot of really cool loot to the game, which can slightly unbalanced it if you don't play around with the MCM settings.
Wintermyst which just adds a bunch of new enchantments and enchanted items to the game.
Quick Tomb Looting which basically eliminates most of the scrounging for random bits of tiny loot and just stuffs it all in the chests you find.
Trade Routes is my go-to economy overhaul these days. It just makes sense.

PerMa
Perkus Maximus is while not really an amazing perk overhaul, has some really cool ideas and supports some types of playthroughs better than SPERG imo. He supposedly fixed the bug that made running the patcher twice on one save suicide, so it's worth checking out to see if you can see something that looks fun.
The PerMa comp patches which make it compatible with an amazing amount of mods.
PerMa Defluff which makes the perks tell you what they actually do rather than the fluffy nonsense that the mod insists on.

Zeron fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jan 12, 2015

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Follower Commentary Overhaul is pretty cool in my experience. The base game had a ton of commentary lines for each voice set that lied unused by your followers because they were tied to a specific NPC instead of to the voice set itself. This mod changes that and edits together new lines so your followers have more things to say.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Hmm, my newly-made Orc character doesn't seem to get recognised as an Orc, e.g. I can ask random Orcs to make me blood-kin, stronghold Orcs call me 'outlander', and so on. Still, Alternate Start acknowledged me as an orc and offered me the Orc Stronghold start, which is how I noticed the bug.

Full load order here, does anything stand out that could mess with racial flags? SkyRe and RaceMenu are both quite proven mods, ditto for the vampire/werewolf mods (I'm neither yet anyway).

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
What are some quality 'build up a base' mods? I want a ton of them so I can't walk two feet in skyrim without bumping into someplace I either own or can own. Requirements: Not crashtastic and some way to interact with it beyond killing monsters or paying gold for upgrades that don't do anything interesting (you mean I can pay 25000 gold for another empty room? Yaaaaa!)

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Faster Mining is listed in the op but I didn't see a link so here is a link.

jon joe posted:

What are some quality 'build up a base' mods? I want a ton of them so I can't walk two feet in skyrim without bumping into someplace I either own or can own. Requirements: Not crashtastic and some way to interact with it beyond killing monsters or paying gold for upgrades that don't do anything interesting (you mean I can pay 25000 gold for another empty room? Yaaaaa!)
Windstad Mine is good.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jan 12, 2015

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

LLSix posted:

Faster Mining is listed in the op but I didn't see a link so here is a link.

Probably unnecessary since most people will want to use Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade, which includes that feature (with several options, too).

Galdarion
Apr 13, 2014
crafting mini game based on mouse movments to grind the shape of weapons and chisel runes for effects. would be cool for making weapons and having some real skill to crafting.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Alduin's Bane is really annoying both from a gameplay and story perspective. First there's the surprise boss fight that you may be horribly underleveled for (especially if you use a dragon mod, any dragon mod), and then there's the fact that you basically prove yourself Alduin's equal or better well before the story arc is complete. I would have preferred if Alduin were impossible to bring anywhere near zero health and your health was set to never drop below 1 so he kicks your rear end, knocks you to the ground, laughs at how pathetic you are, and flies off, kind of like how Luke Skywalker got owned by Darth Vader in The Empire Strikes Back (the Star Wars OT is basically Mythic Storytelling 101 made into a movie trilogy). That way you can still progress if you're not fully prepared to fight Alduin, and the storyline has much more drama--you may know Dragonrend but you're still not even close to being able to defeat Alduin, so the stakes are much higher.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Any good mods to fix the stupidly dark Hearhfire house basements? Also any recommendations for expansions to the houses?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

MaliciousOnion posted:

Any good mods to fix the stupidly dark Hearhfire house basements? Also any recommendations for expansions to the houses?

Not sure on that first part, but there's an updated mod in the OP that I added this morning that adds a kitchen to the small room behind the main hall of the Hearthfire houses, and moves the Greenhouse to the North Wing instead of the original wing.

You have up to three houses to build if you want, no reason you can't go crazy with expansions and make three houses with different layouts, tbh.

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf
Last time i played there were a few save game script cleaner tools, which one is the best one right now?

Also, do i still need to add some stuff to a skse.ini to make it clear old scripts?

I usually remove and add mods mid-playthrough so the script cleaners have been helpful.

NiftyBottle
Jan 1, 2009

radical

Scyantific posted:

OP Overhaul has started. Looking for any mod suggestions and modding tips that you guys may have so they can be added to the OP.

Firstly, definitely mention the SKSE ini tweak.
Secondly, I went through my mod list looking at stuff not in the OP or recommended just now. Here are the ones I thought significant (I have not thoroughly tested these, but they have not caused me significant issues):
Clothing & Clutter Fixes - By kryptopyr, the same guy as weapon and armor fixes. Fixes little inconsistencies in clothing and such.
Harvest Overhaul - Makes the amount harvested from plants correspond better to how much material there appears to be.
Atlas Map Markers - Adds a whole bunch of map markers. Map Overhaul asks you to install this.
Camping Kit of the Northern Ranger - a craftable set of placeable camping equipment, including an enterable tent.
Tumbajamba's Mounts - not very well integrated, but the mounts sure do look badass
AutoSave Manager - Configurable autosaves (you can, for instance, make it autosave whenever you exit combat or discover a location)
Lootification - If you add any new weapons, armors, or enchantments, this will generate item/enchant pairs and add them to leveled lists
More plants and recipes for Hearthfire - Lets you grow more plants in the gardens added by Hearthfire, including plants added by Dawngaurd and Dragonborn
Tundra Defense - Let's you build your own outpost. Haven't tried it out yet. Author "considers it done"
Better Fast Travel - Carriages and Ships - Overhauled - Adds carriages etc that go to smaller villages - useful if your alternate start sticks you in the middle of nowhere. Author is looking for someone to take over, may not be updating.
Fight Against the Thalmor - A series of quest mods that add missions to counteract Thalmor actions.
Stable uGridsToLoad - supposed to help with crashes.
Helgen Reborn - let you help rebuild Helgen after the events of the intro
Wearable Lanterns - Adds lanterns that can attach to your belt, so that you don't have to have a free hand to use them. Optionally, these lanterns can require refueling.
Hearthfire Building Materials out of More Metals - A goon mod that lets you make house parts out of more metals, so you aren't constantly searching for iron
ASIS Improved INI Files - Goon config for ASIS, makes it better
INIGO - Khajit follower who isn't poo poo
Enchantment Reload Fix - fixes a bug that affects how fast enchantment charges drain and gold values after saving and reloading
TwoRings - Lets you equip two rings at once.
Dynamic Torches - Let you remove torches from emplacements
Horse Branding - adds a branding iron that lets you make horses yours, so you can steal them permanently
Crime Bounty Decay - Makes it so that your bounty in one hold slowly decays while you are in another hold
Night Eye Overhaul - Tweaks the night eye power and makes it available as a spell or enchantment
Royal Bloodline - Vampire lord improvements, including an overhaul of their perk tree
Moonlight Tales - Werewolf overhaul
Bloodmoon Rising - Moonlight Tales expansion for dawngaurd
Deadly Poisons - increases the strength of poisons
KenMOD - Time on loading screen - Puts the IRL time on your loading screens, so you go to bed before dawn maybe
Wet and Cold - Adds effects to wetness and coldness, including NPC responses to weather
BLESSINGS - Altar Descriptions - lets you know what praying at an altar will do
Guess the Distance - adds a power that tells you various information, including distance, about the target you are aiming at
Firewood - Ingot - Ore weight reduction and Axe and Pickaxe Weight Overhaul - Makes these items less heavy
Open and Lock Spells - adds spells to open locks or lock things, as in previous games
Jaxonz Positioner - "in-game decorating tool" super useful
LOHS - Lanterns on Horse Saddles - Adds a lantern to horses, making them much easier to find
Crafting cloud storage and retrieval - Adds storage to crafting stations that is shared between all stations of the same type - so you don't have to remember where you put those iron ingots.
Arissa - The Wandering Rogue - Goon-recommended companion mod - have not tried it personally yet
Dawn of Skyrim Collection - A collection of the various "Dawn of City" city overhauls. Unlike the main competitor, JK's city overhauls, Dawn features no purring rats occupying Riften.
A Matter of Time - A HUD clock widget - Put the in-game time in the corner. Useful if you have mods that make nighttime dangerous and you need to know how much time you have before then.
Great Jar Hunt and Skyrim Unique Treasures - add little things scattered about to collect or sell. Compatible with Legacy of the Dragonborn
Helm of Oreyn Bearclaw and Lord's Mail - Adds the Morrowind artifacts to Skyrim

I was getting a little tired of writing descriptions by the end, and I can't be bothered to sort, but I hope it helps regardless. I also have some player homes and one-off armors and weapons installed if you want a whole bunch of those.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Are there any followers with personality, backstory, quests, etc. who aren't waifus or generally terrible? I like how New Vegas followers are all unique and interesting instead of the interchangeable pack mules of Skyrim. I'd love to have a Skyrim equivalent to Boone, Veronica, or even ED-E.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Woolie Wool posted:

Are there any followers with personality, backstory, quests, etc. who aren't waifus or generally terrible? I like how New Vegas followers are all unique and interesting instead of the interchangeable pack mules of Skyrim. I'd love to have a Skyrim equivalent to Boone, Veronica, or even ED-E.

Inigo, Vilja, Hoth, and our own Mad Archivist overhauled Anska, some Nord guy, and Nazeem to be generally cool followers.

Delerion posted:

Last time i played there were a few save game script cleaner tools, which one is the best one right now?

Also, do i still need to add some stuff to a skse.ini to make it clear old scripts?

I usually remove and add mods mid-playthrough so the script cleaners have been helpful.
I don't recommend script cleaners, honestly.

NiftyBottle posted:

Firstly, definitely mention the SKSE ini tweak.
Secondly, I went through my mod list looking at stuff not in the OP or recommended just now. Here are the ones I thought significant (I have not thoroughly tested these, but they have not caused me significant issues):
Clothing & Clutter Fixes - By kryptopyr, the same guy as weapon and armor fixes. Fixes little inconsistencies in clothing and such.
Harvest Overhaul - Makes the amount harvested from plants correspond better to how much material there appears to be.
Atlas Map Markers - Adds a whole bunch of map markers. Map Overhaul asks you to install this.
Camping Kit of the Northern Ranger - a craftable set of placeable camping equipment, including an enterable tent.
Tumbajamba's Mounts - not very well integrated, but the mounts sure do look badass
AutoSave Manager - Configurable autosaves (you can, for instance, make it autosave whenever you exit combat or discover a location)
Lootification - If you add any new weapons, armors, or enchantments, this will generate item/enchant pairs and add them to leveled lists
More plants and recipes for Hearthfire - Lets you grow more plants in the gardens added by Hearthfire, including plants added by Dawngaurd and Dragonborn
Tundra Defense - Let's you build your own outpost. Haven't tried it out yet. Author "considers it done"
Better Fast Travel - Carriages and Ships - Overhauled - Adds carriages etc that go to smaller villages - useful if your alternate start sticks you in the middle of nowhere. Author is looking for someone to take over, may not be updating.
Fight Against the Thalmor - A series of quest mods that add missions to counteract Thalmor actions.
Stable uGridsToLoad - supposed to help with crashes.
Helgen Reborn - let you help rebuild Helgen after the events of the intro
Wearable Lanterns - Adds lanterns that can attach to your belt, so that you don't have to have a free hand to use them. Optionally, these lanterns can require refueling.
Hearthfire Building Materials out of More Metals - A goon mod that lets you make house parts out of more metals, so you aren't constantly searching for iron
ASIS Improved INI Files - Goon config for ASIS, makes it better
INIGO - Khajit follower who isn't poo poo
Enchantment Reload Fix - fixes a bug that affects how fast enchantment charges drain and gold values after saving and reloading
Dynamic Torches - Let you remove torches from emplacements
Horse Branding - adds a branding iron that lets you make horses yours, so you can steal them permanently
Crime Bounty Decay - Makes it so that your bounty in one hold slowly decays while you are in another hold
Night Eye Overhaul - Tweaks the night eye power and makes it available as a spell or enchantment
Royal Bloodline - Vampire lord improvements, including an overhaul of their perk tree
Moonlight Tales - Werewolf overhaul
Bloodmoon Rising - Moonlight Tales expansion for dawngaurd
Deadly Poisons - increases the strength of poisons
KenMOD - Time on loading screen - Puts the IRL time on your loading screens, so you go to bed before dawn maybe
Wet and Cold - Adds effects to wetness and coldness, including NPC responses to weather
BLESSINGS - Altar Descriptions - lets you know what praying at an altar will do
Guess the Distance - adds a power that tells you various information, including distance, about the target you are aiming at
Firewood - Ingot - Ore weight reduction and Axe and Pickaxe Weight Overhaul - Makes these items less heavy
Open and Lock Spells - adds spells to open locks or lock things, as in previous games
Jaxonz Positioner - "in-game decorating tool" super useful
LOHS - Lanterns on Horse Saddles - Adds a lantern to horses, making them much easier to find
Crafting cloud storage and retrieval - Adds storage to crafting stations that is shared between all stations of the same type - so you don't have to remember where you put those iron ingots.
Arissa - The Wandering Rogue - Goon-recommended companion mod - have not tried it personally yet
Dawn of Skyrim Collection - A collection of the various "Dawn of City" city overhauls. Unlike the main competitor, JK's city overhauls, Dawn features no purring rats occupying Riften.
A Matter of Time - A HUD clock widget - Put the in-game time in the corner. Useful if you have mods that make nighttime dangerous and you need to know how much time you have before then.
Great Jar Hunt and Skyrim Unique Treasures - add little things scattered about to collect or sell. Compatible with Legacy of the Dragonborn
Helm of Oreyn Bearclaw and Lord's Mail - Adds the Morrowind artifacts to Skyrim

I was getting a little tired of writing descriptions by the end, and I can't be bothered to sort, but I hope it helps regardless. I also have some player homes and one-off armors and weapons installed if you want a whole bunch of those.
Thanks, I'm gonna go through these and sort/add them to the OP.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Expanded Winterhold Destruction Ruins is a pretty cool mod that fleshes out the story of the Great Collapse and adds a new underground area where the central district of Winterhold is entombed under the ice and being used as a base by necromancers. You can clear it out (you should be at least level 30 or you will die horribly and often) and make the palace into a player home. I do find the quest to clear the necropolis out way too "monty haul", though, it's full to bursting with desirable loot and you can easily make 50,000 gold by sacking the place and selling the stuff that you don't want off.

E: Here's an idea for a mod--if a dragon is in the general area (you can hear it) and you shout up at the sky, the dragon will hear you, interpret it as a challenge, and attack you.

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jan 12, 2015

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

NiftyBottle posted:

Tundra Defense is a buggy mess, I wouldn't recommend it. It's a pity because it's a cool premise, but this guy did a similar mod for New Vegas and he's long abandoned them both at this point.

Use EK_RingLimiter instead of TwoRings, it has an MCM menu that let's you choose how many rings/amulets you can equip at once and it works really well.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Any mods that increase the diversity of voice-acting for existing NPCs?

RangerPL
Jul 23, 2014

Fina posted:

Do any mods adjust the difficulty curve of Skyrim combat? I've played a few characters recently and I really enjoy the early game where you have to pick your fights and enemies are a threat, but my new character is only level 17 and already the majority of bandits I'm running into die in two hits and only the bandit leaders can take any amount of damage, I'm not even abusing alchemy, enchantment, or smithing buffs at this point. I suppose I could increase the difficulty slider in-game but if it's anything like the one in Oblivion it will just make the game feel spongy, I just like higher-stakes, quick and lethal combat.

I downloaded skyTweak and used that to get rid of the damage dealt penalty for high difficulty levels and then set my difficulty to master. This way I hit hard but also get hit hard, which makes combat more challenging without turning every enemy into a damage sponge as you said.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Functional Homes is a good one for jazzing up the vanilla player homes. It adds linked storage between them all as well as other handy features so you can sort and use your stuff from any of the vanilla homes. It's best idea is The Luggage which also appears in Inn rooms when you hire them and is great for dropping off your mid adventure loot leaving you free to carry on plundering unencumbered to your hearts content.

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe

RangerPL posted:

I downloaded skyTweak and used that to get rid of the damage dealt penalty for high difficulty levels and then set my difficulty to master. This way I hit hard but also get hit hard, which makes combat more challenging without turning every enemy into a damage sponge as you said.

Would you mind sharing the settings you used? I've been looking to use SkyTweak with my newest playthrough and what you described sounds like it'd work great.

RangerPL
Jul 23, 2014

Phetz posted:

Would you mind sharing the settings you used? I've been looking to use SkyTweak with my newest playthrough and what you described sounds like it'd work great.

Not at all.

The values on the top left are what I changed. The ones for expert, master, legendary are something like 0.75, 0.5, 0.25 respectively by default. Make sure to quicksave immediately after leaving the MCM as the values don't always "stick" with a hardsave for whatever reason.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Elth posted:

Imp's More Complex Needs tracks caffeine, alcohol and moon sugar blood levels, but then you have to deal with the rest of the mod's spergy poo poo. Getting high on moon sugar/skooma tanks your crafting and speech skills, but gives you a bonus to weapon skills. There's also a slight blurring effect on the edge of your screen but I think you can disable that.
I already have Realistic Needs and Diseases and Frostfall installed, which is probably about as far as I want to go with that (Frostfall is the best). I just want drugs to work like Fallout (and maybe some mechanics around dealing, that'd be cool).

I found a mod I'm going to try but it doesn't look promising. Another one that looks somehow less promising.

EDIT:

Woolie Wool posted:

Isn't moon sugar basically cocaine and thus skooma is crack? It's a substance extracted from a plant in tropical jungles, is a highly addictive stimulant, can be refined into a much more powerful and dangerous form that is smoked from a pipe, and is associated with an oppressed racial minority (Khajiit wants you to check your primate privilege, yes).
Khajiit agree, but also wants the appropriate skooma-addict-roleplaying-experience.

If you haven't played with the Khajiit Speak mod, you need to. The Khajiit-ified responses are fantastic and add a lot to playing a Khajiit.

Ghost of Reagan Past fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jan 12, 2015

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Scyantific posted:

I'm doing it in steps. Mainly because I'm going through and checking which mods haven't been updated since the last revision. Like this morning I just redid the intro + tools/sites section.
FYI Acquisitive Soul Gems has a patch for Apocalypse Spells, and for Perkus Maximum now. And, how does it break bound weapons? This is the first I'm hearing of that.

Also DynDOLOD belongs in that list, even if it is in beta.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Kilroy posted:

FYI Acquisitive Soul Gems has a patch for Apocalypse Spells, and for Perkus Maximum now. And, how does it break bound weapons? This is the first I'm hearing of that.

Also DynDOLOD belongs in that list, even if it is in beta.

Why would anyone be using Acquisitive Soul Gems when Smart Souls exists? Not being sarcastic, Acquisitive Soul Gems says it's expanded on it but I don't really see anything but a minor bugfix as a difference and Smart Souls is an SKSE script so it's a lot more compatible with stuff so why would ASG be preferred?

Zeron fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jan 12, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
TBH I was using it because I didn't realize Smart Souls existed and was a better option and have now switched.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Zeron posted:

Why would anyone be using Acquisitive Soul Gems when Smart Souls exists? Not being sarcastic, Acquisitive Soul Gems says it's expanded on it but I don't really see anything but a minor bugfix as a difference and Smart Souls is an SKSE script so it's a lot more compatible with stuff so why would ASG be preferred?
I don't care about that, just pointing out the patches exist. Originally all ASG was, is that minor fix, and then when the Creation Kit came out I duplicated the Smart Souls stuff because shademe would take a month to update after each Bethesda patch, and I didn't like to wait. So now it's there.

wigglin
Dec 19, 2007

Alchemy and Food Balanced Overhaul

I had to search this thread for a while to find a mod that does all the right stuff to alchemy and food.

-Most potions are over time instead of instantaneous
-Rarer ingredients cause more powerful effects
-Potion prices are drastically reduced
-Food has greater effects over a longer period of time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Zeron posted:

This is a correct statement.

Woolie Wool posted:

Brhuce Hammar: Legacy is loving amazing. Hilarious rear end in a top hat Telvanni mage, by TrainWiz. There's also this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo7oU6qNae4

By yours truly.

A few notes for ya, Scyantific:

Convenient Crossbows has been superceded by An NPO Module - Crossbows and Faction Crossbows. The NPO one uses the same models as CC did, but actually integrates crossbows into the main game via leveled lists, and it works together with Faction Crossbows, which is exactly what it sounds like.

Dwemerverse has been superceded by Dwemertech. You may also wish to note that, to allow total chumps to enjoy them, both Dwemertech and Spectraverse now have no-quest versions where the spells are just added to vendors.

Resplendent Racials has been replaced by Imperious - Races of Skyrim.

Now, mods that (I think) should be in the OP, in no particular order:

Bonemold Expanded: Adds a bunch of variety to the Dragonborn bonemold armors, with types not seen since Morrowind. Speaking of Morrowind, Netch Leather Armor is very nice too.

The Wheels of Lull. TrainWiz's Magnum Opus for Skyrim. loving awesome, delves deep into the weirder side of Elder Scrolls lore.

D13 Faster GET UP STAND UP animation vanilla friendly, which basically makes you get up faster after being ragdolled.

Enhanced Blood Textures. Just makes enemies and yourself bleed and bleed out, with more blood splattering everywhere. Can get a bit Dragon Age-ish at times.

Faster Horse Dismounting. Three speeds to choose from.

Grimy's Utilities and SkyTweak. Neither are on the Nexus, since Grimy got banned for having the temerity to criticize another persons mod, but these two utility mods are drat useful.

The IMAGINATOR and DynaVison. Imaginator lets you tweak the visuals of Skyrim from within the MCM, while DynaVision lets you do DoF stuff from the MCM. Both use features of the Skyrim Engine, so the performance hit is tiny.

iNeed is a much less spergy needs mod than Realistic Needs and Diseases.

Quiet and Silent Dead Thrall Groans and Moans: Okay, I get it, you're dead. Shut the gently caress up already.

Icebreaker's Improved Reverb.

Immersive Sounds Compendium. Reworked sounds for most things.

Ramccoid's Various Texture Replacers are all very nice looking, even the non-HD versions. I use most of them.

Skysight - Simply Bigger Trees (and a seperate LOD patch.) This really makes Skyrim look better, IMHO. If you want an idea of what it looks like in-game, I'm using it in the Bob Ross Follower video I posted above.

OMINOUS Dragon Soul Absorb Music. This may be kind of subjective, but I really like this, so I'm putting this one out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFcabpdiwOA

A few graphical tweaks (all of these are ESP less - they simply replace NIF files for the most part):

Subdued Cloak Spell graphics
Alternate Summoning Visuals <-- I really recommend this one.
Immersive HD Dickbutt Rune Spells. Very immersive, by yours truly.
Reshaped Daedric Armor and Reshaped Ebony Armor. Makes these armors look bulkier and more intimidating.

EDIT: One last one I meant to put in there:

Skyrim Enhanced Camera. This is basically a much better alternative to that Immersive First Person View mod from a while back. This one is just a SKSE plugin, and it lets you see your body in first person view, and (IMHO) even better, makes it so you cast shadows even in first person. Also available for Oblivion and New Vegas.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jan 12, 2015

• Locked thread