Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

As much as some people want things to go back to the Good Old Days of friendly, small GDQs with bonus streams of just folks hanging out
At least ESA is still attempting to stay as this.

For now.

The comparison I usually draw is that these days, AGDQ is a charity event first and the content just so happens to be a speedrunning marathon, whereas ESA is a community speedrunning marathon first that also has a charity aspect to it.

Of course, ESA doesn't get anywhere close to the amount of donations that the *GDQs get, but hey, we've increased our total each year, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Oh god they've got blueglass on tech

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Don't worry about it.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I honestly feel like I just don't 'get' Naelgeria. I know his whole shtick is that he's an abrasive rear end in a top hat and I don't even mind that but I guess it comes off a bit too genuine for my tastes.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Tracula posted:

I honestly feel like I just don't 'get' Naelgeria. I know his whole shtick is that he's an abrasive rear end in a top hat and I don't even mind that but I guess it comes off a bit too genuine for my tastes.

He was the one that made mario party teams on the last few bonus streams and turned it from funtimes to unwatchable poo poo so it's definitely not all a schtick

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Tracula posted:

He's not pretending to be an abrasive rear end in a top hat, he's an abrasive rear end in a top hat who's pretending that his assholery is a joke. He's still funny sometimes though, especially when he's got someone else to rear end in a top hat with. But it really doesn't work on a regulated stream like a GDQ.

CarpetCrawler
Feb 18, 2013

Finally, the grand return of Spinball. :allears:

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
0xwas got bopped already: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzIbC359aRc&feature=youtu.be

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

He's never seen a 9.40 and he never will.

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
Hes a loving LEGEND

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
seems like the pal version is just faster for some reason considering even a tas couldn't get below 9.41.

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

LAY-ZX posted:

Naegleria is Luigi, and the goons who think he's not hilarious are wrong. Dracula is Yoshi, beardie is Mario, and the mystery player is Wario.

Mystery player was Missy (Twitch name otokonokohime) by the way. I think they did Surgeon Simulator or something in the bonus stream last year. No idea what they actually run other than that they run something.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I just came in for Spinball, what's been run so far on the Bonus Stream?

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

Cerebulon posted:

Mystery player was Missy (Twitch name otokonokohime) by the way. I think they did Surgeon Simulator or something in the bonus stream last year. No idea what they actually run other than that they run something.

He ran Surgeon Sim co-op with Broman last AGDQ

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

HGH posted:

I just came in for Spinball, what's been run so far on the Bonus Stream?

Ground Heroes, Melee Adventure Mode, Pokémon Stadium mini-games and Mario Party.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Do these other streamers even like blueglass? I mean that as an honest question, it seems like they basically dismiss anything he says instantly. At least during this Spinball set.

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

Agrias120 posted:

Do these other streamers even like blueglass? I mean that as an honest question, it seems like they basically dismiss anything he says instantly. At least during this Spinball set.

Blueglass is way cooler than everyone else there put together so it's kind of a moot point.

CarpetCrawler
Feb 18, 2013

Agrias120 posted:

There are a lot of people in the community who get overly-critical of him because they think he has a hugbox and feel they need to compensate for it but people do genuinely like him.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Yeah, seems more like they have a good time with him than anything else.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

What's the gag behind "Up next: Wario Land 4"?

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Makes sense--he seems like a fun(ny) guy. I just couldn't tell if they were playfully ribbing on him or just being jerks. :shobon:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

LAY-ZX posted:

What's the gag behind "Up next: Wario Land 4"?

That was the second game ran in the marathon. And for a bit the "Up next" was broken to say it was Wario Land 4 during and after Wario Land 4's run was done.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
tech guys are so bitchy wow

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Colonel Campbell?! Huh? What? Why is he voicing anime fighter game?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
snake is pretty sugoi

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

HGH posted:

Colonel Campbell?! Huh? What? Why is he voicing anime fighter game?

Are you asking why a video game voice actor isn't choosy about how he pays the bills?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Holy poo poo they're playing Evil Zone.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Early 3D fighting games were a magical thing.

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*

Was that Shake Shake?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Shake Shake onscreen for a split second.

Supercar Gautier posted:

Are you asking why a video game voice actor isn't choosy about how he pays the bills?

They've kinda been really picky lately(the Actor's Guild, etc) but I see this is a 90s game so that explains everything.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Holy poo poo they're playing Evil Zone.
This just makes me wish they were playing Psychic Force instead.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
Oh my god, they have sound-drops.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
lol

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Evil Zone? Where's Paul Eiding?

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*

Oh this ends in a few minutes? I could have sworn somebody said it would last around 24 hours.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

Cerebulon posted:

Oh this ends in a few minutes? I could have sworn somebody said it would last around 24 hours.

I guess since they need a bigger team to actually run the stream, they cant afford to dick around as long afterwards anymore. Oh well!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 minutes!
Young Orc

Velocity Raptor posted:

"Was that trick tool assisted?"

"Well, it was assisted by Naegleria, so that's close enough"

:v:

lol

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
RIP AGDQ

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Aaaaaaand we're done. The Bonus Stream is over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
It ended on a whimper.

• Locked thread